PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Showdown: Kokesh in Ultimate Debate - Depew, NY - April 21

tony m
04-16-2012, 04:01 PM
1 minute Internet commercial -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK7IfifS2Wo

On Saturday, April 21, 2012, VETERAN SHOWDOWN presents national known Iraq veteran Adam Kokesh in the no holds barred Ultimate Debate on foreign policy.

Will one of the exclusive invitee’s from Western New York accept the challenge and step up to the plate to defend their beliefs and debate Mr. Kokesh?

Adam Kokesh is a Marine veteran who experienced the height of the firefights in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. He communicates first-hand war as it is, and not as it is pictured to be. Hear war described like never before.

Mr. Kokesh was also a 2010 New Mexico Congressional candidate. Presently, Adam is an activist, speaker, and Internet radio host of "Adam vs. The Man".

Mr. Kokesh understands the importance of accepting all of history, the fundamentals of modernity versus tribalism, the banking system, world influence, and the rule of law. Adam will explain how this meshing of overwhelming and powerful topics intertwines U.S. domestic and foreign policy; and is weakening America to a breaking point.

The event starts at 11:30 am, with Jim Weldy of the popular band the Boys of Summer singing the National Anthem. Adam will take the stage at noon, and then will take questions from the audience at 1pm. Meet and talk to Mr. Kokesh until 2pm. Afterwards Adam will head to the Twin Village VFW Post, 97 Litchfield Ave., in Depew for a complimentary dinner.

Donations of $5.00 or more will receive a commemorative color poster signed by Mr. Kokesh. Donations are being accepted on behalf of Veteran Showdown for two Western New York veteran support organizations, WNY Heroes and the Veterans Outreach Center of Rochester.

There will be informational booths and vendors. Pop, snacks, and drinks will be available at the cash bar.

Admission is FREE. The showdown is being held at the Polish Falcons, 445 Columbia Ave., Depew, NY 14043.

Veterans have been targeted for attendance and received the first tier of invitations. Please contact any veterans and request their attendance.

This engagement has been setup to specifically target the weaknesses exposed from caucus's and primaries; foreign policy and the inability to reach seniors. Therefore we are hoping for a large contingent of older veterans to attend.

Full event details can be found at www.VeteranShowdown.com.

Thank you and looking forward to your attendance. Our contact info is on the website.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/afm409/8x11-bw.jpg

nobody's_hero
04-16-2012, 04:18 PM
This is a neat idea.

But, how do we know Kokesh won't just end up getting passionate for liberty and putting the contenders in some sort of sleeper-hold, and tossing them in a pile in the back of a dump truck with the rest, so they all regain consciousness several days later in some desolate, Godforsaken area of the Mojave desert where only a creature such as a United States Marine could survive by drinking his own sweat and urine and eating stingers off of live scorpions for sustenance?

Dear God! those guys don't stand a chance.

jbauer
04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
what makes him think anyone cares to debate this?

kathy88
04-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Maybe he will slam Jesse Benton while he's at it? On my dime? Pass.

FSP-Rebel
04-16-2012, 06:40 PM
My take on Kokesh is that perhaps he's become a little jaded in politics after he put so much effort in to his congressional race. Seems to me that his activism has evolved (switched) in to more of a media and civil dis approach to things. We need all sorts in the broad liberty movement imo, just not sure what his beef is w/ Benton other than critiquing strategy. Anyway, he's a standup vet so my hats off to him on that. Would be interesting to see if he actually gets a challenger in this debate however.

tony m
04-16-2012, 06:51 PM
what makes him think anyone cares to debate this?

We at Veteran Debate are doing the challenging to our local big names, not Adam.

tony m
04-16-2012, 06:57 PM
My take on Kokesh is that perhaps he's become a little jaded in politics after he put so much effort in to his congressional race. Seems to me that his activism has evolved (switched) in to more of a media and civil dis approach to things. We need all sorts in the broad liberty movement imo, just not sure what his beef is w/ Benton other than critiquing strategy. Anyway, he's a standup vet so my hats off to him on that. Would be interesting to see if he actually gets a challenger in this debate however.

We started Veteran Showdown to do a few things.

We are addressing what I consider the weakness exposed from the caucus's and primaries; also the media constructed biggie. These are, that we are not attracting our seniors and the foreign policy split.

We decided to attack this by having a Iraq Marine battle veteran, who has Liberty knowledge and principles, will be well respected.

Also, we are not targeting Ron Paul people for our marketing. We are targeting veterans. Especially, older veterans.

Our target market is focused to counter our movements weakness. We are not preaching to the choir and throwing a Ron Paul party.

Wolfgang Bohringer
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
1 minute Internet commercial -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK7IfifS2Wo.

On Saturday, April 21, 2012, VETERAN SHOWDOWN presents national known Iraq veteran Adam Kokesh in the no holds barred Ultimate Debate on foreign policy.

Will one of the exclusive invitee’s from Western New York accept the challenge and step up to the plate to defend their beliefs and debate Mr. Kokesh?

Adam Kokesh is a marine veteran who experienced the height of the firefights in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. He communicates first-hand war as it is, and not as it is pictured to be. Hear war described like never before.

Mr. Kokesh was also a 2010 New Mexico Congressional candidate. Presently, Adam is an activist, speaker, and Internet radio host of "Adam vs. The Man".

Mr. Kokesh understands the importance of accepting all of history, the fundamentals of modernity versus tribalism, the banking system, world influence, and the rule of law. Adam will explain how this meshing of overwhelming and powerful topics intertwines U.S. domestic and foreign policy; and is weakening America to a breaking point.

The event starts at 11:30 am, with Jim Weldy of the popular band the Boys of Summer singing the National Anthem. Adam will take the stage at noon, and then will take questions from the audience at 1pm. Meet and talk to Mr. Kokesh until 2pm. Afterwards Adam will head to the Twin Village VFW Post, 97 Litchfield Ave., in Depew for a complimentary dinner.

Donations of $5.00 or more will receive a commemorative color poster signed by Mr. Kokesh. Donations are being accepted on behalf of Veteran Showdown for two Western New York veteran support organizations, WNY Heroes and the Veterans Outreach Center of Rochester.

There will be informational booths and vendors. Pop, snacks, and drinks will be available at the cash bar.

Admission is FREE. The showdown is being held at the Polish Falcons, 445 Columbia Ave., Depew, NY 14043.

Veterans have been targeted for attendance and received the first tier of invitations. Please contact any veterans and request their attendance.

This engagement has been setup to specifically target the weaknesses exposed from caucus's and primaries; foreign policy and the inability to reach seniors. Therefore we are hoping for a large contingent of older veterans to attend.

Full event details can be found at www.VeteranShowdown.com.

Thank you and looking forward to your attendance. Our contact info is on the website.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/afm409/8x11-bw.jpg

Wow, the graphic looks like the unmistakable work of Trevor. Can you imagine if the campaign had hired him and he had been staging these showdowns with Ron in the ring for the past 4 months?

tony m
04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Wow, the graphic looks like the unmistakable work of Trevor. Can you imagine if the campaign had hired him and he had been staging these showdowns with Ron in the ring for the past 4 months?

I don't know who Trevor is, but this isn't his work.

However, your right about staging the showdowns. That is where we are heading with VS. We'll see what happens ...

rb3b3
04-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Where's oreilly when u need him???? Lol

Wolfgang Bohringer
04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
I don't know who Trevor is, but this isn't his work.

However, your right about staging the showdowns. That is where we are heading with VS. We'll see what happens ...

Oh sorry. A couple of months ago somebody forwarded me an email from Trevor Lyman and it looked like he was doing some of Adam Kokesh's graphics.

My apologies to the actual creator of the high noon shootout thing. I like it!

And I love your approach. "If Ron's campaign managers refuse to get Ron's ideas out there, then we'll do it ourselves!"

Please consider putting something like Scott Horton's radio show with all of his brilliant journalists and experts on the road like this and take questions from the press, the voters, and all comers. I've said in the past that we should just stage these on our own right after Ron's rallies and kidnap Ron and make him sit on the panels.

jbauer
04-16-2012, 08:26 PM
its not nice to kidnap. I bet the good doctor wouldn't condone kidnaping a presidential candidate :)

However, if he did condone it..............................

culvereric
04-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Bump!!!! Cant wait to be there

tony m
04-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Oh sorry. A couple of months ago somebody forwarded me an email from Trevor Lyman and it looked like he was doing some of Adam Kokesh's graphics.

My apologies to the actual creator of the high noon shootout thing. I like it!

And I love your approach. "If Ron's campaign managers refuse to get Ron's ideas out there, then we'll do it ourselves!"

Please consider putting something like Scott Horton's radio show with all of his brilliant journalists and experts on the road like this and take questions from the press, the voters, and all comers. I've said in the past that we should just stage these on our own right after Ron's rallies and kidnap Ron and make him sit on the panels.

Thanks. I came up with the VS concept and did the artwork. Carrie, an air force veteran from Rochester, then helped fine tune VS. She wants to go national with this.

What I believe is that, we are blacked out of the media. To get the media attention, a local "neo big name" is needed to be the challenger. This name brings in the people and the media. In essence, we are using that to get us the media attention and our Liberty message out. It is an American smoke and mirrors tactic.

The debate is setup with a grand entrance of music and video .... It is like a tv / untimate fight show. But done more conservatively and tasteful. However, it has suspense and an upbeat entertainment atmosphere to it.

No challenger has stepped up to the plate though. So, Adam is most likely going to just speak and then answer questions from the audience.

Our first choice challenger, I am sure someone should be able to guess who, backed out. I sent him the pilot video, not the mellow one on the site now, and I believe it literally scared him off. The original video is hot. Due to our local upcoming elections, we decided to wait until they are over before I post it.

Wolfgang Bohringer
04-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks. I came up with the VS concept and did the artwork. Carrie, an air force veteran from Rochester, then helped fine tune VS. She wants to go national with this.

What I believe is that, we are blacked out of the media. To get the media attention, a local "neo big name" is needed to be the challenger. This name brings in the people and the media. In essence, we are using that to get us the media attention and our Liberty message out. It is an American smoke and mirrors tactic.

The debate is setup with a grand entrance of music and video .... It is like a tv / untimate fight show. But done more conservatively and tasteful. However, it has suspense and an upbeat entertainment atmosphere to it.

No challenger has stepped up to the plate though. So, Adam is most likely going to just speak and then answer questions from the audience.

Our first choice challenger, I am sure someone should be able to guess who, backed out. I sent him the pilot video, not the mellow one on the site now, and I believe it literally scared him off. The original video is hot. Due to our local upcoming elections, we decided to wait until they are over before I post it.

Regarding being blacked out in the media, I think the campaign is complicit by not putting Ron in serious situations where our ideas can be put to the test for all to see. Thank you for taking the bull by the horns and doing something about it!

Regarding getting a high profile neo-con challenger, I'm reminded of Austrian School Economist Bob Murphy's now 2-year standing debate challenge to Paul Krugman. We have close to $100,000 pledged that will be donated to a New York City food bank for the hungry if Krugman will accept. We're still waiting 2 years or more by now.

jdcole
04-17-2012, 11:14 AM
*Marine.

Marine is always capitalized.

tony m
04-17-2012, 07:25 PM
*Marine.

Marine is always capitalized.

I looked this up and you are correct. Thank you for the heads up. It is a proper noun.

tony m
04-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Kokesh in Depew Today - 11:30am to 2:00pm