PDA

View Full Version : MSM: "Ron Paul to supporters: Donate now or campaign can't go on"

orenbus
04-11-2012, 05:27 PM
The Hill - Ballot Box (The Hill's Campaign Blog)
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/221101-ron-paul-to-supporters-donate-now-or-campaign-cant-go-on
Ron Paul to supporters: Donate now or campaign can't go on
By Josh Lederman - 04/11/12 06:26 PM ET

A fundraising solicitation sent by Ron Paul on Wednesday painted a frank picture of the future of his campaign: Donate now, or he may have to call it quits.
Paul has retreated from the public spotlight in recent weeks as Mitt Romney's hold over the Republican presidential nomination has grown tighter and tighter. He has scaled back his campaign-trail appearances and television interviews.

Yet unlike Rick Santorum, who dropped out of the race on Tuesday, Paul has given few previous indications that he may bow out.
"I won't mince words," Paul said in an email to supporters Wednesday evening. "If we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on."

Paul said the goal of the money bomb is to reach $2.5 million by tax day on April 15, as part of his push for "taxpayer freedom." He said that although political elites have declared the race over, he had little intention of acquiescing and hoped to fight on.

"In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince," he wrote. "Well, I want to give them a little surprise. Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!"

Newt Gingrich, the other remaining Republican in the primary race, also emailed supporters announcing a goal of 12,000 donations by midnight on Wednesday. That email came amid reports that Gingrich's campaign debt is mounting and that a check his campaign wrote to the State of Utah for a ballot filing fee had bounced.

But Gingrich gave no indications in his email that his continued presence in the race depended on a fast infusion of cash.

"I am committed to being the voice for our shared conservative values all the way to the Convention in Tampa," Gingrich said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/221101-ron-paul-to-supporters-donate-now-or-campaign-cant-go-on

kathy88
04-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Did anyone get this email? I didn't...

InTradePro
04-11-2012, 05:32 PM
nvm

justatrey
04-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I got the email about an hour ago. Thousands of members on this forum alone, yet only 360 have pledged?! :eek: :confused:

InToWin2012.com

orenbus
04-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Did anyone get this email? I didn't...

I got this at 6:04pm EST tonight (a little over an hour ago):

Dear Jack,

With Rick Santorum suspending his campaign for President yesterday, the mainstream media and the political elites have declared the race for the Republican nomination over and done.

Oh sure, more than half of the country has yet to vote.

And never mind that the presumptive nominee is not even halfway to the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination.

I am not ready to fall in line with their plans. I am not going to allow them to write the story.

This story will be written by you and me over the next few months, just as it has been over the past few years.

In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince. Well, I want to give them a little surprise.

Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!

And what's the best way to do that? To have a HUGE Money Bomb this coming weekend.

Our goal is to raise at least $2.5 million on April 15.

That will show them we are still spoiling for a fight!

You see, we are in hand-to-hand combat across the country right now with the GOP establishment as we fight for every single delegate.

And with primaries left in California and my home state of Texas, our campaign has a lot in store for the establishment over the next few weeks.

But it starts right here, with our Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb this coming weekend.

If you believe I should stand and fight when others retreat...

If you believe our message, issues, and movement should go all the way to Tampa...

If you want our campaign to get the maximum number of delegates...

Well, then, it is vital you stand with me right now. You can pledge your contribution to the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb by clicking HERE.

I won't mince words - if we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on.

We cannot do this halfway. It's too important.

So please, pledge your contribution today. Pledge to fight with me over the coming weeks and months.

Promote the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb on Facebook and Twitter. Email and call every friend of Liberty you know.

I am counting on your support for our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb. This is no time for suspending campaigns or concession calls. This is the time for Patriots like you to continue our fight.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. With so many state conventions upcoming - where the real delegates will be selected - you and I must double down in our efforts to fight for Liberty.

I am ready and willing to fight to Tampa if you will stand beside me. You can show your support today by pledging to give to our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb.

anewvoice
04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
"If we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on."

I understand creating urgency but two things; this was not written by Ron Paul and it's bullshit. Seems we just had a moneybomb and it was alright. I'm hoping for more but this one will be alright too. The campaign doesn't end without 2.5 million, the ad buys are reduced.

francisco
04-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Here is the actual text of the fundraising email:

Dear Francisco,

With Rick Santorum suspending his campaign for President yesterday, the mainstream media and the political elites have declared the race for the Republican nomination over and done.

And never mind that the presumptive nominee is not even halfway to the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination.

I am not ready to fall in line with their plans. I am not going to allow them to write the story.

This story will be written by you and me over the next few months, just as it has been over the past few years.

In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince. Well, I want to give them a little surprise.

Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!

And what's the best way to do that? To have a HUGE Money Bomb this coming weekend.

You see, we are in hand-to-hand combat across the country right now with the GOP establishment as we fight for every single delegate.

And with primaries left in California and my home state of Texas, our campaign has a lot in store for the establishment over the next few weeks.

But it starts right here, with our Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb this coming weekend.

If you believe our message, issues, and movement should go all the way to Tampa...

Well, then, it is vital you stand with me right now. You can pledge your contribution to the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb by clicking HERE.

I won't mince words - if we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on.

So please, pledge your contribution today. Pledge to fight with me over the coming weeks and months.

Promote the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb on Facebook and Twitter. Email and call every friend of Liberty you know.

I am counting on your support for our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb. This is no time for suspending campaigns or concession calls. This is the time for Patriots like you to continue our fight.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. With so many state conventions upcoming - where the real delegates will be selected - you and I must double down in our efforts to fight for Liberty.

I am ready and willing to fight to Tampa if you will stand beside me. You can show your support today by pledging to give to our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb.

Just click HERE to pledge.

anewvoice
04-11-2012, 05:41 PM
And I pledged even though I haven't pledged since teaparty and still have donated.

orenbus
04-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I understand creating urgency but two things; this was not written by Ron Paul and it's bullshit. Seems we just had a moneybomb and it was alright. I'm hoping for more but this one will be alright too. The campaign doesn't end without 2.5 million, the ad buys are reduced.

LOL yea I can also tell this wasn't written by Dr. Paul, the p.s. thing is obviously the same approach (kind of like a TLDR note) that was used in one of the last Tate emails hahaha. Anyway it doesn't make the message any less important, they need money to go on and they need people to spread the word about the money bomb coming up, thats it.

Carlybee
04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I got the email about an hour ago. Thousands of members on this forum alone, yet only 360 have pledged?! :eek: :confused:

InToWin2012.com

I have to write a check to the IRS for $800. Why did they schedule a money bomb for April 15th? Makes it a bit difficult for some of us who are trying to scrape enough together to pay our taxes. THAT could be part of the reason not as many have pledged.

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
not everyone pledges and those on this forum regularly are less likely to need an email reminder.

orenbus
04-11-2012, 05:48 PM
I hate to be negative nancy, but I honestly wished the official campaign would just direct traffic to InToWin2012.com lol, we have a way better approach of doing viral marketing as opposed to the official site. Or have their web team do it right so we can be put out of business. :rolleyes:

Xenophage
04-11-2012, 05:49 PM
The e-mails that are written with a lot of sentences starting with "You see," are definitely not written by Ron Paul. They are ghost written, probably by John Tate, and frankly they get irritating, especially when they constantly ask for more, more, more.

It's almost like threats or begging.

I donate whenever I can afford to. I have committed countless hours volunteering in multiple states. I think the emails could be a little more thankful. Ron Paul has the best grassroots anyone could hope for, and we would literally donate blood and spare organs to the campaign. Sometimes I feel like I've done just that.

I'm just sucked dry. I'll be donating something small for this moneybomb. People in better financial shape have already maxed out long ago. We've been giving all we've got.

IYM
04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
not everyone pledges and those on this forum regularly are less likely to need an email reminder.

Nice try as delusional spin...but there were MORE pledges that that for hte last money bomb...the one that failed miserably. And the same "forum members that didn't need a reminder" didn't need a reminder then.

anewvoice
04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
So...now that you know it is not spin, do you have the integrity to admit you were wrong?

Naaahhh. Didn't think so. You have no integrity.

Your value add is inspiring.

anewvoice
04-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Nice try as delusional spin...but there were MORE pledges that that for hte last money bomb...the one that failed miserably. And the same "forum members that didn't need a reminder" didn't need a reminder then.

Ah, there it is, insults. Troll is a troll.

orenbus
04-11-2012, 05:53 PM

Huh? There wasn't even a pledge site in March that counted pledges. And why do you only have 4 posts?

francisco
04-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Wow..talk about desperation. I guess that means the campaign is over next week since there is NO CHANCE the money-whipper-snapper gets even a THIRD of that. Well..of course he will leave it up on the page for 10 days if he has to..but there will still not be anywhere near even $1.5 million.

Ron Paul just told everyone he can't go on.

FUD you, troll

Why exactly are you here?

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 06:08 PM

amazing knowledge for a new poster, since I don't track where pledges were four days before the event, myself.

Okie RP fan
04-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I have to write a check to the IRS for $800. Why did they schedule a money bomb for April 15th? Makes it a bit difficult for some of us who are trying to scrape enough together to pay our taxes. THAT could be part of the reason not as many have pledged.

Because we had our own marketing genius on here for a few days who was very adamant about putting this on tax day and having a tax themed money bomb, which, in all honesty, wasn't too bad of an idea.

Funny thing is, ever since his idea got shot down, I haven't seen him on the forums, nor have I seen him promoting the current money bomb.

orenbus
04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Because we had our own marketing genius on here for a few days who was very adamant about putting this on tax day and having a tax themed money bomb, which, in all honesty, wasn't too bad of an idea.

Funny thing is, ever since his idea got shot down, I haven't seen him on the forums, nor have I seen him promoting the current money bomb.

joshnorris14

Many people on forums like to b.s. and brainstorm. Less people like to roll up their sleeves and do actual work. I'll do my usual tirade on Monday, this discussion can wait till then. :)

Tinnuhana
04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Ads and public media events are going to have to do it now that there seem to be no more debates. We need something to catch attention, not necessarily a gimmic like the blimp (love the blimp) but something. Can people write articles about events they've been to and get some nice high res photos from Gage or something to submit to papers? They could be written carefully to avoid any bias or leaning towards Ron Paul: just the facts and some good crowd shots. Have some quotes from crowd control about how responsible everyone is. Mention Philly.
In fact, Philadelphia would be a perfect place to get some media attention if there is the right kind of pre-event publicity.

Okie RP fan
04-11-2012, 06:56 PM
joshnorris14

Many people on forums like to b.s. and brainstorm. Less people like to roll up their sleeves and do actual work. I'll do my usual tirade on Monday, this discussion can wait till then. :)

Sounds right.

I didn't want to name names, but, there's no avoiding that. I was completely against the "Support Them Now" money bomb, but, guess what? I promoted it as much as I did the others!

Now, how are we doing with this current money bomb? Everything going smoothly thus far? I've been promoting it on Twitter and am making my pledge right now to donate Sunday/Monday night.

Oh, and "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to orenbus again."

AngelClark
04-11-2012, 07:10 PM
but look, they're like, Ron Paul hasn't been in the spot light, he has but they're not there to shine the light so they ignore it! Yeah he needs money, but he won't quit if he doesn't get it. We'll give him the money anyway because that's what we do.

Thanks for this, I'll be writing about it tonight now.

justatrey
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Yeah I know, but pledges are really important imo for building excitement. If everyone who goes to the site sees that only a few are pledging, they'll get the impression that the money bomb is going to be small and will be less inclined to donate. If people see it taking off, I think they're more likely to want to join the fun and donate.

What's the big deal about getting an email or two anyway?
www.intowin2012.com

Deborah K
04-11-2012, 07:22 PM
OP article is misleading. Ron hasn't retreated from the spotlight. That's BS - tell that to the 10s of thousands of people in Cali who attended his appearances in the last couple of weeks.

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 07:23 PM
OP article is misleading. Ron hasn't retreated from the spotlight. That's BS - tell that to the 10s of thousands of people in Cali who attended his appearances in the last couple of weeks.

I posted a comment to that effect....

orenbus
04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Now, how are we doing with this current money bomb?

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

orenbus
04-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Planning on sending another email to 13k+ users later tonight or tomorrow morning from InToWin2012.com

Going to cover the following:
1. Contest extended to April 15th (multiple entries allowed)
2. List of Current Entries (Videos and Avatars), recommend everyone use them to promote the money bomb (tell friends to do the same)
3. Prizes Information
4. Voting on Contest submissions to take place on April 15th (make sure friends go to site to log in to vote for their entry?)

What other important information regarding the Money Bomb or related MB activities do you guys recommend be included in this email?

Thanks

Okie RP fan
04-11-2012, 07:45 PM
If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

There's just not enough steam to it, and I'm not saying that against the theme or you, or anyone else, I simply think many people have lost interest or faith this far into it.

Oh, well. Let's keep promoting the snot out of this!

FSP-Rebel
04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
True but the article is cashing in on the desperate sounding email by Tate. Thus, they can run with the desperation meme which bolsters the lack of coverage we're getting and/or why we're not getting it. That said, there's clearly a concerted effort amongst the MSM writ large to never give any beneficial coverage. The campaign and roots are on our own from here on out. We'll carry on as usual, when the going gets tough...

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Ok yeah I am confused too cause the last email I got didn't have any hint of desperation. In fact it was less aggressive about asking for money! I don't understand!

orenbus
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
There's just not enough steam to it, and I'm not saying that against the theme or you, or anyone else, I simply think many people have lost interest or faith this far into it.

Yea man, I'm not going to diminish the work we are all doing or the amazing stuff the grassroots has been creating for this MB here are some examples so far of the contest entries and general promotion I've seen. My biggest concern is more that certain people in position of reaching thousands of people aren't doing what they can to help promote the MB, but that's another story. On the other hand here are some great examples of people rolling up their sleeves to do what they can to get the word out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckr9XWaun8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmeLw6J_N7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT7OteGNlTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6D36NnFBXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsysuS4uFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfqH4_9erhQ

http://novapixelsdesigns.com/images/StephenBaderInItToWinIt.png

http://www.intowin2012.com/contributions/moneybombbomb.jpg

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/gradient14/bomb2.jpg

http://www.intowin2012.com/contributions/money_bomb_avatar-01.png

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
The Hill is trying to make them sound desperate, mind you, I don't like Tate's emails, personally. Period. However Ron just today said he was staying in the fight and one reason he gave was that his supporters continued to fund this. So the reverse is true, if we don't, he can't, but I think they are just trying to figure out how much of a fight they can fund.

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:00 PM
We've never had a donate or it's over message! Not that I've seen! It really makes me upset! Like scared mad worried where did this desperation come from?

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
2.5 m or it's over? We barely got a mill the last time!

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I mean I'm not a frontline, so I'm not in the know as much as most people, but this came out of nowhere. And we don't have to deal with santorum anymore! Sort I'll stop I'm just really upset, sad and confused.

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Well, I don't have that email yet. I have one about stuff to do in California (where I am, and where they have just set up a new leadership team as detailed in today's email) and I have spam demonstrating Newt Gingrich's delusion that he is conservative, but I don't have a perilous plea about dropping out.

Okie RP fan
04-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Yea man, I'm not going to diminish the work we are all doing or the amazing stuff the grassroots has been creating for this MB here are some examples so far of the contest entries and general promotion I've seen. My biggest concern is more that certain people in position of reaching thousands of people aren't doing what they can to help promote the MB, but that's another story. On the other hand here are some great examples of people rolling up their sleeves to do what they can to get the word out.

Ok, this time, could we get an email sent to all the RPF members do you know? Also, will C4L be behind this theme and pushing the money bomb? We are able to contact so many thousands of people through email from the campaign, here, C4L, etc.

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah I haven't gotten it either. A plant?

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Ok, this time, could we get an email sent to all the RPF members do you know? Also, will C4L be behind this theme and pushing the money bomb? We are able to contact so many thousands of people through email from the campaign, here, C4L, etc.

C4L CAN'T because they are being super careful with FEC regs. RPF might, you would have to ask Josh, but it has happened in the past.

Okie RP fan
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
C4L CAN'T because they are being super careful with FEC regs. RPF might, you would have to ask Josh, but it has happened in the past.

Thanks, this is good to know.

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Can anyone verify this email? Im calling bullshit. Hack job.

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah I haven't gotten it either. A plant?

Sometimes I get them earlier, sometimes later than others back further east. I can't be sure, but the Hill doesn't actually quote much of it.

Endthefednow
04-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I don`t pledge I only donate ;)

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Why would Ron write this? It's gotta be a fake. How many people have actually gotten it? It doesn't sound like him.

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Someone is trying to kill us off now that santorum is gone.

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
The last email I got:

Dear Christopher,

They say everything is bigger in Texas.

Well, with a whopping 155 delegates up for grabs, my home state’s primary is looming large in this year’s presidential race.

That’s bad news for every one of my establishment opponents.

Just take a look at the recent TV ad my campaign put together exposing my opponents’ records and touting my Plan to Restore America.

And if you can, I hope you’ll pledge to make a generous contribution to my campaign’s Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb this April 15.

Your generous contribution will help me pay to run this hard-hitting ad ahead of the critical Texas Primary.

The good news is, my message of liberty is resonating like never before.

In fact, the numbers I’ve seen at our recent campaign stops have been literally jaw-dropping.

In fact, at one of my recent sold-out rallies in California, dozens of students climbed to the top of nearby trees to hear my speech!

I believe my strong stand on the issues is the real reason for the energy behind my campaign – and why I’m continuing to rack up delegate after delegate in key caucus states.

I can guarantee you, any one of my opponents would love to experience these kinds of rallies or have such enthusiastic supporters.

But they’ve been too busy trying to sweep their past Big Government records under the rug to bother coming up with the REAL solutions our country needs.

And you can bet my fellow Texans won’t be pleased when they learn more about my opponents’ records, including:

****** Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich’s support for the massive $700 BILLION TARP bailouts and the hated individual mandate, which serves as the centerpiece to “ObamaCare";

****** Newt Gingrich pocketing $1.6 million from Freddie Mac to keep the housing bubble expanding;

****** Rick Santorum’s raising the debt limit five times, his vote to DOUBLE the federal Department of Education, and his vote to DEFEAT a National Right to Work law, which would have freed upwards of eight million American workers from being forced to pay union dues just to get or keep a job.

Of course, right now, the media’s anointed Republican frontrunner and Massachusetts moderate Mitt Romney has the most to lose.

Should he finish back in the pack in Texas, it would just move you and me one step closer to a brokered convention, where literally anything could happen.

That’s why Texas is looming so large in this presidential race - and why I’m planning to go all the way to Tampa, Florida, this August.

The sad fact is, not one of my opponents will deliver anything but politics as usual if elected President.* Not one has even crafted a serious plan to deal with our problems.

They’re all hat and no cattle when it comes to the real issues facing our country.

Americans understand – with $15.6 TRILLION in national debt and unemployment much higher than the “official” numbers coming out of the federal bureaucracy – we need real change in Washington, D.C.

Half-measures won’t cut it.

Well, my Plan to Restore America cuts one TRILLION in federal spending, eliminates five unconstitutional federal bureaucracies, and balances the budget in year three.

This is exactly what America needs right now.

If you agree, please pledge to contribute to my April 15 Money Bomb.

Your generous pledge will help me run this ad before the Texas Primary and pay for the critical phone banks, mail, internet ads, and on-the-ground staff it takes to make my delegate strategy a success.

Together, you and I can Restore America NOW!

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S.*** A poor finish for Mitt Romney in Texas only puts you and me one step closer to a brokered convention, where anything could happen.

So please pledge to contribute generously to my April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb.

Your generous pledge will help me run this ad before the Texas Primary and pay for the critical phone banks, mail, internet ads, and on-the-ground staff it takes to make my delegate strategy a success!

kathy88
04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
We've never had a donate or it's over message! Not that I've seen! It really makes me upset! Like scared mad worried where did this desperation come from? my guess would be Tate's ass.

sailingaway
Yeah, well, they never sound like him, because they AREN'T him. Sometimes they say something quite different from what he is saying. He does what he does and the campaign tried to fundraise around him. I do understand the constraints they are under, but sometimes the conflict in tone is actually comical. That being said, if Ron is to go all out as we are hoping he will, he will need a LOT of money to do so, otherwise it just won't have the impact he needs. He can still 'carry on', but not take advantage of new opportunities as much.

ChristopherShelley
That was YESTERDAY!!! NOW IM SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE WE'RE ON OUR WAY OUT? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Something is wrong here.

Dear Supporter,

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

Just click HERE to pledge.

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Nah, that's the email. Look 2/3 of the way down, there's the line the Hill cherry picked.

It sure doesn't sound the tone Ron hit in his speech today, though.

justatrey
04-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I got the email, it's definitely real. I don't really believe Paul is dropping out if it fails, but the point is, they need money and they need it desperately.

Just a couple dollars is all it takes. Pledge! www.intowin2012.com

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:22 PM
"If you believe I should stand and fight when others retreat...

Well, then, it is vital you stand with me right now. You can pledge your contribution to the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb by clicking HERE."

If we believe? That's not Ron.

Ok I'm done. But this is bunk. Someone is trying to pull the plug on us. I'm a newbie but dammit this smells rotten.

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I pledged to the email I got yesterday.

Im sorry I just got really upset.

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 08:24 PM
It is just the way Tate fundraises. Divorce the two in your mind. But the campaign does need money, so let's advertise the money bomb as much as we possibly can. Post it in comments on Ron for people looking for news of him. On youtubes, etc.

Here was today before the auditorium finished filling up....

http://distilleryimage0.instagram.com/8217b104843011e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

seawolf
04-11-2012, 08:28 PM
No Money, No Campaign....it is not really that hard to understand. Politics 101.

I know everyone on the RP Forum has been energized the last 10 Days by these HUGE RALLIES.

Well guess what?? If you want to see them continue, we need to all make this April 15th Money Bomb a HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Stop complaining and let's all get to work!!!

ChristopherShelley
04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks sailing, you've been a friend here. I will.

alucard13mmfmj
04-11-2012, 08:38 PM
i wonder if the youth at these rallies donate? i know that college students are poor.. but 5 dollars now can make things a lot better for everyone. 5 dollars now could save them thousands of dollars in the future. maybe get a better economy to get jobs.

PaulSoHard
04-11-2012, 08:44 PM
If everyone who was at a rally donated 1 dollar over the past two days that's about $6000 right there. Add in the luncheon earlier in the afternoon and that's probably close to $10k in about 2 days

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 08:58 PM
It costs almost $1 for the transaction costs. $5 would do really nicely, though. The lunch was $350 per person or $250 for students and veterans though.

AngelClark
04-11-2012, 08:58 PM
http://exm.nr/ITTD5c - published. Share if you wish

"Texas Congressman Ron Paul has been voted one of the most influential people in the world. He speaks to packed stadiums and sold out crowds almost nightly. On Tuesday, Dr. Paul spoke to over 3,000 people in one stadium while at the same time Governor Mitt Romney spoke to roughly 400 people (feel free to view a side by side comparison of the events). While Dr. Paul is holding these events, and speaking to thousands around the country, the media is mainly ignoring or lying about everything he says.

Naturally, today is a typical day."

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 09:01 PM
http://exm.nr/ITTD5c - published. Share if you wish

"Texas Congressman Ron Paul has been voted one of the most influential people in the world. He speaks to packed stadiums and sold out crowds almost nightly. On Tuesday, Dr. Paul spoke to over 3,000 people in one stadium while at the same time Governor Mitt Romney spoke to roughly 400 people (feel free to view a side by side comparison of the events). While Dr. Paul is holding these events, and speaking to thousands around the country, the media is mainly ignoring or lying about everything he says.

Naturally, today is a typical day."

retweet! https://twitter.com/#!/usernamenuse/status/190273156357963776

seawolf
04-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Everyone that is a Ron Paul Supporter better reread the URGENT E-Mail from Ron tonight!!!

He pulls no punches. NO MONEY, NO CAMPAIGN.

Until the April 15th every Thread on this RP Forum should be focused on maximizing the Money Bomb's success!!! Anything else you see is just noise.

If you really want to continue to see the BIG MO and HUGE RALLIES we have seen in the last ten days, then dig down real deep this Sunday. Call friends and family and urge them to DONATE as well.

We have been challenged by our Champion of Liberty!!! How will you answer his call??

PolicyReader
04-11-2012, 09:37 PM

InToWin2012.com
+rep

Let me be blunt, Santorum departing the race puts us in a tight spot but with an opportunity we all know what's coming the media have been trying to sell the "prince willard" agenda this whole cycle and they'll try to clinch it now. And if we don't stop them they will have their way and we will have another 4-8 years of Obamney. They think it's over, more than that they want to make you believe that it's over. This moneybomb is about making every effort and every dollar we've put in so far count. We've fought our way here despite all opposition, and you know how monumental that is, now is the time to seize this chance, as all other lights dwindle, to blaze a beacon out into the night of political corruption telling all the voters who've yet to understand Paul that they still have the path open to fight against Romney. To make an unequivocal statement to the party bosses and their odds makers in the AP that we are not their sycophants and we will not surrender and bow down to their abuses. They have tried everything up to and including having some of us arrested just to stop our voice, don't discard all we've gained HOLD. Remember when you woke up? Remember the fighting spirit we showed in one day in 2008 when we said "odds be hanged WE WILL BE HEARD! April 15th is our moment this year when we must raise that fighting spirit and once again do what they believe we cannot, will not do and show them WE are In It to Win It! This is not rhetoric, this is a resolution. NO to Willard Romney. NO Barack Obama.

Liberty in 2012!

PaulSoHard
04-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Our backs have always been against the wall, what's gonna keep us from continuing to fight back? I have nothing to lose because I know my money is going to something I greatly support and I will never regret it. I hope many of us share the same thoughts.

AngelClark
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
retweet! https://twitter.com/#!/usernamenuse/status/190273156357963776

HAHAHAHAHA - I now follow you on Twitter! You cannot escape!

joshnorris14
04-11-2012, 10:04 PM

You got it right. Ever since my idea shot down I decided not to promote. Perhaps instead of calling out others for the failure of your marketing scheme, maybe you should change your approach.

PolicyReader
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
You got it right. Ever since my idea shot down I decided not to promote. Perhaps instead of calling out others for the failure of your marketing scheme, maybe you should change your approach.
The official campaign is using that idea, that grassroots is using another. In any respect of what productive value is deciding not to pitch in because your idea wasn't the one selected by vote?

joshnorris14
04-11-2012, 10:38 PM
The official campaign is using that idea, that grassroots is using another. In any respect of what productive value is deciding not to pitch in because your idea wasn't the one selected by vote?

The campaign is using the "Tax Day Moneybomb" the grassroots is using the ridiculous "In it to Win it Moneybomb".

And no, the Tax Day Moneybomb won the vote, they decided on In it to Win it anyways, but that's not why I'm not "pitching in". I just don't really care about promoting "winning it", because that doesn't really matter to me. What does matter to me? Not paying taxes.

PolicyReader
04-11-2012, 11:04 PM
The campaign is using the "Tax Day Moneybomb" the grassroots is using the ridiculous "In it to Win it Moneybomb".

And no, the Tax Day Moneybomb won the vote, they decided on In it to Win it anyways, but that's not why I'm not "pitching in". I just don't really care about promoting "winning it", because that doesn't really matter to me. What does matter to me? Not paying taxes.
If what matters to you is not paying taxes then you should do whatever it takes to promote Paul. Because him winning it is the only shot that there is right now or has been for a long time.

Don't confused motif with effect.

motif
Noun:
1. A decorative design or pattern.
2. A distinctive feature or dominant idea in an artistic or literary composition.

effect
Noun:
A change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.

joshnorris14
04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Because him "winning" does nothing to change the people's attitude towards taxation.

MrTwisted
04-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Because him "winning" does nothing to change the people's attitude towards taxation.

I have a marble table less dense than you.

joshnorris14
04-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I have a marble table less dense than you.

Resorting to name calling, how tenuous you are.

PolicyReader
04-11-2012, 11:30 PM
I want to bring this thread back on track.

The Hill - Ballot Box (The Hill's Campaign Blog)
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ign-cant-go-on
Ron Paul to supporters: Donate now or campaign can't go on
By Josh Lederman - 04/11/12 06:26 PM ET

A fundraising solicitation sent by Ron Paul on Wednesday painted a frank picture of the future of his campaign: Donate now, or he may have to call it quits.
Paul has retreated from the public spotlight in recent weeks as Mitt Romney's hold over the Republican presidential nomination has grown tighter and tighter. He has scaled back his campaign-trail appearances and television interviews.

Yet unlike Rick Santorum, who dropped out of the race on Tuesday, Paul has given few previous indications that he may bow out.
"I won't mince words," Paul said in an email to supporters Wednesday evening. "If we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on."

Paul said the goal of the money bomb is to reach $2.5 million by tax day on April 15, as part of his push for "taxpayer freedom." He said that although political elites have declared the race over, he had little intention of acquiescing and hoped to fight on.

"In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince," he wrote. "Well, I want to give them a little surprise. Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!"

Newt Gingrich, the other remaining Republican in the primary race, also emailed supporters announcing a goal of 12,000 donations by midnight on Wednesday. That email came amid reports that Gingrich's campaign debt is mounting and that a check his campaign wrote to the State of Utah for a ballot filing fee had bounced.

But Gingrich gave no indications in his email that his continued presence in the race depended on a fast infusion of cash.

"I am committed to being the voice for our shared conservative values all the way to the Convention in Tampa," Gingrich said.

Let me be blunt, Santorum departing the race puts us in a tight spot but with an opportunity we all know what's coming the media have been trying to sell the "prince willard" agenda this whole cycle and they'll try to clinch it now. And if we don't stop them they will have their way and we will have another 4-8 years of Obamney. They think it's over, more than that they want to make you believe that it's over. This moneybomb is about making every effort and every dollar we've put in so far count. We've fought our way here despite all opposition, and you know how monumental that is, now is the time to seize this chance, as all other lights dwindle, to blaze a beacon out into the night of political corruption telling all the voters who've yet to understand Paul that they still have the path open to fight against Romney. To make an unequivocal statement to the party bosses and their odds makers in the AP that we are not their sycophants and we will not surrender and bow down to their abuses. They have tried everything up to and including having some of us arrested just to stop our voice, don't discard all we've gained HOLD. Remember when you woke up? Remember the fighting spirit we showed in one day in 2008 when we said "odds be hanged WE WILL BE HEARD! April 15th is our moment this year when we must raise that fighting spirit and once again do what they believe we cannot, will not do and show them WE are In It to Win It! This is not rhetoric, this is a resolution. NO to Willard Romney. NO Barack Obama.

Liberty in 2012!

economics102
04-11-2012, 11:35 PM

Yes speaking before the largest crowds you've spoken to the entire campaign season is the same thing as retreating from the public spotlight and scaling back campaign trailer appearances...

PolicyReader
04-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes speaking before the largest crowds you've spoken to the entire campaign season is the same thing as retreating from the public spotlight and scaling back campaign trailer appearances...
Angels article does a good job responding to their silliness.
http://www.examiner.com/elections-2012-in-wilmington/ron-paul-is-it-to-win-it-and-has-not-scaled-back-his-campaign

Arklatex
04-11-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm down, let's take it down to the #2 spot.

It's a real good spot to have in this election. Many will not vote for Romney.

parocks
04-11-2012, 11:53 PM

I did not like reading that 2.5 million and not sure. It would be great to have 2.5 million, but it's been a while since a 2.5 million moneybomb.

parocks
04-11-2012, 11:58 PM
http://pledge.ronpaul2012.com/mbpledge_tdmb.html?pid=0411
April 15th Tax Day Money Bomb

according to that email. That's the pledge page for it.

PolicyReader
04-11-2012, 11:59 PM
In It to Win It (http://intowin2012.com/)

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQosREyYj80lgzzU7yLyURrStSZQmB2y On1SK6yOSRyYfs1KJ3x2A

digitaldean
04-12-2012, 12:24 AM
From what I hear from Doug is that the money from here will be used on that TX ad which has Santorum in it. My question is why?

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 12:36 AM
From what I hear from Doug is that the money from here will be used on that TX ad which has Santorum in it. My question is why?
In the Q&A Wead said that ad would be pulled now.

digitaldean
04-12-2012, 12:53 AM
In the Q&A Wead said that ad would be pulled now.

I heard it at some point in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILg9ZcBtMCI

They need to make a new video that shows his crowds vs Mitts, poll numbers vs Obama/Mitts and end with the question: Do Republicans really want to beat Obama?

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 01:02 AM

They need to make a new video that shows his crowds vs Mitts, poll numbers vs Obama/Mitts and end with the question: Do Republicans really want to beat Obama?
Hum, I have no idea which is more current/accurate :p

As to the second statement YES and +rep

parocks
04-12-2012, 01:14 AM

Do Republicans really want to pick the one guy who can't bash Obamacare? Is the electable guy really the guy who can't bash Obamacare?

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 01:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbG-zklTWug&feature=player_embedded

orenbus
04-12-2012, 01:52 AM
RonPaul.com just got on board.

They've added two banners on their site to InToWin2012.com and featured a MB video at the top. :)

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 02:16 AM

They've added two banners on their site to InToWin2012.com and featured a MB video at the top. :)
What's the guy in the corner of the InToWin2012.com site banner say all the time? Oh yeah, Winning :D

Chainspell
04-12-2012, 03:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbG-zklTWug&feature=player_embedded
oh my thats a good video. good music a little lacking in imagery but great motivational video.

MelissaCato
04-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Let's focus on this money bomb and get the 2,500,000 for Ron Paul. Emails, faxs, morse code, forums, radio & TV announcements, newspapers, letters to the editor, smoke signals, youtube ... whateva it takes. Stop arguing and get moving.

Ron Paul 2012 !!

NoOneButPaul
04-12-2012, 05:49 AM
The last moneybomb barely got 1 million, they're dreaming if they think they can get 2.5

CaptUSA
04-12-2012, 05:59 AM
The last moneybomb barely got 1 million, they're dreaming if they think they can get 2.5

I don't think so. The dynamics have changed. I know I got a little more excited when Santorum dropped out.

There are an awful lot of people who are frustrated that they think Romney will be the nominee and that Obama will be re-elected. I think 2.5 is easily accomplished if we keep up the energy level. The worst thing you can do is to undermine the enthusiasm of the rest of us. We neeed this enthusiasm! It's contagious.

WE can do this! We will do this! It's our last hope for this cycle!

No Free Beer
04-12-2012, 06:10 AM
The campaign is full of bullshit. It's not like they are running a bunch of ads like they did in the beginning. They are just traveling state to state, talking on college campuses, which I think is a good strategy. How could they possibly say they cannot go on if they don't reach that amount. Bologna.

speciallyblend
04-12-2012, 06:12 AM
I don't think so. The dynamics have changed. I know I got a little more excited when Santorum dropped out.

There are an awful lot of people who are frustrated that they think Romney will be the nominee and that Obama will be re-elected. I think 2.5 is easily accomplished if we keep up the energy level. The worst thing you can do is to undermine the enthusiasm of the rest of us. We neeed this enthusiasm! It's contagious.

I hate to say it but what happens in Colorado this weekend has some bearing on if i donate 100 bucks i really do not have to donate! If we can Win Colorado this weekend. I will feel better about donating money i really do not have. Trying to keep my chin up but it is very difficult.

jbauer
04-12-2012, 06:17 AM
I'll donate, but its super tight here. I can atest to the tax day timing as terrible.

If he wants millions of dollars run 3rd party and the money will flow. I'll work OT to max mine out.

orenbus
04-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Planning on sending another email to 13k+ users later tonight or tomorrow morning from InToWin2012.com

Going to cover the following:
1. Contest extended to April 15th (multiple entries allowed)
2. List of Current Entries (Videos and Avatars), recommend everyone use them to promote the money bomb (tell friends to do the same)
3. Prizes Information
4. Voting on Contest submissions to take place on April 15th (make sure friends go to site to log in to vote for their entry?)

What other important information regarding the Money Bomb or related MB activities do you guys recommend be included in this email?

Thanks

Last chance to give some input on what should be in the email, being sent out this morning, if you have any ideas make them known now.

Barrex
04-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Strongly dont agree about second part. Unfortunatley all website owners, admins and moderators share your view.(by all I mean all Ron Paul grassroots websites)

Now, how are we doing with this current money bomb? Everything going smoothly thus far? I've been promoting it on Twitter and am making my pledge right now to donate Sunday/Monday night......

Not that good.No.

Thanks.:mad: It is not that I dont care about cause it is that I dont care what people think about me. GET OF MY LAWN!

Not enough steam at all. I know that all Ron Paul grassroots websites were contacted (and many more) and still only few are promoting this money-bomb. One grassroots site answered: "We are not interested at this time. Thanks".

Me alone 5+ emails,5+ comments asking why they dont promote it. I know that you did send few too ;)

On Monday I will write my opinion what went right and what went wrong so that we can learn from our mistakes and improve.(I am looking forward to read ornebus opinion on this too)

No legacy is so rich as Honesty. - William Shakespeare

This one I still didnt mastered:

There is always a way to be honest without being brutal. -by someone

orenbus
04-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks.:mad: It is not that I dont care about cause it is that I dont care what people think about me. GET OF MY LAWN!

I know, that's what I meant. :)

orenbus
04-12-2012, 08:11 AM
One grassroots site answered: "We are not interested at this time. Thanks".

Wow.... why am I not surprised. :confused:

unknown
04-12-2012, 08:21 AM

All jokes aside, I got a new breath of life when Santorum FINALLY dropped out and lets be honest, neither Santorum nor Gingrich were supposed to last this long, if at all. Gingrich's "campaign" was a million in debt back in March of last year. Santorum had no campaign... They didnt even make the ballots in what, 2 primary states?

This was ALWAYS about Ron Paul vs. Romney. Romney has the GOP backing, Wall St. funding plus millions of his own money. So we knew he would last.

But we have the campaign. We have the grass roots. We have the Ron Paul army, legions of unwavering dedicated freedom loving patriots.

This is the moment that was meant to be.

THIS IS OUR TIME.

rb3b3
04-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Here's just my 2 cents.... Flame away..... If you call yourself a true Ron Paul supporter, and you want to see him win this nomination, then you will donate to this upcoming money bomb!!!!!! It's that simple!!!!! I hear some people saying well if he does good on co then I'll donate.... That's CRAP!!!! What are you Guys kidding me here or what???? I said it once I'll say it again.... Ron Paul has been busting his ass for 30 years fighting for us!!!! 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!! Now he needs our help more then ever and you are planning on letting him down??? What kind of people are you????? He wants to raise 2.5 million, we should blow the doors off that and raise him 10 fkn million!!!!!!!!!!! If your a true supporter then you WILL DONATE!!!!!! That's the bottom line... BECAUSE HE NEEDS US NOW!!!!

seawolf
04-12-2012, 08:31 AM
rb3b3 you are right on!!! The True Ron Paul Supporters will not let him Stand Alone in his hour of financial need!!!

His e-mail to the RP Nation last night was dead serious....as I have said on several threads it is simply Politics 101: NO MONEY, NO CAMPAIGN!!!

People need to wake up!!! The April 15th needs to be a HUGE SUCCESS or the Campaign as we know IS OVER!!!!

It is not very hard to understand, really!!!!

speciallyblend
04-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Wow.... why am I not surprised. :confused:

what site is it? So i can ban them from my cloud and let others know!

speciallyblend
04-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Here's just my 2 cents.... Flame away..... If you call yourself a true Ron Paul supporter, and you want to see him win this nomination, then you will donate to this upcoming money bomb!!!!!! It's that simple!!!!! I hear some people saying well if he does good on co then I'll donate.... That's CRAP!!!! What are you Guys kidding me here or what???? I said it once I'll say it again.... Ron Paul has been busting his ass for 30 years fighting for us!!!! 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!! Now he needs our help more then ever and you are planning on letting him down??? What kind of people are you????? He wants to raise 2.5 million, we should blow the doors off that and raise him 10 fkn million!!!!!!!!!!! If your a true supporter then you WILL DONATE!!!!!! That's the bottom line... BECAUSE HE NEEDS US NOW!!!!

fuck you i am broke and have been broke so do not ?? me you mother fucker. fuck you i am one paycheck from being homeless you righteous motherfucker! please ban me rpf fuck some of these members! i am outta here

maxoutco
04-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Ron Paul and the call to arms...

phill4paul
04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
fuck you i am broke and have been broke so do not ?? me you mother fucker. fuck you i am one paycheck from being homeless you righteous motherfucker! please ban me rpf fuck some of these members! i am outta here

Hey, I hear where you're coming from. I also know that you bust your balls for Paul. Just take a chill, "Smoke 'em if ya got 'em" and take a day off the webernet. Don't take any posts personally, even when directed at you, and keep on keepin' on. Throw on a pair of those funky kitty headphones and take a day off. That's an order. (Well, a prescription anyway.) :)

FSP-Rebel
04-12-2012, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't take it personally, dude was probably referring to some folks that put a litmus test on the campaign in order for them to donate. Being a local delegate (you) in a caucus state is a lot more than many of us can do where we currently are as far as being effective. Everyone should just bring to the table what they can, honor system like.

I know quite a few Paul supporters, friends and family for instance, that no matter what they do not give money. It frustrates me because I know they all can afford it easily. Case in point, my uncle is a doctor but is tighter than a drum. Anyways, cheerio.

MelissaCato
04-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Focus people, FOCUS. Let's get Ron Paul 2.5M. We can do this!! GO!!

mickey mouse joy division
04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Def. throwing him $100 on the 15th.

sailingaway
04-12-2012, 10:37 AM

then promote it as the Tax Day Moneybomb. You won't be wrong. Just promote it.

ClydeCoulter
04-12-2012, 10:41 AM
>>>HOLD<<< till you see the whites of their eyes (April 15, 2012)

sailingaway
04-12-2012, 10:59 AM
retweet this! https://twitter.com/#!/usernamenuse/status/190484041361924096

azxd
04-12-2012, 11:03 AM
They need to make a new video that shows his crowds vs Mitts, poll numbers vs Obama/Mitts and end with the question: Do Republicans really want to beat Obama?I support this idea.

It seems many have or are falling into the same trap that elected Obama, and that trap is the anyone but mentality ... We need to use that mentality to advantage.

azxd
04-12-2012, 11:07 AM
The last moneybomb barely got 1 million, they're dreaming if they think they can get 2.5Countering this idea with a double down :D

rockerrockstar
04-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Did they not know taxes are not do on April 15 this year. I am pretty sure they extended it to April 18th. Maybe the money bomb should be extended too.

I would donate but I am ultra poor now living of my unemployment checks tell I get my next job. Hope my next good job comes soon.

orenbus
04-12-2012, 11:19 AM

RT

craezie
04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Darn, I hope that those of you who are expecting to get a nice refund are going to dig deep one more time.

I have to write a $1200 check to the IRS by April 15. :( So I am in for $20.12 as a show of solidarity, but I cannot do my usual 100-200 bucks.

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
RT

seraphson
04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Darn, I hope that those of you who are expecting to get a nice refund are going to dig deep one more time.

I have to write a $1200 check to the IRS by April 15. :( So I am in for $20.12 as a show of solidarity, but I cannot do my usual 100-200 bucks.

That's one hell of a serfdom tax. I'll put down $100 on the 15th seeing as my situation was nearly the opposite (college).

PaulConventionWV
04-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Ah, there it is, insults. Troll is a troll.

He's right actually. People keep using the same excuses to say it's going to be better than it seems, even though the same things were true last moneybomb and it still wasn't that good.

sailingaway
04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
He's right actually. People keep using the same excuses to say it's going to be better than it seems, even though the same things were true last moneybomb and it still wasn't that good.

People can make a point without being nasty and just trying to shut down enthusiasm. That we all need to spread the word more actively this time to have a successful money bomb is a valid point.

ClydeCoulter
04-12-2012, 01:38 PM
That's one hell of a serfdom tax. I'll put down $100 on the 15th seeing as my situation was nearly the opposite (college).

Thank you for that, I have a $3200.00 serdom tax to pay this 15th, but I'm still going to go into more card debt for a $100.00 more to this money bomb, I'll pay it next months paycheck.

Suzu
04-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I would donate but I am ultra poor now living of my unemployment checks tell I get my next job.I'm living on well under $1k/month and I'm going to find a way to donate this time even if it's only $5. A friend who gets SS and a railroad pension has almost $3k/month coming in and thinks he's "broke". I'd be living like a queen if I got that much, would have maxxed out to the campaign last year already.

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Thank you for that, I have a $3200.00 serdom tax to pay this 15th, but I'm still going to go into more card debt for a $100.00 more to this money bomb, I'll pay it next months paycheck.
+rep to you both

Carson
04-12-2012, 08:05 PM
The thing that first struck me with with the email was my own knee jerk response I have with solicitation for funds.Thankfully some of your post in this thread helped me overcome that.

This battle is a fight of a lifetime. Never has an election held more in the balance. Restoring control of our currency to me is the number one item on the agenda to restore Liberty and Law and Order. With turned over control of it and we no longer control our Government, our Military, or our Borders.

Ron Paul seems to have the ball rolling. I've been following the rallies and am encouraged by what I see. Everywhere, through word of mouth (some internet), people are seeking each other out and ending up at some beautiful gatherings. I'm seeing Ron Paul people I didn't even know were with us. It has been like coming across long lost cousins in a way. I'm hoping as more learn about Ron Paul more will join the Ron Paul family.

We've got a "Ron Paul Campaign Family Album" folder on my computer started. Many of the pictures are of crowds inside rallies. The family doesn't stop there though.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/websize/snaggedfromjct74.jpg

What if the donations we make now could bring in others and help Ron Paul keep that ball rolling and multiplying?

There must be a point the ball becomes unstoppable. Maybe hinged on one donation.

Carson
04-12-2012, 08:09 PM
P.S. Another thing that has hung me up with making a donation is the links in the emails go to places to make pledges. Is their some reason it doesn't just link straight to a donation page like this link?

https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/

CaptUSA
04-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Bump!

Sola_Fide
04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
RPFs!!! Don't forget about Thomas Massie's WINNABLE race in a district that Rand won decisively in Kentucky!!! DONATE!!! WE CAN WIN!!!