PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: 'We have a revolution to fight, a country to change'

stu2002
04-12-2012, 10:23 AM
By Anna M. Tinsley
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram

FORT WORTH -- U.S. Rep. Ron Paul isn't getting out of the presidential race anytime soon.

But the Lake Jackson doctor did say that fellow Republican Rick Santorum's decision to suspend his campaign has led many to ask Paul about his plans.

"There were 12 [GOP candidates] at one time. Now there are three," he told a standing-room-only crowd at the 2,856-seat Will Rogers Auditorium on Wednesday night. "It looks like we are cutting the field down.

"They ask me if I'm going to quit. I thought we were just getting started. We have a revolution to fight, a country to change."

Paul, who trails Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, reiterated his themes of limited government, personal liberty and a balanced budget.

He said that troops should come home, that government should be reduced, that the Patriot Act should be repealed, that foreign policy interactions should decrease, and that the middle class needs to stop shrinking and stop becoming poorer. As for the nation's healthcare plan, "the easiest thing is to repeal the whole thing and start all over," he said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/12/2744130/ron-paul-we-have-a-revolution.html#storylink=cpy

FSP-Rebel
04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Paul, who trails Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, reiterated his themes of limited government, personal liberty and a balanced budget.
Even if true, the average conservative has to wonder why those themes are 'trailing' in a GOP primary.

ClydeCoulter
04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
"They ask me if I'm going to quit. I thought we were just getting started. We have a revolution to fight, a country to change."

Go to InToWin2012.com (http://www.InToWin2012.com) to see how you can help in the fight. Scroll down the page there to promote this money bomb and make it the largest in history !

stu2002
04-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Even if true, the average conservative has to wonder why those themes are 'trailing' in a GOP primary.

+1