PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as a "former" Paul supporter?

ronpaulitician
11-14-2007, 10:25 PM
In my opinion, Ron Paul supporters know the positions held by their candidate better than the supporters of the other candidates. I say this based on my online discussions (between Paul supporters, Paul sympatizers, and Paul opponents) where I find that there's a lot of (often enlightening) talk about Ron Paul's positions but when the positions of other candidates are brought up, there's rarely any depth to the discussions.

Assuming that the average Ron Paul supporter is indeed familiar with Paul's views, I have to assume that there are very few "former" Paul supporters (ala Eric Dondero, I guess).

This leads me to believe that we will continue to grow the size of this revolution as the weeks turn into months. I no longer have any doubt that Paul will do very well in New Hampshire, (I even think he could actually win in New Hampshire, which to me means he has a shot to go all the way) and with the money we've donated over the past few months, with the ads that money will allow the campaign to run, December 16th still coming, and someone like John Zogby predicting a good Paul finish in New Hampshire, my thoughts about this monumental event in my life are growing more and more positive.

There may not be any "former" Paul supporters, but there are still plenty of "future" Paul supporters.

Let's do this thing!

TechnoGuyRob
11-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Very good question.

No.

(I'm also interested if there's any Ron Paul supporters from 1988 who are now coming back)

yongrel
11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
A dead Paul supporter, I suppose.

nullvalu
11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Slightly offtopic, but does anyone have the scoop on Eric Dondero? Why's he such a prick?

Jobarra
11-14-2007, 10:33 PM
The funny thing is that one of the statements I see the most from Anti-Paul people is "I bet most of his supporters don't know what else he stands for." It's just strange. Nobody can seem to argue any of his points(with the exception of moving to the gold standard, but that's economic theory, so it's a given there will be arguments). All I ever seem to receive is being called names or lines such as the above or other grossly inaccurate generalizations("he's a racist, a bigot, etc."). I even saw a comment today that said Dr. Paul was inconsistent. *blink* There are some real trolls out in the world.

Isupportliberty
11-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I am a former Ron Paul supporter... I also support him in the present and most likely will in the future.

coastie
11-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Very question question.

No.

(I'm also interested if there's any Ron Paul supporters from 1988 who are now coming back)

What's a "question question"...is that good?:D

To answer the OP's question - not that I've seen. If there was a such thing, I firmly believe a rip would occur in the time space continuum thingy majigger:D:p:cool:

nullvalu
11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
What's a "question question"...is that good?:D

haha was wondering that myself ;)

justinc.1089
11-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Very question question.

No.

I know someone that used to vote libertarian, and that has not voted for I think 8 years now, and they're voting for Paul this time.

LinuxUser269
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
maybe if they are paid off ,,,,even then i bet you still could not turn a dedicated RP supporter.

coastie
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
maybe if they are paid off ,,,,even then i bet you still could not turn a dedicated RP supporter.

If anyhting, I'd take the money and donate $2300 to RP, and pocket the rest. I'd consider the rest as a personal "karma buffer".:o

goRPaul
11-14-2007, 10:43 PM
The odds say there would have to be. But logic says that once you embrace the unifying message of freedom, how could you ever go back? Good question.... I'm gonna go ahead and say that there aren't any. It all comes down to foreign policy- if you want the troops home, you go to RP and theres no going back.

RobS
11-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I have yet to find one... I have not even found anyone who is wavering..

Goldwater Conservative
11-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Nobody can seem to argue any of his points(with the exception of moving to the gold standard, but that's economic theory, so it's a given there will be arguments).

And the people who give it the most respect... are economists and the pundits on CNBC. But no, we're supposed to put more faith in the judgment of radio talking heads. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm sure there is, but I bet the numbers far are lower than for any other candidate in either party. The "frontrunners" especially seem to have extremely fluid (and ill-informed) support.

ronpaulyourmom
11-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Ron Paul is showing vast improvement in his "favorable" vs "unfavorable" ratings.

Jul. 24th - 20% favorable vs 38% unfavorable.
Nov. 4th - 25% favorable vs. 36% unfavorable.

As you can see, the gap is narrowing. Also, his name recognition among voters polled is still only 60% or so. It should be noted that every top-tier candidate has about even money in this statistical category, and every bottom tier candidate has ratings worse than Ron Paul. Read from that what you will...It would be interesting to get a statistic on this from after Nov. 7th.

Voodoo
11-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Donderoo! Doc fired him and he's very bitter about it.

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:18 PM
The only former Ron Paul supporter would be a dead Ron Paul supporter, so I suppose there are some.

SlapItHigh
11-14-2007, 11:23 PM
I had a guy at a gun show tell me that he used to support Ron Paul until he "went off the deep end the other day". This was a few days after he was on O'Reilly so I'm not sure if he was talking about that or what. He wouldn't talk to me about it further - just the repsonse he gave me when I tried to give him a slim jim.

Jobarra
11-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Didn't know who Dondero was. Looked it up:
Looks like he really wanted to go to the House of Representatives (http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/05/former-ron-paul-campaign-manager.html)

Man, talk about backstabbing. And checking blogs to figure out your decision? Better without him in the campaign I think. He seems like a bitter man.

Furis
11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Didn't know who Dondero was. Looked it up:
Looks like he really wanted to go to the House of Representatives (http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/05/former-ron-paul-campaign-manager.html)

Man, talk about backstabbing. And checking blogs to figure out your decision? Better without him in the campaign I think. He seems like a bitter man.

Yeah, ummmm.... hes a douchebag.........

sorry if anyone is offended by that.

paulitics
11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
He is a redstater...hmmm. Aren't those guys paid shills that had conferences with Karl Rove?

Flirple
11-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Slightly offtopic, but does anyone have the scoop on Eric Dondero? Why's he such a prick?

Here is what that New York Times article from July said:

Dondero claims that Paul’s vote to authorize force in Afghanistan was made only after warnings from a longtime staffer that voting otherwise would cost him Victoria, a pivotal city in his district. (“Completely false,” Paul says.) One day just after the Iraq invasion, when Dondero was driving Paul around the district, the two had words. “He said he did not want to have someone on staff who did not support him 100 percent on foreign policy,” Dondero recalls. Paul says Dondero’s outspoken enthusiasm for the military’s “shock and awe” strategy made him an awkward spokesman for an antiwar congressman. The two parted on bad terms.

Full article: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/22/magazine/22Paul-t.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&ref=magazine&pagewanted=all

ksuguy
11-15-2007, 12:01 AM

Dondero is notorious. Everyone that comes into contact with him ends up hating him. He's been around the internet for a long time and he ends up making enemies wherever he goes.

theseus51
11-15-2007, 12:04 AM
From my understanding, Eric Donerdo is basically a libertarian who likes the war (no idea how that's possible). Ron Paul fired him, and Donerdo has been making up lies trying to smear Ron Paul ever since. He's also been trying to oust Ron Paul and take his seat (not bloody likely).

Tidewise
11-15-2007, 12:29 AM

I voted for Ron Paul in my very first election and now I am back with a vengeance :D

Once you go Ron Paul, you never go back!

OReich
11-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, I know a friend of a friend who liked Ron Paul until he found out Ron Paul was a creationist, which he apparently has personal issues with. I've gotta be honest with you, though, and I don't mean to offend creationists...

Fiat money is a lot dumber than creationism.

Oh, and creationists don't steal my f*cking money.

OReich
11-15-2007, 12:35 AM
Oh, oh, I think this is really relevant to this thread: I know someone who agrees the Federal Reserve is a scam, but doesn't like Paul because of his foreign policy, which just baffles me. To recognize the Federal Reserve is a scam is to distrust anyone in high seats of power in this country. I like to think that even if I disagreed with Paul on every other issue, I'd still be a Paul supporter over the Fed, but luckily supporting Paul is an easy choice for me cuz I'm a libertarian :).

michaelwise
11-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Funny thing about Ron Paul devotees, They will not vote for any other candidate, period. Am I wrong in this assumption, or is it just me? What does the GOP think about this issue?

nexalacer
11-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Well, I know a friend of a friend who liked Ron Paul until he found out Ron Paul was a creationist, which he apparently has personal issues with. I've gotta be honest with you, though, and I don't mean to offend creationists...

Uhh, I haven't heard that one... I'm pretty sure he believes in evolution... I think he was the only one to not raise his hand at a debate when they asked who does not believe in evolution.

Magsec
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Apparently the "bogus" straw poll at the end of that one Values Voter Debate (that included John Cox and Alan Keyes) showed that RP lost 9 or so supporters to the other candidates....I think they caved to pressure.

navi
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Uhh, I haven't heard that one... I'm pretty sure he believes in evolution... I think he was the only one to not raise his hand at a debate when they asked who does not believe in evolution.

He wasn't the only one not to raise his hand but he does believe in evolution. Lately I've been hearing people smear him with this creationist nonsense and I really wonder where it came from.

ConstitutionGal
11-15-2007, 12:39 AM
I've heard two people say the supported Dr. Paul until they found out he wanted to end the war in Iraq. I'm still trying to bring one of them back into the light but I've given up on the other one (for now). They're both folks who have bought into the 'we have to fight them over there' garbage and, sadly, there are a LOT of those folks out there thanks to the chickenhawks like Shamity and Limpbaugh.

Furis
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm fairly certain that he does believe in Creation, don't quote me on it though.

As a Creationist I have no problem with this at all, hell if he believes we were brought here by aliens (extraterrestrials) I wouldn't care. HE IS THE ONLY ONE FIT TO BE PRESIDENT!!!

literatim
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
The funny thing is that one of the statements I see the most from Anti-Paul people is "I bet most of his supporters don't know what else he stands for." It's just strange. Nobody can seem to argue any of his points(with the exception of moving to the gold standard, but that's economic theory, so it's a given there will be arguments). All I ever seem to receive is being called names or lines such as the above or other grossly inaccurate generalizations("he's a racist, a bigot, etc."). I even saw a comment today that said Dr. Paul was inconsistent. *blink* There are some real trolls out in the world.

It's funny because constantly on reddit and Digg you have antis posting up various things about Ron Paul as if to inform us that he wants to cut the Department of Education. It is the liberal-side of these online communities being dumbfounded that there was a conservative side since we all hate Bush.

He wasn't the only one not to raise his hand but he does believe in evolution. Lately I've been hearing people smear him with this creationist nonsense and I really wonder where it came from.

The evolution question fielded was if he believed in evolution, period. A really poor question. I believe in evolution--at least micro-evolution. Macro-evolution is a completely different thing.

Tidewise
11-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Well, I know a friend of a friend who liked Ron Paul until he found out Ron Paul was a creationist ... /snip

Ron Paul is NOT a creationist. There is a youtube video that freeze frames the candidates after they were asked if they believed in creationism. Brownback, Tancredo and Huckabee were the only three that raised their hands.

Nobody who is a creationist should ever be president. Simple.

navi
11-15-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm fairly certain that he does believe in Creation, don't quote me on it though.

As a Creationist I have no problem with this at all, hell if he believes we were brought here by aliens (extraterrestrials) I wouldn't care. HE IS THE ONLY ONE FIT TO BE PRESIDENT!!!

Someone emailed the campaign and they responded by saying that he believes in evolution.

Of course he believes in a Creator but it would be silly of him to dismiss all the evidence that we have of evolution. Most people who don't believe in evolution don't have the scientific knowledge or background to refute it but they try their hardest anyway.

I don't want to get into an evolution/creationism debate but I'm glad he's not a creationist.

Furis
11-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Someone emailed the campaign and they responded by saying that he believes in evolution.

Hey look, the answer.

work2win
11-15-2007, 12:55 AM
You have a better chance of finding a three-headed chupacabra dressed like Santa Claus than a "former" Ron Paul supporter.

stewie3128
11-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Since when is Ron Paul a creationist?

literatim
11-15-2007, 01:40 AM

Yes, and that is a generic question. If someone asked me if I believe in evolution, I would tell them yes. If someone asked me if I believed in macro-evolution, I would tell them no.

Of course he believes in a Creator but it would be silly of him to dismiss all the evidence that we have of evolution. Most people who don't believe in evolution don't have the scientific knowledge or background to refute it but they try their hardest anyway.

I don't want to get into an evolution/creationism debate but I'm glad he's not a creationist.

I guarantee you that anyone who believes in macro-evolution have never read all the scientific evidence opposing it.

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/newsletters.htm

Since when is Ron Paul a creationist?

Since he became Christian.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 04:02 AM

because he needs an ass whoopin' ;) I hope someone gives that guy a good one

yongrel
11-15-2007, 07:09 AM
ahahaha

on Dondero's blog, he has a quote from RP:

"Eric, your enthusiasm for liberty is infectious. Stay that way. Your help is deeply appreciated." -- US Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX)

Ahahahaha!!

What a little bugger.

http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com/2007/04/fred-thompson-pro-choice-republican.html

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 07:10 AM
I hope theres no "former" supporters, haven't seen any...

walt
11-15-2007, 07:19 AM
In my opinion, Ron Paul supporters know the positions held by their candidate better than the supporters of the other candidates. I say this based on my online discussions (between Paul supporters, Paul sympatizers, and Paul opponents) where I find that there's a lot of (often enlightening) talk about Ron Paul's positions but when the positions of other candidates are brought up, there's rarely any depth to the discussions.

Assuming that the average Ron Paul supporter is indeed familiar with Paul's views, I have to assume that there are very few "former" Paul supporters (ala Eric Dondero, I guess).

This leads me to believe that we will continue to grow the size of this revolution as the weeks turn into months. I no longer have any doubt that Paul will do very well in New Hampshire, (I even think he could actually win in New Hampshire, which to me means he has a shot to go all the way) and with the money we've donated over the past few months, with the ads that money will allow the campaign to run, December 16th still coming, and someone like John Zogby predicting a good Paul finish in New Hampshire, my thoughts about this monumental event in my life are growing more and more positive.

There may not be any "former" Paul supporters, but there are still plenty of "future" Paul supporters.

Let's do this thing!

When I was at the 44th ward event having discussions after the event. not one person could articulate why they supported the war. Maybe we should just start asking "why do you support the war? I'd like to appreciate your point of view."
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36454&highlight=44th

Bradley in DC
11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Yes, he goes by the name "Dondero."

Godbag
11-15-2007, 09:18 AM
dondero sounds like a snivelling little worm... maybe we should refer to him as wormtongue... and i wouldnt have thought someone as rational as Dr Paul would believe in creationism...

enjerth
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Now I've heard it both ways. People turning away from him because he's evolutionist and people turning away from him because he's a creationist.

I really don't know which one is right. I don't care, either. He's the only one that has real answers.

enjerth
11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
And if Ron Paul admits he's a creationist? I guess we'll have our first confirmed former Ron Paul supporter.

Nobody who is a creationist should ever be president. Simple.

Santana28
11-15-2007, 01:24 PM
The former meetup corrdinator of the Dayton Ohio Ron Paul meetup group supposedly stepped down because he became a Dennis Kucinish supporter.... or at least, thats what the email he sent out said. I have no idea whats going on now.

Bradley in DC
11-15-2007, 02:16 PM
i wouldnt have thought someone as rational as Dr Paul would believe in creationism...

What on earth are you talking about?

dsentell
11-15-2007, 02:21 PM
You have a better chance of finding a three-headed chupacabra dressed like Santa Claus than a "former" Ron Paul supporter.

:eek:

LOL, that's a gem!!

:D

nexalacer
11-16-2007, 07:08 AM
What on earth are you talking about?

Why do you ask this question? I think his statement is fairly clear...

OReich
11-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Now I've heard it both ways. People turning away from him because he's evolutionist and people turning away from him because he's a creationist.

I really don't know which one is right. I don't care, either. He's the only one that has real answers.

Sorry, turns out I was wrong; someone on this thread pointed out that he didn't raise his hand at the Ft. Lauderdale Values Voters Debate when the candidates were asked if they believed in Creationism. I forget where I originally heard Ron Paul was a creationist, I guess it was a misquote. It didn't surprise me because it doesn't contradict anything I've ever heard him say about politics/economics/social theory.

Well, now that he's not a creationist again, I need to get in touch with that friend of a friend and create a former former Ron Paul supporter.

davidkachel
11-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I am a former Ron Paul supporter!
That's right. I decided not to support Ron Paul because I discovered I don't like his shoes and his stance on... um, that thing.
Anyway, rather than vote to regain my liberty which really isn't all that important to me (but "that thing" really is), I've decided to vote for a candidate (to be chosen on election day) who I know for a fact shares my views on "that thing". Yes, I know every candidate except Ron Paul is waiting breathlessly for the opportunity to slip his/her feet into that jack boot already pressed heavily against my neck and step down even harder, crushing some bone this time. But I will have "that thing"!

Are there any ex Ron Paul supporters!!? What a silly question. Of course there are. They're called MORONS.
Ron Paul is a ONE ISSUE candidate and that issue is LIBERTY. You may be opposed to some aspect of his stand on a lesser issue such as immigration, but that is just a facet of the single issue of liberty. I am not entirely in agreement with his take on immigration. In fact I am strongly opposed to his no-birthright citizenship stance (don't start a discussion on this with me please, it is not the subject of this thread), but it would be monumentally stupid of me to decide to vote away my liberty by picking Hillagiuliobamacainrom who might agree with my stand on this issue but who also uses the Constitution for toilet paper.
No wait, there was one guy who was opposed to everything Ron Paul stands for. What was his name??? Oh yeah, Benedict Arnold.

ProBlue33
11-17-2007, 02:41 PM
The question that needs to asked is simply

"Dr. Paul do you believe the earth and all life on it was created in 6, 24 hour days?"

YES or NO

Since he is doctor no, I think he will say no.

I believe in creation just not the 6x24 theory, that is false.

RonPaulForLife
11-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I am now officially a former Paul supporter.
I'm gonna make a new thread about it but it concerns racist comments he made in the past.

Paulitician
11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm gonna make a new thread about it but it concerns racist comments he made in the past.
Which has been debunked, and is mere hearsay anyway.

Yes, I've met one former Ron Paul supporter who voted for him in 1988. He would vote for him again, "if only Ron Paul understood the threat of islamofascism." I'm not kidding. The guy is symphatic to his constitutional/libertarian positions, but thinks that non-interventionism will be the end of the world, or end of America, or someting. We should be the policemen of the world, he says. It our duty. He has swallowed the neo-con Kool-Aid. It's quite sad. And when I tried to argue foreign policy with him, he just tossed red herrings at me.

RonPaulForLife
11-17-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm now officially a former former Paul supporter.

Tenbatsu
11-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Ron Paul for Life. If you did a little research you would realize Ron Paul did not write that article. That is all.

davidkachel
11-17-2007, 06:03 PM

Which begs the question, "why are you still here"?
Is it possible you never were a Ron Paul supporter and are just here on behalf of someone else to stir up trouble? I believe that's called being a troll?

Since no one, not even a Giuliani supporter, could possibly be stupid enough to believe that silly and OLD accusation of racism, it is not possible YOU actually believe it, which makes you a plant, and a pathetically obvious one at that.

Why don't you go away and come back with another user name and a new plan. I know, you could try the "he's an isolationist" ploy, or how about, "he doesn't support the troops" or maybe "he's not patriotic". You'll think of something. But don't be disappointed if you get spotted just as easily.

dircha
11-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm now officially a former former Paul supporter.

Then why are you posting in Ron Paul Grassroots Central?

If you want to continue posting about this issue, you should provide evidence to back up your claim, not just a small time newspaper article schilling for Congressman Paul's opponent.

Congressman Paul denies that he had anything to do with those statements and has disavowed them. Multiple mainstream media outlets have reviewed the issue and found Ron Paul's response credible.

Ultimately at the end of the day you need to make the evaluation yourself based on the information available.

But if you have already come to the conclusion that Congressman Paul is lying, and will no longer support him, then it is time for you to move along and cease your participation in this forum.

gornandez@yahoo.com
11-17-2007, 06:07 PM
chillax, ronpaulforlife. back in may when i was just finding out about RP i was stopped cold by this too, but if you dig you find out it doesnt have legs. the statements made in that newsletter werent representative of Paul's views then, and arent what were about today.

AdoubleR
11-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Not sure if he has come back around, but the guy that made the wicked Ron Paul Rap Song "Ron Paul 2008.com"'s myspace was indicating he supported Obama via comments he left on there personally... Maybe he got hacked, but that's the only example I can think of...

Roy Shivers Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/royshiversrap

JosephTheLibertarian
11-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Not sure if he has come back around, but the guy that made the wicked Ron Paul Rap Song "Ron Paul 2008.com"'s myspace was indicating he supported Obama via comments he left on there personally... Maybe he got hacked, but that's the only example I can think of...

Roy Shivers Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/royshiversrap

I'll message him. ;)

schmeisser
11-17-2007, 06:18 PM
As this movement becomes larger, you will find an increasing amount of hit and run supporters that will latch on to a particular issue they agree with and briefly support Dr. Paul. After they dig deeper and find that Dr. Paul does not believe the force of government should be wielded to achieve those aims, they will no longer support him.

Those people do not believe in individual liberty at their core and IMHO we do not want/need them in our camp unless they truly want to learn more about why we believe the way we do.

Ron Paul Fan
11-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Yep. People will come in for a little while and try to gain trust, and then BAM they'll post some dirt on Ron Paul and divide the forum. This is what RonPaulforLife has done and others will do the same. They're only here to try and convince real Ron Paul supporters to switch candidates. Do not listen to them and don't give them more fuel to add to their fires.

AdoubleR
11-17-2007, 06:27 PM
I'll message him. ;)

thanks...

Kalash
11-17-2007, 06:28 PM
My roommate is very anti-Ron Paul.

He's voting Democratic. Period.
Unless it's Kucinich v. Romney - then he's voting for Romney.

Talk about imbalanced.

Anyway...

He's stated that Ron Paul's supporters do not understand his positions - that I'm not normal because I DO understand his positions.

I challenged him on that - but he wouldn't budge.

I really think that all Ron Paul supporters are better educated/more independent than ANY other candidate's supporters (on average).

Even the die hard Fred Heads when - in non-emotional debate on Myspace's forums - left.
Without reason.
Right after accepting my challenge for open debate.

They acknowledged that I made a few good points and would respond, then posted that they were permamently leaving the group.

Education is a GREAT thing.
Spread the awareness and FACTS - not the name.

Make people THINK.

That is going to be our biggest hurdle - getting people to look past the FOR/AGAINST and have them see the REASON behind that stance.

Kalash
11-17-2007, 06:31 PM
As for the racism comments...
And a few others...

http://slander.revolutioni.st

Check that site out.

I'm trying to get people into gear writing new articles for the current smear campaigns.

Hopefully I'll have a few to post soon.
If you want to write one, PLEASE DO!
And send it to
mike AT revolutioni DOT st

If you want an @revolutioni.st email address for your efforts, send a username request with your article.
I'll send you back a temporary password.
As long as I own the domain, that email address is yours - for free.

bbartlog
11-17-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm also interested if there's any Ron Paul supporters from 1988 who are now coming back

Yup. First election I ever voted in (I was 20 then) I voted for Ron Paul. It's good to see him once more, only this time with an army at his back.

dircha
11-17-2007, 06:36 PM

He's voting Democratic. Period.
Unless it's Kucinich v. Romney - then he's voting for Romney.

Talk about imbalanced.

Did I read that right?! Democratic, period, but prefers Romney to Kucinich?

Well now you've got me really interested. Is it because he hates Kucinich, or because he loves Romney?

davidkachel
11-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm also interested if there's any Ron Paul supporters from 1988 who are now coming back

Yup. First election I ever voted in (I was 20 then) I voted for Ron Paul. It's good to see him once more, only this time with an army at his back.

Isn't an army a whole lot smaller than what Ron Paul has? <grin>

davidkachel
11-17-2007, 06:44 PM

Just keep pounding home liberty and the Constitution. But remember, there are people in the world, a LOT of people, who prefer to be slaves. Stupid I know, but true.

DRV45N05
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
A couple of people in my UNC Students for Ron Paul chapter has dropped their support. One of them is a liberal freshman girl who said that she can't accept Ron's idea that a "Separation of Church and State isn't guaranteed by the Constitution," didn't like the fact that he would roll back environmental regulations, and didn't like the fact that he voted against the divestment from Darfur legislation. However, she said that she is still open to supporting him down the road, but just wasn't ready to firmly commit anymore. Being an economics and math double-major, I'm working on her on the economic issues, and she admits that she still doesn't understand them that well.

The other is a hugely anarcho-capitalist who said that he can't support him because of Ron's positions on abortion, immigration, and the "Separation of Church and State" article. I've tried reasoning with him, but he wouldn't budge.

Ethek
11-17-2007, 07:15 PM
My observation to people who bring up disagreements on Dr. Pauls positions is that he is the most honest man in the race. His views give an opportunity for everyone to be heard without the fear of special interest money influencing him.

If people only care about their interests and being able to foist them on others then they should have more leverage when matters are able to be decided locally.