PDA

View Full Version : Posse Comitatus Act? Yeah, right...

Anti Federalist
04-15-2012, 07:16 PM
It occurred to me how to square that law with the new MiniTru being built in Utah.

NSA is a military agency, with a military officer commanding it.

Read this, if you don't yet know what is going on in Utah.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1

KCIndy
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Wow, all sorts of interesting stuff in that article! I had heard of the new NSA megasite being built, but the Wired article fills in a lot of blanks for me.

A few random thoughts, not in any particular order:

* Seems sort of odd that they chose Bluffdale, Utah. Bluffdale is basically a suburb of Salt Lake City. I would have thought that such a site would have been built way out in the middle of nowhere, like Groom Lake. But I suppose when you have the power to shoot trespassers on site with no questions asked, being remote doesn't matter so much.

* From the article: "According to another top official also involved with the program, the NSA made an enormous breakthrough several years ago in its ability to cryptanalyze, or break, unfathomably complex encryption systems employed by not only governments around the world but also many average computer users in the US. The upshot, according to this official: “Everybody’s a target; everybody with communication is a target.” Hmm... Have they managed to break PGP?

* From the article: "as a 2007 Department of Defense report puts it, the Pentagon is attempting to expand its worldwide communications network, known as the Global Information Grid, to handle yottabytes of data. (A yottabyte is a septillion bytes—so large that no one has yet coined a term for the next higher magnitude.)" Sounds a lot like SkyNet from the Terminator series!! :eek:

* Most important quote of the article: Binney (the man who developed much of the early software for the NSA, then left when he realized how badly the Constitution was being trampled) held his thumb and forefinger close together. “We are, like, that far from a turnkey totalitarian state,” he says.

I know this is a long article, but anyone who has even the slightest regard for liberty needs to read this. Again, let me stress this: YOU NEED TO READ THIS ARTICLE. PLEASE!

I can't think of any better eye opener for all the sheep among us. Read this. Read this and realize how very, very close we are....

oyarde
04-15-2012, 11:50 PM
////

heavenlyboy34
04-16-2012, 12:05 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:​:eek::eek:

oyarde
04-16-2012, 12:27 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:​:eek::eek: Yep

phill4paul
04-16-2012, 05:23 AM
Psssst...hey I have some documents I'd like you to look at concerning the NSA. You'll know the drop is safe by the mark....

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmwMXV0zRNhA-iJMy00wCtt8cC85mCu-DDqXYfibml35s-MdUn

Danke
04-16-2012, 08:16 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369747-WIRED-The-NSA-Is-Building-the-Country%92s-Biggest-Spy-Center-(Watch-What-You-Say)&highlight=wired

slamhead
04-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Interesting in this article is the cooling plants and "water" pumping facility. What they are pumping is not water but a synthetic medical blood plasma. They use this blood plasma as it does not cause condensation. Cray developed this technique for their super computers.

Anti Federalist
04-16-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369747-WIRED-The-NSA-Is-Building-the-Country%92s-Biggest-Spy-Center-(Watch-What-You-Say)&highlight=wired

Post number 4 in that thread.

:p

Anti Federalist
04-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Interesting in this article is the cooling plants and "water" pumping facility. What they are pumping is not water but a synthetic medical blood plasma. They use this blood plasma as it does not cause condensation. Cray developed this technique for their super computers.

I'll be damned, no kidding?

Danke
04-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Post number 4 in that thread.

:p

Exactly. ;)

slamhead
04-16-2012, 09:54 AM
I'll be damned, no kidding?

You can probably find some youtubes on this. IIRC it is non-conductive so they submerge the computers in this.

Anti Federalist
04-16-2012, 10:01 AM
You can probably find some youtubes on this. IIRC it is non-conductive so they submerge the computers in this.

Strictly technically speaking, fascinating.

From a "they bathe their control machines in human blood" angle, very creepy.

oyarde
04-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Alright , I am game , where do the vamps get the plasma ?

chudrockz
04-16-2012, 10:22 AM

That one's easy. They get that from all of us "average joes" who have to sell it to buy our ramen noodles (which I'm consuming right now) because we don't get bailouts like the banks and other assorted criminals do.

oyarde
04-16-2012, 10:26 AM
That one's easy. They get that from all of us "average joes" who have to sell it to buy our ramen noodles (which I'm consuming right now) because we don't get bailouts like the banks and other assorted criminals do. That is what I figured , I say contact them directly and see if you can get a higher price , maybe get a pc of meat to go with the ramen...

slamhead
04-16-2012, 10:27 AM

There is a medical company that developed it back in the 90s. I don't remember the name but I had purchased stock in it.

Here is the wiki on synthetic blood plasma. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_substitute)

Liquid submerged supercomputers

http://www.techshout.com/gadgets/2008/27/hardcore-computer-brings-out-reactor-liquid-submerged-pc-out-of-the-closet/

chudrockz
04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
That is what I figured , I say contact them directly and see if you can get a higher price , maybe get a pc of meat to go with the ramen...

Maruchan spicy beef instant lunch w/ steak, mmmm! :)

oyarde
04-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Maruchan spicy beef instant lunch w/ steak, mmmm! :) I was always partial to the beef & shrimp :)

chudrockz
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I was always partial to the beef & shrimp :)

In college it was always plain-jane beef or chicken (the little rectangular plastic pack things). Then for awhile after college it was chili flavored stuff - not bad. Now I've graduated and I have a job, so I moved up in the world to the "instant lunch" versions in the cup where you just add water. Twenty-eight cents each at Walmart. Spicy beef or spicy chicken. Terrible breath + heartburn but really tasty!

Anti Federalist
11-23-2018, 10:22 AM
blimp

Aratus
11-26-2018, 10:04 AM
bump