AlexMerced
11-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Just cause you can't vote doesn't mean you can't vote

transistor
11-14-2007, 10:10 PM
err what?

Austin
11-14-2007, 10:12 PM
One of my friends will not be able to vote, but he is collecting signatures for ballet placement and has easily converted as many or more people than I have.

constitutional
11-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I can't vote (not a citizen yet) but I talk about RP wherever I can. :D

Wyurm
11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
As far as I'm aware, you can't pass out political info at a polling place.

constitutional
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
As far as I'm aware, you can't pass out political info at a polling place.

even the citizens can't?

StateofTrance
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Disclaimer : I don't take part in any volunteer political activities as a foreign student, even though I legally can. But the least I can do is informally ask people what they think about Dr. Paul. Because the last thing any foreigner would want is to get kicked out of the States for "silly" reasons..Remember you came to America with a purpose (studying, researching etc.) and NOT to take part in any political activity. So, you really don't want to anger Uncle Sam because he is watching your moves baby..

Here's all the info you need if you're a foreigner :

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/foreign.shtml

Volunteer Activity

Generally, an individual may volunteer personal services to a federal candidate or federal political committee without making a contribution. The Act provides this volunteer "exemption" as long as the individual performing the service is not compensated by anyone. 11 CFR 100.74. The Commission has addressed applicability of this exemption to volunteer activity by a foreign national, as explained below.

In Advisory Opinion 1987-25, the Commission allowed a foreign national student to provide uncompensated volunteer services to a Presidential campaign. By contrast, the decision in AO 1981-51 prohibited a foreign national artist from donating his services in connection with fundraising for a Senate campaign. [2]

Austin
11-14-2007, 10:22 PM
They are correct, I believe you have to be across the street or something.

Handing out slim jim's on election day wouldn't do much good. We need people to look into him before the primaries.

StateofTrance
11-14-2007, 10:23 PM
im pretty sure its illegal :/ but i donate since I cant vote.

It's not, read above.

AlexMerced
11-14-2007, 11:27 PM
my point is just since you can't vote doesn't mean you get to stay at home on the day the primaries!

Every body counts