PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous to launch marijuana legalization movement

NewsFlash420
04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
The highly powerful internet group "Anonymous" has announced the beginning of a new marijuana legalization movement, and their inviting all of you to join on April 20th.

The organization know as Anonymous has inspired movements such as the recent "Occupy" movement, and federal organizations such as the FBI has considered them "Domestic Terrorist", for hacking media sites, cyber attacks against government offices and organizing protest rally's. However, the actions by the internet group seem to benefit citizens and only damages corrupt politics by exposing, in detail, politicians and authority officials.

Now Anonymous steps up for marijuana rights and legalization with what they are calling phase one of a new movement. They are marking it "#OpCannabis" and they are asking those whom support cannabis legalization to change their social profile picture to green (marijuana buds, leaves, joints, ect).

Known for their famous videos used to help gain momentum for their movements and causes, the group released a new video announcing #OpCannabis. The video is an announcement informing the public about the first stage to battle for the truth, rights and legalization of cannabis. The video read as follows:

"Dear Citizens of the World,

For far too long cannabis has been oppressed by big corporations, big pharma and governments when it could be benefiting all of mankind on many different levels. Continue Reading... (http://www.examiner.com/cannabis-culture-in-phoenix/anonymous-to-launch-marijuana-legalization-movement)

DamianTV
04-11-2012, 07:51 PM
(playing Devil's Advocate)

So, here is a question on Legalizing Pot...

Many people are for it. Some are against it. Many people are for it based on the idea that it could generate tax revenue. Mary Jane is a WEED. And what is a common trait that Weeds have? They grow where you dont want them to grow. They are tough. They are resililient. You want to grow a bunch of different types of weeds? Dont take care of your yard for a couple of weeks. Doesnt matter the terrain. Weather plays a fair role, but ultimately inconsequential. The plant referred to as Marijuana can grow just about anywhere. What people refer to as a "Quality Product" is a whole lot more difficult to produce, but not impossible.

So if we legalize pot, and it is just Taxed, like Tobacco and Alcohol, and everyone grows it themselves, how much revenue is generated by people that grow their own and arent paying taxes on it?

(End Devil's Advocate)

I do believe that Pot should be legalized completely. But, in all seriousness, my Devil's Advocate statement above does reflect statements that the opposition will use against us. I already have a ton of answers to overcome my own Devil's statement above, but I'd like to hear from everyone else how we can possibly make a better argument for legalizing pot.

Indy Vidual
04-11-2012, 07:55 PM
^^^
Prohibition does not work.
(Short and effective)

Lishy
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I do not usually like to comment on Anonymous, however, they have my full approval to protest for marijuana legalization!

The pot-smokers from my Visual Novel will cheer them on! ;D

However, I do not believe the "tax-revenue" idea, because that will make it illegal to grow weed.

DamianTV
04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I'll make one quick point. How much money do we spend on imprisoning people that only had a joint on them?

Stupified
04-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I'll make one quick point. How much money do we spend on imprisoning people that only had a joint on them?

You don't get jailed for a joint do you? Don't you have to have possession of over a gram (roughly) to get sentenced to prison?

Regardless - Entirely too much.

BamaAla
04-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Is it just me or has Anonymous lost some cachet over the past year?

DamianTV
04-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Unfortunately that is the biggest problem about being Anonymous. We dont have any idea if the person that made the statement today is the same person that said something else yesterday.

It extends beyond just the hacker group Anonymous into the realm of Being Anonymous. Many of us here know each other by our Surnames, but not our Real Names, and I think it is nearly a perfect balance between Privacy and being able to earn a Reputation as well.

But since the topic is about pot, jailed for one joint? Maybe the state you live in has a Three Strikes Rule, and the person arrested is on Probation. 1 joint can mean Life Sentence. Sounds to me more like Human Trafficking than a "Correctional Facility". Seriously, what do they expect to *ahem* "Correct" when it is the Law Itself that needs to be Corrected?

The Northbreather
04-11-2012, 11:57 PM
You don't get jailed for a joint do you? Don't you have to have possession of over a gram (roughly) to get sentenced to prison?

You rollin pinners? :D

TexanRudeBoy
04-12-2012, 12:04 AM

So, here is a question on Legalizing Pot...

Many people are for it. Some are against it. Many people are for it based on the idea that it could generate tax revenue. Mary Jane is a WEED. And what is a common trait that Weeds have? They grow where you dont want them to grow. They are tough. They are resililient. You want to grow a bunch of different types of weeds? Dont take care of your yard for a couple of weeks. Doesnt matter the terrain. Weather plays a fair role, but ultimately inconsequential. The plant referred to as Marijuana can grow just about anywhere. What people refer to as a "Quality Product" is a whole lot more difficult to produce, but not impossible.

So if we legalize pot, and it is just Taxed, like Tobacco and Alcohol, and everyone grows it themselves, how much revenue is generated by people that grow their own and arent paying taxes on it?

(End Devil's Advocate)

I do believe that Pot should be legalized completely. But, in all seriousness, my Devil's Advocate statement above does reflect statements that the opposition will use against us. I already have a ton of answers to overcome my own Devil's statement above, but I'd like to hear from everyone else how we can possibly make a better argument for legalizing pot.

I'd counter that people have the legal right to brew their own beer and wine yet they buy products off the market. Same with most foods, the majority of people make very little of it themselves, despite the ease and economy of it.

Some would grow it, most would buy it. Some would grow it to sell to others, becoming legitimate small businesses generating tax revenue. And before the Devil's Advocate counters that people would sell it on the black market. True, some would, but much like moonshine it would be a tiny percentage of the market. There is a black market for everything, always will be.

TexanRudeBoy
04-12-2012, 12:05 AM

Regardless - Entirely too much.

If I'm not mistaken, Texas state law says something like a "usable amount" may be prosecuted. So you can go to jail for a pinch of shake because "usable" is subjective.

Feeding the Abscess
04-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Legalize weed, don't tax it, don't regulate it. Erase any mention of it from the books.

Replace weed with _________ and repeat.

Lothario
04-12-2012, 02:27 AM
here here Feeding the Abscess.

It's so demeaning when people beg the government for cannabis legalization by offering their total willingness to submit to the slavery of cannabis taxation in any amount.

speciallyblend
04-12-2012, 03:29 AM
sorry but i do not buy it. They can join us. They are just trying to piggy back on what we have been working on for years. Great if they want to join us but they are in no way the leaders in this movement to legalize. They are starting to sound like gop est parroting our message!

presence
04-12-2012, 05:29 AM

(End Devil's Advocate) I already have a ton of answers to overcome my own Devil's statement above, but I'd like to hear from everyone else how we can possibly make a better argument for legalizing pot.

How much revenue is generated by people who renovate their own home without paying taxes on their labor?

You're talking about sweat equity in medicine and recreation. What's wrong with that? Why does everything HAVE TO be sold?

If you want to sell pot in a decriminalized state... fine start a business and pay your taxes on your earnings just like being a handyman.

DECRIMINALIZE not legalize,

presence