PDA

View Full Version : Next: COLORADO district conventions 4/12&13, state convention Sat. 4/14

francisco
04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Any information from those close to the action? What are our chances, now that Santorum (who narrowly won the beuty contest) is out?

From Greenpapers:

Thursday 12 April - Friday 13 April 2012: Colorado's District Conventions. The Congressional District 7 Convention is held on 12 April and Congressional Districts 1 through 6 are conducted on on 13 April.

Distict Caucuses choose the 21 National Convention Delegates (3 in each of Colorado's 7 Congression Districts) along with the district's delegates to the Colorado State Republican Convention.

There is no formal system applied in the District Caucus to relate the presidential preference of the District Caucus delegates to the choice of the election district's delegates to the National or State Republican Convention. The delegates in attendance at each District Caucus alone determine if presidential preference is to be a factor and, if so, how it is to be applied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 14 April 2012: The Colorado State Republican Convention convenes. The State Convention chooses 12 of 36 delegates from Colorado to the Republican National Convention.

There is no formal system applied in the Convention to relate the presidential preference of the Convention delegates to the choice of the Convention's delegates to the Republican National Convention. The delegates in attendance at the State Convention alone determine if presidential preference is to be a factor and, if so, how it is to be applied.
In addition, 3 party leaders, the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the Colorado's Republican Party, will attend the convention by virtue of their position, bound to the candidate of choice.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/CO-R

Monotaur
04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
I'll be at CD2 and state as a delegate. Don't want to say much more right now.

Monotaur
04-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh, and:

Red Leader: "This is it,boys."

:)

miketoles
04-11-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm at CD4 and an alternate to state, looking forward to the day

sailingaway
04-11-2012, 02:02 PM
We are so pulling for you, Colorado!!

Watch out for Romnulans!

Badger Paul
04-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Colorado will be a good indication of what Santorum's forces do and how Romney intends to go through the convention cycle.

Maltheus
04-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Our group has been trying to reach out to Santorum people in CD 5. A lot are simply going to stay home, but a few have been coming our way. Not sure how they'll actually vote this weekend, but it seems like we'll benefit from this development somewhat (at least at a local level). Hopefully Santorum won't endorse Romney in the next 48 hours.

Although, I hear they're now back with the Unity Slate, which now makes me wish that one of our other proposed slate names, the "Ron Paul Unity Slate", would have won the vote. It would have confused their efforts.