PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO - I converted my (minister) Father-in-Law!

WillInMiami
11-14-2007, 09:19 PM
My father-in-law is in his 70s. He doesn't have cable-tv and doesn't use the internet so he has very little knowledge of the candidates. He knew that I supported Ron Paul but didn't know anything about him. He started liking Huckabee - made sense since Huckabee was a preacher and he is a minister. He saw Ron Paul on TV one day and thought that he was just an angry crank.

I printed out all of the issues from RonPaul2008.com, the Ann Coulter article that lambasted Huckabee and Thompson, and the open letter to ministers from Pastor Chuck Baldwin:

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin412.htm

Sent all of it to him and BAM! He's converted! I just got off the phone with him - we talked about it for about an hour. He's absolutely convinced! The GREAT part is that he will be copying the material that I sent him and sharing it wiith other ministers!

I live in Miami and he lives in Wisconson. I have a feeling that he'll spread the word to several ministers that will spread the word to many others. I may have been able to plant the seed that influences HUNDREDS of voters in Wisconsin!

traitorist
11-14-2007, 09:20 PM
thank you. i can use all the help i can get in Wisconsin. :)

hopeforamerica
11-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Very strong work!!!

adpierce
11-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Great. I wish we could get more ministers on board in Iowa. Iowa's so freakin' evangelical if we could get a strong Christian contingent here we could actually win here. Unfortunately they've bought into the lie that if we can spread democracy through a victory in Iraq and therefore religious freedom for the purpose of proselytizing of the Muslim world. Christ was right when he told Peter to lower his sword... those who live by the sword will die by the sword... and blessed are the peacemakers. Too bad too many Christians think we can spread Christianity through the sword.

Mark
11-14-2007, 09:25 PM
My father-in-law is in his 70s. He doesn't have cable-tv and doesn't use the internet so he has very little knowledge of the candidates. He knew that I supported Ron Paul but didn't know anything about him. He started liking Huckabee - made sense since Huckabee was a preacher and he is a minister. He saw Ron Paul on TV one day and thought that he was just an angry crank.

I printed out all of the issues from RonPaul2008.com, the Ann Coulter article that lambasted Huckabee and Thompson, and the open letter to ministers from Pastor Chuck Baldwin:

Sent all of it to him and BAM! He's converted! I just got off the phone with him - we talked about it for about an hour. He's absolutely convinced! The GREAT part is that he will be copying the material that I sent him and sharing it wiith other ministers!

I live in Miami and he lives in Wisconson. I have a feeling that he'll spread the word to several ministers that will spread the word to many others. I may have been able to plant the seed that influences HUNDREDS of voters in Wisconsin!

Well.. that just "Rock"s..!! in the Biblical sense.. ;)

American
11-14-2007, 09:27 PM
That is fantastic, great job!!!!

WillInMiami
11-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Great. I wish we could get more ministers on board in Iowa. Iowa's so freakin' evangelical if we could get a strong Christian contingent here we could actually win here. Unfortunately they've bought into the lie that if we can spread democracy through a victory in Iraq and therefore religious freedom for the purpose of proselytizing of the Muslim world. Christ was right when he told Peter to lower his sword... those who live by the sword will die by the sword... and blessed are the peacemakers. Too bad too many Christians think we can spread Christianity through the sword.

You should use the Chuck Baldwin letter and combine it with all of the stuff on Hackabee. It's powerful stuff. You don't have to worry about trashing the rest of the cadidates. It's Huckabee that you have to expose to the Christian crowd. If you show them his stances on illegal immigration, pardoning criminals, and taxes and then show them Ron Pauls stances on those issues, you'll win them over. Make sure that you focus on Ron Pauls abortion position and that he's DELIVERED over 4000 babies and never even considered performing an abortion. That's powerfull stuff!

Anyone with a brain and willing to truly consider the evidence will be won over.

max
11-14-2007, 09:36 PM

good work!

Be sure to tell the good minister to pass the collection plate on 12-16!

Jojo
11-14-2007, 09:38 PM

Have the OP's father in law talk to them!

Mark
11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Make sure that you focus on Ron Pauls abortion position and that he's DELIVERED over 4000 babies and never even considered performing an abortion. That's powerfull stuff!

I was always torn as to when life began until I heard Dr Paul.

Something, or someway he said it, got me to thinking as to the nature of life.

I saw conception as the defining point, like, the combination of ingredients
that begins something new, maybe like a cake is the combination of ingredients
that changes, really inedible things, like flour and sugar, into something edible.

That being a cake.

And, that conception changes things that separately, will never grow or develop,
but when combined, begin to change and grow into something completely different
than the individual parts alone.

That being life.

constitutional
11-14-2007, 09:59 PM
nice, I love hearing all these stories. We need to keep spreading the message. ANYWHERE EVERYWHERE!

BIG_J
11-14-2007, 10:05 PM
NICE:) I'm from Wisconsin; and those are some hard headed people:) ha-ha!