PDA

View Full Version : Christian talk radio now pushing that Mormons are cool...

wgadget
04-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Who expected it on the day Santa drops out?

:rolleyes:

TheGrinch
04-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I agree, they believe the Constitution is a divinely inspired document. Too bad Romney doesn't...

sailingaway
04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
I agree, they believe the Constitution is a divinely inspired document. Too bad Romney doesn't...

this ^. I have absolutely no problem with Mormans other than those voting for Romney on his stated religion, only.

wgadget
04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah, okay..But I know a lot of evangelicals who think it's a cult.

I guess that was the 2008 Edition.

Chowder
04-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Has anyone noticed many months ago "I'm a mormon." ads popping up everywhere on youtube and other websites?

TheGrinch
04-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah, okay..But I know a lot of evangelicals who think it's a cult.

I guess that was the 2008 Edition.
Oh no, you're definitely right that it's very hypocritical of them, and quite convenient....

HOLLYWOOD
04-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, when it comes to politics, it is called, "United States of Amnesia"

Peace&Freedom
04-10-2012, 02:04 PM
If Satan were the frontrunner, would Satan be declared cool as well? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BELIEVING IN TRUE DOCTRINE? Christian radio is now a largely captive member of the Republican Party.

alucard13mmfmj
04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
this ^. I have absolutely no problem with Mormans other than those voting for Romney on his stated religion, only.

voting for OR not voting for Romney based on his stated religion, only. There are people that vote for Romney just because he shares the same religious beliefs. There are also people that don't vote for Romney just because he shares different religious beliefs.

sailingaway
04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
voting for OR not voting for Romney based on his stated religion, only. There are people that vote for Romney just because he shares the same religious beliefs. There are also people that don't vote for Romney just because he shares different religious beliefs.

yeah, but they aren't Morman, which was the topic.... :p

Lishy
04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm a raging atheist with a pitchfork and torch, so I'm just gonna brush them off as naive fools and crazies.

Xhin
04-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Has anyone noticed many months ago "I'm a mormon." ads popping up everywhere on youtube and other websites?

Yeah, I was about to say that too. I did some digging a while back and the "I'm a Mormon" campaign started about a year before Romney's run for office. What's weird about the campaign is that a ton of mormons don't like it because it's basically watering down their beliefs. Since I was raised LDS a bit during high school, some of it definitely doesn't sit right.

Southron
04-10-2012, 02:26 PM
So who was saying this, again?

TruckinMike
04-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Has anyone noticed many months ago "I'm a mormon." ads popping up everywhere on youtube and other websites? You forgot the HUNDREDS of billboards across the nation. --- No offense to the Mormons out there but those ads are just plain Creepy - with an Orwellian twist.

Brian4Liberty
04-10-2012, 03:16 PM
So who was saying this, again?

Wow, just saw Carl Rove and Britt Hume saying the same thing (i.e. Mormons are good people, you can't question Mormonism). Carl Rove inferred that it was similar to antisemitism to question Romney's religion.

wgadget
04-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Wow, just saw Carl Rove and Britt Hume saying the same thing (i.e. Mormons are good people, you can't question Mormonism). Carl Rove inferred that it was similar to antisemitism to question Romney's religion.

What brought this thread to fruition was hearing Dennis Prager put a Mormon woman on the air with some whackadilly theological ideas, the upshot being that Christians, Jews, MORMONS are cool (with a blatant exception given to MUSLIMS). He was specifically praising the WISDOM of all the wonderful wondrous religions...Especially Mormonism.

Butchie
04-10-2012, 03:37 PM
What brought this thread to fruition was hearing Dennis Prager put a Mormon woman on the air with some whackadilly theological ideas, the upshot being that Christians, Jews, MORMONS are cool (with a blatant exception given to MUSLIMS). He was specifically praising the WISDOM of all the wonderful wondrous religions...Especially Mormonism.

I can only hope Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert get ahold of all of this.

alucard13mmfmj
04-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes. I've been getting ads on youtube for mormon.org. You can't skip it either cause its short enough but still take 30seconds >.>

Buddha power!!

TheGrinch
04-10-2012, 03:39 PM
If it's antisemitism to question Romney, then I don't wanna know what you'd call my feelings about Rove :rolleyes:

alucard13mmfmj
04-10-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm going to have to assume they are using religion as a spring board to gain sympathetic votes. Kind of like Obama and the use of race. Vote for Obama cause blacks has been enslaved for centuries! Vote for Romney whos people had been oppressed for a long time!

It is sickening for the establishment to use these dirty tactics. Very sickening.

BlackTerrel
04-10-2012, 09:51 PM
First off Mormons are cool.

Second off you're making a blanket statement about Christian talk radio. There are still plenty that have and will continue to be bigoted about Mormons.

BlackTerrel
04-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Who cares?

If Romney wins are we going to see more and more anti-Mormon threads on RPF.

Am I the only one that remembers that Romney's own Mormon family members came out in support of Ron Paul?