PDA

View Full Version : "Will Ron Paul Become the New Anti-Mitt?"

phill4paul
04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-become-anti-mitt-171300662.html

COMMENTARY | Anyone with at least one mostly-functional eyeball must admit to the amazing staying power of Representative Ron Paul of Texas. At this point, while not taking first place in any state so far, it's not too uncommon to see Paul squeezing out candidates Gingrich and Santorum to land in second or third.
And now that Rick Santorum announced the end of his candidacy, doesn't every other candidate's position move up a notch by default? Those delegates must go somewhere and Newt Gingrich just rubs too many the wrong way since the discovery of his involvement with the nefarious Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac last January.
Most of Ron Paul's critics have tried to label him as eccentric and have called his positions on various topics antiquated. Others have tried to go for the jugular by making reference to his age. While they try to pressure him out of the race with personal attacks, this eccentric old man and his antiquated positions are raking in millions of dollars in campaign donations and building his mailing list at nearly every point along his campaign trail - more than $34 million as of last February in fact.
Ron Paul is active, energetic and intelligent -- to a point. For a candidate who is accused of being so incapable, he seems to be putting out a lot of powerful, emotionally-charged campaign ads consistently. It seems those in power -- who all-too-often wrap themselves in the flag and carry a cross -- would flock to him. Perhaps the truth of those politicians calling themselves conservatives are doing nothing more than paying lip-service to the ideals the Ron Paul campaign actually espouses. Then again, I understand. Most politicians carry many faces. It's a tool of their non-productive trade.
How will establishment Republicans handle the general public as more and more is learned of this man, Ron Paul? Will his opponents call those who support him via passionate activism "extremists"? Might a double-standard be applied when discussing the candidate who wants to bring down the Federal Reserve and end the ridiculous, failed drug -- and other -- wars? How, exactly, will those roaming the halls of power within our over-bloated government handle the rising popularity of a candidate who has the brass to suggest their own levels of power be purposefully limited?
While I will probably not be voting for the man (in fact, I'm of the opinion the GOP will have its proverbial head torn off its proverbial shoulders in a proverbial bloody mess to the sounds of war-cries by the Obama campaign on election day) I do find it intriguing how the mainstream press, Republicans-in-general and so many so-called conservatives do their level best to denounce the one candidate who is the most in touch with true conservative principles. I get to say this because I'm not a Republican -- and neither are most of you.

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Ron Paul has been Ron Paul a lot longer than Mitt has been 'this' version of Mitt.

mport1
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't see how anybody could have possibly seen Newt or Santorum as the anti-Mitt. Did that have any major differences? I can't think of a single thing. Ron Paul has always been the anti-Mitt/anti-Obama candidate.

alucard13mmfmj
04-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I don't see how anybody could have possibly seen Newt or Santorum as the anti-Mitt. Did that have any major differences? I can't think of a single thing. Ron Paul has always been the anti-Mitt/anti-Obama candidate.

Obama is already going around telling people that there has not been this stark of a difference between the two parties (Romney vs Obama).

Aratus
04-11-2012, 05:52 PM
true...

coffeewithchess
04-11-2012, 05:56 PM

Well, if voters think you're an isolationist that is going to cut Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and allow terrorists to destroy the nation...and you don't address those concerns on a major scale, there's not much we can do to combat that...other than repeatedly post our own homemade videos trying to make people aware.
If we were dealing with voters that didn't watch the media for their "news" we wouldn't be dealing with this, but the campaign has a responsibility to address issues holding voters back...and the campaign did not do that.

Jarg
04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Read the comment wow bunch of fucks i almost wish he would drop out they dont deserve to have be the nominee.

phill4paul
04-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Well, if voters think you're an isolationist that is going to cut Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and allow terrorists to destroy the nation...and you don't address those concerns on a major scale, there's not much we can do to combat that...other than repeatedly post our own homemade videos trying to make people aware.
If we were dealing with voters that didn't watch the media for their "news" we wouldn't be dealing with this, but the campaign has a responsibility to address issues holding voters back...and the campaign did not do that.

I wish I could disagree. I can't. Most of my time convincing others of Ron Paul has been through correction of these perceived policy myths.

jacmicwag
04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
To answer op question. No, not going to happen this time.