PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul Remind Everyone That They Are Still Running For President

sailingaway
04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/563674/thumbs/s-NEWT-GINGRICH-AND-RON-PAUL-large.jpg

If for some reason you don't recall, over the weekend, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich seemed to be close to conceding the race for the 2012 GOP nomination to Mitt Romney. He went on "Fox News Sunday" and said as much, adding that he also happens to be in a staggering amount of debt. This led many to conclude that Gingrich was all but quitting his presidential campaign. Here's a report from ABC News, in fact, titled, "Gingrich All But Quits Presidential Campaign."

But you really wouldn't expect it to be that easy, did you? Of course not. As it turns out, Gingrich is "quitting the campaign" with the same level of decisiveness that he got into the campaign -- which is to say, "no decisiveness." And just hours later, on another Fox program, Gingrich explained that everyone had gotten his previous remarks all wrong, telling Sean Hannity that his "Fox News Sunday" comments "got somehow translated almost instantly into something I didn't say." We remind you, what he said was this:
Well, I think you have to be realistic. Given the size of his organization, given the number of primaries he's won, he is far and away the most likely republican nominee. And if he does get to 1144 delegates, I'll support him. I'll do everything I can this fall to help him defeat Obama. Because the primary goal of the entire Republican Party has to be to defeat Barack Obama. So, it would make this maybe the most important election of our lifetime.

more at link...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10/newt-gingrich-ron-paul-president_n_1415294.html?ref=elections-2012

alucard13mmfmj
04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I thought Gingrich wasn't running anymore, at least competitively, since he basically said he will be Romney's bxtch.

But I guess things change since Santorum dropped.