PDA

View Full Version : Who here thinks we can win Texas now?

twomp
04-10-2012, 01:06 PM
2008 Primary:
Votes Percentage

John McCain 697,767 51.21%
Mike Huckabee 518,002 38.02%
Ron Paul 66,360 4.87%
Mitt Romney 27,264 2.00%

A Texas (May 29) win heading into California (June 5) a few days later?

We need a "Pre-Iowa" atmosphere again? Spring is here and the smell of R3VOLUTION is in the air!

KMX
04-10-2012, 01:09 PM
I have been door to door a bunch here in the north Texas area. Nobody likes Obama, or Mitt. and "I like Ron but he can't win" so it was going to be a Sandtourm state.... I bet there is fraud and Romeny wins.

Jarg
04-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Yes he can easily win gingrich will also be pushing hard there to make his final stand this is apparently he campaign is bankrupt.

So this is now a paul romney race

digitaldean
04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Paul needs to come out with a new ad that shows he can win in a general election. Half of the people voting for Mitt are doing so because they think he is the best to beat Obama. They need to see the crowds Paul gets/people in trees lol to see he is the best chance to beat Obama.

HOLLYWOOD
04-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't know... has Ron worn a Cowboy hat lately?

Maybe Alamo fundraiser, or funding to the Military Industrial Complex across Texas?

I mean even Ben Bernake welcomed military members back to Texas in the wee early morning hours in Texas. Ron should of been there... not that shill Bernake, which of course was broadcasted nationally, across corporate MSM.

Havax
04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
It might be the most awesome thing in the world if Ron came to a rally open-carrying.

Paul Or Nothing II
04-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Paul needs to come out with a new ad that shows he can win in a general election. Half of the people voting for Mitt are doing so because they think he is the best to beat Obama. They need to see the crowds Paul gets/people in trees lol to see he is the best chance to beat Obama.

+1

"Electability" against Obama is the ONLY reason Romney is getting ANY traction, most Repubs HATE him with passion & with all the "unelectable" meme that's been spread about Ron, we MUST present Ron as ANTI-OBAMA!

LostNFoundNTx
04-10-2012, 01:21 PM
It might be the most awesome thing in the world if Ron came to a rally open-carrying.

Open carry is illegal in TX (with or w/o CCW).

eleganz
04-10-2012, 01:23 PM
They actually prefer conceal carry in TX.

And yes I think Ron can win.

Suzu
04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
No idea on Texas but it's gonna help us big time in MO!!!! :D

GreenBulldog
04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I have been door to door a bunch here in the north Texas area. Nobody likes Obama, or Mitt. and "I like Ron but he can't win"

When you get that again, ask them, "If he can't win, why does the MSM put in so much time and effort to emphasize that?"

Texan4Life
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM
I hope so, but frothy and newt will likely do well.

love the new TX ad tho. I think that will go over very well.

soulcyon
04-10-2012, 01:27 PM
"Electability" against Obama is the ONLY reason Romney is getting ANY traction, most Repubs HATE him with passion & with all the "unelectable" meme that's been spread about Ron, we MUST present Ron as ANTI-OBAMA!

^ This.

We're having that nice Philly Phreedom event, I urged about 20 of my friends/family to buspool together. We need bigger pushes in Texas!

Jmalo
04-10-2012, 01:28 PM
I am not saying he can't, but giving the numbers from 2008 is meaningless. Romney was not IN the race for Texas last time.

This probably doesn't change how many delegates Romney will get from Texas. At least not lower them. IT may change who CAN beat him, but in terms of keeping delegates out of Romney's hands, it is not a positive. Not for Texas or any of the rest of the states.

Any way you look at it, Romney is going to pick up SOME new votes. Maybe not all of Santorums. Maybe not even most. But some will choose to vote for the "front runner" now. And since he was already so close to 50% is so many of the states moving forward, it is not good for Ron Paul for Romney to pick up even one more vote.

Roy Bleckert
Texas by & large rejects Liberty candidates , on the national front last 3 Texas prez LBJ, Bush 1 & 2 how can you get better gov. control candidates than that ?

The last Rep Gov. race ... Texas Rep far preferred Tricky Ricky over Debra Medina

Most Texans & Especially Texas Republicans do not like Ron Paul

I could go on & on but when it comes to freedom & liberty my experience with most Texans is that the are All Hat No Cattle LOLLL !!!!!

twomp
I hope so, but frothy and newt will likely do well.

love the new TX ad tho. I think that will go over very well.

Santorum is out now...

maxoutco
04-10-2012, 01:31 PM
+1

THIS ^^^ and he will save Social Security and Medicaire!

Shazam, we have electability...

PolicyReader
04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
+1

Like this: http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-06-15/ron-pauls-message-to-barack-obama/

I'm sure there are others, lets dig them up and spread them around!

Santorum dropping is a double edged sword, we can either step up and make it ours, make an advantage out of it or we can let the media make it theirs and we all know what that'll be.

twomp
04-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Santorum dropping is a double edged sword, we can either step up and make it ours, make an advantage out of it or we can let the media make it theirs and we all know what that'll be.

This is so true! There are anti-Romney people out there. We need to make every effort to take their votes before the media does. With all the good rally's coming out of California last week and the rallys in Texas this week, we need to build on this momentum. This is our chance!

twomp
04-10-2012, 01:38 PM
double post ~ sorry