PDA

View Full Version : Civil Liberties: Ron Paul on the 14th amendment?

saeteurn
04-14-2012, 06:58 PM
So I found out that Dr. Paul wants to get rid of the 14th amendment. Why is that? The only bad thing about that amendment is section 4. Or maybe I misunderstood that whole amendment? (read it in old english. couldn't really make it out. lol) But why would Dr. Paul want to get rid of it?

Natural Citizen
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
I'd be happy to just overturn Santa Clara County vs Pacific Railroad. Bada bing. Done.

Weston White
04-24-2012, 02:37 AM
So I found out that Dr. Paul wants to get rid of the 14th amendment. Why is that? The only bad thing about that amendment is section 4. Or maybe I misunderstood that whole amendment? (read it in old english. couldn't really make it out. lol) But why would Dr. Paul want to get rid of it?

"... But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, ...; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void."

What is so bad about that? As it would seem to pretty much outright nullify our currently outrageous national debt -for just because certain classes of individuals willfully conspire from within the/our government to commit such acts does not make those acts any less criminal nor those involved any less culpable, e.g., Gulf of Tonkin, Waco, Oklahoma City Bombing, 93 WTC Bombing, 9/11, USS Liberty & Cole Bombings, the entire DHS infrastructure-TSA, JTTF, Infragard, etc., etc.

Enforcer
04-24-2012, 04:51 AM

Thew 14th Amendment takes our God given unalienable Rights and reduces them to mere privileges. The 14th Amendment created two classes of citizens: Preamble and 14th Amendment citizens. Then, the legalists tried to apply the 14th Amendment across the board, eliminating all of your Rights in the process.

For example, as a Preamble Citizen, you do not have to volunteer for the income tax; don't need a permit / license to carry your firearm; you can travel on the roads you paid for without the need for a driver's license.

The 14th Amendment did not grant equal rights to the non-whites (only your Creator can do that); the 14th merely nullified the Bill of Rights.

http://www.supremelaw.org/rsrc/twoclass.htm

http://www.civil-liberties.com/pages/art2.html

http://www.vxv.com/video/Qjnx1LZaMmoO/14th-amendment-citizenship-citizen-or-citizen.html

Travlyr
04-24-2012, 05:05 AM
The 14th amendment was not ratified.

mrsat_98
04-24-2012, 06:08 AM
The 14th amendment was specifically for freed slaves. If you read it very closely with the 13th they took the slaves from the southern plantation and placed them on the federal plantation. So how do you like living on the federal plantation i.e. subject to article 1 sec 8 clause 17-18 article 4 section 3 clause 2. It is the biggest misrepresented crock of shit ever associated with the constitution.

saeteurn
04-25-2012, 03:31 PM
"... But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, ...; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void."

What is so bad about that? As it would seem to pretty much outright nullify our currently outrageous national debt -for just because certain classes of individuals willfully conspire from within the/our government to commit such acts does not make those acts any less criminal nor those involved any less culpable, e.g., Gulf of Tonkin, Waco, Oklahoma City Bombing, 93’ WTC Bombing, 9/11, USS Liberty & Cole Bombings, the entire DHS infrastructure-TSA, JTTF, Infragard, etc., etc.

Thanks. Thats exactly what I thought but wasn't really sure.