View Full Version : Voting is Not the Problem… Americans Are the Problem

John F Kennedy III
04-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Voting is Not the Problem… Americans Are the Problem

Eric Peters
Infowars.com
April 13, 2012

People vote for too many things.

Mostly they vote to take things from other people – either their property or their freedom of action. Each election in modern America is for all practical purposes a no-reserve auction of other people’s stuff. Vote for me, says The Candidate – and I will give you some of their stuff. Or something even worse: Vote for me and I will force them to do This or That.

It is never phrased quite so honestly, but this is the essential character of what goes on. Everything is up for bid. There is no off-limits. No “not for sale at any price.”

Apparently, the idea doesn’t appeal to most Americans anymore. Most Americans view their fellow man with proprietary interest.

And they, he.

But the vote is just a mechanism. A tool. It is neither good nor bad in itself. It is people who are bad. Envious, malicious, vengeful, controlling people. Or simply ignorant people. Give them the franchise and nature will take its course.

Envious, malicious people vote for wealth transfers to themselves – theft by process, rendered lawful. You have more and I have less. Give me more.

Voters with the itch to control their fellow man – but lacking the courage to do so directly – get proxies to do it for them, via the ballot box. It makes them feel good without requiring them to confront the nature of the thing – and of themselves. People who would never in a million years march over to their neighbor’s house and knock a cigarette from his lips will self-satisfiedly vote to have someone else do it for them – never stopping to consider that they have just given license for their neighbor to exact revenge using precisely the same method.

The simply ignorant, in their naivety, vote for laws that seem to them humane and “liberal”- never following the sequence of events down the line, to the unfriendly end of the gun that will impose their “humane” and “liberal” policies. Or, if they are “conservatives,” for laws they may genuinely believe will “keep us safe.” Likewise never following the thought-chain to its necessary conclusion. Never realizing what they’ve just endorsed and how it will inevitably be used in ways they may not like very much at all.

But the franchise is itself morally neutral. Like a gun. A gun can save a life – or take one. The gun itself is neither good nor bad. It is the hand that wields it – and the mind that controls it.

And it is the minds of millions of Americans that’s at the root of our predicament. Minds that have been molded (twisted) by great historical forces, embodied by a few very specific persons:

Abe Lincoln taught Americans to fear the government. He laid waste to the South as an object lesson: Washington’s authority is unassailable – and eternal. The union, at bayonet-point, forever. Like a bad marriage from which there can be no escape save death.

Prior to the war, most Americans still held to the curious notion that government existed by their leave. It was their mere representative, charged with a few specific tasks and no more. When this representativeexceeded its mandate, it became immediately illegitimate – a tyranny. The Southern states took this literally, attempting to withdraw on the principle that legitimate government exists by consent only – and what was being done to them by the rapidly growing Leviathan in DC was being done manifestly withouttheir consent and very much against their will. Hence, they exercised their right as sovereign states to withhold consent – and to sever the relationship. To depart.

Abe educated them.

The principle of unlimited federal supremacy was established at Appomatox. The formerly sovereignstates (plural) became little more than fiefdoms ultimately owned – because utterly controlled – by the “monarch” in Washington. The formerly free people of the several states became citizen-subjects of the United States (singular) - subject to its universal authority. Oh, they were allowed to vote. But never given a choice.

Millions of Americans, though beaten on the field, still denied the right of Washington’s rule in their hearts – where they remained free in spirit, at least. They resented the new massa in Washington – regarding him (rightly) as a usurper, a tyrant, a fiend. It was understood they were ruled by force – and very much without their consent.

Roughly four score and seven years later came FDR – and another pivotal moment in the changing (the warping) of the American mind. FDR taught browbeaten Americans to love the government. To look upon it as a benevolent source of Manna (source of the Manna always left unspoken). Hard times? Bad luck? Washington can “help.” Over the ensuing decades, this became institutionalized – leading us to the present debacle of annual, every other year and every fourth year auctions presided over by the most loathsome characters imaginable – politicians – made possible by an increasingly loathsome – because degenerated – mob.

Up for bidding: The property of your fellow man – including even his physical person. And as he bids you, you in your turn bid on him.

The auctioneer, meanwhile, collects his commission.

Until enough people to make a difference recover their moral sense – and decline to partake – these auctions will continue. More, they will increase in rapacity as the crowd loses all scruple and demandseverything – which it inevitably will. Because nothing is off the table. Then, of course, there will benothing. At least, not for the screeching crowd. Everything will have been consumed – and not one of them will have a rightful reason to complain. He who victimizes cannot object to being victimized in turn.

And the auctioneer? He’ll end up owning everything – including you and me.

original article here:
http://www.infowars.com/voting-is-not-the-problem-americans-are-the-problem/

WilliamC
04-13-2012, 07:31 PM
I still say that television is the primary problem which caused the decline of the American civilization starting in the 1950's.

It caused people to stay indoors instead of interact with their neighbors on a regular basis, and that alone has created the sense of alienation that many feel about their fellow man.

Not to mention the incessant brainwashing, which if not actually the reason that television was invented was certainly the tool by which the monied elite finally was able to gain control over the national culture.

Television, and the mainstream media in general, is the last best tool that the psychopathic parasites have to exert their control. Manufacturing consensus is their ongoing charade but it's nothing more than grand theater played out in the living rooms and bed rooms of hundreds of millions of mass market consumers that don't know how to think for themselves any more.

Paul Or Nothing II
04-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Vote for me, says The Candidate – and I will give you some of their stuff. Or something even worse: Vote for me and I will force them to do This or That.

So well written, this is exactly what needs to laid bare to the public, the very nature of force they wish to use against others, it's never quite phrased that way honestly & that's why people think it's ok, it's MUST be phrased that way more often to the general public & possibly, put in the guilt in their minds

Anti Federalist
04-13-2012, 11:35 PM
I think that is great that InfoWars is picking up Eric Peters' postings!

+rep

heavenlyboy34
04-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Indeed, this is one reason why democracy/representative republicanism fails. But it would be more accurate to say "voting, and especially voters are the problems"

Indy Vidual
04-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I still say that television is the primary problem which caused the decline of the American civilization starting in the 1950's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8&feature=related

John F Kennedy III
04-14-2012, 12:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8&feature=related

+rep

DamianTV
04-14-2012, 02:05 AM
Dont worry about cleaning your room. If you like living in squalor, then live that way.

Dont worry about driving responsibly. If you get in an accident, your car insuance will pay for it.

Dont worry about saving money. Invest it and let the Investors worry about your financial future.

Dont worry about your kids education. The Public School System will educate your kids for you.

Dont worry about your health. Your Government will tell you what you can and can not eat, and what pills to take.

Dont worry about thinking for yourself. Your Goverment has decided that you are not responsible enough to think for yourself, and will do the thinking for you.

That is all. Now go back to sleep.