PDA

View Full Version : Obama: US, Colombia trade deal a 'win'

Anti Federalist
04-15-2012, 04:15 PM
If both sides of the corpora/fascist state known as the USA being consistently in agreement with each other on this subject, does not give some of you "free traders" pause, then nothing will.

Clina - bush - bama - omney.

It's all the fucking same.

I wonder what industries and jobs were promised to the Colombians?

And everybody wanders around moaning about how they spent $100,000 on college and can't find a job and have to live in mom and dad's basement.

FFS...:mad:

Obama: US, Colombia trade deal a 'win'

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gGNSdbpGBvO_CV8NKeKXnYoP-J6w?docId=bab514abaad84d758d2202b8a7357cbd

By JULIE PACE, Associated Press – 12 minutes ago

CARTAGENA, Colombia (AP) — President Barack Obama is praising the free trade agreement between the United States and Colombia, saying it includes protections for workers and the environment that will serve as a "win" for both countries.

Obama and Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos said at a joint news conference that the trade deal will go into effect May 15.

The U.S. and Colombia agreed to the trade deal last year. But implementation of the pact was contingent on Colombia enacting reforms to protect unions.

Obama says it will support "thousands of U.S. jobs" and give Colombia a market for exports. He says it will be a win for workers and the environment because there are "strong protections." Obama says those are "commitments that we are going to fulfill."

Business leaders support the agreement but labor leaders say Colombia still has a poor record of violence against labor union members. The AFL-CIO says it is deeply disappointed by the administration's move.

azxd
04-15-2012, 06:27 PM
That's not the kind of "free trade" that Ron Paul speaks of.

That's just another part of the plan to destroy this nation.

Obama dumped nitro into the engine of his style of change, and we are still heading off a cliff.

oyarde
04-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Well , I read it several years ago , and quite frankly cannot remember any of it . AFL CIO oppose it ( means nothing to me ) ,but , if it is so great , why has it been laying around for years ? Does it end restrictions on US exports to Columbia ?

FindLiberty
04-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Didn't some member(s) of Obama's advance security team just recently rip off some Columbian "Working Girl(s)" out of their hard earned pay?

Well, so much for living up to (and enforcing) contracts between consenting adults... IMO, this proves Obama's no Long-Legged Mack Daddy!

tod evans
04-16-2012, 07:06 AM
No mention of just how many more tax dollars this is going to cost each American.

I'm sure it was a "Win" for somebody though..

oyarde
04-16-2012, 10:32 AM
No mention of just how many more tax dollars this is going to cost each American.

I'm sure it was a "Win" for somebody though.. Exactly , if someone has some math estimates on this , I would like to see him .