PDA

View Full Version : Ellen wants a GOP on her show!

VRP08
11-15-2007, 01:57 AM
Ellen wants a GOP on her show! (e-mail her)
RonPaulGrassRootsAction at Yahoo! Groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RonPaulGrassRootsAction/message/2628)
Imported: 2007-11-13

Ellen Degeneres wants to have a Republican on her Show. Email her with your unbiased suggestions! (Ron Paul) I think she would really like him.

krott5333
11-15-2007, 01:59 AM
what is her email?

VRP08
11-15-2007, 02:01 AM
what is her email?

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/ (http://ellen.warnerbros.com/)

krott5333
11-15-2007, 02:05 AM
sent!

Jobarra
11-15-2007, 02:07 AM
That would be funny if she got behind him. Doesn't she support Hillary?

I've caught her show a few times. She is the funniest talkshow host in that timeframe by far and I seriously doubt she would attack him like some other hosts might.

literatim
11-15-2007, 02:11 AM
I thought she gave an open invite all all Presidential candidates.

Furis
11-15-2007, 02:12 AM
AOL Time Warner is/would historically be in bed with Clinton or Obama

yaz
11-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Ellen supports Hillary Clinton I think.

user
11-15-2007, 02:52 AM
I would think Ellen would have to respect Ron Paul's defense of human rights, including the rights of gay people, even when facing hostile crowds or radio hosts.

Richandler
11-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Paul would do very well. Getting him on the show is a different issue. Ron is/was supposed to be on the View correct? When will this happen if it hasn't already? I'm sure that appearance might lead to an Ellen show in the near future.

conner_condor
11-15-2007, 03:59 AM
Ellen: What do you think of gays and lesbians being wed?
RP: I don't believe in it,but that is a state issue and not the presidents or the congress decisions.

user
11-15-2007, 03:59 AM
Is the Ellen show airing new episodes now, or has the strike shut it down too?

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 04:13 AM
sent!

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 04:15 AM
As long as she doesn't make him dance...

idiom
11-15-2007, 04:21 AM
As far as I know Gay Rights is not a big Hillary thing. Rights in general are not Hillary things so how could Ellen support her?

Hope
11-15-2007, 04:23 AM
I don't know. I doubt that much of Ellen's audience would be receptive to his message, but more than that, I think neocons would rant about it to no end. I can hear Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly now insisting that no real conservative would go on Ellen's show. Like it or not, we need the religious right if we want to win this thing.

Goldwater Conservative
11-15-2007, 04:28 AM
RP: I don't believe in it,but that is a state issue and not the presidents or the congress decisions.

RP: I believe in the traditional definition of marriage, but this is an issue that should be decided by the people at the state level, and I question whether there should even be a civil institution of marriage at all. I guess you could say I want to privatize marriage. Let people contract with each other if they want, but leave each person and religion to decide in their own way what such contracts represent, if anything.

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 04:31 AM
I don't know. I doubt that much of Ellen's audience would be receptive to his message, but more than that, I think neocons would rant about it to no end. I can hear Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly now insisting that no real conservative would go on Ellen's show. Like it or not, we need the religious right if we want to win this thing.

They'll get on board once he out-performs or gets the nomination. Abortion is their big thing.

cac1963
11-15-2007, 04:34 AM
RP: I believe in the traditional definition of marriage, but this is an issue that should be decided by the people at the state level, and I question whether there should even be a civil institution of marriage at all. I guess you could say I want to privatize marriage. Let people contract with each other if they want, but leave each person and religion to decide in their own way what such contracts represent, if anything.

I'm thinking his Google quote (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg) would be most appealing to Ellen: "I support all voluntary associations, and I don't care what you call them."

wealeat
11-15-2007, 04:36 AM

RP: I believe in the traditional definition of marriage, but I also believe in all voluntary contracts. If you desire to voluntarily contract with another individual who am I to say you can't.

user
11-15-2007, 04:53 AM
I forgot about the possibility of backlash from social conservatives, but are they even watching Ellen? And if they're not, are they really going to hear about it? If they hear about it from Hannity or O'Reilly they're probably brainwashed already anyway.

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 05:15 AM
They're not going to attack Ron Paul for going on Ellen.

LibertyEagle
11-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Obama has also been on Ellen's show.

I think she will be completely fair to Congressman Paul.

I sent the email. I hope she invites him and the campaign accepts.

Maria
11-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I sent her an email!

Richie
11-15-2007, 09:18 AM
E-mailed, but had to give my phone number. Ugh.

Steve4RP
11-15-2007, 10:03 AM
E-mail sent...I think he would do well on the show and he needs more exposer to female voters.

VRP08
11-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks everyone! I think it would be cool! I personally like watching her show and think RP would enjoy!

JaylieWoW
11-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Ellen,

I have ALWAYS been a fan of yours. I wouldn't count myself as rabid, but certainly anytime I see you on TV or hear your voice, it always makes me smile. I believe the power of laughter and joy is one of the greatest gifts to be endowed with!

I was very touched by the clip about the dog and the family you gave it too. I'd always had this gut feeling you were a very kind and caring individual. You continue to prove it day in and day out.

I am writing to you today because I heard you were looking for a GOP Presidential Candidate to appear on your show. I would like to recommend Ron Paul. Ron Paul is best described as "The Champion of the Constitution". He believes in our rights to live our lives as we see fit!

Ron Paul has garnered a massive internet following, I am quite certain an appearance on your show would be a big day for ratings!

Please, won't you consider contacting the Ron Paul campaign at www.ronpaul2008.com?

Best personal regards,
XXXX

PS: My apologies if your organization is currently flooded with similar requests, as a Ron Paul supporter, I can assure you it is because we are very passionate about the ideas our candidate stands for, please take it as a compliment from peaceful advocates of Liberty that you have long been on our list of appearances we'd like to see Ron Paul make.

BuddyRey
11-15-2007, 10:24 AM
This is a GREAT idea!!! Ellen's daytime TV audience has been virtually untapped by RP so far, and I have a feeling the two would really hit it off. It would be television magic in the making.

LibertyEagle
11-15-2007, 10:31 AM
This is a GREAT idea!!! Ellen's daytime TV audience has been virtually untapped by RP so far, and I have a feeling the two would really hit it off. It would be television magic in the making.

Of course she would. I mean, if Joy Behar could like him, Ellen certainly would.

VRP08
11-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Ellen,

I have ALWAYS been a fan of yours. I wouldn't count myself as rabid, but certainly anytime I see you on TV or hear your voice, it always makes me smile. I believe the power of laughter and joy is one of the greatest gifts to be endowed with!

I was very touched by the clip about the dog and the family you gave it too. I'd always had this gut feeling you were a very kind and caring individual. You continue to prove it day in and day out.

I am writing to you today because I heard you were looking for a GOP Presidential Candidate to appear on your show. I would like to recommend Ron Paul. Ron Paul is best described as "The Champion of the Constitution". He believes in our rights to live our lives as we see fit!

Ron Paul has garnered a massive internet following, I am quite certain an appearance on your show would be a big day for ratings!

Please, won't you consider contacting the Ron Paul campaign at www.ronpaul2008.com? (http://www.ronpaul2008.com?)

Best personal regards,
XXXX

PS: My apologies if your organization is currently flooded with similar requests, as a Ron Paul supporter, I can assure you it is because we are very passionate about the ideas our candidate stands for, please take it as a compliment from peaceful advocates of Liberty that you have long been on our list of appearances we'd like to see Ron Paul make.

Very well said.:)

thomaseusin
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
sent

Dear Ellen,

Please consider having Dr. Ron Paul, Republican Presidential Candidate for your show. I'm not asking you to endorse him, but rather learn about the person and his ideas, and then form your opinion about him. I have, and as with many others, have been inspired by what he brings to the table, and has cured my apathy towards politics.

I think his message and character speaks volumes and he would be a great show for you.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Thomas

anewvoice
11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Not an Ellen fan myself, but I ran this past my wife (who loves Ron Paul too). She says that Dr. Paul needs to get on more shows that women watch because he's got no name recognition in the female market right now.

Just thought a womans perspective might help.

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Ron Paul dancing with Ellen... hmm...

Ron Paul in 2008
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I dont know if Ellen is the best appearance for Ron Paul. It definitely cant hurt but I dont know if he will vibe well with Ellen. I sent the email anyways though. Btw her show is mindless but unfortunately she has an audience.

Not an Ellen fan myself, but I ran this past my wife (who loves Ron Paul too). She says that Dr. Paul needs to get on more shows that women watch because he's got no name recognition in the female market right now.

Just thought a womans perspective might help.

I know but the thing about it is that women love him once they know him. My sister is the most apathetic, apolitical person but when she saw Ron Paul on Jay Leno she loves him and registered republican to vote for him. She also says she will start telling people about him. She definitely wouldn't do this for any other candidate.

Its too bad but he will never be able to get on Oprah. He should definitely try to get on Ellen and the View. The View is key.

Goldwater Conservative
11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
I sent an e-mail about how Paul would like to get his message out to a greater audience, especially women, and how a lot of what he stands for (against the war, concerned with inflation, against corrupt politics) and his background might appeal to women who aren't sold on the other candidates.

And even though I don't watch her show much, I do think she's one of the funniest and nicest celebrities around. It'd be among the best interviews Paul could have.

DJ RP
11-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Ellen is the rarest of tv personalities. A funny woman.

Sorry to any woman reading. That probably came out sexist :eek:

bbachtung
11-15-2007, 07:20 PM
done