PDA

View Full Version : Cinco De Mayo or Mother's Day Moneybomb?!

Massachusetts
04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Who would be interested in a Cinco De Mayo Moneybomb or a Mothers Day Moneybomb? I think that it could be fun and successful if planned carefully. We have enough time to get it started now and make sure all of our people are in place for it to happen. I have a few ideas to get the ball rolling, and if people are interested, we can make it happen.

Cinco De Mayo - May 5th
Mothers Day - May 13th

We need to be prepared for Ron still being in the race in May. His homestate of Texas is at the end of the month, so we need to prepare him for that.

May 8, 2012
Indiana Primary
North Carolina Primary
West Virginia Primary
May 15, 2012
Nebraska Primary
Oregon Primary
May 22, 2012
Arkansas Primary
Kentucky Primary
May 29, 2012
Texas Primary

Vanilluxe
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
I suggest Cinco de Mayo, the earlier the transaction the better

Massachusetts
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I really liked everything that went into the In It To Win It moneybomb. If we can do something like that with more time to spare that would marvelous. I know that Texas and California are big states for the campaign just because of their size and magnitude, so I don't think we could go wrong with either day.

PaulSoHard
04-16-2012, 10:25 PM
If this is our final moneybomb, we could call it "Standoff at Tampa" or something like that to promote that he's going to make it all the way to the convention to challenge Romney.

I'm not really good at coming up with names for this kind of stuff

alucard13mmfmj
04-16-2012, 10:28 PM
"Donate for the sake of your mother and grandmother" Money Bomb

No1butPaul
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
If this is our final moneybomb, we could call it "Standoff at Tampa" or something like that to promote that he's going to make it all the way to the convention to challenge Romney.

I like this too -- maybe May Day Moneybomb (which would be even earlier on May 1st): Standoff at Tampa (or maybe even, May Day, May Day Money Bomb cuz of the military connotation), either way, seems like the earlier the better.

eleganz
04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
This is the last money bomb so make it good big and EPIC

I like standoff at Tampa. Let the people feel the urgency like black this out

How about battle of Tampa bay???

PaulSoHard
04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
And then there's the very late Memorial Day: Bring 'Em Home Moneybomb. Gives us plenty of time to promote and I think an easy one to promote as well

wgadget
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
This is the last money bomb so make it good big and EPIC

I like standoff at Tampa. Let the people feel the urgency like black this out

How about battle of Tampa bay???

How about Tampa Showdown..? :D

Proph
04-16-2012, 10:42 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_holidays_by_country#United_States_of_Ameri ca

Pray for Paul? (May 3rd - National Day of Prayer).
Armed Forces Day is also on the 15th. Perhaps one that starts on Mother's Day and ends on Armed Forces day?

And for the last money bomb (or perhaps, last event)...I'd like to see something like "The Road to Tampa". Have Paul start in California, and travel by ground to Tampa (making pitstops along the way for speeches and what not), arriving at the convention.

^^Throwing stuff out there.

Barrex
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
We need to get suggestions and then contact campaign directly to get in sync:
Ultra High Priority This should be done by 1 or few people with credibility and name recognition. Someone (or few) who will make sure that every aspect of money-bomb is covered and that everyone knows what their objective is(person/people who will manage all money-bomb activities):
-Contact official campaign.
-ask for official campaign email (this will greatly increase response from Ron Paul friendly web-sites that are going to be asked to promote money-bomb)
-get a name for new money-bomb (1 name that all will use...to avoid calling it 4 different names)
-get a date
-ask them to host money-bomb website as part of official campaign website (gives it official look and credibility. We will avoid people spamming "this is fraud and fake dont donate here")
ASAP (as soon as possible)

After that: Everything else.

Can someone list all important dates? Debate? State elections? Historic date? etc.

Tomorrow I have on line meeting with people who are active in this and we hopefully we can start working on it.... There is not much time and there is a lot of work.

P.s.
Suggestion for person who will manage entire thing: Make it a 7 days money-bomb. If it is possible (if dates are during same week) week when is debate, election in any state, Ron Paul rally, etc. This would help significantly to promote money-bomb and break through media black-out. Exposure, marketing, advertising.....

CaptainAmerica
04-16-2012, 10:45 PM
cinco de mayo....... cues *FACEPALM

CaptainAmerica
04-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Avengers moneybomb. If any ron paul voters are going to see the avengers they should put down the equal amount for ticket admission towards Ron Pauls campaign. MAY 4th

No1butPaul
04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
And then there's the very late Memorial Day: Bring 'Em Home Moneybomb. Gives us plenty of time to promote and I think an easy one to promote as well

I think that is an awesome idea, but May 28th is so late. Maybe an idea to keep in the back pocket in case there is another money bomb to be had.

Mckarnin
04-16-2012, 11:23 PM
I think a women for Ron Paul/female themed moneybomb could be good if we have good concepts, a bit of education and promote it well. In particular with all the hoopla about "women's issues" that's been going around lately with Romobamaney.

wgadget
04-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Check your email boxes. Just got something interesting from RevPac...(?)

Okie RP fan
04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Check your email boxes. Just got something interesting from RevPac...(?)

Care to share with the rest of us?

Gradient
04-16-2012, 11:51 PM
http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/082009/tobacco_smoke_enema.jpg

mad cow
04-17-2012, 12:09 AM
http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/082009/tobacco_smoke_enema.jpg
Well,it's not my favorite so far,but it sure has the cinco de mayo money bomb idea beat all to hell.

eleganz
04-17-2012, 12:22 AM
BATTLE OF TAMPA BAY MONEY BOMB

jordie
04-17-2012, 12:56 AM
I voted against more money bombs. When you're in business, you know the value of branding. We have developed a series of moneybomb brands only to let them fade away. We need to keep up with "in it to win it" and make it a weekly thing. Give the Good Doctor a SOLID flow of income. It'll also help all us with promoting.

The biggest issue with each money bomb is having to almost start from scratch with promoting. The branding has to be built up from zero. People see labels/names/brands and build up trust over time for them. Each time we choose a new theme, we have to start with zero trust again. We need to build a donation brand. We have now "In it to win it" and it's a damn good slogan and I think we can work with it.

My suggestion is to use "In it to win it" as a new weekly drive to get donations. The aim to get $10-$20 week from all participants. Whether everyone does it the same day every week or everyone nominates their own day can be discussed later, but essentially we'd be able to continually promote this 1 brand. The Facebook fan page wouldn't have to start from scratch. We can keep building upon what we have, and I think that'll be a bigger success.

If there is an aim/goal to work towards, it'd be to make every week bigger than the last week.

What say you guys?

EDIT: I made a thread about it here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?372339-Turning-quot-In-it-to-win-it-quot-into-a-weekly-donation-drive)

Vanilluxe
04-17-2012, 01:12 AM
I have the best suggestion, lets have $20.12 mini bombs on Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, and Memorial Day to have enough money anytime anywhere!

Phyxrgon
04-17-2012, 03:39 AM
i would donate on mother's day... my mom works very hard, even though she hates political stuff and only gives a darn about election day only. i wish she could get a better, less strenuous job, but with how things are... i dont think she will ever want to leave what she works at compared to how rough it will be to start anew somewhere in the same area with far less pay.

its damned if she does and damned if she doesnt, and i want a better economy for my mom and everyone else.

John F Kennedy III
04-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Wait why is this the last moneybomb?

Edit: If it is then start it on Cinco de Mayo and leave the ticker up through the end of May.

Goal: $12 million to win in 2012.

Liberty74
04-17-2012, 04:45 AM
Have a money bomb that means something to the average voter to that will allow us to expand our message and attract NEW donors. People are tired of the wars and 60% want the troops to come home.

BRING THE TROOPS HOME!

Doing money bombs that only attract already Ron Paul supporters does not maximize our potential to raise $5 million. Hence the last two money bombs that struggled to get to $1 million.

No Free Beer
04-17-2012, 05:54 AM
STOP DEBATING WHAT THE DAMN MONEYBOMB SHOULD BE CALLED! YOU ALL ARE WASTING SO MUCH TIME. SOMEONE START MAKING LOGOS, VIDEOS, AVATARS, WEBPAGES, ETC FOR ONE. GET GOING. EVERYTHING ALWAYS TAKES SO DAMN LONG. THE EARLIER WE START PROMOTING, THE BETTER THE MONEYBOMB WILL BE!

kathy88
04-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Care to share with the rest of us?

Dear Kathy,
Don’t hate the media: BECOME the media!

It’s the refreshing refrain of relentless patriots across America who’ve taken up the freedom mantle in their own backyard. Traditional political activity leveraged with unprecedented electronic innovation has driven the liberty message into the mainstream … where it’s being met with wide open arms!

Ron Paul continues to dominate the delegate process from coast to coast this presidential primary season, and with nary a mention on the nightly news. Organic enthusiasm and universal truth, we know, trump dollars and duplicity every time.

Revolution PAC is proud to stand with you to herald this burgeoning freedom movement!

We’ve brought you groundbreaking TV and Web advertisements, successful direct mail and vote-watching projects, and our exclusive liberty-driven live election night broadcasts.

So, what’s next?

Very soon, RevPAC will announce a major new initiative that promises to build our momentum to Tampa … and far beyond. Are you ready for it?

Check your inbox this Wednesday for more details …

Yours in liberty,

Dan Johnson
Vice Chairman, Revolution PAC

TruckinMike
04-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Use the stratagy that thousands of Ron Paul Supporters have been clamoring about.

"If Only One Million people donated ten dollars that would be 10 million dollars" Does that sound too simple? Sometimes the best ideas are right in front of your face. This is one of those moments!

Who can't afford ten dollars? Who? ---- Every collage student, single mother, divorcee, family of 18, broke down truckers, etc, - HAD excuses UNTIL NOW. Ten Dollars times ONE MILLION equals TEN MILLION dollars!

Why haven't we tried it? Simple, the fear of LOSS is greater than the risk of reward. Its all psychological. Grow some cojones and bring on the TEN Dollar money bomb. Facebook IT, Tweet it, Drudge It!!! Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight!

http://thebenefitsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ten-dollar-words.png

TMike

Fear of failure

The fear of losing money often has more influence over people’s investment decisions than their desire to make money. “Because of the pain of loss, people are willing to take greater risks to reduce that pain and to avert it than they are willing to do to maximize their profitability,”

When I used to be a salesman one thing that I learned that was very effective at making a sale was defeating objections. If you could defeat all objections - they bought. With money bombs there is only one objection - Money. They already want to buy the product (Ron Paul). The sale is half way there. All that you need to do now is close the sale by taking out that one last objection. For today only I have a special price, its not $100 like you were thinking, its not even $50 dollars like you may have hoped, No, for you Its only $10. Thats right for the amazingly affordable and unbelievably low price of $10 Ron Paul can be the Next President of the United states. Please Sign here X.

Thank you. Have a nice day.:)

wgadget
04-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Use the stratagy that thousands of Ron Paul Supporters have been clamoring about.

"If Only One Million people donated ten dollars that would be 10 million dollars" Does that sound too simple? Sometimes the best ideas are right in front of your face. This is one of those moments!

Who can't afford ten dollars? Who? ---- Every collage student, single mother, divorcee, family of 18, broke down truckers, etc, - HAD excuses UNTIL NOW. Ten Dollars times ONE MILLION equals TEN MILLION dollars!

Why haven't we tried it? Simple, the fear of LOSS is greater than the risk of reward. Its all psychological. Grow some cojones and bring on the TEN Dollar money bomb. Facebook IT, Tweet it, Drudge It!!! Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight!

http://thebenefitsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ten-dollar-words.png

TMike

We did a form of this last night, and will probably do it again tonight. We used Twitter to promote it ON THE SPOT...Not much planning at all. It was twomp's idea and we just went with it. $10 at 10PM...through the time zones. Added benefit is it turns into a Ron Paul Twitterbomb at the same time...We can promote videos, articles, whatever.

I'm with Mike on this one. KEEP IT SIMPLE, PATRIOTS.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?372276-10-at-10-pm-mini-bomb!

Ivash
04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
I agree with No Free Beer. The more time spent arguing=the less time spent promoting.

wgadget
04-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Has anyone checked with the campaign about doing something where people can get something signed by Ron for a certain amount? That seems simple to do.

NoOneButPaul
04-17-2012, 08:12 AM
We need to wait... this current moneybomb probably won't end until 4-22... so you're seriously going to start another one less than 14 days later and start promoting it less than a week after this one is over?

Makes 0 sense...

This is exactly how a moneybomb becomes a dud. You have to space these out better...

I say the earliest should be the 15th... exactly a month after the last one and right before Kentucky and Texas (where I think we have a shot to win).

V3n
04-17-2012, 08:31 AM
We need to wait... this current moneybomb probably won't end until 4-22... so you're seriously going to start another one less than 14 days later and start promoting it less than a week after this one is over?

Makes 0 sense...

This is exactly how a moneybomb becomes a dud. You have to space these out better...

I say the earliest should be the 15th... exactly a month after the last one and right before Kentucky and Texas (where I think we have a shot to win).

I agree with this. Wait until the 15th at least.
Whatever the name is, it should be urgent.

tuggy24g
04-17-2012, 08:36 AM
We should have one later in the month so we can promote it better then the last ones we had. We only have what like two weeks to get the word out instead if we had more time to promote would be better.

TruckinMike
04-17-2012, 10:22 AM
We should have one later in the month so we can promote it better then the last ones we had. We only have what like two weeks to get the word out instead if we had more time to promote would be better.AGREE!

Massachusetts
04-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Appreciate the feedback! Hope more is on the way! Maybe we could do something that calls for more urgency about a month from now, giving ourselves ample time to plan and promote. We need one before Texas!

orenbus
04-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,

Copying this timeline over from the MB analysis thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?372139-Moneybomb-analysis-how-to-improve) just so you guys can better understand the details of what it took to put the site and promo materials together and what type of time frame we were given to work with after the date/theme had been decided by people on the forums. One note MB sites like NOBP and II2WI are always added to, they grow over time with new features as a MB approaches. Even though we had the core stuff done well before the MB date we wanted to keep adding to it as much as we could even up to the 15th to provide more tools for grassroots to help promote the MB.

I most likely will not be able to work on the next MB, financially speaking I'm in real trouble, and this level of work requires someone do it full-time for little to no pay, which financially right now I cannot sustain. Some of you here will understand this, that some of us have pushed the red needle to the very edge, and that some have gone past it. Many of these days listed below took 10+hr days in some cases working well into the nights for both Dave (MrTwisted) and I not just working on the website, but also doing a lot of promotion work as well. I've given everything I can to this campaign and over the past five years and it's taken a serious toll, perhaps I should have done a better job promoting the chipin to help us cover the costs while working on this and other RP projects idk, it is a bit frustrating to see that someone who is working on a video game gets $5k+ in financial support from the grassroots in a matter of days and we can barely scrape up enough funding to help promote a fundraising effort that can help the campaign directly with ad buys in targeted states, but whatever, that's a different discussion and I don't want to be ungrateful. The sad part is I enjoy working on these projects and if I could financially continue doing it I would, unfortunately that option has now come and gone...

In any case here is the timeline, a lot more than just what is listed was involved in the work, however some of these items are more "visible" to end users than if I were to detail out all the work completed. Anyway, hope this helps you guys plan the next MB:

3-26: Okie RP fan creates initial planning thread "April Money Bomb: Planning and Promotion Thread", date is chosen 4-15
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?368968-April-Money-Bomb-Planning-and-Promotion-Thread&highlight=april+moneybomb

3-26: sailingaway creates poll for theme
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369093-Vote-for-name-theme-for-April-Moneybomb-%28-April-15-2012%29

3-29: the poll is completed and theme is chosen

3-29: DonovanJames creates initial April 15th brainstorming thread
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369578-IN-IT-TO-WIN-IT-April-15th-Money-Bomb!&highlight=april+moneybomb

3-30: Dave and I start to work on the site and domains are purchased
InToWin2012.com
InItToWinIt2012.com
InItToWin2012.com

3-30: I setup Facebook event and "like" page and we begin initial steps to invite and spread the message about the FB event while site is
being worked on

3-31: Site logo proposed
4-1: site logo and theme finalized
4-2: planning and promotion thread created and promotion graphics begin to be provided
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?370180-In-It-To-Win-It-Money-Bomb-Planning-amp-Promotion-Goal-2M-in-donations-on-April-15&highlight=april+moneybomb
4-3: site goes live
4-3: facebook paid ad and fb status message ad provided so people can continue to promote the facebook event
4-3: pledge widget banner provided
4-3: facebook avatars added
4-3: facebook timeline added
4-3: flyer added
4-4: countdown widget banner added (based on request)
4-4: countdown on front page of site
4-5: twitter avatars as well as other additional styled avatars added
4-5: video added
4-5: static banners (CJPrinter)
4-5: static banners (Dave)

Facebook promotion began on 3-30, site promotion began on 4-3. All of the core promotional tools were completed on 4-5 giving the grassroots at the very minimum 10 days to promote the 4-15 MB, arguably the grassroots had 16/12 days respectively to do promotion work.

Hope this helps.

Okie RP fan
04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I would acknowledge orenbus' post right there... Just saying.

My opinion? I say May 11. It's far enough out for all of us to recuperate and for us to adequately plan. This, by all means, should be our last money bomb.

And, I personally would like to bring attitude with it:

"Onward to Tampa!"

"Showdown in the Bay"

"Standoff in Tampa"

seawolf
04-17-2012, 01:52 PM
The Paul Campaign is making a Final Stand in Texas, his Home State!!!

Jesse Benton himself has said publicly that they are saving cash for TV Advertising in Texas.

The theme needs to be "Taking a Stand For Freedom" and have the Texas Flag in the Background.

Being a proportional State this is it!!!

TruckinMike
04-17-2012, 02:53 PM
No matter what the theme only the diehards will donate. UNLESS you make it easy for the moderate supporter to cough up some cash. People think other people expect them to donate $100 or so - what if they can't? Did the folks with just $10 send in any money? Or did they sit this one out? They most likely didn't send in one cent (yes, there are exceptions). The goal should be to get all of those folks that would be willing to toss out $10 -- PLUS all the folks that could donate more. We are leaving MILLIONS of dollars on the table. One reason people don't donate is because they don't want to admit that $10 is all that they could have afforded, or $10 is all the motivation they could muster, or they didn't think $10 would help the campaign much, whichever --- it doesn't really matter why as long as they are willing to toss out the $10.

If there is a theme let it be "Ten Bucks or BUST" or "Ten bucks for Tampa" or "Ten Bucks for Texas", or my favorite "Give ten dollars and watch the neo-cons holler" :D:D -- Whatever, you get the picture.

Just think about it before coming up with some empty, yet cool sounding name.

Take it or leave it, thats my two cent$.

TMike

wgadget
04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
No matter what the theme only the diehards will donate. UNLESS you make it easy for the moderate supporter to cough up some cash. People think other people expect them to donate $100 or so - what if they can't? Did the folks with just $10 send in any money? Or did they sit this one out? They most likely didn't send in one cent (yes, there are exceptions). The goal should be to get all of those folks that would be willing to toss out $10 -- PLUS all the folks that could donate more. We are leaving MILLIONS of dollars on the table. One reason people don't donate is because they don't want to admit that $10 is all that they could have afforded, or $10 is all the motivation they could muster, or they didn't think $10 would help the campaign much, whichever --- it doesn't really matter why as long as they are willing to toss out the $10.

If there is a theme let it be "Ten Bucks or BUST" or "Ten bucks for Tampa" or "Ten Bucks for Texas", or my favorite "Give ten dollars and watch the neo-cons holler" :D:D -- Whatever, you get the picture.

Just think about it before coming up with some empty, yet cool sounding name.

Take it or leave it, thats my two cent$.

TMike

You mean that's your $10. :D