PDA

View Full Version : I am still in tears after the Ron Paul movie

Veronica1986
11-14-2007, 10:31 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37055

I am still a bit emotional as I write this post. This video made me angry, sad, and most of all hopeful. I am surprised it doesn’t have more views but I felt the need to sign up for these forums after watching it (long time lurker first time poster) just to let everyone know how much I was touched by it. I use to be a Hillary supporter but her unwillingness to leave Iraq once elected has forced me to move on. Seeing her in the video gave me chills. I would consider myself a liberal democrat but after watching the video I would have to say I am in the party of Ron Paul whatever party that may be. My cousin served in Iraq and I will be sending this video to all my family members. Thanks again and keep up the good work. You guys are a very talented bunch and I am sure that Ron Paul can win now. There is hope for America yet.

derdy
11-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Welcome! You've made the right choice!

Apology accepted! :p

yongrel
11-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Gabba Gabba

LibertyOfOne
11-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forums. I didn't know about this video. Thanks

SlapItHigh
11-14-2007, 10:38 PM

I am still a bit emotional as I write this post. This video made me angry, sad, and most of all hopeful. I am surprised it doesn’t have more views but I felt the need to sign up for these forums after watching it (long time lurker first time poster) just to let everyone know how much I was touched by it. I use to be a Hillary supporter but her unwillingness to leave Iraq once elected has forced me to move on. Seeing her in the video gave me chills. I would consider myself a liberal democrat but after watching the video I would have to say I am in the party of Ron Paul whatever party that may be. My cousin served in Iraq and I will be sending this video to all my family members. Thanks again and keep up the good work. You guys are a very talented bunch and I am sure that Ron Paul can win now. There is hope for America yet.

I understand. Welcome - you are not alone. Thank you for forwarding this to everyone! My cousin (20 years old) seved in Iraq too but unforunately, he did not make it home alive.

~Erin

slantedview
11-14-2007, 10:39 PM

Welcome. There's a lot of Democrat Ron Paul supporters here such as myself, and my brother who served 3 tours in Iraq.

:)

EvilEngineer
11-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Woohoo another female! We were just discussing that we were looking for more females to join the revolution. :D

Dequeant
11-14-2007, 10:53 PM
I've never seen those before either, and they are my favorites now. Thanks for posting.

MsDoodahs
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Welcome!

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Those videos are awesome.

paulitics
Welcome aboard. I trust that you know what to do to register in your state for the primary. If you have any questions let us know.

Skeeterbug73
I use to be a Hillary supporter but her unwillingness to leave Iraq once elected has forced me to move on.

Same for me. Welcome!! :D

LibertyEagle
11-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey, Veronica.

Welcome. :)

I just love this campaign. It pulls us together from across the political spectrum to stand up to this stuff that is going on. We want our country back! Americans, together again. I just love it. :)

Together, we WILL win. We must.

klamath
11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Welcome aboard! A lot of us had to do a lot of soul searching. I was caught up in the lie that we were fighting for our freedoms. I served a year in Iraq and have stood in a massive church and watched the funeral of a friend of 20 years that was shot down over Baghdad. I had to look into the stricken eyes of his daughters. One of the girls I have known since she was born. My son had to attend the funeral of 32 of his buddies that dies in a helicopter crash in Iraq. Freedon isn't free but we aren't losing it because of the middle easterners. We must work for it here against our own politicians.

max
11-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Our ranks are filling up with young hotties by the day....3 in my Meetup group.

I have them work the guys at our street actions...very effective.

welcome aboard and put those assets to use for the cause!

max
11-14-2007, 11:14 PM
I understand. Welcome - you are not alone. Thank you for forwarding this to everyone! My cousin (20 years old) seved in Iraq too but unforunately, he did not make it home alive.

~Erin

so sorry to hear that...

I too have a personal stake in this...a childhood friend killed on 9/11. Dont get me started on who the real culprits were...but lets just say that owe them one.

Ron Paul Fan
11-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Welcome Veronica. Thank you so much for joining us and realizing that Ron Paul is what is best for America and our troops. I just watched the videos you referenced and they are very powerful and emotional. The military donates the most to Ron Paul so that tells you something about what they want to happen and who they support. It is essential that we help them to get this great man into office.

"The foundation for a police state has been put in place and it's urgent that we mobilize resistance before it's too late." -Ron Paul

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Welcome, I teared up at the end of the second vid. (Thats twice in as many days, and I never cry....)

Erin- I'm sorry for your loss.

Voice
11-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Welcome!:)

Conza88
11-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Cheers for joining up!
And this thread, I just saw the videos - quality!
Great job to the creator!

SlapItHigh
so sorry to hear that...

I too have a personal stake in this...a childhood friend killed on 9/11. Dont get me started on who the real culprits were...but lets just say that owe them one.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I served a year in Iraq and have stood in a massive church and watched the funeral of a friend of 20 years that was shot down over Baghdad. I had to look into the stricken eyes of his daughters. One of the girls I have known since she was born. My son had to attend the funeral of 32 of his buddies that dies in a helicopter crash in Iraq.

I'm so sorry for your loss and your son's.

CCTelander
Welcome!

bbachtung
11-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks for joining the forums and thanks for directing us to this AWESOME movie.

VERY, VERY POWERFUL!

krott5333
11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
thiis video brings tears to my eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kll9-nR4uVs

Mark
11-14-2007, 11:23 PM

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:24 PM
thiis video brings tears to my eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kll9-nR4uVs

That was the other one that made me cry.

Mark
11-14-2007, 11:30 PM

Former Democrat, current Independant, and if Dr Paul is a Rebublican, I don't care what party he is, I want to attend. ;)

Hey Veronica, a gracious welcome to you. I just wanted to say that I would have considered myself very liberal too until a few months ago when Dr Paul defined the true meaning of Conservatism. Basically Libertarianism. Limited government, states rights, individual rights and liberties, non warmongering, personal responsibility for ourselves and neighbors. You know, basically doing things that both parties had taken upon themselves to give to the government to do, while taking our money in taxes to do it in a wasteful way. When Dr Paul was training to be a doctor in the late 50's, early 60's, he said that no one ever went without health care because churches or charities were mostly involved in taking care of the needy. That no one who needed medical care was ever turned away because they were poor. It seems like today that everyone is so used to shirking their personal responsibilities in deference to the government, that they've forgotten how to take care of themselves and others. I think we need to get back to that, to caring for each other instead of expecting the government to do it for us. And getting back to the original intent of The Constitution too. Personal freedom and liberty, and as small of a Federal Government that we can get by with. If things like that are Conservative, then I'm as Conservative as can be. ;)

peace..

Bryan
11-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Welcome- thank you very much for sharing your story. When we all come together as we are there really is hope for America, I have a hard time expressing how it feels to be a part of it.

steph3n
11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I just want to point one thing out, depending on your state you may need to register as a republican to even vote for Dr Paul, as revolting as this may sound......it is for our future :)

CurtisLow
11-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Sup Veronica! welcome to the RP forum!

Mark
11-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I understand. Welcome - you are not alone. Thank you for forwarding this to everyone! My cousin (20 years old) seved in Iraq too but unforunately, he did not make it home alive.~Erin

I'm sorry Erin. For your and his family and friends.

Recently, a couple of local people passed, I guess, surprisedly. It was just sad you know, and even though I didn't know them well, I could feel the sadness kinda all around, and shed a tear or two a couple or few times over the days.

I sent a little note to a couple of friends who were close to them, and a little poem that I wrote in my sadness one early morn. I think you might understand it at least a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone as sure
as I am in The Love of God..
and that they're both ok and doing
'finer' than we're doing down here..

but still.. I cry..

When I woke up this morning.. I wrote a little poem
for them both.. and.. I guess for everyone else that
have left this physical world before we have..

"Why Do I Cry"

Why do I cry
When I know that you're free

Why do I cry
You're just away from me

Why do I cry
I guess because it seems

that there will be some time
before, my friend, we'll meet
from our last fair goodbye
again, up in the sky

ronpaulyourmom
11-14-2007, 11:57 PM
doh...

sorry to hear that...

Everybody digg it, it's important that people see this.

hard@work
11-15-2007, 12:00 AM

Hi Veronica, it's really good to see you. You are going to find that we are an amazing group, and truly represent the entire slice of the American people. It's an eye opening realization and it just gets better, although sometimes a bit frustrating. I would recommend that you study Dr. Paul's thoughts at this website:

http://www.ronpaullibrary.com

You may find some points you disagree on, but I promise not too many. And when you understand his arguments even for those ideals you have which conflict - you may find yourself changing your mind once you realize what it is Ron Paul is fighting for in his ideals.

@

KingTheoden
11-15-2007, 12:09 AM
so sorry to hear that...

Roger that. The husband of a teacher of mine was a VP at Cantor- he was a good guy, apparently left a message on her voice mail that he wasn't sure if he was going to make it out.

My grandfather worked a stones throw away from the South Tower...was covered in the dust. He was in perfect health, ran and hiked regularly and then two years later developed a strange respiratory cancer that stumped the oncologists (was less mysterious to me) and died rapidly.

You put it well Max, we owe em one.

davidhperry
11-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks so much for joining and sharing your story. We're all in this together.

mweldon
11-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Veronica, we here in support of Ron Paul are not Republicans, we are not GOP, we are not Liberals, we are not Democrats, we are not anarchists, we are not libertarians, or any other stereotype the media wishes to segregate us into.......we are merely today's incarnation of an idealistic persona that evolved over 200 years ago from men and women who valued freedom and personal responsibility far more than the tranquility of servitude. Within this we are simply.....Americans Americans do not want war, Americans thrive on peace, as peace is the only way to true prosperity for us all.

I cannot put into words how so many of us relate to your situation. We all came here from different backgrounds and different "labels", nevertheless, you have taken a step into a much larger world. The world of the Red Pill where the once mundane and apparently insignificant world of politics will now become center stage in your life as you, as many of us before you, begin to see how most of the charlatans up on the hill care very little for your life, liberty, and happiness. The quote from Benjamin Franklin "Ma'am, we gave you a Republic...If you can keep it" takes on a whole new meaning unto itself.

The main difference between our time and the founding fathers is that we may actually have a chance to fight and win the soft war and begin bringing about a peaceful revolution through Ron Paul. God forbid we ever face a hard war. Neverthless, let the establishment realize that our chains our forged and that their clanking be heard within the sleaze filled streets of DC and New York. Let us exhaust all means and measures of the soft war so that those charlatans either do as "We the People" command or ........

Welcome to the boards and thanks for posting the movies.

mw

Tidewise
11-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Welcome Veronica. Though there is much levity here on RPF (a good thing to be sure), it is new members like you who remind us what is at stake in this election. Ron Paul knows it - that is why he is always focused on the issues and will never relent.

Neither will we.

American
11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Welcome Veronica,

I think its important to know, this has been going on since the signing of the Constitution, only today we are living it but we can do something about it.

Get out there and hand our literature ASAP!!!!

Richandler
11-15-2007, 12:39 AM
I absolutely love the first part of this video!!

The first part of the video puts together all the reasons we have built up over time and I would love to see more videos like that spread throughout the internet. Gravel talking about Clinton and then her doing her joker laugh in his face. Man that pissed me off.

SlapItHigh
11-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Mark, I am so sorry for your loss. The poem you wrote is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. You are very talented.

~Erin

user
11-15-2007, 01:02 AM
I absolutely love the first part of this video!!

The first part of the video puts together all the reasons we have built up over time and I would love to see more videos like that spread throughout the internet. Gravel talking about Clinton and then her doing her joker laugh in his face. Man that pissed me off.
I liked the part with the Hillary laugh too. If there are any people left who are against the Iraq war but still support her, they need to see this video.

VRP08
11-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Welcome!

Very disturbing video!

V4Vendetta
11-15-2007, 01:46 AM

Welcome
Every American Is always welcome here... Rest assured!

That was a Great video.. very motivating indeed.

We simply must take our Nation back.... We must....

Our future... as well as the future of our children...
I do not want them to grow up learning about the Death of our Republic in History class... along with all the Patriots that died trying to protect it...

Time is very short... at times I think I can hear the clock ticking.

I pray daily that the lord will watch over this nation... protect those of us that know the truth... and give us Patriots the wisdom, courage, fortitude, and will, to do what needs to be done, when it has to be done.

Again, welcome Veronica... I hope your eyes will open to many new things during the near future... the Future of our nation depends on it.

user
11-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Our future... as well as the future of our children...
I do not want them to grow up learning about the Death of Republic in History class... along with all the Patriots that died trying to protect it...

If we lose, I'm not so sure they'll be learning the truth in that history class...

V4Vendetta
11-15-2007, 02:09 AM
If we lose, I'm not so sure they'll be learning the truth in that history class...

good point

Veronica1986
11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Thank you guys for the support. I really hate Hillary now after everything that I have seen about her on youtube.

TheMarlin1776
11-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I am glad to see my video is making a difference.

nlke182
11-15-2007, 02:00 PM
welcome to the forums

thehittgirl
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome Veronica!

My mother was also a Hillary supporter. She's waking up. I put together a DVD with her laughing at the thought of going to Iran. I hope after she sees that, she won't give Hillary a second thought.

I, on the other hand, was on the very right for about 2 months into the 2000 presidency, then I started seeing through the Bush BS.

It's great to be awake, huh? :D

TheMarlin1776
11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Also thank you for the idea of calling it a movie. I just thought of it as a long video but that gave me the idea to repost it and really try to make the front page of digg. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37408

Vvick727
11-15-2007, 02:22 PM
oh my god, hillary's laugh scares the shit out of me..

its like a jackal-demon hybrid laugh from hell.

props go out to gravel for not loosing control right there (i definitely would've) and clobbering her.

angrydragon
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I like the movie. I don't know why Lincoln is in there. He was the Bush back in his days.
I also liked how it showed Hilary and Obama being asked if they would bring the troops home if they were President and coming to the end of their term. And them not giving a yes answer at all, but more "politician speak."

eyeswideopen
11-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Veronica, we here in support of Ron Paul are not Republicans, we are not GOP, we are not Liberals, we are not Democrats, we are not anarchists, we are not libertarians, or any other stereotype the media wishes to segregate us into.......we are merely today's incarnation of an idealistic persona that evolved over 200 years ago from men and women who valued freedom and personal responsibility far more than the tranquility of servitude. Within this we are simply.....Americans Americans do not want war, Americans thrive on peace, as peace is the only way to true prosperity for us all.

mw

Well said!! Welcome, Veronica.

wfd40
11-15-2007, 02:28 PM
those two videos should have hundreds of thousands of views...

BillyDkid
11-15-2007, 02:52 PM

Hi Veronica, it is so exciting to see new people coming in here having discovered Dr. Paul being all excited and all. I am especially proud of all the people who have it in themselves to open their minds and change their views when they realize they are hearing the truth. Having an open mind is just very difficult for some people especially when they have been indoctrinated in particular way of thinking. It's so nice to have you here and all the new people who are here. For old farts like me who have followed Dr. Paul for years it is a vindication of what we have always believed. I have said before, that when people get the chance to hear the truth they will respond. I always knew that people would respond to the freedom/peace/prosperity message if they ever had the chance to hear it and the media and the powers that be have managed until now to silence that message. My personal feeling is that this is our last best chance ever to save this country in any recognizable form for our children. If we don't win I feel sure there will be a crackdown on our ability to reach each other in a broad way on the internet.

JenaS62
11-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I got goose bumps from the videos! I love Ron Paul, his message and his supporters!

coboman
11-15-2007, 02:58 PM
This is one of the best videos ever. The only change I would make is placing the text quotes over music only, so that people can read clearly without having to listen to someone talking at the same time.

V Ron Paul 2008
11-15-2007, 02:59 PM
THanks for posting the video! good job.
I will go watch it now.

kevman657
11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Amazing videos.

kevman657
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
"You can't have a war against a tactic" -RP

I LOVE IT!!

kevman657
11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
That part of the RP speech needs to be put on a commercial or something.

rodent
11-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Former Democrat, current Independant, and if Dr Paul is a Rebublican, I don't care what party he is, I want to attend. ;)

Hey Veronica, a gracious welcome to you. I just wanted to say that I would have considered myself very liberal too until a few months ago when Dr Paul defined the true meaning of Conservatism. Basically Libertarianism. Limited government, states rights, individual rights and liberties, non warmongering, personal responsibility for ourselves and neighbors. You know, basically doing things that both parties had taken upon themselves to give to the government to do, while taking our money in taxes to do it in a wasteful way. When Dr Paul was training to be a doctor in the late 50's, early 60's, he said that no one ever went without health care because churches or charities were mostly involved in taking care of the needy. That no one who needed medical care was ever turned away because they were poor. It seems like today that everyone is so used to shirking their personal responsibilities in deference to the government, that they've forgotten how to take care of themselves and others. I think we need to get back to that, to caring for each other instead of expecting the government to do it for us. And getting back to the original intent of The Constitution too. Personal freedom and liberty, and as small of a Federal Government that we can get by with. If things like that are Conservative, then I'm as Conservative as can be. ;)

peace..

They make us dependent on them so we give them more power. It's such a sick cycle. RP is our last chance.

hornet
11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I am in the party of Ron Paul whatever party that may be.

thats a fine party to be in! welcome veronica!

marlin1776 just wanted to let you know before viewing your exceptional video i had some doubts as to whether or not i could afford to donate as much on dec.16 as i did on nov. 5,
after viewing it i realized i can't afford not to. i am going to double it!

hhugh
11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Welcome Veronica!

There really are all kinds here. Me? Six years in Navy subs. Mislead for the last 45 years of my life. EXXXX-neocon.

I know what you mean about the videos. Especially the music videos.

My favorite Tear Jerker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DqY8iIxe2c
My favorite War Cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-OrQIwC0j0

Can you tell I'm a rocker?

Learning the truth - painful.
Changing direction - hopeful.
Voting for Ron Paul - priceless.

Vote for Ron Paul: Win a free country and get your money back.
Support the troops, fire the spooks. Just bring em home.

TechnoGuyRob
11-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Now on:

www.RonPaulIsPeace.com

NinjaPirate
11-15-2007, 07:23 PM
those two videos should have hundreds of thousands of views...

Part 1 was added yesterday and part two was added about 6 hours ago as of this posting!
----------

Anyhoo, welcome to the boards! Grab a soft couch, and indulge yourself in a cup of hot TEA (we have a lot of that stuff brewing around here). :D

And to all who have lost a love one my condolences go out to you. /salute

misconstrued
11-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Great videos

coboman
11-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Wonderful videos. (bump)

Energy
11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
As a reference, this thread is about:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtow6rCj7rQ
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3UPv_Lo0U

Part 2 is excellent if you don't have time for both.