PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi woman killed in CA may not have been a victim of a hate crime

lester1/2jr
04-15-2012, 04:26 PM
http://republicaninthearts.blogspot.com/2012/04/shaima-alawadi-hate-crime-honor-killing.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

the story is falling apart. Looks like it was inter family stuff, most likely either regarding a daughter who didn't want to marry her cousin or issues between the woman and her husband . If I had to guess I'd say it was the boyfriend of the girl. I have no idea though. Something about this never felt right but then I guess that's what people always say.

Shaima Alawadi is the 32-year-old Iraqi immigrant mother of five who was found beaten to a pulp in her home in El Cajon, along with a note that said ‘Go back to your country, you terrorist.’ She died a few days later, and most everyone immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was a hate crime- that she was targeted because she was a hijab-wearing Muslim. Outraged people even created a Facebook page 'One Million Hijabs For Shaima Alawadi.

Well, it's now looking more like it was an honor killing or just plain murder, with several possible scenarios. Was it the 17-year-old daughter Fatima who was the one who found her bleeding, dying mother and called 911; the daughter who was caught 'possibly' having sex in a car with a 21-year-old male, and was very upset about a pending forced marriage to her cousin? Or was it Shaima's husband, Kassim Alhimidi, who she was apparently planning to divorce and then getting the heck out of dodge by moving to Texas?

oyarde
04-15-2012, 05:49 PM
I never would have thought she was , looked like she was specifically sought ou by someone to me....

lester1/2jr
04-15-2012, 07:06 PM
the note never made sense to me.