PDA

View Full Version : US denounces North Korea over failed rocket launch

Vanilluxe
04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/us-denounces-north-korea-over-failed-rocket-launch-013443814.html

Denouncing wouldn't do a thing; the only thing North Korea will understand from us is a drop of a bomb.

The Goat
04-12-2012, 09:49 PM
So your suggesting we bomb North Korea?

Vanilluxe
04-12-2012, 09:51 PM
So your suggesting we bomb North Korea?

We never had a peace treaty with North Korea, so lets bomb them and finish up this war, we are technically still at war with that country!

The Goat
04-12-2012, 09:53 PM
WOW, your like a pair of brown shoes in this place.

Vanilluxe
04-12-2012, 09:57 PM
WOW, your like a pair of brown shoes in this place.

Then how do you suggest we end this war and stop future launches of missiles (They will someday launch a missile towards Hawaii)

The Goat
04-12-2012, 10:01 PM
yeah, because this launch was such a success. LMAO

seraphson
04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm not going to lie.
I thought about Civ V.

JK/SEA
04-12-2012, 10:19 PM
We never had a peace treaty with North Korea, so lets bomb them and finish up this war, we are technically still at war with that country!

I wasn't aware WE had declared war on North Korea. And to open up a new front of military police action would be at no cost?...

Launch a missile at Hawaii?...i'm pretty sure WE could blow it up in flight. Then Congress could decide whether to DECLARE war. Sounds like a plan to me...right?...have you registered for selective service yet?

Vanilluxe
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM

I admit, a couple years ago, when I was vacationing in Hawaii, I was scared sh*t when I turned on the news and North Korea was launching a missile.

Vanilluxe
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
I wasn't aware WE had declared war on North Korea. And to open up a new front of military police action would be at no cost?...

Launch a missile at Hawaii?...i'm pretty sure WE could blow it up in flight. Then Congress could decide whether to DECLARE war. Sounds like a plan to me...right?...have you registered for selective service yet?

Alright Alright, that sounds better... I'm just really scared!

JK/SEA
04-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Alright Alright, that sounds better... I'm just really scared!

scared ?...of what?...dying in a ball of fire from a 20 megaton thermonuclear bomb?...relax...the vacuum pressure from the initial blast will tear you to shreds first.

Lishy
04-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Honestly, I don't think NK is stupid. They don't want to start a war, because pretty much the entire world hates its regime. If they hit Hawaii, sure, they kill a ton of citizens, but what the hell does that accomplish? It just means we'd launch a huge amount of nukes and wipe out the entire region! (SK might get caught in the crossfire thogh..)

BlackTerrel
04-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Give it enough time and North Korea will merge back with South Korea. At least that's what most of the South Koreans thought when I was there.

Anti Federalist
04-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Everybody needs to relax.

(Jeez, I never thought I'd say that...)

This was not a weapon, it was an attempt to put a satellite into orbit, like scores of other countries have already done, thousands of times.

RickyJ
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Then how do you suggest we end this war and stop future launches of missiles (They will someday launch a missile towards Hawaii)

When that day happens we will bomb them, until then we should not bomb them. Some of you people are nuts. You don't go around bombing nations just because they might attack you someday! Just like you don't go around killing people that have never did anything to you because you think they might someday! That is plain crazy!

AdelaideGUy
04-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Iran has already put 3 satellites into orbit, what's the problem here?

Anti Federalist
04-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Nice timeline paper drawn up on NK's missile tests.

http://www.cdi.org/pdfs/NKmissiletimeline5.26.09.pdf

Lishy
04-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Everybody needs to relax.

(Jeez, I never thought I'd say that...)

This was not a weapon, it was an attempt to put a satellite into orbit, like scores of other countries have already done, thousands of times.
I honestly don't know if NK was even telling the truth since they hardly tell the truth to their own citizens...` But considering we're a world of lying hypocrites, maybe we just need to all calm the fuck down and maybe trade instead. North Korea needs oil and energy, and we need.. Uh... Their minerals? (I supposed they have decent mines?)

RickyJ
04-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Iran has already put 3 satellites into orbit, what's the problem here?

Iran has smarter scientists that haven't been killed yet by their enemies.

Vanilluxe
04-12-2012, 11:29 PM
I honestly don't know if NK was even telling the truth since they hardly tell the truth to their own citizens...` But considering we're a world of lying hypocrites, maybe we just need to all calm the fuck down and maybe trade instead. North Korea needs oil and energy, and we need.. Uh... Their minerals? (I supposed they have decent mines?)

They have nickel, maybe we should ransack it, jk.

ShaneEnochs
04-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Nuclear weapons suck as actual weapons of war. Just thought I'd point that out.

Vanilluxe
04-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Nuclear weapons suck as actual weapons of war. Just thought I'd point that out.

What do you mean?

Then what is the best weapon of war?

ShaneEnochs
04-12-2012, 11:40 PM
What do you mean?

Because there's no realistic way to use them on a battlefield. Conventional weapons are the best.

In other words, a bomb that destroys three square miles, irradiates dozens more square miles, and costs millions of dollars is a waste when we can take out a target with a missile that costs just a couple thousand to produce and only destroys the target that we're attacking.

V3n
04-13-2012, 06:45 AM
I think NK had a very successful launch. I think it did everything they wanted it to do.
They fired a blank. On purpose.

The new leader gets to say "Look at me. I didn't back down."
All the other countries in the region, and the US look nervous and scared.
And at the end of the day, nobody got hurt, so there's no real reason for anyone to attack them.

What else could they ask for?

fatjohn
04-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Why should they tolerate us sending stuff into space but not the other way around?

I don't get it.

Kelly.
04-13-2012, 08:42 AM
What do you mean?

biological weapons
it kills people, but leaves infrastructure intact.

jmdrake
04-13-2012, 09:31 AM

That's what I was thinking. Shouldn't we be commending them on their brilliant failure? A nice "keep up the bad work guys"? Anyway North Korea would starve if we didn't keep feeding them. And we can't attack them because that would mean war with China. Plus the U.S. has thousands of human shields soldiers all within easy striking distance of NK's arsenal that actually works.

Original_Intent
04-13-2012, 09:33 AM
That's what I was thinking. Shouldn't we be commending them on their brilliant failure? A nice "keep up the bad work guys"? Anyway North Korea would starve if we didn't keep feeding them. And we can't attack them because that would mean war with China. Plus the U.S. has thousands of human shields soldiers all within easy striking distance of NK's arsenal that actually works.

No, the US is denouncing the failed launch because they were depending on a successful launch to gin up some more cash from a little more military adventurism. Duh.

jmdrake
04-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Honestly, I don't think NK is stupid. They don't want to start a war, because pretty much the entire world hates its regime. If they hit Hawaii, sure, they kill a ton of citizens, but what the hell does that accomplish? It just means we'd launch a huge amount of nukes and wipe out the entire region! (SK might get caught in the crossfire thogh..)

Of course they're not stupid. They saw what happened to Saddam Hussein and Muyamar Khaddafi. That's why they want a strong deterant. Khadafi had made peace with the west. Hussein had given up his WMD program. None of that mattered. They were "rogue states" and we were going to take them out regardless. Want to know why? Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7pZi6peD4

jmdrake
04-13-2012, 09:37 AM
No, the US is denouncing the failed launch because they were depending on a successful launch to gin up some more cash from a little more military adventurism. Duh.

+rep!

V3n
04-13-2012, 10:22 AM

On April 11th, 2012, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said this:

...We consider this a provocative action, if it takes place. It is clearly in violation of two U.N. Security Council resolutions and demonstrates a propensity by the North Korean regime to spend and waste money on military programs while their own people starve...

WHAT COUNTRY IS HE LIVING IN?!?! Are we doing anything different??

Lucille
04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
I know some NK rocket scientists who are going to the camps...