PDA

View Full Version : How did it go in Ft. Worth last night?

Jamesiv1
04-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Ron spoke in Ft. Worth, Texas last night. Anybody know how it went? got video or articles?

Ronulus
04-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Went very well. Great speach and he is way better in person vs video. I feel like he didn't really stutter as much and did a great job and had a lot of energy. The place was filled to limit. Don't know how many people that is, but it was full. Brought my dad and mom and they really liked it.

Didn't see any media at all. There was one camera in the back and that was probably the live streaming guy. Saw no local news affiliates.

TexAg09
04-12-2012, 08:44 AM
I loved it! It was pretty enthusiastic. Ron gave a great speech of course and had some funny moments. I ended up bringing along some of my co-workers.

Like Ronulus said, there wasn't any media.......of course :rolleyes:

truthspeaker
04-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Audio's a little bad, but someone uploaded his speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e_ZDVSUa6w

goldpants
04-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Standing room only with 3000+ boisterous supporters. My first time seeing him live and it was awesome.

tfurrh
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Wife had school till noon, then she came back to the house to pick me up. I grabbed the tickets, the RP signs, and we started to head that way. I got a little out of town, and noticed we only had an eighth of a tank. We use a Murphy USA gas card (Walmart-prepay) and it usually lasts us two weeks. Since there is no Murphy USA in our town, I asked my wife why she didn't fill up when she left school. She said she did get gas, but the card only had $6 left on it. :(.....and we still have a week to go.

So, I missed last night. I was really looking forward to it. I hate being this broke. I paid off 3 monthly payments with my tax return. I quit dipping a can a day. That should have freed up quite a bit more each month. But so far I haven't seen it. Gas ↑, Food ↑, Dollar ↓....

But, on the upside, wife will be done with school, and a registered nurse in exactly one month.

sailingaway
04-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I watched the livestream and I still think the huge, raucus crowds throw off his speech timing a bit, reinforcing a rally tendency to throw applause lines rather than have a longer discussion of the issues. He did discuss issues, but as he was starting to build up to a deeper discussion he'd hit a point the crowd would go crazy over and he'd end on that note and switch to another issue.

But the crowd was LOUD. I had to turn the sound down to right above where it Xs out to 'mute' to listen to it. Over 3000 people! Again.