PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Officially Endorses Thomas Massie for Congress

Jeremy
04-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Ron Paul has endorsed RPF member Thomas Massie for Kentucky's 4th Congressional district.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/816a408fff2c465f8ffb1faf6652fd39/KY--Kentucky-Congress/

By the way, don't forget the moneybomb for Massie on the 26th: http://www.facebook.com/events/241002225998226/

Sola_Fide
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
FRANKFORT, Ky. —Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has endorsed tea party congressional hopeful Thomas Massie in Kentucky's crowded 4th District primary race.

The move could trigger an avalanche of campaign contributions from Paul's nationwide network of supporters, fattening the Massie campaign's bank account heading into the final weeks before the May 22 primary.

Paul, the father of Republican U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky,said in a statement that Massie "deserves your support right now."

Massie, the Lewis County judge-executive, has banked more than $230,000 this year for his Republican primary campaign to replace retiring U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis.

Massie faces state Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington,Boone County Judge-Executive Gary Moore,Crestwood teacher Brian Oerther,Fort Mitchell business consultant Tom Wurtz, Erlanger lawyer Marc Carey and Crestwood building contractor Walter Christian Schumm.

The lady who did my taxes today is a gun instructor on the side in Oldham County. She went OUT OF HER WAY to tell me about this Tea Party candidate named Thomas Massie:):). It was a great conversation none-the-less! I had to keep my smile inside when she was telling me about this hardcore Constitutionalist named Thomas Massie.

This is a winnable race. Let me repeat: WE CAN WIN!

DONATE! LET'S BLOW THE DOORS OFF OUR RIVALS IN THIS RACE! RON PAUL IS RIGHT...MASSIE IS LEGIT!!

Sola_Fide
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/news/ap/politics/2012/Apr/13/ron_paul_endorses_massie_in_4th_district_race.html

I'm trying to find the entire text of the endorsement. Does anybody have a link?

Massachusetts
04-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Congratulations Thomas!

Jeremy
04-13-2012, 01:04 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/news/ap/politics/2012/Apr/13/ron_paul_endorses_massie_in_4th_district_race.html

I'm trying to find the entire text of the endorsement. Does anybody have a link?

Not sure, but hopefully there will be an email from Ron or something!

BamaFanNKy
04-14-2012, 08:54 AM
He will get skewered by his opponents for it. Better donate and offset it.

Jeremy
04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
He will get skewered by his opponents for it. Better donate and offset it. Not sure how much they can say about Rand Paul's father.

trey4sports
04-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Not sure how much they can say about Rand Paul's father.

yeah, Really. They can attack Massie on his donations and such but the fact that he was endorsed by Ron Paul is not something that will give his opponents any traction. Besides, all he has to say (which he has done) is that he disagrees with some of Paul's positions.

BamaFanNKy
04-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Not sure how much they can say about Rand Paul's father.
You'd be shocked.

Sola_Fide
04-14-2012, 12:00 PM

Yep.

Crystallas
04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Yep, Ron Paul sent out an email. I have had RP emails get sent spam filtered before, so just in case you aren't a donator/subscribed to the newsletters.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,

It isn't often that an endorsement is this easy for me.

The candidate I am writing to tell you about deserves your support right now. He is in a Republican primary to be the next Congressman from the 4th district of Kentucky. And he can win.

He has the right message, the right principles, and is running in a district that my son Rand carried in both his primary and his general election by wide margins.

His name is Thomas Massie, and I am proud to endorse him today and to tell you more about him in the hope that you will join me in supporting his candidacy.

Thomas Massie has been a part of our Revolution for years. His political beliefs and personal principles led him to a strong adherence to liberty, and he has worked to show his family, neighbors, and friends the path to freedom.

Thomas grew up in Kentucky, in the area where he now resides with his wife and four children. He left briefly to attend MIT and to start a career as an inventor and entrepreneur. Thomas knows what it is like to try to get an idea through the business and governmental mazes set up for job creators. He has been successful for himself, his family, his investors, and his workers.

Thomas eventually decided to move back to Lewis County, Kentucky, where he grew up - wanting his kids to grow up there, too.

It was from there that he was such a strong supporter of my 2008 campaign, as well as the beginning of Campaign for Liberty.

And he was invaluable to my son Rand when he ran for office, taking an early interest in Rand's race, helping him meet folks in his area, raising money, campaigning - you name it, Thomas did it for Rand's race in 2010.

Thomas also saw that there was a problem in his local government. Spending and regulations continued to grow, teaming up to put a stranglehold on his local economy. So Thomas decided to do something about it.

He ran against an incumbent Republican in a primary for Judge Executive of his county (the head of the county government in Kentucky) and surprised everyone by beating him 2-1. He ended up winning the general election and marched into office determined to save his county's finances. In just a few short months, Thomas had found enough in savings in his small county to pay his own county salary for three years!

Principles put into quick action!

Thomas has also made all the right kind of enemies, both as an activist and a county executive. The establishment can't stand him. The tax-and-spenders fear him. The people Rand refers to as "the beseechers" don't even bother with him.

Sometimes your enemies tell you just as much about you as your friends.

Thomas is the real deal. He will only vote for constitutional laws, and he will fight to restore our lost rights if he is elected to Congress. I've seen his agenda, and it is one every single one of us can get behind!

** Supporting a Balanced Budget Amendment and only voting for budgets that are in balance. House Republicans this past year did not produce a balanced budget. Republicans should always fight for this goal. Thomas will join Rand in both voting against unbalanced budget plans and in supporting Rand's 5-year balanced budget plan.

** Fighting the out-of-control EPA. The Obama EPA has declared war on Kentucky coal. Thomas will join Rand as a strong advocate for repealing Obama's rules and stripping bureaucratic power by passing legislation like the REINS Act, which was sponsored by Rand and the retiring Congressman Davis.

** Protecting our rights by standing up for gun owners and the 4th amendment. Our government's war on our privacy must stop.

** Fighting for a fairer, flatter tax that lowers tax rates and eliminates tax loopholes for special interests.

** Fighting the special interests in Washington by standing up against wasteful spending.
Thomas has already stood up publicly for these things. He has simultaneously cut taxes, spending, AND debt in his county!

Believe me, that is a record that is sorely needed in Congress.

Some might still try to tell you that Thomas doesn't have the political experience necessary. His main opponents are multi-term state legislators and county executives.

Well, having spent a good bit of time in Washington myself, I can tell you firsthand - the LAST thing it needs is more professional politicians.

It needs more people with real principles, who will stand up and fight.

Thomas is absolutely one of those people. I am sure of it.

There has been some talk about who could take my place in Congress now that I'm retiring. I often dismiss talk like that, but I want to tell you, my strongest supporters, that Thomas Massie has the principles and guts to stand up to Big Government as I have.

He has the principles of Liberty to fight for ALL of our Bill of Rights, and he believes in smaller government both here and overseas.

There aren't many candidates out there of the caliber of Thomas Massie, so I hope you'll take the time today to get involved with his campaign.

The best thing you can do for him now is to CLICK HERE to contribute.

Thomas has TWO establishment opponents who are raking in special interest money. One of them just had a fundraiser in which he raised over $100,000 in one night for the primary!

Thomas must raise $250,000 in the next 2 weeks in order to have the funds he needs to get his message out.

As I've said, Thomas has the right principles. There is no question in my mind about that. He will stand up for Liberty in Congress.

And he has the right team. His campaign manager, consultant, and media team were all key parts of Rand's victory in 2010. They have the tv ads, direct mail, and GOTV plans ready to go.

What they must have now is your help to raise the $250,000 they will need in the next few weeks, as they work for a victory (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/8408640:11723737880:m:1:339450352:93F0A6C5EE6EE8F3 ED72BA4795E617C7:r).

Please do all you can today.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/cimages/9e1a03df3a024e863ece9f4018b8c898/RPsig.jpg

P.S. Thomas Massie is running in the Republican primary for Congress in the 4th district of Kentucky. He has the right principles, message, and team to win this race - but he needs you to join me in supporting him.

I've sent Thomas Massie $5,000 from Liberty PAC, the maximum allowed by law. I hope you'll join me in making YOUR maximum possible contribution to Thomas Massie for Congress today by clicking HERE (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/8408640:11723737880:m:1:339450352:93F0A6C5EE6EE8F3 ED72BA4795E617C7:r).

Sola_Fide
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Wow. That is an endorsement!

Adrock
04-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I am so glad to see this email blast. That should help out with the fundraising. What I don't get is why DP isn't on board with Massie while they are still pushing the Super Brochure.

tsai3904
04-14-2012, 06:52 PM
I am so glad to see this email blast. That should help out with the fundraising. What I don't get is why DP isn't on board with Massie while they are still pushing the Super Brochure.

Here's the thread I started for Massie there:
http://www.dailypaul.com/224082/thomas-massie-for-congress-ad-in-kentucky

It looks like someone finally donated after they received Ron's email.

Sola_Fide
04-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I just came back from a full day of door-to-door campaigning for Tom with several liberty activists in Shelbyville. Tom's ground game is second to none in this race guys. I am really heartened to see a candidate actually firing up liberty activists in the area (like Ron Paul does across the country)!!! Thomas is bringing out the passion for freedom, guys! It's awesome to see!

DONATE! We must be well funded in these last few weeks to crush our competition!

Sola_Fide
04-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Here's the thread I started for Massie there:
http://www.dailypaul.com/224082/thomas-massie-for-congress-ad-in-kentucky

It looks like someone finally donated after they received Ron's email.

Thank you. We need to contact the admins so they can feature this on the front page.

Sola_Fide
04-15-2012, 12:54 PM

I only post this for a laugh:
http://www.bluegrassbulletin.com/2012/04/ron-paul-has-a-man-in-the-congressional-race.html

Ron Paul wants to feed your kids heroin for breakfast! Watch out! LOL