PDA

View Full Version : Michigan unleashes armed raids on small pig farmers, forces farmer to shoot all his pigs

Anti Federalist
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Michigan unleashes armed raids on small pig farmers, forces farmer to shoot all his pigs

http://www.infowars.com/michigan-government-unleashes-armed-raids-on-small-pig-farmers-forces-farmer-to-shoot-all-his-pigs/

Mike Adams
NaturalNews
April 16, 2012

NaturalNews can now confirm that the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has, in total violation of the Fourth Amendment, conducted two armed raids on pig farmers in that state, one in Kalkaska County at Fife Lake and another in Cheboygan County. Staging raids involving six vehicles and ten armed men, DNA conducted unconstitutional, illegal and arguably criminal armed raids on these two farms with the intent of shooting all the farmers’ pigs under a bizarre new “Invasive Species Order” (ISO) that has suddenly declared traditional livestock to be an invasive species.

“I think this is an unconstitutional order, these actions of the DNR are way out of bounds,” attorney Joseph O’Leary told NaturalNews in an interview today. He is representing one of the farmers who was targeted in these raids. “To take what was six months ago an entirely legal activity, and suddenly people are felons over it. They’re not growing drugs, running guns or killing anybody, they’re raising animals pursuant to USDA regulations and state of Michigan regulations. They haven’t done anything wrong here, and the DNR is treating them like they are hardened criminals.”

In anticipation of the DNR arriving on the scene, one farmer engaged in what can only be described as a heart-wrenching task of shooting his own pigs, one by one, including baby piglets before the DNR arrived. This was to avoid being arrested as a felon. His livelihood is now completely destroyed, as the state of Michigan has put him out of business. Even after this farmer informed the DNR that he had destroyed his entire herd of pigs, the DNR continued to illegally acquire a search warrant by providing false information to a court Judge, then conducting an armed raid on his ranch to verify that the entire herd of pigs had indeed already been shot to death. That this took place satisfied the DNR, which is now showing itself to be engaged in the mob-style destruction of targeted farming businesses through its mass-murder agenda of Michigan’s small-scale farm pigs.

“It was very traumatic for him. These guys are farmers, and I know how much he cared for the animals there, and the DNR treats these like they’re some kind of a plant that needs to be exterminated rather than animals that people care about,” said O’Leary.

One of the raids targeted Ron McKendrick of Renegade Ranch in Cheboygan County. His ranch was raided on Saturday morning, and DNR agents reportedly conducted an interrogation of his customers and his 75-year-old senior citizen employee.

Anti Federalist
04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes, this started being enforced 1 April, because there are those that will dismiss anything on Infowars out of hand.

Michigan set to begin enforcing exotic swine ban

Published: Friday, March 30, 2012, 9:46 PM

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/03/michigan_set_to_begin_enforcin.html

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) — Michigan officials will begin enforcing a ban Sunday on exotic swine believed to have escaped from game preserves and wreaked havoc on farm fields and woodlands.

The Department of Natural Resources last October declared the swine an invasive species and ordered owners to get rid of them. The policy applies to Eurasian, Russian and razorback boars and similar breeds including hybrids, although opponents of the ban contend it's unclear which varieties are covered.

Regulators estimate that 3,000 to 5,000 feral hogs roam the state and root in the soil for food, damaging crops and natural areas. Aggressive and opportunistic, they gobble crops such as corn and hay and even attack livestock. They're also accused of spreading diseases, destroying forest plants and outcompeting native wildlife for acorns and berries.

"Our primary goal is to get a handle on these animals before they become so widespread in the state that they do significant damage," DNR spokesman Ed Golder said. "As we've seen in the Great Lakes, once an invasive species becomes widespread, the results can be devastating."

Among supporters of the ban are the Michigan Environmental Council and a coalition of agriculture groups including the Michigan Pork Producers Association.

The DNR doesn't know how many farms and ranches have exotic swine but inspected about 60 last year, Golder said. Roughly half are believed to have removed the animals, he said.

Some game ranch owners contend the DNR exaggerates the number of feral swine on the loose. Five lawsuits challenging the order have been filed. One advanced as far as the Michigan Court of Appeals, which sided with the DNR.

Among the opponents are producers of unusual "heritage" swine breeds that are gaining popularity in high-end restaurants and specialty shops. They contend the ban was engineered by large agribusiness interests to eliminate smaller competitors, although the pork producers and their allies said they simply wanted to protect their livelihoods.

"As of Sunday ... other farmers across the state and I will be considered felons simply because we raise a certain breed of pigs behind fences on our farms," said Mark Baker of Missaukee County in the northern Lower Peninsula, who testified before the state Senate Agriculture Committee this week.

Baker raises hybrids of Mangalista boars, a heritage breed with a curly coat resembling sheep's fleece, and Russian sows.

In a letter this month, DNR Director Rodney Stokes told the American Mangalista Breeders Association the order would not pertain to pure Mangalistas because they don't have the physical characteristics of swine banned under the order. But the letter said the ban would cover hybrids or genetic variants of prohibited swine — presumably including Baker's animals. He is among opponents suing the department.

Golder said the DNR's law enforcement division will decide how to enforce the order. It won't conduct mass raids of farms suspected of refusing to comply, he said.

"Our hope is to do voluntary inspections and work with property owners that might have prohibited swine so they can depopulate them in compliance with the law," Golder said. "Where we can't do that, we'll handle them on a case-by-case basis."

phill4paul
04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Golder said the DNR's law enforcement division will decide how to enforce the order. It won't conduct mass raids of farms suspected of refusing to comply, he said.

These farmers need to get together and network. The next time an agency descends they need to rally and forbid entrance. What have they got to lose? They will only lose their farm because of it anyway. Gawd Damnit when are people gonna say enough is ENOUGH?

Pericles
04-16-2012, 02:30 PM
shooting his own pigs

Improper target selection

phill4paul
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Improper target selection

I sooo bit my tongue when I read that. :p

donnay
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Those who think they are not coming for our food supply better rethink it. They do not want any one self sufficient and self reliant.

"Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world."
~Henry Kissinger

My line in the sand is approaching! I do not even eat swine!!

ninepointfive
04-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Damnit when are people gonna say enough is ENOUGH?

Exactly! I posted this on my facebook to a tepid response. This slaughter is one of the most egregious actions to date. and we can see it will only get worse from here. WHERE IS THE SHERIFF? guess he doesn't know any better as the article points out.

phill4paul
04-16-2012, 04:30 PM
My line in the sand is approaching!

The line was <<<<<< awhile ago.

Exactly! I posted this on my facebook to a tepid response. This slaughter is one of the most egregious actions to date. and we can see it will only get worse from here. WHERE IS THE SHERIFF? guess he doesn't know any better as the article points out.

A tepid response is all you'll get. People just don't give a damn until it is their front door that is kicked in. There is no concept of neighbors. No concept of community. And the Sheriff? I dunno but I know where he wouldn't be come next election.

TheTexan
04-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Wanna take bets on whether or not these farmers will be voting for a Liberty candidate next election?

Hint: they're not

phill4paul
04-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Wanna take bets on whether or not these farmers will be voting for a Liberty candidate next election?

Hint: they're not

Most of the time I am outraged over these kinds of stories I always have this in the back of my mind. It tempers the mood. Somewhat.

Barrex
04-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Lol... It is funny because it is happening to you (sorry)... I would be outraged too if it was happening in my country (more than outraged...people here eat pork more than beef and anyone trying to limit production of it would be risking armed revolt)

tod evans
04-16-2012, 05:27 PM
The DNR attacking Ma & Pa farms.........Wonder which statute has been re-written or misinterpreted to bring pigs/pork under the federal umbrella?

Before ya' know it these guys will have APC's too................It's for the kids...........Really:rolleyes:

[edit] DNRP Dept. Natural Resources and Pork

angelatc
04-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Yes, this started being enforced 1 April, because there are those that will dismiss anything on Infowars out of hand.

Michigan set to begin enforcing exotic swine ban

Published: Friday, March 30, 2012, 9:46 PM "

I don't dismiss it out of hand - I look past the hyperbole, at their original sources.

angelatc
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
The DNR attacking Ma & Pa farms.........Wonder which statute has been re-written or misinterpreted to bring pigs/pork under the federal umbrella?

Before ya' know it these guys will have APC's too................It's for the kids...........Really:rolleyes:

[edit] DNRP Dept. Natural Resources and Pork

The DNR is a Michigan entity, and the law they're enforcing is a state law. A stupid, evil state law that certainly favors the corporate farms over the small family farms, but it isn't a federal action.

The original announcement was posted in our local GOP FB group - and by a TEA Party person, not a Ron Paul supporter at all. There wasn't much support for it there.

tod evans
04-16-2012, 05:40 PM
The DNR is a Michigan entity, and the law they're enforcing is a state law. A stupid, evil state law that certainly favors the corporate farms over the small family farms, but it isn't a federal action.

The original announcement was posted in our local GOP FB group - and by a TEA Party person, not a Ron Paul supporter at all. There wasn't much support for it there.

So this isn't the fed overstepping their bounds?

angelatc
04-16-2012, 05:46 PM
So this isn't the fed overstepping their bounds?

No. This is technically constitutional, because the constitution gives the states the right to do these things.

You have to understand that I'm defending the principle of the state having the right to do this here, not the law itself. The law itself is horrible.

Anti Federalist
04-16-2012, 05:49 PM

Not much support for the law?

Or not much support for speaking out against the law?

angelatc
04-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Not much support for the law?

Or not much support for speaking out against the law?

No, there was not much support for the law. It helps that our local congressman (state level) is actually a farmer. The mainstream GOP seems to be with us on this. Posting the blog, indicating that they raided farms only a week after saying they weren't going that right now.

I know you guys hate the TEA Party, but locally they are a very liberty friendly bunch. The longer we hang around, the more of them hang with us.

BSU kid
04-16-2012, 05:54 PM
The state of Michigan is disgusting for doing this, way to encroach on individual liberties.

Anti Federalist
04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
No, there was not much support for the law. It helps that our local congressman (state level) is actually a farmer. The mainstream GOP seems to be with us on this. Posting the blog, indicating that they raided farms only a week after saying they weren't going that right now.

I know you guys hate the TEA Party, but locally they are a very liberty friendly bunch. The longer we hang around, the more of them hang with us.

I never hate anybody that gets it "right" on issues like this.

angelatc
04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I never hate anybody that gets it "right" on issues like this.

Yes, but trust me - we the few do quite a bit of tongue biting too. We don't talk about Israel much. :)

Anti Federalist
04-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes, but trust me - we the few do quite a bit of tongue biting too. We don't talk about Israel much. :)

I'm sure you do.

I was invited to one such event last winter.

I could not hold my tongue on the foreign policy issues and blew my top.

I was not invited back.

:-|

That's why I'm no good at such things, and leave the politicking to others.

DamianTV
04-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Can you guys imagine what the world would look like today if we had a Free Liberated Internet in 1776? These asshats that used to be able to hide government atrocities against the people by obscurity would have no place left to hide. Aw, you just violated every person on the face of the planet? And you dont want to be famous? Well, we're gonna MAKE you FAMOUS! No wait! It will be even worse than that, we will make you INFAMOUS!

Each and every atrocity commited by Governments hiding behind the excuse of "Preserving Our Liberty" needs to be out there on the Internet for the rest of the world to know. Oh, and you can still pretty well remain anonymous while putting that stuff up on the web.

As far as this specific event, I'll bet money that some corrupt politician did this in order to "eliminate his competition".

kcchiefs6465
04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Can you guys imagine what the world would look like today if we had a Free Liberated Internet in 1776? These asshats that used to be able to hide government atrocities against the people by obscurity would have no place left to hide. Aw, you just violated every person on the face of the planet? And you dont want to be famous? Well, we're gonna MAKE you FAMOUS! No wait! It will be even worse than that, we will make you INFAMOUS!

Each and every atrocity commited by Governments hiding behind the excuse of "Preserving Our Liberty" needs to be out there on the Internet for the rest of the world to know. Oh, and you can still pretty well remain anonymous while putting that stuff up on the web.
As far as this specific event, I'll bet money that some corrupt politician did this in order to "eliminate his competition".
Exactly. Having gone through public schooling I can say you will only "learn" (memorize) what is deemed history. The internet is our last chance. Once IT is censored we have no chance in hell fighting this tyrannical plutocracy.

The Goat
04-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Don't be so pessimistic, when tyranny is on the march liberty is soon to follow. I just wish people would pay attention so it wasn't so hard to fight. We don't need the internet we need word of mouth, that is still the hang up on our movment. Not enough people are willing to speak up and definitely not enough willing to listening YET.

Exactly. Having gone through public schooling I can say you will only "learn" (memorize) what is deemed history. The internet is our last chance. Once IT is censored we have no chance in hell fighting this tyrannical plutocracy.

DamianTV
04-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Kind of off topic, but its like doing Tech Support over the Phone. People over the phone are abusive beyond belief, but when they have to confront you face to face, they suddenly change their tone. The same philosophy applies to those who speak out against True Tyranny. Sure, they'll blog all day long about how abusive, corrupt, and flat out wrong the system is, until they have a pissed off Cop putting them in the Hurt Locker for some Non Crime. If we are ever to rid ourselves of Tyranny, we cant be afraid to stand our ground, but we need to know WHO and WHEN to stand up to the Corruption. Fighting back against a Cop is useless. You are One Man against a Corrupt System. And they have more guns. In order for us to end the Self Serving Interests of the Political Regime, we need to stand up as a Whole. Then we can use our Courage to Inspire others. People are afraid, and pissed off, but feel quite alone. When the people realize that we completely outnumber the corrupt Banksters and Criminal Corporations by a massive margin, then they will feel the Power of Freedom, and those that try to take that power from us will be the ones that are afraid, as well as they should be.

John F Kennedy III
04-16-2012, 09:28 PM
*tears up* This is what the Founding Fathers always wanted.

John F Kennedy III
04-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Michigan is just a beta test before it is rolled out across the country.

JSaindon
04-16-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm all for removing an invasive species. The Invasive Species Order applies to wild boar, wild hog, wild swine, feral pig, feral hog, feral swine, Old world swine, razorback, eurasian wild boar, Russian wild boar (Sus scrofa Linnaeus). The order does not apply to domestic swine, Sus domestica, in domestic hog production.

The Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 PA 451, as amended, and
Executive Orders 2009-45, 2009-54, 201 1-1, and 201 1-2 authorize the Department to issue
orders to add or delete invasive species from the list of prohibited species or restricted species
in this state.

Kind of leaves it open ended, but I don't think this is terribly bad since feral swine take over lands when allowed to breed uncontrolled. Like any other animal population, control is necessary. Did these farmers purchase the feral swine or trap them to breed and slaughter? Either way, I don't think this is an issue to get up in arms about since wild board and other swine can really impact the farmlands and eventually rural populations. In many states it is a problem. Creating an open season on feral swine should be all that is needed, not sure why the farmers got targeted. At least they could have mitigated some of the hit by compensating for the losses of their stock.

ninepointfive
04-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm all for removing an invasive species. The Invasive Species Order applies to wild boar, wild hog, wild swine, feral pig, feral hog, feral swine, Old world swine, razorback, eurasian wild boar, Russian wild boar (Sus scrofa Linnaeus). The order does not apply to domestic swine, Sus domestica, in domestic hog production.

Kind of leaves it open ended, but I don't think this is terribly bad since feral swine take over lands when allowed to breed uncontrolled. Like any other animal population, control is necessary. Did these farmers purchase the feral swine or trap them to breed and slaughter? Either way, I don't think this is an issue to get up in arms about since wild board and other swine can really impact the farmlands and eventually rural populations. In many states it is a problem. Creating an open season on feral swine should be all that is needed, not sure why the farmers got targeted. At least they could have mitigated some of the hit by compensating for the losses of their stock.

hmmm.. you probably won't be here for long.

DamianTV
04-16-2012, 11:37 PM

Nature will sort itself out with or without human involvement. If you look at this from Nature's point of view, Humans are the Invasive Species.

donnay
04-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Michigan is just a beta test before it is rolled out across the country.

They did this in California too! Rawesome Foods! The owner James Stewart was arrested, tortured and possibly looking at a life sentence! I do not give a damn whether this is a state issue, it is unconstitutional and everyone knows it!!!

Breaking news: Multi-agency armed raid hits Rawesome Foods, Healthy Family Farms for selling raw milk and cheese (http://www.naturalnews.com/033220_Rawesome_Foods_armed_raids.html)

Rawesome Raid: Federal Agents Arrest Owner, Dump Food (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/rawsome-raid-_n_917540.html)

Cops Raid Rawesome Foods; Owner James Stewart Arrested (http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2011/08/cops_raid_rawesome_foods_owner_james_stewart_arres ted.php)

pcosmar
04-17-2012, 07:13 AM
They did this in California too! Rawesome Foods! The owner James Stewart was arrested, tortured and possibly looking at a life sentence! I do not give a damn whether this is a state issue, it is unconstitutional and everyone knows it!!!

Michigan Rivals California sometimes.

:(
I still think Detroit is the "Canary in the coal mine" though.

tod evans
04-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Are these pigs "wild" like deer? I couldn't tell in the articles.

The one article makes it sound like the farmer killed his own pigs....

Even cattle that are permitted to run loose (on other peoples land) are subject to being slaughtered.

If a farmer wants to "raise" any type of food, I'm cool with that......If he can't keep his livestock off my property then I hope he's cool with me eating it.

Augie Bush used to keep deer and assorted critters on his land in St.Louis, they were slaughtered, cooked and served in his restaurants. No problem from the locals other than PETA.. This was in an "urban" setting.

Just wondering if the "farmers" are staking claim to wild game.......

musicmax
04-17-2012, 07:47 AM

Did you intentionally not read the "fenced in" part or are you just a govco shill?

musicmax
04-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Even cattle that are permitted to run loose (on other peoples land) are subject to being slaughtered.

Which is why the farmer quoted in the second (non-Alex Jones) article states that he FENCES IN his pigs. Rudimentary reading skills are helpful.

donnay
04-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Update:

NaturalNews exclusive: Michigan government unleashes armed raids on small pig farmers, forces farmer to shoot all his own pigs

Monday, April 16, 2012
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger

(NaturalNews) NaturalNews can now confirm that the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has, in total violation of the Fourth Amendment, conducted two armed raids on pig farmers in that state, one in Kalkaska County at Fife Lake and another in Cheboygan County. Staging raids involving six vehicles and ten armed men, DNA conducted unconstitutional, illegal and arguably criminal armed raids on these two farms with the intent of shooting all the farmers' pigs under a bizarre new "Invasive Species Order" (ISO) that has suddenly declared traditional livestock to be an invasive species.

See our previous report on this subject at:
http://www.naturalnews.com/035372_Michigan_pigs_farm_freedom.html

And hear my interview with Mark Baker, who runs one of the farms to be targeted by the Michigan government, at:
http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=67C793DC0503D209399C21450485DA07

The ISO also deems farmers who raise these pigs to be felons, and DNR officials were ready to make arrests on the scene and haul away these farmers to be prosecuted as hardened criminals.

Farmer forced to shoot his own baby piglets in cold blood
"I think this is an unconstitutional order, these actions of the DNR are way out of bounds," attorney Joseph O'Leary told NaturalNews in an interview today. He is representing one of the farmers who was targeted in these raids. "To take what was six months ago an entirely legal activity, and suddenly people are felons over it. They're not growing drugs, running guns or killing anybody, they're raising animals pursuant to USDA regulations and state of Michigan regulations. They haven't done anything wrong here, and the DNR is treating them like they are hardened criminals."

In anticipation of the DNR arriving on the scene, one farmer engaged in what can only be described as a heart-wrenching task of shooting his own pigs, one by one, including baby piglets before the DNR arrived. This was to avoid being arrested as a felon. His livelihood is now completely destroyed, as the state of Michigan has put him out of business. Even after this farmer informed the DNR that he had destroyed his entire herd of pigs, the DNR continued to illegally acquire a search warrant by providing false information to a court Judge, then conducting an armed raid on his ranch to verify that the entire herd of pigs had indeed already been shot to death. That this took place satisfied the DNR, which is now showing itself to be engaged in the mob-style destruction of targeted farming businesses through its mass-murder agenda of Michigan's small-scale farm pigs.

"It was very traumatic for him. These guys are farmers, and I know how much he cared for the animals there, and the DNR treats these like they're some kind of a plant that needs to be exterminated rather than animals that people care about," said O'Leary.

Here is what one of the raided farmers had to say about his experience of being forced to destroy his pigs:

"I was served a search warrant yesterday at 7: 45am. I have killed all my hogs. [DNR] gave me papers that say I do not have any hogs on my property. All they saw were dead hogs laying around from my mass slaughtering. It took 12 guys 4 times in there to kill all of them, sows with young, Pregnant sows, dozens of piglets, and old mature boars. It has been a sad few weeks. Does anyone know what it feels like to open fire on 20 baby piglets in one group which weigh between 5 lbs and 15 lbs. They are so adorable and cute. They commented to everyone that they never saw a fence built so tough and no way would a hog get out of this area." (www.BakersGreenAcres.com)

One of the raids targeted Ron McKendrick of Renegade Ranch in Cheboygan County. His ranch was raided on Saturday morning, and DNR agents reportedly conducted an interrogation of his customers and his 75-year-old senior citizen employee. In order to gain access to his property, DNR bureaucrats acquired a temporary restraining order which was used to bully their way onto the property (a violation of the Fourth Amendment).

Another raid was conducted against the farm of Dave Tuxberry. He's the man who was forced to shoot all his own pigs before DNR agents arrived, in order to avoid being arrested as a felon.

See the recent interview with Mark Baker on the Alex Jones Show
This embedded video gives you additional details relevant to this case:

Call for arrest of Michigan's DNR agents
Based on the actions of the DNR, it is my belief that the DNR is a rogue, criminal gang of government thugs who are murdering livestock, destroying the lives of farmers, violating the constitutional rights of Michigan citizens and engaging in outrageous acts of destruction of private property.

I believe it is the duty of law-abiding Michigan citizens to call for the immediate arrest of DNR officials who must be brought to justice for their crimes against Michigan farmers. Every agent of the DNR that participated in these raids must be brought to justice to answer for their crimes. If the use of force is necessary to make a lawful and legal arrest of these criminal Michigan government agents, then such use of force is fully authorized under the United States Constitution as well as the Constitution of the State of Michigan. It is under these laws, in fact, that police officers are given firearms to use in the protection of the People. In Texas, the state Constitution even says that farmers have the right to use lethal force to prevent someone from committing a felony crime against their property. This includes shooting horse thieves, for example, and being in the right to do so.

No government has any right to terrorize its citizens in the way that has been witnessed here with the DNR of Michigan. These people are utterly out of control, waging a private armed war against selective targets, using taxpayer money to destroy the lives of productive Michigan citizens. These DNS agents are dangerous and clearly psychologically imbalanced. They desperately need to be reminded of the tenants of lawful government and the rights of citizens. They need to be immediately arrested and given the privilege of a trial by jury to answer for their crimes against farmers.

While I do not espouse the use of violence to resolve issues with government, when innocent farmers are faced with being raided by criminal gangs of rogue government operatives who are forcing them to destroy their entire livestock herds, there is little choice but to halt the actions of these criminals through lawful arrest and bring them to justice in the court system where they must face charges of conspiracy, destruction of private property, the violation of the civil rights of private citizens, illegal trespassing and much more. This is the whole point of the Second Amendment, by the way: To give the People some balance of power so that they might protect themselves against the overzealous, tyrannical agendas of out-of-control governments which inevitably try to rule over the People as violent dictators.

Take action: Join the hearing this Friday
A court hearing is scheduled this Friday at 9:00 am at the courthouse in Cheboygan County. I have been told that a very important legal strategy to halt this DNR madness will be unveiled in the courtroom that morning. Ron McKendrick, whose ranch was raided by DNR over the weekend, will be appearing in this hearing.

I am calling upon all patriots, farmers and food rights activists in Michigan to be there on Friday morning and join in this show of support for farming freedom and fundamental human rights. Do we not have the right to raise livestock without the state raiding our property and murdering our animals? And why is this not being covered in the national media?

Also: This battle continues to be waged by Mark Baker at www.BakersGreenAcres.com who desperately needs additional legal funds to continue his fight against the out-of-control government tyrants in Michigan who are trying to destroy farms. Please check his website for updates and make a small donation (even $5 or $10 helps) using the "Donate" button on his website.

NaturalNews will continue developing this story and we anticipate bringing you more details after the Friday hearing. In the mean time, I will continue to call for the immediate arrest of DNR officials who are now, by any standard, runaway criminal thugs who are operating under the false cover of government. If anyone has a list of the names of these people, please contact NaturalNews with that list so that we can publish them under a "WANTED FOR CRIMES AGAINST THE PEOPLE" heading as we continue to call for their arrest.

Watch NaturalNews for more breaking news on this front. In the mean time, as a message to Michigan farmers: Yes, they really ARE coming for you. You need to get together and deputize a 20-man posse to catch these thugs and arrest them at gunpoint, then haul them into the local Sheriff's office to be booked and prosecuted.

Take Action
Today, I am urging you to join hundreds of thousands of NaturalNews readers, DrudgeReport readers and InfoWars listeners across the country in taking action to loudly and aggressively denounce the Michigan state government's actions in terrorizing farmers and forcing a slaughter of their traditional animal herds.

Here's how you can help:

#1) CALL the office of Governor Rick Snyder
PHONE: (517) 373-3400
PHONE: (517) 335-7858 (Michigan constituents)
FAX:(517) 335-6863

When you call, DEMAND the investigation and arrest of the DNR workers who conspired to conduct these illegal and illegitimate armed raids on Michigan farmers.

#2) CALL the Michigan DNR offices and loudly complain about their total tyranny against Michigan farmers and ranchers:

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10366-121644--,00.html

Director, Rodney A. Stokes
Phone: 517-373-2329
e-mail: DNR-Director@michigan.gov

Acting Natural Resources Deputy, Kelley Smith

Chief Administrative Officer, Mark Hoffman

Legislative Liaison, Gary Owen
Phone: 517-373-0023

Public Information Officer, Ed Golder
Phone: 517-335-3014

Upper Peninsula regional Coordinator, Stacy Welling
Phone: 906-228-6561

Policy Coordinator, Donna Stine
Phone: 517-241-3774

Senior Executive, Patricia Stewart
Phone: 517-335-1833

#3) CALL the law enforcement division of the Michigan DNR to condemn them for using gun-toting officers to enforce the mass slaughter of privately-owned livestock:

Law Enforcement Division
Gary Hagler, Chief
Phone: 517-373-1230
Located: 530 W. Allegan St.
Mason Building, Fourth Floor

#4) CALL the Michigan office of Attorney General and demand an investigation into the illegitimate and unlawful activities of the DNR operating in that state.

G. Mennen Williams Building, 7th Floor
525 W. Ottawa St.
P.O. Box 30212
Lansing, MI 48909
Main Number (517) 373-1110
Facsimile (517) 373-3042

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-21153-51368--,00.html

#5) SHARE this story on Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere. LINK to this page and spread the word.

Special thanks to Alex Jones and Matt Drudge for covering this breaking story. More details to come here on NaturalNews.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035585_Michigan_farms_raids.html#ixzz1sJ2MqOxk

WilliamC
04-17-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't get it.

Shouldn't Michigan just let people hunt the wild boars to extinction and leave the farmers alone?

Put a price on their heads (the wild boars) and people will kill 'em, simple as that, humans are great at overhunting if given half a chance.

Am I missing something?

/sarc

tod evans
04-17-2012, 08:31 AM
At risk of being chastised for poor comprehension here.....

What the fuss is about is the state telling "Joe Farmer" that he can't raise game on his own property..?

The state passed a law making it a felony to raise certain breeds of pigs on private property.

So these folks would be in compliance with state law if they unfenced their property and declared their pigs feral?

I think folks ought to be free to raise elephants or Bengal Tigers and slaughter them for food if they want....But no one asked me.

Without all the emotion, these folks are challenging a newly passed state law that forbids raising game animals domestically.........Right?

Or is the challenge addressing armed state officials entering private property in an attempt to enforce these laws?

XTreat
04-17-2012, 08:38 AM
\\

oyarde
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM

Kind of leaves it open ended, but I don't think this is terribly bad since feral swine take over lands when allowed to breed uncontrolled. Like any other animal population, control is necessary. Did these farmers purchase the feral swine or trap them to breed and slaughter? Either way, I don't think this is an issue to get up in arms about since wild board and other swine can really impact the farmlands and eventually rural populations. In many states it is a problem. Creating an open season on feral swine should be all that is needed, not sure why the farmers got targeted. At least they could have mitigated some of the hit by compensating for the losses of their stock. I enjoy eating feral pig , meat , good , DNR , bad. And , yes obviously , year long feral pig season , used by other states , works

PaulineDisciple
04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
First they came for the pigs and I didn’t have any pigs, I did not speak out, then they came for the cows and since I didn’t have any cows, I did not speak out, then they came for the chickens and since I didn’t have any chickens, I did not speak out, then they came for vegetables…

Lucille
04-18-2012, 03:26 PM
The DNR is a Michigan entity, and the law they're enforcing is a state law. A stupid, evil state law that certainly favors the corporate farms over the small family farms, but it isn't a federal action...

Isn't that always the way here in the UFSA?

Of course, Big Government and Big Pig are in cahoots (http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/18/does-anyone-know-what-it-feels-like-to-o), reports Senior Editor Damon Root:

Unsurprisingly, the Michigan Pork Producers Association—an organization whose members do not grow heritage pigs—supports the Department, which has allegedly assured the Association that its members’ operations will be exempt. It must be nice for large-scale producers who command enough political clout to simply outlaw their competition. Meanwhile, Mark Baker and other smaller-scale farmers must wait to see where the bureaucratic winds will blow.

oyarde
04-19-2012, 01:15 AM
//

Anti Federalist
04-19-2012, 12:57 PM
"Does Anyone Know What It Feels Like to Open Fire on 20 Baby Piglets?"

Katherine Mangu-Ward | April 18, 2012

Michigan's Department of Natural Resources continues it anti-wild hog crusade. Our story so far:

http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/18/does-anyone-know-what-it-feels-like-to-o

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is trying to get rid of feral pigs by going after people who keep boars that might be able to survive in the wild. An order has been issued which mandates the killing of all such swine by April 1, at which point the DNR "hope[s] to be invited onto farms voluntarily. We will be doing inspections" to make sure the forbidden breeds—classified as invasive species—are no longer around.

Of course, Big Government and Big Pig are in cahoots, reports Senior Editor Damon Root:

Unsurprisingly, the Michigan Pork Producers Association—an organization whose members do not grow heritage pigs—supports the Department, which has allegedly assured the Association that its members’ operations will be exempt. It must be nice for large-scale producers who command enough political clout to simply outlaw their competition. Meanwhile, Mark Baker and other smaller-scale farmers must wait to see where the bureaucratic winds will blow.

Now those "inspections" for smaller-scale producers have come to pass. One farmer wrote in to the blog of Baker's Green Acres, which has become a respoitory for horror stories about the Michigan pig purge:

Subject: search warrant

I was served a search warrant yesterday at 7: 45am.

After 8 guys 3 four wheelers, and 4 hours, DNR decided I was correct. I have killed all my hogs. They gave me papers that say I do not have any hogs on my property. All they saw were dead hogs laying around from my mass slaughtering. It took 12 guys 4 times in there to kill all of them, sows with young, Pregnant sows, dozens of piglets, and old mature boars. It has been a sad few weeks.

Does anyone know what it feels like to open fire on 20 baby piglets in one group which weigh between 5lbs and 15 lbs. They are so adorable and cute.

They commented to everyone that they never saw a fence built so tough and no way would a hog get out of this area. I trenched 2′ then installed chain link fencing, then a 10′ high tightlock fence on top of that. ( 200 acre area ) They never saw a fence like that.

Dave Tuxbury

deer tracks ranch

Stay tuned for more.

seraphson
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Well. Some people "wake up" the easy way; other people, not so much.

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:34 PM
AF, ANY Boar , even a pet pot bellied pig can survive in the wild ...... So Michigan has declared war on pork , people who have pork huh .. ?Since they are driving the price up with the pig genocide .... kind of reminds me of the ingnorant ass Egyptians killing all swine when the swine flu outbreak happened depriving the sane from the best food ..

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Hard to imagine this , even in Illinois , outside of Chicago , Springfield ....East St Louis

oyarde
04-19-2012, 11:43 PM
"Does Anyone Know What It Feels Like to Open Fire on 20 Baby Piglets?"

Katherine Mangu-Ward | April 18, 2012

Michigan's Department of Natural Resources continues it anti-wild hog crusade. Our story so far:

http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/18/does-anyone-know-what-it-feels-like-to-o

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is trying to get rid of feral pigs by going after people who keep boars that might be able to survive in the wild. An order has been issued which mandates the killing of all such swine by April 1, at which point the DNR "hope[s] to be invited onto farms voluntarily. We will be doing inspections" to make sure the forbidden breeds—classified as invasive species—are no longer around.

Of course, Big Government and Big Pig are in cahoots, reports Senior Editor Damon Root:

Now those "inspections" for smaller-scale producers have come to pass. One farmer wrote in to the blog of Baker's Green Acres, which has become a respoitory for horror stories about the Michigan pig purge:

Subject: search warrant

I was served a search warrant yesterday at 7: 45am.

After 8 guys 3 four wheelers, and 4 hours, DNR decided I was correct. I have killed all my hogs. They gave me papers that say I do not have any hogs on my property. All they saw were dead hogs laying around from my mass slaughtering. It took 12 guys 4 times in there to kill all of them, sows with young, Pregnant sows, dozens of piglets, and old mature boars. It has been a sad few weeks.

Does anyone know what it feels like to open fire on 20 baby piglets in one group which weigh between 5lbs and 15 lbs. They are so adorable and cute.

They commented to everyone that they never saw a fence built so tough and no way would a hog get out of this area. I trenched 2′ then installed chain link fencing, then a 10′ high tightlock fence on top of that. ( 200 acre area ) They never saw a fence like that.

Dave Tuxbury

deer tracks ranch

Stay tuned for more. " People who keep Boars that might be able to survive in the wild" , means , they have declared merciless war on you and your property , if the showed up at my place , to kill property that was not diseaesed , I guess , I would be forced to ...

Anti Federalist
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Ban on exotic swine causes backlash in Michigan

http://www.newswest9.com/story/17794813/ban-on-exotic-swine-causes-backlash-in-michigan

McBAIN, Mich. (AP) - Mark Baker was accustomed to taking orders in the Air Force. Now he's defying the government, taking a stand for what he considers a fundamental right: raising exotic hogs.

Baker is among Michigan farmers and ranchers battling the state's attempt to stamp out an industry that has been capitalizing on the increasing popularity of certain fierce, sharp-tusked boars among adventure hunters and gourmands at tony restaurants. Known by various labels - feral hogs, razorbacks, Eurasian and Russian wild boar - they're believed to be escaping from hunting preserves and becoming a menace in the wild.

The conflict over the beasts has created odd alliances among foodies, environmentalists, agribusiness, hunters, and regulators in a state that normally tries to nurture businesses but in this case wants to exterminate one.

More than 5 million feral swine are prowling fields and woods in nearly every state, competing with native wildlife for food, gobbling farm crops and spreading disease, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Clever, aggressive and prolific - sows can produce two litters of up to six pigs a year - they are notorious for eating virtually anything and for damaging fields and wetlands with their rooting and wallowing.

Southern states such as Texas have all but abandoned hope of eradicating the animals. Michigan is among those farther north struggling to wipe them out while there's still time. The state Department of Natural Resources has declared exotic swine an invasive species, illegal to possess, and has already taken one breeding operation to court for violating the policy.

Michigan's feral hog population has been estimated at 1,000 to 3,000. The department has focused on the 60 game ranches where hunters pay $500 or more to stalk a wild boar - a challenging target that also bears especially tasty meat. Inspections show that most have gotten rid of the swine.

But ranchers and farmers who raise the animals have mounted a counteroffensive, with lawsuits and an online campaign depicting themselves as victims of heavy-handed government and big business.

"I've told them publicly I will disobey this order because it's illegal and unconstitutional," said Baker, 51, who began raising hogs and chickens after leaving the military in 2004. He and his wife home-school their eight children on an 80-acre farm in Missaukee County, a gently rolling landscape dotted with barns and silos.

Baker, one of four producers suing to overturn the policy, says its description of forbidden swine could apply to virtually any pig. Wild boar hybrids, it says, could have straight or curly tails and erect or floppy ears. Such vagueness will give inspectors too much power and suggests the underlying motive is to eliminate a growing competitor to mass-produced pork, he said.

"The DNR is doing the dirty work for industrial agriculture, trying to destroy family farms," Baker said, flinging chunks of bread to several dozen hogs inside a woven wire pen. They squealed and grunted like any others but looked markedly different. Among them were a purebred mangalitsa boar, a Hungarian breed with a curly, rust-colored coat resembling sheep's wool, and several black Russian females with which he mates.

Mangalitsa pork is an increasingly popular delicacy in gourmet restaurants that feature niche "heritage" meats. The hogs have darker, more flavorful meat than those raised in tight confinement, said Eric Patterson, owner of The Cooks' House restaurant in Traverse City.

"It's fantastic pork," said Patterson, who has served ham, fatback and pork belly from Baker's farm.

DNR spokesman Ed Golder said the zero-tolerance policy is designed to protect farms of all sizes from livestock diseases such as pseudorabies and brucellosis, which wild hogs are known to carry.

Wisconsin and Oregon have similar policies, and Michigan officials say they've gotten inquiries from Pennsylvania, Kansas and Tennessee.

Michigan's leading environmental and farm organizations support the crackdown.

"We do not want Russian boar in our woods," said Dennis Fijalkowski, executive director of the Michigan Wildlife Conservancy.

The lure of wild hogs for sportsmen is understandable. "They're very crafty, hard to find," said Fijalkowski, who hunted them in Germany decades ago. "This is an intelligent animal with an incredible sense of smell. And of course there's an element of danger." A German hunter bled to death several years ago when a boar's tusk sliced open his femoral artery, Fijalkowski said.

A state trooper shot a feral hog that chased a young girl in southern Michigan several years ago, he said, and the animals "demolished" a wheat crop last fall in Saginaw County.

Dave Tuxbury, operator of 1,600-acre Deer Tracks Ranch in Kalkaska County, insisted no hogs have gotten past his fencing, which extends 10 feet aboveground and 2 feet below. But when the DNR began enforcing the order April 1, Tuxbury hired gunmen for a "mass slaughter" of about 80 swine, including pregnant sows and piglets.

"I absolutely couldn't do it myself. It was too heartbreaking," he said.

presence
04-27-2012, 05:44 PM
I take a different stance than most on this board with regard to this issue. Wild hogs are a pest. I have a neighbor that has dealt with upwards of 100k in crop damage because of wild hogs escaped from another neighbors farm. Let me tell you these kinds of issues can flare tempers. It doesn't matter what kind of fence you put around an invasive species... one tree comes down on that fence line, and they're out breeding like rabbits and destroying farms and the local environment. Accidents happen. I do think states have a right to outlaw the presence of invasive species. Consider the environmental damage the python and nile monitor have had in the Everglades; we're talking extinction level events for certain fragile niche species; disruption of food webs. All because of escaped exotic pets; hurricanes happen.

What I don't agree with is the lack of compensation. When the state makes a decision to outlaw what was a commercial hog operation, the proprietor ought to be reimbursed for the value of his herd; it should be treated as an eminent domain issue. I also don't agree with forcing on site slaughter. There is no reason not to send these animals off on trucks to a processing plant for a final round of processing. There should also should have been a transition period with mandatory castration of breeding males, so that the last generation of any young pigs were able to be brought to slaughter age without being needlessly wasted. I also don't agree with the "armed raids" and the mentality that every civil issue needs to have swat team enforcement. These issues can be settled civily with summons, fines, and, if need be, bench warrants.

presence