PDA

View Full Version : Gun Rights: Ron Paul, Supporters, and the NRA

insidemanpoker
04-15-2012, 01:39 PM
I would really like to hear Paul's and more importantly, Paul supporters, opinions about the NRA. Obviously we all know RP is a big supporter of the 2nd amendment, but how do people feel about the NRA? Are they really concerned about the 2nd amendment or are they just a big lobbyist group helping corporations in that sector?

Basically, I find myself in arguments with some anti-Paul people and they love to push gun issues and the NRA. I don't really have a hard time defending against gun control advocates, but I really don't enjoy finding myself having to defend the NRA because I personally can't stand them.

Thoughts?

phill4paul
04-15-2012, 02:00 PM
F*ck the NRA.

Rep. Ron Paul - A+ Voting Record
Friday, 30 September 2011 16:23
Rep. Ron Paul of Texas has a perfect voting record on Second Amendment issues. He has sponsored legislation to repeal most gun laws dating back to 1968 -- as well as, introduced legislation to get the U.S. out of the anti-gun United Nations.

Ron Paul has an A+ rating with Gun Owners of America.

http://gunowners.org/ronpaul-gunrecord.htm

The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington. Ron Paul/TX

azxd
04-15-2012, 02:04 PM
NRA life member long before I focused on RP ... They do seem to have lost focus, but they are also the big kid on the block.
GOA and JPFO are other groups that are good to be affiliated with, for the same reason, and ... They don't seem to compromise like the NRA is known to do.

Personally,
Unless you have a strong reason to, just talk about RP, and ignore defending the NRA.

phill4paul
04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
NRA life member long before I focused on RP ... They do seem to have lost focus, but they are also the big kid on the block.
GOA and JPFO are other groups that are good to be affiliated with, for the same reason, and ... They don't seem to compromise like the NRA is known to do.

Personally,
Unless you have a strong reason to, just talk about RP, and ignore defending the NRA.

The NRA is the 'big kid on the block' because they pander. It's basically an endorsement and lobby for a politician without conviction. Left them many years ago. Hadn't heard of the JPFO until you just mentioned them. I'll have to do some research on them.

insidemanpoker
04-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Thanks guys. I am wondering more specifically how you all feel about the NRA. It seems to be they are just as much a standard lobbying group that is out for the benefit of the corporate interests in the gun industry as much as anything else. Am I off base in my distaste for that group?