PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Ron Paul delegates blocked by corrupt committee chairman

Tumn1s
04-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Repost from the Dailypaul:

Apparently the chair of the GOP in the 3rd District of Virginia is actively going out of his way to subvert the rules of the republican party in a pathetic attempt to corrupt the electoral process and block Ron Paul delegates from even being considered. Here's a conversation our local supporter had with him regarding nominating our delegates:

Page 1 - http://oi44.tinypic.com/x6fpn8.jpg

Page 2 - http://oi43.tinypic.com/2vi2oo5.jpg

VictorB
04-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Someone light up the Ben Swann "batman" light...

tremendoustie
04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Not suprising. These corrupt insiders need to be voted out of office.

But yeah, in the mean time, abuses of power should be publicized, and investigated by honest journalists like Mr. Swann, and those perpetrating the abuse should feel the heat/pressure.

eleganz
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
So when I write this bloke should I be nice? Seems from the script that he doesn't want to share his playground so we must kick him out. What are the plans of action? We don't want to hurt the legal case by doing damage to our guys in Virginia.

PaulSoHard
04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
It's sad that the party itself isn't doing anything about the situation.

sailingaway
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Don't rant at him. If you don't live there he doesn't care what you think. Thwart him film him, but don't give him ammunition to use against US

V3n
04-12-2012, 02:05 PM
He says we are lunatics but that he wants to punch a 76-year-old man in the face.

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Agree

satchelmcqueen
04-12-2012, 03:05 PM
id like for ron to show up and ask him to punch him now.

Keith and stuff
04-12-2012, 03:25 PM
This is yet another reason New Hampshire is considered the most important primary in the nation. In NH, where perhaps primaries started and certainly, where they became famous, the delegates are selected by the campaigns, months before the primary. Everyone knows what's happening. It is 100% transparent.

People think they can beat corrupt GOP insiders at there own games. Sure, sometimes it is possible but it isn't a viable long term strategy and not even that useful in the short term. The majority of people, even Republican primary/caucus voters, do not want freedom. They will not support freedom candidates. It's just that simple.

Ron Paul is collecting some delegates. This very well developed strategies are working some of the time. However, I'm pretty sure some of the rules will change. The establishment will make if harder for someone, like Rand Paul for example, to follow a similar strategy in the future. IMO, the best way to go about it in the future is to try to encourage your local Republican party to go to a transparent system that is easy to understand. IMO, it will build trust in the GOP, something that is majorly lacking in places like ME, NV, ND and MO.

Kodaddy
04-12-2012, 03:29 PM
By day, he is mild-mannered reporter Ben Swann, but beware criminal tyrants;
at night he becomes 'the BlackSwan'! ...

Crystallas
04-12-2012, 03:39 PM
He says we are lunatics but that he wants to punch a 76-year-old man in the face.

He would break his hand.

VCU for Ron Paul
04-12-2012, 03:52 PM
That Woodfin fella is an absolute maniacal sociopath so full of irrationality and narcissism that I think he might be Bill O'reilly's brother. He came on Christ Stearns facebook status and was being an idiot saying things like 'that's what you get', and I heard a little more about the situation in VA from Chris Stearns at a YFRP meeting at my school. disgusting.

thoughtomator
04-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I might look into getting the 3rd CD delegates disqualified at the state convention. If they want to play it this way, it's going to be long, drawn-out, and as ugly as it needs to be.

nobody's_hero
04-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Changing the bulb, give me a second.

Ivash
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Ron Paul is collecting some delegates. This very well developed strategies are working some of the time. However, I'm pretty sure some of the rules will change. The establishment will make if harder for someone, like Rand Paul for example, to follow a similar strategy in the future. IMO, the best way to go about it in the future is to try to encourage your local Republican party to go to a transparent system that is easy to understand. IMO, it will build trust in the GOP, something that is majorly lacking in places like ME, NV, ND and MO.

I'd actually love to see the current delegate system abolished completely. I currently favor a 'every district gets x amount of delegates depending on how many people voted in it, and whoever won that district wins the lot'.

I've been tempted to try and get the RNC to change this, but the current delegate system is pretty ingrained there. It is a way for campaigns to reward low-level supporters (no person angling for a ambassadorship would ever consider being a delegate).

helmuth_hubener
04-12-2012, 05:00 PM
But Keith, the only reason someone like Ron Paul can do well in NH is because it is so small and they have so much time in which to campaign there.

If things went your proposed direction and more states went to primaries, it would be that much more impossible for a non-establishment, non-super-rich candidate to have any chance of competing. If the nominee were decided via one big (transparent!) nationwide primary all held on the same day, would that help or hurt a Ron Paul? I think it clearly would hurt.

No, I think things should go the opposite direction: more convoluted processes, more hours upon hours of sitting through meetings required in order to vote. More caucuses, fewer primaries. We have the committed cadre so we can compete in caucuses. What we don't have is massive herds of (elderly) people who vote as part of their religion. So, we can't compete in primaries without massive effort and other good factors. Advantage: caucus.

kathy88
04-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I'd call a friendly local reporter and give him the DIRECT QUOTE. Let it build from there. He'll have to resign and it may get some attention.

kathy88
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
By day, he is mild-mannered reporter Ben Swann, but beware criminal tyrants;
at night he becomes 'the BlackSwan'! ...

I see a theme with this Black Swan thing...

DerailingDaTrain
04-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Guy needs some soap in his mouth.

Phyxrgon
04-12-2012, 05:32 PM
i would tell him he is a disgusting foul mouthed pig + that he should be locked up + kicked out of gop, a disgrace to all virginians... coming from one who was born in virginia beach and lives out of state now.

kathy88
04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Does this need to hit Twitter or should we wait and see what happens?

Keith and stuff
04-12-2012, 10:19 PM
But Keith, the only reason someone like Ron Paul can do well in NH is because it is so small and they have so much time in which to campaign there.

Potentially. Ron Paul certainly wasn't the most frequent campaigner in NH though. Buddy, Huntsman and Romney all spent a lot more time in NH. Paul, Huntsman and Romney all did well due to their moderate ideas and ability to connect with the voters. Voters figured out Buddy was a kook. I'm not really debating this one way or another and I don't think it is related to the point I made.

If things went your proposed direction and more states went to primaries, it would be that much more impossible for a non-establishment, non-super-rich candidate to have any chance of competing. If the nominee were decided via one big (transparent!) nationwide primary all held on the same day, would that help or hurt a Ron Paul? I think it clearly would hurt.
I don't know what the difference between impossible and much more impossible is. I'm not only looking for pro-liberty people to win. I'm also looking for other things like ease of use and transparency. I nationwide primary would defeat the whole purpose of spread out primaries, IMO. I like the idea of candidates being vetting by the people.

No, I think things should go the opposite direction: more convoluted processes, more hours upon hours of sitting through meetings required in order to vote. More caucuses, fewer primaries. We have the committed cadre so we can compete in caucuses.
That's certainly not a process I want to be a part of it. Heck, I would never encourage anyone to be a part of it unless I was getting paid to encourage them to... :)

helmuth_hubener
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't know what the difference between impossible and much more impossible is. LOL, very good point!

That's certainly not a process I want to be a part of it. Heck, I would never encourage anyone to be a part of it unless I was getting paid to encourage them to... :) Ha, ha, nope, I'm not getting paid. And certainly it's not a lot of fun to be a part of time-wasting meetings. But what about time-wasting stuff that goes with primaries, like canvassing?

I'm just looking at things dispassionately and asking "what system plays to our strengths?" The answer is clear: caucuses. We might only have a million people, but we are a zealous, committed million -- we can get all million to sit through caucus meetings and win it all! Because having pro-liberty people and measures win *is* *my* only priority. Liberty: my only political priority. That's it. That's all I want. Very simple.

I'm not only looking for pro-liberty people to win.

Bohner
04-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Please guys, no Ben Swann, and no twitter bombs on this one.

Video/Audio recordings and charts are one thing... But this is a typical "he said she said" predicament. Making a big deal over hearsay accusations is not going to do the Paul campaign any favors.

Pick your battles guys.

orenbus
04-12-2012, 10:47 PM
RT

https://twitter.com/#!/TheLoneCoyote/status/190659943173591040

VAMole
04-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I might look into getting the 3rd CD delegates disqualified at the state convention. If they want to play it this way, it's going to be long, drawn-out, and as ugly as it needs to be.

Remember that Units elect delegates to District and State conventions - according to Chris Stearns, the delegates to state are fine, it was simply the delegates to the district convention that were not elected.

VAMole
04-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Please guys, no Ben Swann, and no twitter bombs on this one.

Video/Audio recordings and charts are one thing... But this is a typical "he said she said" predicament. Making a big deal over hearsay accusations is not going to do the Paul campaign any favors.

Pick your battles guys.

Dude, Chris Stearns is the state campaign coordinator. Also, the convention that our people were disqualified to attend is the only convention in the state that is electing delegates bound to Dr. Paul. We'll pick this battle, thanks.

Keith and stuff
04-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Ha, ha, nope, I'm not getting paid. And certainly it's not a lot of fun to be a part of time-wasting meetings. But what about time-wasting stuff that goes with primaries, like canvassing?

I wasn't suggesting you were getting paid :)

I don't consider canvassing or calling people to be time wasting. To me, it is slowing changing hearts and minds.

devil21
04-12-2012, 11:26 PM
If the story is true, and I wouldn't doubt it is, then every last illegally disqualified Paul delegate needs to show up at the convention and make a stink. Make allies with other delegates at the convention and have them motion (and second), then have a vote (and call for division...standing vote) under Robert's Rules to have your delegates certified. Put the chairman on the spot and make him accountable for his bullshit in front of the entire convention!

There's a video floating around here somewhere of a similar situation that arose at another county convention where Paul delegates were disqualified by the credentials committee over alleged registration issues and they were then voted onto the delegate roster by motion, second and division vote. Was it Minnesota? I can't remember. Ill try to find it. If anyone has it handy please post it up. Beat the cheating bastard with the Rules.

Here it is. Oklahoma County.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qttaZOoW0nA&feature=player_embedded

J_White
04-12-2012, 11:44 PM
this guy wants to punch Paul ? he hasnt seen this video ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge1HdXd6Bdg

pathetic response from a typical necon establishment hack !

ClydeCoulter
04-12-2012, 11:55 PM
If the story is true, and I wouldn't doubt it is, then every last illegally disqualified Paul delegate needs to show up at the convention and make a stink. Make allies with other delegates at the convention and have them motion (and second), then have a vote (and call for division...standing vote) under Robert's Rules to have your delegates certified. Put the chairman on the spot and make him accountable for his bullshit in front of the entire convention!

There's a video floating around here somewhere of a similar situation that arose at another county convention where Paul delegates were disqualified by the credentials committee over alleged registration issues and they were then voted onto the delegate roster by motion, second and division vote. Was it Minnesota? I can't remember. Ill try to find it. If anyone has it handy please post it up. Beat the cheating bastard with the Rules.

Here it is. Oklahoma County.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qttaZOoW0nA&feature=player_embedded

^^^ THIS ^^^^ Hang in there :)

devil21
04-13-2012, 12:18 PM
If someone has a direct connection to the person in the OP's conversation, please forward him the information in my post! They can still win. DON'T GIVE UP!

G-Wohl
04-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Ah, a former lobbyist, this Chris M. Woodfin is. http://www.vpap.org/lobbyists/lobbyist_details/93571?lobbying_client_id=146028&period=2008-2009

kathy88
04-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Anything else on this today?

EndTheFed
04-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Ya know....

Ron Paul should call a press conference (in the near future at the right time) and say because the corruption in the GOP and the
media bias and the likes of Mark Levin... I have decided to run 3rd party.

At that conference have a list of the examples of all this and web address of a new web site that chronicles all of this crap..

An I am not really a 3rd party run fan but this is crap...

devil21
04-14-2012, 01:13 PM
bump

Was anybody able to get a hold of the coordinator in the OP and pass on the information how to beat the cheater?

Blue
04-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I bet Ron would duck this foul mouthed neo-con's punch and then deliver an uppercut of liberty right to his chin.

kathy88
04-14-2012, 02:06 PM
What kind of person threatens to punch a septegenarian in the face? I wish this would go viral. He needs to resign in disgrace.

wgadget
04-14-2012, 03:01 PM
What kind of person threatens to punch a septegenarian in the face? I wish this would go viral. He needs to resign in disgrace.

A septuagenarian sitting US Congressman, no less.

Despicable.

kathy88
04-14-2012, 03:21 PM
A septuagenarian sitting US Congressman, no less.

Despicable.

He's a CONGRESSMAN? Wow. Next time RP goes for a vote he ought to call this guy out... "hey, I read on the internet you want to take a shot at me... come get it tough guy"
lol

Paul Or Nothing II
04-15-2012, 02:02 AM

+1

Do it! :D

No, I think things should go the opposite direction: more convoluted processes, more hours upon hours of sitting through meetings required in order to vote. More caucuses, fewer primaries. We have the committed cadre so we can compete in caucuses. What we don't have is massive herds of (elderly) people who vote as part of their religion. So, we can't compete in primaries without massive effort and other good factors. Advantage: caucus.

LOL, very good point!

Ha, ha, nope, I'm not getting paid. And certainly it's not a lot of fun to be a part of time-wasting meetings. But what about time-wasting stuff that goes with primaries, like canvassing?

I'm just looking at things dispassionately and asking "what system plays to our strengths?" The answer is clear: caucuses. We might only have a million people, but we are a zealous, committed million -- we can get all million to sit through caucus meetings and win it all! Because having pro-liberty people and measures win *is* *my* only priority. Liberty: my only political priority. That's it. That's all I want. Very simple.

+1

I agree, the process of caucases is more transparent than primaries, in primaries they can simply rig the machines & everything & remember, the guy in Maine found out about the whole thing because he actually knew the numbers were being misreported, you might not have that sort of thing in an electronic primary

And what caucases ensure is that those willing to expend money, time & effort on the process have the loudest voice, that's how it should be, that's what would allow an irate minority to change things in the face of stupid & tyrannical majority