PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration for the weary! Keep spreading the word!

bgky4paul
11-15-2007, 12:53 AM
I got a haircut today. Okay, I realize that is not normally news. However, today was my first haircut since my Ron Paul epiphany. As always, I had my campaign button on my purse. I noticed my hairdresser eyeing it. I brought the conversation around to politics. She said, "Okay, who is going to be the next president?" I said, "I know who I want. That's Ron Paul." She commented that she noticed my button, then admitted that she did not know who he was. She asked me what he stands for. My first response was, "We wants to bring home the troops." It was the fastest sale I've ever made. From that point on, his positions on taxes, non-interventionist policy, and calling off the war on drugs were just icing on the cake for her. She is an official member of the rEVOLution. I left her a stack of slim-jims and she asked me for more Ron Paul stuff. I have a package ready for her of buttons, a yard sign, a bumper sticker, and a t-shirt. This is a middle-aged, divorced lady who works hard for a living, just a regular American. She doesn't spend tons of time on the Internet. She could be labeled by no one as part of any "fringe" group. She is just a woman who was fed up with the choices handed to her by the MSM and liked what she heard about Dr. Paul. She even made the comment, "I don't understand why anyone else is even running. Why would a person vote for anyone else?" I have no doubt that she will spread the word to the dozens of people that she sees every day.

krott5333
11-15-2007, 12:57 AM
"Why would a person vote for anyone else?"

I ask myself this same question everyday. :rolleyes:

Mark Rushmore
11-15-2007, 12:58 AM
I got a haircut today. Okay, I realize that is not normally news. However, today was my first haircut since my Ron Paul epiphany. As always, I had my campaign button on my purse. I noticed my hairdresser eyeing it. I brought the conversation around to politics. She said, "Okay, who is going to be the next president?" I said, "I know who I want. That's Ron Paul." She commented that she noticed my button, then admitted that she did not know who he was. She asked me what he stands for. My first response was, "We wants to bring home the troops." It was the fastest sale I've ever made. From that point on, his positions on taxes, non-interventionist policy, and calling off the war on drugs were just icing on the cake for her. She is an official member of the rEVOLution. I left her a stack of slim-jims and she asked me for more Ron Paul stuff. I have a package ready for her of buttons, a yard sign, a bumper sticker, and a t-shirt. This is a middle-aged, divorced lady who works hard for a living, just a regular American. She doesn't spend tons of time on the Internet. She could be labeled by no one as part of any "fringe" group. She is just a woman who was fed up with the choices handed to her by the MSM and liked what she heard about Dr. Paul. She even made the comment, "I don't understand why anyone else is even running. Why would a person vote for anyone else?" I have no doubt that she will spread the word to the dozens of people that she sees every day.

Don't forget to drop her off some party affiliation forms and a few cards with the date of the primary ;) . Always nice to be reminded that the message truly sells itself.

jake
11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
awesome, these types of stories really are inspiring - and we need more of them. everyone on this forum should have a RON PAUL story of their own !

twister5400
11-15-2007, 01:39 AM
yeah i was getting my haircut, and the girl asked me what i was doing later that day... i was like, "well i'm going down to the fair to go work at a booth"... she was like, "oh does your parents business have a booth" and i said "no, you're prolly gonna think its lame, but its for a presidential candidate." she stopped and was like, "please tell me it is for ron paul"... i was ecstatic... she was like, "i love him, and tell everyone about him." then i went and got a bumper sticker out of the car for her, and she went out and put it on her car...

barber shops and salons seem to be a safe haven for paul supporters

nayjevin
11-15-2007, 03:13 AM

go to head shops!

user
11-15-2007, 03:28 AM
yeah i was getting my haircut, and the girl asked me what i was doing later that day... i was like, "well i'm going down to the fair to go work at a booth"... she was like, "oh does your parents business have a booth" and i said "no, you're prolly gonna think its lame, but its for a presidential candidate." she stopped and was like, "please tell me it is for ron paul"... i was ecstatic... she was like, "i love him, and tell everyone about him." then i went and got a bumper sticker out of the car for her, and she went out and put it on her car...

That's great. If you're a single heterosexual male, maybe you just met your future wife. ;)

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 03:36 AM
I love these stories, well done!

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 03:40 AM
That's great. If you're a single heterosexual male, maybe you just met your future wife. ;)

Well, she did say she had a purse. So I doubt that. ;)

user
11-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Well, she did say she had a purse. So I doubt that. ;)
Heh, I was replying to twister5400, not the OP

purplechoe
11-15-2007, 04:01 AM
I was supposed to go get a hair cut today but didn't have time... hmmm :)