PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Estimates for Q2: Edwards and Paul Showing Strong

Starlight
06-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Good News!!! Please God, let it be true........the Paul part I mean! :p

http://www.dailyleft.com/?p=61

GoRonPaul
06-19-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm givin more $ now!

LibertyEagle
06-19-2007, 06:28 PM
It worries me, he says... based on "earlier reporting". I hope he's not talking about that article in Financial News.

goldstandard
06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Considering how big the others are in the polls, this is great news.

pazzo83
06-19-2007, 06:33 PM
It worries me, he says... based on "earlier reporting". I hope he's not talking about that article in Financial News.

Which article, and was that later found out to be inaccurate?

angrydragon
06-19-2007, 06:52 PM
The numbers haven't come out yet have they?

LibertyEagle
06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Which article, and was that later found out to be inaccurate?

It was here and yes, HQ said it wasn't accurate.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=43192

Nathan Hale
06-19-2007, 08:08 PM
It was here and yes, HQ said it wasn't accurate.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=43192

But didn't HQ say the number was $2.2M? And that's before all these donation drives we're seeing. I think the Students for Ron Paul have close to $20K, and I'm trying to get the campaign to have a drive on their home page for $10-20K.

cujothekitten
06-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Donate! Lets really push this as far as we can.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-19-2007, 09:15 PM
This cant be right. How is Ron Paul only about $1million ahead of Huckabee? I dont think Huckabee has that big of a following.

pazzo83
06-19-2007, 09:33 PM
But didn't HQ say the number was $2.2M? And that's before all these donation drives we're seeing. I think the Students for Ron Paul have close to $20K, and I'm trying to get the campaign to have a drive on their home page for $10-20K.

Students four Paul is getting there. We had $13K in just 4 days, truly remarkable. I'm really optimistic that once this message of freedom and personal liberty is able to break into the mainstream, it will take off. I personally believe that, deep down, most Americans want to be left alone by their gov't. From this country's founding we have preferred smaller forms of organizations (civic groups, etc). Not only did Madison and others write at length about this, but also is was clearly discernible from visitors from abroad (D'Tocqueville). This is STILL a very common trait of Americans. One need only look to how this campaign is organizing itself and moving forward: with tons of smaller, localized groups working together for a common purpose. It just makes me proud to be an American.

KingTheoden
06-19-2007, 09:35 PM
This cant be right. How is Ron Paul only about $1million ahead of Huckabee? I dont think Huckabee has that big of a following.

It could be that some PACs will be pressured to contribute gobs of money to another 'second tier' candidate in hopes that such a strategy can prevent Republican voters fed up with RINOS from unifying under the Ron Paul banner. Remember, a couple million to the interests that we are facing is a mere pittance; look at the millions Romney, McCain, and Giuliani will have raised.

There is good news however. Ron Paul does not entertain spending binges, contrary to his rivals. I have almost no doubt that the percentage of spending to revenues went up this quarter- but he is really putting the campaign into gear with events across the nation. Huckabee has extremely narrow support; for a person to refuse to say on national television that the Earth is older than 12 000 years, no matter how much he might genuinely doubt it being any more ancient, means he will NEVER become President.

Though this might be too much of a 'conspiracy' theory for some, I firmly believe that some of the Republican candidates have been coaxed into running and backed financially so as to give the illusion that the choice is Rudy McRomthson- or wasting your vote on second tier dwellers. Look at how hard World Net Daily plugged Tancredo, for example.

I tend to estimate, very roughly, that Dr. Paul will have on hand somewhere in the area of 4-4.5 million dollars on hand (and less debt) at the close of this month. I sincerely hope we can see an even greater push so as to crack the five million mark or even six, but such would be on the upper end of the prediction scale.

legion
06-19-2007, 10:33 PM
huckabee did very well in the debates

the guys pretty clever and a good speaker, you just got to give it to him, even if you dislike his message.

dspectre
06-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Guys,

Of course we don't really know anything at this point about the numbers. It could be really high or really low. However, we have to assume that it is lower. We have to get that cash in, he's our only hope!!

BW4Paul
06-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Guys,

Of course we don't really know anything at this point about the numbers. It could be really high or really low. However, we have to assume that it is lower. We have to get that cash in, he's our only hope!!

Hooray for donating! I made my first political donation ever a few weeks ago... and then I donated again through the StudentsForPaul drive. Truly, I've never felt more patriotic!