PDA

View Full Version : TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW to give you money

aoahuj
11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
alright. now we HAVE to raise 10 million dollars or the media will laugh at paul.......

here is what I am doing to help out...

not many people I know are going to be non-lazy enough to actually take out their debit card and donate during those 2 days. but they want to donate money to ron paul on the days so I am grabbing 30 bucks, 20 bucks, etc etc from my friends and putting it in my bank account and when the 2 day period comes i will give ron paul like 1000 dollars ive collected and 300 myself

anyway blah blah thats a good way to hopefully make more money

remember to donate on the first day, so the first day has a big number, which makes more ppl donte on the second day

or maybe u might think its a stupid idea lol

Sematary
11-14-2007, 11:11 PM
alright. now we HAVE to raise 10 million dollars or the media will laugh at paul.......

here is what I am doing to help out...

not many people I know are going to be non-lazy enough to actually take out their debit card and donate during those 2 days. but they want to donate money to ron paul on the days so I am grabbing 30 bucks, 20 bucks, etc etc from my friends and putting it in my bank account and when the 2 day period comes i will give ron paul like 1000 dollars ive collected and 300 myself

anyway blah blah thats a good way to hopefully make more money

remember to donate on the first day, so the first day has a big number, which makes more ppl donte on the second day

or maybe u might think its a stupid idea lol

If it works for you, that's great. More power to you my friend.

Bodhi
11-14-2007, 11:14 PM

There is only one day, December 16th. I agree that if people donate early that day it encourages others to donate.

TechnoGuyRob
11-14-2007, 11:24 PM
If people can donate on their own, it's better, because it brings down the average donations number and increases the number of unique donors.

I think the best strategy is to ask everyone you know to donate $20 to Ron Paul on December 16th instead of getting you a Christmas present this year.

Jobarra
11-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Bad idea as it is most likely against campaign finance law. When you donate, you affirm the below rules:

1. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another.

2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident. If a foreign national, I have permanent resident status and hold a green card.

3. I am making this contribution (and paying this credit charge) with my own personal funds, and I am not using funds provided by any other person or from any corporation, labor union or national bank to make this contribution.

4. I am not a federal government contractor. This donation is not from the personal or business funds of an individual or sole proprietor who is a federal contractor. (Personal contributions are allowed from employees, partners, shareholders and officers of businesses with government contracts)

5. This contribution is not made from the funds of a political action committee. This contribution is not made from the funds of an individual registered as a federal lobbyist or a foreign agent, or an entity that is a federally registered lobbying firm or foreign agent.

6. I am at least 18 years of age. If a minor (over the age of 16), I am voluntarily making this contribution, which consists of my own funds; my contribution is not controlled by another individual and is not made from a gift given to me to make this contribution.

I believe the situation you laid out would be breaking rule #3. Don't do it. I would suggest continuing to encourage your friends to give. Why not participate in a day that makes history? Keep showing them the buzz that is growing around Dec 16th. If they decide not to, leave it alone. It's better to run a clean campaign than to get a little extra donations. Remember, WWRPD? (http://www.wwrpd.org/) :)