PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theorist Forum Website disclose.tv - Shut Down By Feds?

Philosophy_of_Politics
04-14-2012, 01:07 AM
hxx p://www.disclose.tv/seized.html

No joke.

DamianTV
04-14-2012, 01:09 AM
The Thought Police have truly arrived.

maskander
04-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Yes it's a joke it was hacked, or a joke.

Philosophy_of_Politics
04-14-2012, 01:23 AM

No, i was literally just on the website a little while ago. The moderator left a big farewell post, and the posters were outraged.

JoshLowry
04-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Googling "internet security terrorism task force" and "international website seizure act" doesn't give me much info.

Also why would the image be hosted on their server?

http://www.disclose.tv/seized.jpg

http://megaupload.com/banner.jpg

Seems to be hosted on their server and that was a real shutdown. I dunno.

Philosophy_of_Politics
04-14-2012, 01:49 AM
Hmmm. The site is real, and has a real forum. There was a real moderator "farewell" post, where he admitted he was scared and going to be leaving. I'll see if I can find the link.

DamianTV
04-14-2012, 01:52 AM
I'll try to provide the Tech Answer as quickly as I can.

Each and every website gets a Unique Static IP Address. A technical service known as DNS translates the name we type in into a string of numbers so the computers we can find it. When the Feds seize a Domain name, like www.foo.com, they can take control of that websites DNS records and change it to point somewhere else. So to us it looks like the name is the same, but in fact it is coming from a completely different set of comptuters.

For example: www.ronpaulforums.com goes to 67.225.158.173, but the Fed's come along and seize our domain for whatever purpose they feel like. They take all our servers back to be analyzed, and redirect www.ronpaulforums.com to instead go to 74.125.227.146. To us, it looks the same, but the way it works is totally different.

libertyjam
04-14-2012, 04:32 AM
Those silly Germans are always getting into trouble

Czolgosz
04-14-2012, 05:32 AM
When you run out of money while operating a conspiracy theorist forum, what better way is there to go out than with a conspiracy?

:D

thoughtomator
04-14-2012, 05:37 AM
When you run out of money while operating a conspiracy theorist forum, what better way is there to go out than with a conspiracy?

that's what they want you to think ;)

pcosmar
04-14-2012, 08:33 AM

Does not appear to be a joke.

All links to the site have the same notice.
http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=disclose.tv&oq=disclose.tv&aq=f&aqi=g3g-C1&gs_l=hp.12..0l3j0i33.2846l2846l0l15080l1l1l0l0l0l0 l111l111l0j1l1l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1188&bih=615&emsg=NCSR&noj=1&ei=JomJT91Ow72pAdzRzNsK&sei=NomJT9fEEZKu8ATTh7TrCQ&gbv=2

WilliamC
04-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I don't know how many of you remember the old goldismoney.info forum, but it was shut down on April Fools day about two years ago. I know some archived portions of the forums but huge amounts of posts and information were removed from the public domain when it went down. My understanding is that this was a site run by someone off of donations from the members, there were no advertisments on it at all.

There is now a goldismoney2.com which relies some on advertising revenue but I'm not active there.

tbone717
04-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Does not appear to be a joke.

All links to the site have the same notice.
http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=disclose.tv&oq=disclose.tv&aq=f&aqi=g3g-C1&gs_l=hp.12..0l3j0i33.2846l2846l0l15080l1l1l0l0l0l0 l111l111l0j1l1l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1188&bih=615&emsg=NCSR&noj=1&ei=JomJT91Ow72pAdzRzNsK&sei=NomJT9fEEZKu8ATTh7TrCQ&gbv=2

That can be done with a 404 redirect.

The WHOIS data on the domain shows that it is registered to:

Uwe Braun (info@futurebytes.de)
Futurebytes GmbH & Co.KG
Innstrasse 71
Passau, N/A 94036
DE

The site is hosted in Germany: NS1.HANS.HOSTEUROPE.DE (http://87.230.102.84). If you do a tracert you can see it is hosted in Germany, it is not redirecting to the US.

Also I cannot find a gov't agency called "The United States Department of Internet Security Terrorism Task Force", nor is there a "U.S. Terror Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland".

Finally, 23 USC has to deal with highways, and there is no sec 981 or 714 (c).

Looks like BS to me.

What is funny though, is that conspiracy theorists are supposed to be naturally skeptical, but then they believe everything they reade on a conspiracy site without further investigation.

Bosco Warden
04-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Is there even such a thing as a "U.S. Terror Attorney"?

acts of sedition...terror mongering..?

I do remember something a couple of weeks ago about disclose.tv in this regard in the main stream media though. Can't remember exactly

tbone717
04-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Is there even such a thing as a "U.S. Terror Attorney"?

acts of sedition...terror mongering..?

No such thing as a US Terror Attorney's Office. I edited my post above yours with more details.

tbone717
04-14-2012, 10:00 AM
One more piece of info. Megaupload redirects to a server called CIRFU.NET, which is owned by the FBI. This site in question does not, it is still hosted where it has always been hosted.

Jandrsn21
04-14-2012, 10:00 AM

I'm so confused, for good measure I'll go to my bunker for the next 3 months. Inform me if any thing changes, I'm freaking out!

tbone717
04-14-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm so confused, for good measure I'll go to my bunker for the next 3 months. Inform me if any thing changes, I'm freaking out!

Nothing to freak out about. The domain is still in control of the registrant, and nothing in the wording of the "seized" notice makes any sense. According to the image, they violated section of the USC that do not even exist.

I am calling BS on this one, but like I said eariler - reading some other sites the conspiracy guys are going ape shit over this, when it doesn't take much work to see that this is more than likely a bunch of crap.

presence
04-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Google "disclose tv"
http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=disclose+tv&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

This domain has been seized by the United States Department of Internet Security Terrorism Task Force an European Allied Command Operations, in accordance with International Website Seizure Act, and is under investigation along with its owner(s), administration and membership.

Full civil and criminal legal action will be taken against those who, knowingly or unknowingly, have contributed to acts of sedition, terrror-mongering, and possible treason, including links to other sites now deemed a threat to national and international security.

A warrant has been obtained with the assistance of the U.S. Terror Attorney's Office, for the District of Maryland, authorizing seizure of property and forfeiture thereof, according to 23 U.S.C #981 and #714(c).

So just by linking to something that is "deemed a threat" one has become a criminal?

I guess that adds me to the list, check it out for yourself if you dare:

www.disclose.tv (http://www.disclose.tv/)

hoax?

hack?

censorship?

police state?

????

presence

libertyjam
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?371962-Conspiracy-Theorist-Forum-Website-Shut-Down-By-Feds&p=4355634#post4355634

cstarace
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
It's fake. Do a little more investigating, please. Does the US Dept. of Internet Security Task Force or the US Terror Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland exist?

presence
04-14-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm totally leaning "hack" on this one...

International Website Seizure Act ???

--------------
Sorry didn't see the other thread with the non-specific title... And the only investigating I did was to click on my bookmark that ended in the "seized" warning.

It's fake.

So is this a hack or publicity hoax?

Jandrsn21
04-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Nothing to freak out about. The domain is still in control of the registrant, and nothing in the wording of the "seized" notice makes any sense. According to the image, they violated section of the USC that do not even exist.

I am calling BS on this one, but like I said eariler - reading some other sites the conspiracy guys are going ape shit over this, when it doesn't take much work to see that this is more than likely a bunch of crap.

LOL! I was totally joking around. The feds aren't going to start seizing websites until they have the legal "authority" to do so. IMO this will take years for them to accomplish. If they do it by fiat, they will get sued. If they write some obscure law to seize websites, they will get sued.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-14-2012, 01:46 PM
LOL! I was totally joking around. The feds aren't going to start seizing websites until they have the legal "authority" to do so. IMO this will take years for them to accomplish. If they do it by fiat, they will get sued. If they write some obscure law to seize websites, they will get sued.

You think they don't already seize websites? Even local agencies will seize websites.

Jodi's mom
04-14-2012, 02:03 PM
My guess after reading all your comments is: the owner of the website got tired of it all and abruptly decided to end it. Kind of what Czolgosz said, What better way to end a conspiracy therory webstite than with a conspiracy!

maskander
04-14-2012, 02:52 PM
ironically, if this was a prank, or a hack, either party is now legally liable for terror-mongering in some way shape or form. I'm sure our U.S attorneys can find a charge that would fit.