PDA

View Full Version : The power of canvassing

Sematary
11-14-2007, 09:23 PM
From my email:

Imagine the personal satisfaction of knowing that your personal efforts and sacrifice was responsible for turning the tide, winning the election, reinstating the constitution, and restoring freedom and liberty to ours and the next generation. You would have justifiable bragging rights for the rest of you life. A Super Bowl or World Series ring would be nothing compared to this.

We need to do the same thing in the other 49 states. Time for the Meetup groups to lead the way in door to door canvassing. It's fun, easy, extremely effective, and costs virtually nothing. Only the cost of fliers, etc., and voter registration forms are free.

Large sums of money spent on expensive radio and TV ads won't win the nomination for us. Anyone who thinks that needs to look again at the Romney campaign. They've already spent about $60,000,000 without significantly improving their national polls. Absolutely NOTHING can replace the power of one person talking to another person, face to face, and heart to heart. I've been doing professional canvassing for 14 years. I can assure you it produces guaranteed results. Put it in the bank. It's easy to teach others how it's done.

We need a national canvassing website, with canvassing resources, instructions, videos on how it's done, blogs from participants explaining what their doing and what works, establish state and national goals, and have a tabulation thermometer on the home page (just as HQ is doing with the contribution tabulator). Canvassers from all over the nation could sign-up, and then post-up their daily totals of door to door NEW first contacts. We could all watch the numbers grow on a daily basis in real time. If we could get this going, wouldn't it be fun and exciting to see the tabulator grow in numbers, at first by the hundreds, and then by the THOUSANDS every single day? The numbers are amazing. Imagine 60,000 Meetup members contacting 100 of their neighbors on one day? That would be 6,000,000 households in one single day.

I call it "The Amazing Power of Canvassing". Supplemented with Ron Paul's efforts and the campaign team, a grass roots organized canvassing program could take us to D.C. on inauguration day. Bring your camera and pop open the Champaign! WOW!

Does anyone have the talent to do the web site?
All we need is a basic underlying spread sheet to record and tabulate the results.
Everyone can contribute canvassing content and advice.

A small snowball could quickly turn into a national coordinated avalanche.

Can anyone step-up and do the web site?
Do you know anyone who can and would?

David Cameron
westwave99@gmail.com

madcat033
11-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I think this is a FANTASTIC idea. If we have a count of how many households we have visited, it will provide motivation for people to keep canvassing! Of course, it would be difficult to confirm or make sure nobody was faking, but I think we definitely need to canvass.

JordanL
11-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I can intregrate that into http://ondecember15th.com/ :)

mstrmac1
11-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I 100% totally agree! I run a 3million dollar business by CANVASSing.. and the cost is minimal. I have tried other forms of mass media and it isnt nearly as effective. A great idea to start a website on this.

Also, the best way to start is to gather college kids for the weekend and pay them 7 bucks an hour... they'll do it just for the beer money alone.

Sematary
11-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I can intregrate that into http://ondecember15th.com/ :)

So contact the guy.

_Chuck
11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
i'm a programmer, but don't do much webstuff, but i know databases and stuff so i could make a go of it.
i just shot you an e-mail.
i'd need a webhost. could someone donate a host? or should I find a host myself?

so you'd register on the site as a canvasser.
your account would indicate what area you are canvassing. what addresses you've visited. google maps integration would be pretty neat.

newmedia4ron
11-22-2007, 05:45 AM
bump

disciple
11-22-2007, 05:49 AM
Great idea.

I am ready to roll.