PDA

View Full Version : Why I think Ron will cut loose from the GOP....

wgadget
04-13-2012, 08:20 AM
The main reason I think Ron Paul will cut loose of the GOP as a last option is because of what he did in 2008. Back then, he was still a Congressman, but he ENDORSED ALL OF THE THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES, and did not endorse McCain.

I think that his point was to help give credibility to the idea of a third party.

With the mess we're in now, with most Americans TIRED of the two-party system, TIRED of the banker class trampling us, TIRED of the dishonesty of the media...RON PAUL can make a point regarding ALL of those entrenched systems in one fell swoop by going for it. He has nothing to lose, and the thoughts and minds of We, the People to gain.

He has the Internet, his intense following and his many books to make his ultimate point.

Ron Paul being the true LEADER that he is, I do think it's a possibility. His message, after all, is independent thought and FREEDOM from government trappings, which includes the baseless, self-perpetuating rules of the GOP, the media and the Federal Reserve system.

Go, Ron! I'm with you wherever you go! :)

millercards
04-13-2012, 09:22 AM
You're probably about to receive a lot of comments about why he won't run third party. I've heard most of them, but am still holding out hope.

I just thought I should add this to your thread:

If he does run third party in the 2012 presidential election, the movement should gain a TON of momentum. Think of all the dormant Ron Paul supporters out there that have either lost hope or are in states that already voted and have backed away a little.

We would be going full force this fall if he does run 3rd party. The internet is far and away more powerful than it ever was. His running would easily gather the most votes from a 3rd party in history. Our rallies would explode more than they have been. Our moneybombs would skyrocket. Our enthusiasm would be at an all time high.

It would be the ultimate battle that we have all prepared for.

Am I wrong with any of the above?

wgadget
04-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Who one-starred my post?

wgadget
04-13-2012, 09:42 AM
You're probably about to receive a lot of comments about why he won't run third party. I've heard most of them, but am still holding out hope.

If he does run third party in the 2012 presidential election, the movement should gain a TON of momentum. Think of all the dormant Ron Paul supporters out there that have either lost hope or are in states that already voted and have backed away a little.

We would be going full force this fall if he does run 3rd party. The internet is far and away more powerful than it ever was. His running would easily gather the most votes from a 3rd party in history. Our rallies would explode more than they have been. Our moneybombs would skyrocket. Our enthusiasm would be at an all time high.

Ron Paul is the ESSENCE of the FREEDOM message. Third party is the ESSENCE of POLITICAL FREEDOM.

I agree with you, millercards.

Liberty4life
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
I have been telling you all to do this for years, the establishment fears this, and will use every sound bite to belittle the idea, right now we are headed for a Romney Obama showdown with Obama already preprogrammed in diebold to win, we had McCain shoved down our throat and now were getting Romney shoved down our throat by the same people that foisted the previous loser on us.

By breaking the cycle, you will see liberals and conservatives alike running to our banner, but the media won't even acknowledge it, they can't.

By leaving the GOP they(the GOP) will lose all the momentum they are slowly getting, which won't be enough to beat Obama anyway.

This momentum will shift to the Ron Paul movement.

wgadget
04-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Heck, one of the mainstream neocon arguments against Ron Paul is that he failed to support the GOP last time.

I say PHOOEY on them. They are just propagandists in the fake two-party meme, which is NOT working, and which people by the droves are figuring out is a scam.

Go out with a bang, Ron. You got nothin' to lose, and much to gain.

We're behind you.

wgadget
04-13-2012, 11:07 AM

LOL...No takers yet. Just support. (Except for the one-star guy.)

Tiso0770
04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Well whatever Ron decides to do I'll follow, if he decides Dem. or Ind. I'll be right behind him. Perhaps running as a Republican he could get his message out and i think the MSM saw through it.

Lightweis
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
One star thread. Were going to win the GOP nomination

CaptainAmerica
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
http://m5.paperblog.com/i/17/172927/condescending-wonka-doesnt-think-much-of-you--L-AR7kD7.jpeg

JK/SEA
04-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Its all about timing. Right now Ron is running as a Republican. The numbers aren't in yet. Lets focus on that, instead of jumping ahead to any other strategies.

When the time is right, i'm sure Ron will let us all know either way.

Proph
04-13-2012, 11:34 AM

Did you not read the "as a last option" part? Since when is it bad to discuss other options, in case he doesn't clinch the nomination? It's like some of you guys just hear "3rd party", shut off your brain, and flame away.

This is the perfect storm for a 3rd party candidate to win, in my opinion. But you're right, we need to focus on winning the GOP first.

Perhaps the mods should create another section of the forums for 3rd party runs, to avoid the infighting? We need to cover all of our bases.

I like your optimism, though.

Feelgood
04-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Not gonna happen. Another useless thread. Either he gets the GOP nod or he goes home and retires.

/thread

JK/SEA
04-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Not gonna happen. Another useless thread. Either he gets the GOP nod or he goes home and retires.

/thread

never say never.

Liberty74
04-13-2012, 12:01 PM
If Ron runs third party or anyone else, they have to go Indy even if they can't get on all states. Running under an alternative party would be pointless because nobody votes that way. The Indy party has 40% of the voters.

I have always supported an Indy run and continue to do so. If not Ron, then Judge NAP would suit me just fine.

Valli6
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
/thread
Goes home and retires? I don't see that happening at all!

I'm glad that Ron continues his fight from within the Republican party.
BUT - if in the end, he is not the republican nominee - and I think things are weird enough now, and people fed up enough, that anything can happen - I would be thrilled to see him start a new party or run 3rd party. I agree that this is the time, Ron Paul is the man, and we are the supporters that could make it work!

seraphson
04-13-2012, 12:24 PM
never say never.

But you just did. Twice in fact!

(i kid, i kid)

JK/SEA
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
But you just did. Twice in fact!

(i kid, i kid)

i know i know

John F Kennedy III
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
If he leaves the GOP he can't get on the ballot in every state. So he can't win by doing that.

wgadget
04-13-2012, 06:05 PM
If he leaves the GOP he can't get on the ballot in every state. So he can't win by doing that.

And for those places he can't get on the ballot, people can write him in. :p

nobody's_hero
04-13-2012, 06:34 PM
If the grassroots videos for a 3rd party run (if it comes to that) are as epic as the ones that have appeared on this site so far, I think we will be able to create the perception of momentum, at least.

Imagine the "witness the power of an Idea" being converted to an advertisement and broadcasted on T.V.

NoOneButPaul
04-13-2012, 06:47 PM

No, you are correct, but you've lost sight of the fact that none of that will amount to 270 electoral votes and the POTUS.

Sending a message like that would do more harm than good. A 3rd party run would only give the democrats (and Obama) all the control. It would also harm Rand's future attempts at President and anyone else who has already joined the GOP as Ron Paul Republicans- they've been swearing Ron Paul isn't a RINO... how would they look? How would future Ron Paul Republicans be responded to when they're remembered for giving Obama the white house again and leaving the GOP?

Ron won't do it because it's impossible for him to win that way, he shouldn't do it because it harms the future of the movement within the GOP- which is the only place it can have any kind of power.

What we need to do is get all the 3rd parties (the LP and Constitution Party in particular) to come back to the GOP and help us grow...

PreDeadMan
04-13-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm hoping he does run third party but it needs to be soon right? he can't wait so long! screw the 2 party system! I hope they all disappear.

heavenlyboy34
04-13-2012, 09:27 PM
The main reason I think Ron Paul will cut loose of the GOP as a last option is because of what he did in 2008. Back then, he was still a Congressman, but he ENDORSED ALL OF THE THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES, and did not endorse McCain.

I think that his point was to help give credibility to the idea of a third party.

With the mess we're in now, with most Americans TIRED of the two-party system, TIRED of the banker class trampling us, TIRED of the dishonesty of the media...RON PAUL can make a point regarding ALL of those entrenched systems in one fell swoop by going for it. He has nothing to lose, and the thoughts and minds of We, the People to gain.

He has the Internet, his intense following and his many books to make his ultimate point.

Ron Paul being the true LEADER that he is, I do think it's a possibility. His message, after all, is independent thought and FREEDOM from government trappings, which includes the baseless, self-perpetuating rules of the GOP, the media and the Federal Reserve system.

Go, Ron! I'm with you wherever you go! :)
It would be nice if the third party option were viable. The "bipartisan" system is deeply embedded-both in culture and in law. It will be a multi-generational effort to make the 3rd party thing work. (even the LP only gets a tiny fraction of votes, despite being on the ballot in all states) Besides, a lot of powerful people have vested interest in the system. Good luck, though. My focus is getting off the grid as much as possible. Never bet everything on the political means working out.

dillo
04-13-2012, 10:57 PM
No, you are correct, but you've lost sight of the fact that none of that will amount to 270 electoral votes and the POTUS.

Sending a message like that would do more harm than good. A 3rd party run would only give the democrats (and Obama) all the control. It would also harm Rand's future attempts at President and anyone else who has already joined the GOP as Ron Paul Republicans- they've been swearing Ron Paul isn't a RINO... how would they look? How would future Ron Paul Republicans be responded to when they're remembered for giving Obama the white house again and leaving the GOP?

Ron won't do it because it's impossible for him to win that way, he shouldn't do it because it harms the future of the movement within the GOP- which is the only place it can have any kind of power.

What we need to do is get all the 3rd parties (the LP and Constitution Party in particular) to come back to the GOP and help us grow...

This, the neo-cons need to leave and make a pro-killeveryone party. The GOP needs to go back to the roots of true conservatism

Democrat4Paul
04-13-2012, 11:00 PM
The GOP is really the only reason needed. They use and abuse Ron. He should cut away and kick some GOP ass. And the Donkey's, too.

If Paul would run on his own BOTH these lame duck parties would be toast in the face of true freedom.

idiom
04-13-2012, 11:05 PM
To go third party... he would really need a number of reps and senators to go join the new party with him, and they would need to come from both sides.

Democrat4Paul
04-13-2012, 11:07 PM
How about Rand? Or some other? I will support that, them, and whomever carries the flag of true freedom.

Paul will be 80 next time around. I want to thank him....but who is NEXT?

Who will carry this flag, pure and true and w/o compromise?

driller80545
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Independent makes more sense. For Rand also. GOP has no future.

Paul Or Nothing II
04-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Its all about timing. Right now Ron is running as a Republican. The numbers aren't in yet. Lets focus on that, instead of jumping ahead to any other strategies.

When the time is right, i'm sure Ron will let us all know either way.

Another dreamy, useless thread *sigh*

Firsly, if Ron is to WIN then GOP is the ONLY LIKELY route; 3rd-party would be good only for keep spreading the message & as a show of conservative/libertarian strength to bring GOP down but it WON'T win

Ron has been getting ONLY 15-20% in a 3-way Obama-Romney-Paul - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_p residential_election,_2012#Three-way_race
That is NOT sufficient enough to win

Santorum just dropped, leaving Ron as the next most "conservative" in the race & it's pathetic that some people here are talking about a useless 3rd-party run when in fact, we should be seizing this opportunity with both hands & establish Ron Paul as the anti-OBAMNEY candidate (which is EXACTLY what Santorum was)

DamianTV
04-14-2012, 01:30 AM

+Rep!

We've actually taken the Virgin Islands completely. Now with Santorum out, the "Official Winner of Missouri is Ron Paul! The trend contines. It starts with Ron Paul and will NOT stop until we have taken back our Country from the Userpers.

Our strategies are not hidden. They are well known. They can not beat the strength of our numbers. They can not defeat our strategy. We are the Delegates, and we decide the Fate of this Country. I've now gone from being a County Delegate to a State Delegate, and we are planning our strategy accordingly. We are still completely ignored by the Main Stream Media, but they can not deny their guilt and they will not deny our Rights! We are going to win! It is with that attitude and only with that attitude can we ensure that Ron Paul will be not only the GOP Candidate, but the man who frees a country from itself.

wgadget
04-14-2012, 05:08 AM
Yes to the GOP nomination,of course. I'm talking about Plan B here. The GOP doesn't need to follow the rules, as we've discovered.

csu1987
04-14-2012, 06:22 AM
YES Ron should run for Independent party if he doesn't win at the nat convention. I think cnn said that the independent part was as big if not bigger than the republican party in 2009 or something.

Rand can still run as a republican and just say that he is different than his dad in many ways, I believe he voted for a few things re: the war that his dad did not.

Rand is a different person.

I would also like to see Peter Schiff, Judge Napolitano and Tom Woods on the GOP list in 2016 as well. They could constantly team up against the stupid neo-cons and support each other.

wgadget
04-14-2012, 09:36 AM
YES Ron should run for Independent party if he doesn't win at the nat convention. I think cnn said that the independent part was as big if not bigger than the republican party in 2009 or something.

Rand can still run as a republican and just say that he is different than his dad in many ways, I believe he voted for a few things re: the war that his dad did not.

I would also like to see Peter Schiff, Judge Napolitano and Tom Woods on the GOP list in 2016 as well. They could constantly team up against the stupid neo-cons and support each other.

I agree about Independent. It has a more all-encompassing ring to it. The Libertarian Party has some drawbacks...mainly perception-related. I have no problem with them, personally, but you know how the sheeple think.

LibertyEagle
04-14-2012, 09:45 AM

No, Rand didn't vote for any war.

wgadget
04-14-2012, 10:24 AM
If I recall correctly, Rand leans a little more toward the Sean Hannity viewpoint, ifyaknowwhatImean. And it did seem to have something to do with his stance on foreign policy. Can't remember the details.

Democrat4Paul
04-14-2012, 04:33 PM
I cannot get behind Rand just for the sake of his father's legacy. I am sure he is a nice guy, but no.

Guys if we need a candidate we have to have the right one. And the right one must have the practical, common sense thinking of Paul with true freedom as the bottom line.

This movement can move beyond Paul. But not with Rand, it would seem. Perhaps more gridlock in Washington will convince him to move on? Or maybe he simply enjoys being "son of Ron Paul?" But if he would just pick up the entire RP platform and run with it, and barrel it down the throats of the GOP for many years to come with the vision and clarity his dad couldn't communicate very well....I think he could have a shot :)

But he MUST be daring and bold. Stand up, RAND!!

azxd
04-14-2012, 06:05 PM

Go, Ron! I'm with you wherever you go! :)Sorry, but all I remember from 2008 was that he quit.
He had the same kind of support then, but does have more now ... If he cuts from the GOP his momentum will decline, due to an inability to draw the undecided voter away from the GOP.

Far to many people vote along a Party line, without though of who they are actually voting for.
IMO,
He should remain under the Party umbrella to the end.

azxd
04-14-2012, 06:11 PM
The GOP is really the only reason needed. They use and abuse Ron. He should cut away and kick some GOP ass. And the Donkey's, too.

If Paul would run on his own BOTH these lame duck parties would be toast in the face of true freedom.Have you asked yourself WHY he didn't return to a third Party, and more importantly WHY he didn't do so when entering this race ?

azxd
04-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Another dreamy, useless thread *sigh*

Firsly, if Ron is to WIN then GOP is the ONLY LIKELY route; 3rd-party would be good only for keep spreading the message & as a show of conservative/libertarian strength to bring GOP down but it WON'T win

Ron has been getting ONLY 15-20% in a 3-way Obama-Romney-Paul - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_p residential_election,_2012#Three-way_race
That is NOT sufficient enough to win

Santorum just dropped, leaving Ron as the next most "conservative" in the race & it's pathetic that some people here are talking about a useless 3rd-party run when in fact, we should be seizing this opportunity with both hands & establish Ron Paul as the anti-OBAMNEY candidate (which is EXACTLY what Santorum was)Glad to see that you get it !!

Brent H
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
I hope Ron Paul runs third party.

Aratus
04-14-2012, 10:15 PM
i feel the odds are 50/50
he's going all the way to
Tampa so he can exhaust
all options inside the gop.

csu1987
04-14-2012, 11:12 PM
No, Rand didn't vote for any war.

He voted to fund some extra thing for afghanistan, can't remember what it was exactly. I agree with Rand on like 95% of stuff, he may not be as good as his dad but he is damn good and I would vote for him in a heart beat if Tom Woods or Peter schiff turned out to be less than stellar in debates, which I highly doubt.

Democrat4Paul
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Have you asked yourself WHY he didn't return to a third Party, and more importantly WHY he didn't do so when entering this race ?I have thought of this, and I have heard and touched on some arguments pro and con. But it just seems both parties oppose him. I don't know how he can win in either established party when they both seem to oppose him. I get so angry when in debates his fellow GOP candidates look at him like he is just a quaint old man with old fashioned, unrealistic ideas. And the condescending way they smile at him. And snicker.

The dems? He would have done no better there. But you know a lot of Democrats are angry Obama did not end the wars and interventionist policies. And they thought he might move on from the drug war to some sort of sensible drug policy. These are also goals of Paul. But not the GOP. And obviously not the Donkey, either.

So, what do we have left? Listen, I know what the past has been like with the third party candidates. But the world and country is a rapidly changing place and the finger must be on the pulse.

The people are hungry, starving for freedom. But they must be shown the way. Paul as a GOP'er is restrained and stereotyped. I truly believe NOW would have been the time and might be still for a true man like Paul to rise on his own. But the push must be hard and strong.

He has the internet to raise money and spread the word. Is he worried about the GOP? Why? They are going to lose, anyway! Freakin' Romney is Obama with a conservative twist of mediocre.

Paul can do it! What does he have to lose?

DamianTV
04-17-2012, 01:57 AM
I think the more important question is "what do we all have to gain from having Ron Paul as the President?" to which, I would answer, the ability to provide an honest living for myself by getting rid of the wasteful spending of a parasitic government.