PDA

View Full Version : Please support our new project: hescatchingon.com!

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:30 PM
(I'm posting this for our team leader who is currently in the process of registering here.)

Dear Ron Paul Forums,

We are a group of Ron Paul supporters that have registered a new website www.hescatchingon.com. Our group plans to launch this new website with the intended goal of encouraging current supporters of Ron Paul to promote in others the support of him as passionately as themselves. Instead of a fund raising project this will be a "people raising" project to expand our current supporter base. To be blunt, we realize that if Ron Paul is to win the nomination great fund raising is not enough to ensure victory. That is why we have started this project.

As of late the "money bomb" phenomenon has been very successful. Our site at www.hescatchingon.com will continue this new tradition both in style and spirit. We plan on setting a goal of a certain number of new individuals persuaded to support Ron Paul's campaign for president by a certain date. For example, we may set a goal of 10,000 new Ron Paul supporters by Dec. 10th, 2007. Current supporters of Ron Paul would register with the site to show their willingness to support our effort. On the honor system they would add the number of individuals they have convinced to support Ron Paul onto the total. Also, new supporters could be encouraged to register and add themselves to the total. This total will be displayed state by state on an interactive map of the United States. Basically, we would have an ongoing total of current supporters determined to convince others to support Ron Paul and an ongoing total of new supporters brought into the campaign!

One point to note is that we could have a special emphasis on certain states. It has been discussed that we could start a special emphasis on New Hampshire as it is an early primary state. Additionally, the site would have tools and ideas about potential ways to introduce people to Ron Paul's campaign. Finally, the site would incorporate a blog where those involved with this effort could provide personal updates about what they are doing to persuade others to support Ron Paul.

However, we need your help. If you are interested in joining this project, please speak up in this thread or email our team leader, Enid at freedom_2008@live.com. We already have someone who is willing to provide hosting. The domain name has also been registered. However, we would welcome anyone who would like to contribute to this project. It would especially be helpful if those with coding or website building experience would join us.

We realize this project is in the very early stages of development. We welcome all advice, suggestions, comments, and offers of help or assistance.

Thank you,
Enid

Mark Rushmore
11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34427&highlight=goprising

Might want to consider coordinating with J Free or whoever was running that viral registration idea.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:37 PM
No, this project is not about how many people are becoming Republican. This is about how many people are supporting Ron Paul. I support Ron Paul, but I will never become a Republican if someone put a gun to my head.

But thanks for the suggestion!

traitorist
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
edit. never mind.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
What were you thinking traitorist?

traitorist
11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
firefox was telling me the page was not redirecting correctly, then i realized you hadn't completed your work yet. :cool: ;)

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Is there anyone on here that would like to join us?

DealzOnWheelz
11-14-2007, 10:46 PM
ok menthol patch you obviously don't understand.

The gun is at your head. The gun is HR1955 The Violent Radicalization & Homegrown Terrorist Prevention act of 2007

Without everyone registering republican to vote for Ron Paul all your effort means DICK pardon my french.

Don't think about it as becoming a republican think about it as becoming a "RON PAUL REPUBLICAN"

Do it or stop wasting your time here

terlinguatx
11-14-2007, 10:48 PM

jaumen
11-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Not becoming a republican out of some misguided principle is just that... misguided. To change the system you must work within the system when you can. Now is that time. You don't lose anything by registering republican, but unless you are in a state where you can vote in the republican primaries as an independent or dem.... you are utterly useless to Ron Paul and his campaign.

LinearChaos
Yeah, think of yourself as a Ron Paul Republican :)

schmeisser
No, this project is not about how many people are becoming Republican. This is about how many people are supporting Ron Paul. I support Ron Paul, but I will never become a Republican if someone put a gun to my head.

You just lost my support.

Signed,
A Ron Paul Republican

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:51 PM
ok menthol patch you obviously don't understand.

The gun is at your head. The gun is HR1955 The Violent Radicalization & Homegrown Terrorist Prevention act of 2007

Without everyone registering republican to vote for Ron Paul all your effort means DICK pardon my french.

Don't think about it as becoming a republican think about it as becoming a "RON PAUL REPUBLICAN"

Do it or stop wasting your time here

Others can but I will not.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:51 PM
You just lost my support.

Signed,
A Ron Paul Republican

That is fine.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:53 PM
First of all, let me state that I am just one member of this group. I am not the leader.

Everyone would be welcome to join this project. Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, etc.

Thom1776
11-14-2007, 10:57 PM
imtellinya.com?

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 10:58 PM
No, there is no sister site.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 11:00 PM

Unfortunately, in some states, you NEED to register Republican to support Ron Paul. Otherwise, you are just spinning your wheels because without votes, there is no revolution

Sematary
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Others can but I will not.

What is the point of attempting to register more support for Ron Paul if that support is nothing more than vapor?

Sematary
11-14-2007, 11:03 PM
First of all, let me state that I am just one member of this group. I am not the leader.

Everyone would be welcome to join this project. Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, etc.

We all swallowed the poison pill and became Ron Paul Republicans so we can SUPPORT RON PAUL. Without our votes on primary day - we have accomplished absolutely nothing and wasted months and months of our lives for nothing.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Please banner/link the December 16 money bomb from your site.
http://www.teaparty07.com

RonPaulFever
11-14-2007, 11:04 PM
lol

The "he's catching on" seems to be rivaling the "don't tase me bro" guy in popularity!

Mark Rushmore
11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
lol

The "he's catching on" seems to be rivaling the "don't tase me bro" guy in popularity!

Serious deja vu off that - not that anybody cares ;).

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 11:11 PM
No, I encourage others to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

My personal beliefs are not that of this group. I am NOT the leader.

I urge all of you to join, because we will be reaching out to gain more supporters.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Please banner/link the December 16 money bomb from your site.
http://www.teaparty07.com

We have a member working on the website as we speak. We should have something up in the next couple of days. We will obviously include a banner for the teaparty.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 11:13 PM
No, I encourage others to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

My personal beliefs are not that of this group. I am NOT the leader.

I urge all of you to join, because we will be reaching out to gain more supporters.

We can get more supporters by getting more press and by canvassing. We all have to do our part for the latter but helping the former by linking http://www.teaparty07.com would also be of great assistance.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 11:14 PM
We have a member working on the website as we speak. We should have something up in the next couple of days. We will obviously include a banner for the teaparty.

Nice. Thankyou. :D

AgentSmith
11-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Grow up and vote for an AMERICAN your childish issues with registering Republican is rather pathetic.

mrd
11-14-2007, 11:21 PM
I'd like to point out that Ron Paul isn't competing in a popularity contest. He's competing in the Presidential Primaries. If you don't encourage people to register Republican, so they can VOTE in the Republican Primary, you aren't accomplishing anything.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I'd like to point out that Ron Paul isn't competing in a popularity contest. He's competing in the Presidential Primaries. If you don't encourage people to register Republican, so they can VOTE in the Republican Primary, you aren't accomplishing anything.

We will be encouraging people to become Republican and vote in the primaries!

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
TO THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO BE A REPUBLICAN:

Don't be a Republican (GOP)

Be a Republican (One who stands for the Republic)

Also, quit being sissies and get Ron Paul elected. (Thats right I called you a sissy)

Wyurm
11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Grow up and vote for an AMERICAN your childish issues with registering Republican is rather pathetic.

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen Menthol patch explain what his/her views are. It is quite possible they are in the non-voting realm. I'm sure its very hard to understand, but there are people who refused to participate in America's political machine. They still have to deal with the effects of it though, so to keep their conscience clean and protect their personal beliefs at the same time, they will likely support Dr. Paul's run for the presidency but not vote for him. I could be wrong, but I gathered Lew Rockwell was in this category though I swear I saw something about him voting this time. Anyway, it is highly important that we vote for Paul in the primaries and if someone who does not vote is bringing in alot more voters, there's no need to bash them for their personal beliefs.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 11:36 PM
First of all, the goal of www.hescatchingon.com is to encourage current supporters to reach out to new people to support Ron Paul. That will include registering as a Republican and voting in the primaries.

Personally, I'm a big time Ron Paul supporter. However, I told myself a long time ago before I ever heard about Ron Paul that I would never support the Republican Party again. I was raised as a Republican and I was a hard-core neo-con. Then I became a Libertarian. I will indeed support Ron Paul and vote for him in the general election, but I cannot ethically join the Republican Party.

I encourage others to join the Republican Party. Many people can join the Republican Party without an ethical dilemma. However, I cannot join the Republican Party when I consider Ron Paul the ONLY Republican in the congress and senate that does not deserve to be tried for treason.

SwanMaiden
11-14-2007, 11:37 PM
We will be encouraging people to become Republican and vote in the primaries!

That is good to hear. I will check out the site when it is complete, I think it is a good idea.:)

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:38 PM
I will indeed support Ron Paul and vote for him in the general election, but I cannot ethically join the Republican Party.

You sir are a sissy.

EDIT>>> Reg. Republican, vote in the primary, next day leave the party.

The only reason I am a republican and not an independent is because there are a FEW good republicans.... and I can vote in the Iowa straw poll.

schmeisser
11-14-2007, 11:40 PM
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen Menthol patch explain what his/her views are. It is quite possible they are in the non-voting realm. I'm sure its very hard to understand, but there are people who refused to participate in America's political machine. They still have to deal with the effects of it though, so to keep their conscience clean and protect their personal beliefs at the same time, they will likely support Dr. Paul's run for the presidency but not vote for him. I could be wrong, but I gathered Lew Rockwell was in this category though I swear I saw something about him voting this time. Anyway, it is highly important that we vote for Paul in the primaries and if someone who does not vote is bringing in alot more voters, there's no need to bash them for their personal beliefs.

He is trying to promote a site to unite supporters and makes a comment clearly disrespecting the very people we need to get Dr. Paul elected, and in fact, Dr. Paul himself (a Republican of 20 years). The comment was completely unprovoked and unnecessary to the thread. I respect his/her right to post whatever their views are even if I disagree. I would recommend that the leaders of this project do not put this person out in front to support this effort.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
No, I am not a sissy. I refuse to join a den of thieves and murderers.

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 11:42 PM
He is trying to promote a site to unite supporters and makes a comment clearly disrespecting the very people we need to get Dr. Paul elected, and in fact, Dr. Paul himself (a Republican of 20 years). The comment was completely unprovoked and unnecessary to the thread. I respect his/her right to post whatever their views are even if I disagree. I would recommend that the leaders of this project do not put this person out in front to support this effort.

I don't want to be the main person running this project. I just want to help out.

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:42 PM
No, I am not a sissy. I refuse to join a den of thieves and murderers.

THUS THE POINT OF THE REVOLUTION!!!!!

People are dense........

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Yes, others can join the Republican Party. I encourage them to! I simply cannot.

schmeisser
11-14-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't want to be the main person running this project. I just want to help out.

You would be of more help in this instance by distancing yourself from it. Should be easy since you loathe us "thieves and murderers" so.

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Yes, others can join the Republican Party. I encourage them to! I simply cannot.

If he loses your state by ONE vote Im going to be really, really, really, really, really^(infinity) pissed.

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:46 PM
You would be of more help in this instance by distancing yourself from it. Should be easy since you loathe us "thieves and murderers" so.

He makes a good point.

Cindy
11-14-2007, 11:46 PM
That is fine.

Mentho Patch, do you know the difference between a neocon and a true conservative republican.

Most all of us want to vomit at the thought of supporting a neocon. They are for Big government, big spending, high taxes, huge debt, high inflation, nation building and policing the world, creating global enemies, stripping us of our civil rights and liberties using fear tactics, and are pro pre-emptive war and torture.

They are new republicans( neo means new) the creation of Carl Rove, who wanted to reshape the Republican party.

A Lot of True Republicans are STILL of the old school, and very upset about what has happened to their party. True Republican Conservatives are for small government, lsmall government spending, ow taxes, non intervention foriegn policy, and liberty.

Being a Ron Paul Republican, is cool and it's okay to be one while saying you are NOT a neocon. Educate people about the difference.

I use to be a die hard green party voter. The neocons make me sick. All Republicans are not neocons though and I had to realize. Registering republican is the only way I can vote for Paul in the primaries. If more people register as Ron paul republicans, it may help to wake the GOP up to what has been happening and give some the Republican Senators, Congressmen and GOP chairs to, grow some balls, stand up and stand tall with Ron Paul and take their party back in full.

It's okay to say, "I am a Ron Paul Republican, not a neocon, there is a difference."

francisco
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM
I think it should be www.hescatchinonimtellinya.com

Just kidding!

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Is there anyone that would like to support this project? If so, please email the team leader and he will add you to our email list. We have been having IRC chats too and he can email you when they will be.

Bertrand
11-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Look, the only thing that is important is signing up and being a delegate. That's it. If you people don't realize this, we're all screwed. I am going to be signing up. Are you?

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Mentho Patch, do you know the difference between a neocon and a true conservative republican.

Most all of us want to vomit at the thought of supporting a neocon. They are for Big government, big spending, high taxes, huge debt, high inflation, nation building and policing the world, creating global enemies, stripping us of our civil rights and liberties using fear tactics, and are pro pre-emptive war and torture.

They are new republicans( neo means new) the creation of Carl Rove, who wanted to reshape the Republican party.

A Lot of True Republicans are STILL of the old school, and very upset about what has happened to their party. True Republican Conservatives are for small government, lsmall government spending, ow taxes, non intervention foriegn policy, and liberty.

Being a Ron Paul Republican, is cool and it's okay to be one while saying you are NOT a neocon. Educate people about the difference.

I use to be a die hard green party voter. The neocons make me sick. All Republicans are not neocons though and I had to realize. Registering republican is the only way I can vote for Paul in the primaries. If more people register as Ron paul republicans, it may help to wake the GOP up to what has been happening and give some the Republican Senators, Congressmen and GOP chairs to, grow some balls, stand up and stand tall with Ron Paul and take their party back in full.

It's okay to say, "I am a Ron Paul Republican, not a neocon, there is a difference."

I urge everyone to become a Republican and support Ron Paul. I am not going to say that I'm not going to become a Republican unless someone asks.

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Look, the only thing that is important is signing up and being a delegate. That's it. If you people don't realize this, we're all screwed. I am going to be signing up. Are you?

This project will urge people to convince other people to become republicans, become delegates, and support Ron Paul.

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 12:31 PM
If you are interested in joining this project please email Enid at freedom_2008@live.com

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 01:29 PM
bump

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 06:46 PM
There is going to be a chat in the channel #peopleraiser about this project at 9PM central time.

If anyone would like to join this project please attend.

It will be on the same server as the Ron Paul Radio chatroom.

This is going to be an exciting project and we could really use your support.

mdh
11-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Server is irc.solitox.net or you can use the java client on http://www.ronpaul.name/chat/ to connect up.
Seems like a neat idea. There will be a blog on the site as of tonight.

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 06:58 PM
bump

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
There is going to be a chat in the channel #peopleraiser about this project at 9PM central time.

If anyone would like to join this project please attend.

It will be on the same server as the Ron Paul Radio chatroom.

This is going to be an exciting project and we could really use your support.

Server is irc.solitox.net or you can use the java client on http://www.ronpaul.name/chat/ to connect up.
Seems like a neat idea. There will be a blog on the site as of tonight.

Karsten
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
So we hated the commercial, but loved the slogan??

MattV
11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
The point of this project is to encourage people to go out and get new supporters for Ron Paul. People who were previously unsure or supporting other candidates. This is the first and foremost goal. once you get people to support Ron Paul then you get them to take further steps such as voting in the primaries and registering republican if necessary.

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
So we hated the commercial, but loved the slogan??

I did not hate the commercial.

The slogan is very good.

Please attend the chat tonight at 9PM central time.

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 08:02 PM
bump

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 08:45 PM
The chat will be starting in just a few minutes. Some of us are in the channel now. Please feel free to join us.

JMO
11-15-2007, 09:21 PM

Please listen to my whole point before cutting me off. I am not going to disrespect you for your stance on not changing party lines.

I have a friend at work who said he would vote for Ron Paul but he won't switch from Democrat to Republican, he refused to be associated with the Republican party. I have tried to convince him but he is standing pat on the subject.

Here is my opinions

Ron Paul is going to need every vote he can get. my friend thinks he is only 1 person, but he is not, just like you he is 1 of many. If you really truly believe Ron Paul is the best candidate then switching parties for 1 season is a small price to pay.

If you will not switch to Republican to vote for Ron Paul, you will not be taken seriously when trying to convince others to change, how can you convince me to vote for someone, when you won't take the small step of switching parties to vote for Ron Paul. you say you refuse to support the party, but how are you supporting them? you are only voting for Ron Paul and not giving them money. for you to try and convince me to switch to Ron Paul, but you won't do it yourself, is the equal to saying its ok to jump off the cliff and to prove it you will follow me after i jump.

I hope you reconsider, I was so strong about it that I felt if Ron Paul wasn't elected president, and we get the wrong candidate in office that this country is going to self destruct, and me staying as a Democrat will be worthless if we are in ruin, is my pride worth the destruction of my country? you are not just 1 person, there is thousands out there like you, maybe millions, and they all must make the small sacrifice if Ron Paul is too be elected.

I will respect your decision, and if the decision of the thousands or millions like you is NO then I am afraid we will have to choose between Hilary and Rudy, and with either of those I feel we are doomed.