PDA

View Full Version : Suggest dates for the next money bomb.

Pride
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Anyone want to brainstorm some ideas for the next bomb, after the 16th? I think it would a good idea to keep with the idea of revolution. Here is my suggestion:

3rd of February - Benjamin Franklin writes petition calling for end to slavery (1790)

Well, I think this is a good date as this is a simile to us being slaves to our government.

literatim
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Kind of way too early to begin discussing this. We need to focus on December 16th first.

Edward
11-14-2007, 10:17 PM
3rd of February - Benjamin Franklin writes petition calling for end to slavery (1790)I can appreciate wanting to keep the ball rolling, but I think it's too early to decide. February 3rd is not a good idea because it won't get much press on February 4th... the day before Super Tuesday. The media is going to be talking about a lot of other things that day.

constitutional
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
We need to reach December 16th first. I hate when people create thissomethingxth.com idea and tell people to donate on that day. WE NEED TO COLLABORATE HERE FIRST.

Maybe we should take a different approach to raising money efficiently after 16th.

jgmaynard
11-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I heard the idea bandied about of a New Years Eve money bomb - Last-minute donations to send the 4th quarter through the freaky-deaky roof! Can you IMAGINE if we out fundraise either Obama or dare I dream..... her??? For the entire quarter???

JM

Chester Copperpot
11-14-2007, 10:26 PM
January 17th.... Ben Franklin's Birthday... Enough time for people to save AND enough time for the effect to help for the Super Tuesday Feb. 5th primaries.

schmeisser
11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
I may be a minority here, but I think December 16th should be the LAST money bomb. It will be the last one that I participate in and I will again donate more than the $100 pledge. I will still donate each time the campaign asks or give small donations weekly.

I expect this one to be huge, and any additional attempts will be a disappointment and have decreasing media impact. We must concentrate on our other efforts and provide the campaign a steady stream of cash throughout the rest of the primary season.

There are so many creative people around here, certainly we can find some other big impact projects to work on?

my .02

Chester Copperpot
11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
I heard the idea bandied about of a New Years Eve money bomb - Last-minute donations to send the 4th quarter through the freaky-deaky roof! Can you IMAGINE if we out fundraise either Obama or dare I dream..... her??? For the entire quarter???

JM

Thats a good idea if we do over 10 million on Dec. 16th. Imagine we hit $20 million for the quarter. nobody will touch us

ronpaulyourmom
11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Like I said before, we should drop the themes at that point, and focus our money bombs (or other 'promotional' events) around primary dates. I mentioned 2-3 days before the NH primary as a good date for an event, try to get some headlines just as people head for the polls. Make a statement that we're in this to win.

Austin
11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Focus on the 16th. I think they should be at least a month apart, however. People's wallets need recovery time.

fcofer
11-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Like I said before, we should drop the themes at that point, and focus our money bombs (or other 'promotional' events) around primary dates. I mentioned 2-3 days before the NH primary as a good date for an event, try to get some headlines just as people head for the polls. Make a statement that we're in this to win.

Very good point, although the effectiveness of a money bomb depends to an extent on how well it can be marketed, IMO.

conner_condor
11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
How about a so called top tiers Bday?:D:D:D

Doug18931
11-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I agree we should plan no more money bombs after the 16th. If we hit 10 million then, how much higher would we have to go in january to make a similar splash? Instead we should focus on how to parlay the media buzz we receive after the 16th into increased primary votes. I believe the Boston tea party is a powerful brand in the American conscience, and we should milk it for as long as we can!

Kap
11-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I think we should shift focus from fundraising events to more grassroot efforts. Money bombs are great, but they are not going to help us win. Votes will.

fcofer
11-14-2007, 10:38 PM
You know, if we are going to have another money bomb after this one, it probably would be a good idea to have the date and promotion strategy planned before December 16th. Remember how Tea Party got mentioned on CNN?

I know that we intend for the 16th to be the bomb that tops all bombs, but remember that a big part of its focus is attracting people who haven't heard of RP. There will be new hordes of supporters after the 16th who will want to participate in the next bomb. Remember that we only have a fraction of the supporters today that we will have in the future!

Of course, I am NOT advocating proselytizing for another bomb other than the 16th -- just saying that threads like these are useful. Let's not wait until the 15th to plan the next money bomb -- let's hit the ground running on the 16th so that we get more free media advertisement.

Edward
Here's my standard reply to those who want to focus only on December 16th:

November 5th, November 11th, and the Tea Party all can credit their origins to the original Money Bomb (http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/), which was designed to be a weekly event involving a high number of contributors each donating a small amount of money:
To find 40,000 solid volunteers to step up to the plate and donate $25 once per week, every week, to Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign fund. 'Bombs Away' times and date will be provided to your email and posted on this website. Congressman Paul will be given a million dollar boost every single week. We are growing rapidly.

I have trouble instructing people not to contribute to other money bombs that work within that framework. I support the idea of generating $1 million within an hour once each week with smaller $25 contributions AND I support the idea of generating $10 million or more on November 16th with larger $100 contributions. I think both goals would be achievable if their were support for both.

Sematary
Anyone want to brainstorm some ideas for the next bomb, after the 16th? I think it would a good idea to keep with the idea of revolution. Here is my suggestion:

3rd of February - Benjamin Franklin writes petition calling for end to slavery (1790)

Well, I think this is a good date as this is a simile to us being slaves to our government.

January 20th (exactly one year to the day before Ron Paul is sworn in). :D

Sematary
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Thats a good idea if we do over 10 million on Dec. 16th. Imagine we hit $20 million for the quarter. nobody will touch us

We're going to hit $20m before the end of the quarter anyway. Most likely on the 16th

Paul4Prez
How about joining the weekly $25 money bombs from the RonPaulMoneyBomb.com folks? Their next donation date is Saturday, 11/17, from 1-2 PM EDT.

Another idea:

Set up a club for each day of the week, and see which club can raise the most money each week.

GayRPFan
I agree with the above post about too many money bombs. Too many and the plea for more $$ will fall on deaf ears. Best thing is to have one last money bomb, the Mother of all Money Bombs: The April 1st, 2008 Billion Dollar Money Bomb! All it takes are pledges and a gullible MSM. Imagine, the shock and awe of MSM. ;) ;) ;)

Doug18931
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Incidentally, February 3rd is also the 95th anniverasary of the ratification of the sixteenth ammendment. Just thought I'd metion...

Sematary
I agree we should plan no more money bombs after the 16th. If we hit 10 million then, how much higher would we have to go in january to make a similar splash? Instead we should focus on how to parlay the media buzz we receive after the 16th into increased primary votes. I believe the Boston tea party is a powerful brand in the American conscience, and we should milk it for as long as we can!

At that point it doesn't have to be about "the splash". It just needs to be about rallying people around a date and giving the campaign a shitload of money.

schmeisser
Set up a club for each day of the week, and see which club can raise the most money each week.

I would support something like that.

MadTheologian
11-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Would like recovery time of around 30 days...

I would like to suggest January 22nd as another potential day as this was the day when Roe V Wade was enacted. It was an unfortunate day, and Ron Paul is truly the Pro-Life candidate who would end this nightmare.

max
11-14-2007, 11:36 PM
after december 16th, money bombs will be anti-climatic......

12/16 will serve its publicity purpose and then we need to move on....

if he wins GOP primaries....then it starts all over again and we need to reload..

with the match against Hillary (or a 3rd party run) in mind, i propose April 15th...TAX DAY...

Paulitician
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM
December 31st. It's the last day of the quarter. Duh.

Jwaksman
11-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Money bombs should be before the end of the quarter. Fundraising after January 1st doesn't really matter. It will be too late to affect the most important primaries. And nobody cares about fundraising numbers after the 4th quarter, so the media won't really care to report on it.

dante
11-15-2007, 12:06 AM
We should plan on an end of the quarter push by the campaign and by the grassroots for the last 3 days of december. This will hopefully be funded and driven by mostly new donors brought in from all the press surrounding our $10 million dollar bomb on the 16th.
Secondly we need to plan on giving the doctor a big boost before super tuesday as we want to win as many states as possible and there are 20 primaries that day.
The campaign will need to know there is extra cash in the bank far enough ahead of time to be able to make the plans to spend it. I would say another large donation drive then for around the 20-21st of january. gives the campaign two weeks before super tuesday