PDA

View Full Version : Both parties' Thurston County (WA) caucuses set for this weekend

sailingaway
04-12-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.theolympian.com/2012/04/12/2067442/both-parties-thurston-county-caucuses.html

caucus and convention speeches are going to be very important for Santorum supporters who never really listened to Ron's views before.

digitaldean
04-12-2012, 09:58 PM
If you are in WV make sure to tweet/facebook this to all your friends.

surf
04-12-2012, 11:40 PM
O’Callahan added: “No matter how you look at it … you’re going to have a lot of those Santorum people that never looked at Ron Paul before and they aren’t going to look at him now.”

that's what i'm afraid of. wish the debt-raiser-camera-in-your-bedroom-sweatercreep was still in this race. we go to battle this weekend as well.

jcannon98188
04-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I am going to be volunteering my time at the caucus tomorrow. Ready for a long day :) Rest assured people, we have had major success in WA before, and we will continue to have said success tomorrow. The campaign has been working hard these last few weeks preparing for this (my friend is getting 2am phone calls and texts from the campaign. No rest for the free I guess)

PolicyReader
04-13-2012, 07:02 PM
I am going to be volunteering my time at the caucus tomorrow. Ready for a long day :) Rest assured people, we have had major success in WA before, and we will continue to have said success tomorrow. The campaign has been working hard these last few weeks preparing for this (my friend is getting 2am phone calls and texts from the campaign. No rest for the free I guess)
Thank you +rep

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Thurston co starts in 8 minutes. I can't find twitter feed anywhere :(

jcannon98188
04-14-2012, 08:33 AM
8 minutes? Crap I was told to be there at 8. (Good thing I'm only a volunteer and not a delegate) I better get out the door though

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 08:36 AM
8 minutes? Crap I was told to be there at 8. (Good thing I'm only a volunteer and not a delegate) I better get out the door though

Got a twitter account to keep us updated?

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 08:37 AM

GOP delegates begin registering at 7:30 a.m., and voting begins after 9.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/04/12/2067442/both-parties-thurston-county-caucuses.html#storylink=cpy

jcannon98188
04-14-2012, 08:40 AM
GOP delegates begin registering at 7:30 a.m., and voting begins after 9.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/04/12/2067442/both-parties-thurston-county-caucuses.html#storylink=cpy

Oh ok cool.

jcannon98188
04-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Got a twitter account to keep us updated?

I do, @jcannon98188. I don't know exactly how much I will be updating (or really how to use twitter that well XD But I will try if you want to follow me)

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 08:45 AM
I'll watch for your twitters. I dont have an account so can't "follow" officially. I'll post your twitters here if any. Now get out the door to your caucus!!!! :D

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Jasons (jcannon98188) twitter feed. Someone want to reply to his twitter to let him know we are listening?

Jason Cannon‏@jcannon98188Reply

Alright. Lets win the 360 #rp2012

sailingaway
04-14-2012, 11:11 AM
from me to him, wishing them luck and telling him we are watching: https://twitter.com/#!/usernamenuse/status/191211989824061440

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 01:45 PM
from me to him, wishing them luck and telling him we are watching: https://twitter.com/#!/usernamenuse/status/191211989824061440

Thanks SA. He's not twittering at all though :(.

What's going on Jason!!!!?????!!!!!

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Jason! Ya suck as a twitterer :p

TEWA
04-14-2012, 06:59 PM
I was at the Yakima county convention today and we won 27 of the 44 delegates!!!

A couple were Santorum people who may or may not support Paul for national, but they hate Romney.

There was some weird stuff in one of the districts, but a neat day. A Ron Paul guy who works at the state level also said Ron Paul won the 7th district today (Seattle)!! Anyone out there know??

Brent H
04-14-2012, 07:26 PM
I just got back from the Thurston County Convention. The convention was divided into three different districts. In my district, Ron Paul took about 15 of 21 slots. In the other two districts, Romney got every single delegate (or so I heard from Mathew Hayward). I was informed that the turnout of Ron Paul delegates was less than 50%. If we had gotten 50% turnout of our delegates, we would have taken 100% of the slots at the state convention.

If you want to get more details, check with Matthew Hayward.

PaulSoHard
04-14-2012, 07:37 PM
I just got back from the Thurston County Convention. The convention was divided into three different districts. In my district, Ron Paul took about 15 of 21 slots. In the other two districts, Romney got every single delegate (or so I heard from Mathew Hayward). I was informed that the turnout of Ron Paul delegates was less than 50%. If we had gotten 50% turnout of our delegates, we would have taken 100% of the slots at the state convention.

Ugh, that must sound frustrating, but good job locking up delegate slots. Hopefully every other county/LD turns out well for Ron Paul delegates and we'll have a majority at state.

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the report. Been waiting all day on this. Too bad it wasnt better news.

jcannon98188
04-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Not watching enough. Tweeted every update I had!
Which is to say not very much at all. Sorry guys. Good news first? Thurston County GOP are SAINTS compared to other GOP's they were super cool and we made a lot of good friends. Our message of blocking the 1144 clicked with a lot of people (most them Romney people:D ). There were no shenanigans, and nothing bad to report at all. Except people suck at life. There were 3 districts today. One had 40% of their people show, another got 60%, and one only had 28% show up. I am pissed. As a result, we won 16 out of 21 delegates and 18 out of 21 alt's from one district, and were stomped in the other two (0 delegates)

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 07:59 PM
I was at the Yakima county convention today and we won 27 of the 44 delegates!!!

A couple were Santorum people who may or may not support Paul for national, but they hate Romney.

There was some weird stuff in one of the districts, but a neat day. A Ron Paul guy who works at the state level also said Ron Paul won the 7th district today (Seattle)!! Anyone out there know??

Awesome. Did Romney take the rest or were they divided between Santorum and Newt in Yakima?

Hmmmmmm....looking for Seattle info now.

PatriotOne
04-14-2012, 08:05 PM

Still looking for 7th district but found this good news while looking:

South Seattle area District (LD 11th) Caucus results today

http://www.dailypaul.com/226699/south-seattle-area-district-ld-11th-caucus-results-today-romney-delegateszero

Romney delegates=ZERO!
Submitted by adampeart on Sat, 04/14/2012 - 20:29
in Ron Paul 2012
Washington

Just got back from our 6 1/2 hour district caucus today. Double great news! Our slate, which we joined forces with Grinch/Santorum folks, SWEPT ALL DELEGATE and ALTERNATE slots! AND NOT ONE ROMNEY DELEGATE OR ALTERNATE! Off to the state convention! Though we 'joined forces' against the Romney peeps it was clear our 'Open Convention' slate was a HUGE majority for RP. I think out of the 16 delegates elected 1 was a Newt supporter(I sat next to her, she was quite nice and pushed hard for me to be at least an alternate, which I won) and 3 Santorum folks, meaning 12 of the 16 open delegate spots were filled with RP supporters, and about the same, if not more, alternates were RP supporters as well!

The meeting got off to a rocky start as the 'committee' had added three 'supplementary' rules, two of which were rather redundant. One was "No delegate candidate could give a speech.' Two was delegate candidates were just supposed to get up, say their name, precinct number, and who they supported. Three was NO VIDEOTAPING ALLOWED. This was a sticking point. We amended the second by simple majority vote so that candidates were allowed 30 seconds if they so desired the time to explain WHY they supported who they did because we knew there were about 20 or so delegates who were still undecided(Romney folks didn't like this). Then the county chairwoman/temporary meeting chair, Lori Sotelo, in collusion with the 'Parliamentarian' Ruth Gibbs, fought hard and twisted and jumbled the language to the point that it was suddenly deemed a requisite 2/3rds majority vote to overturn the rule by 'special order'(we had the simple majority vote like we did and what they accepted with the second rule.) We were told that you couldn't vote on each supplementary rule, rather they lumped them altogether so we voted them ALL down. There was no 'rule' to stop speeches OR videotaping in the first place. We then moved to allow 30 second speeches and won that(which allowed me to get up and call congress a bunch of "bastards"- which was met with hisses and cheers), and as for video'ing I don't know if anyone did(I tried but my phone died) but it wasn't discussed any further. Since there was no original rule against it and their amended rule to stop it was shut down, by all rights one could have and stuck to the rules and at the same time videotape. The chairwoman and parliamentarian were very twitchy over this, and being flustered didn't realize they actually shot themselves in the foot. Anyway, from then on it was a smooth sail...a SWEEP! It was refreshing to see the who's who in the establishment SOUNDLY DEFEATED.

There's blood in the water people! Can you say "BROKERED CONVENTION"?

seawolf
04-14-2012, 08:12 PM
That is great news from King County in Washington!!!

sailingaway
04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
bumping Washington delegate info