Agorism
04-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Paul backer wins reelection as Iowa GOP chairman

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/74944_Page3.html#ixzz1rZ52apn6

sailingaway
04-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Good
/edit

Actually, I don't see where it says that. It says he was narrowly elected but I think that was the original time. The insider is just whining about it now

PolicyReader
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Good news :D (oh, and doesn't that make him a national delegate too? )

PatriotOne
04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Hmmmmm.........sounds like an opening here also......

There will be an election later this month in Nevada to find a new chairman.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/74944_Page3.html#ixzz1rasafR78

J_White
04-09-2012, 10:18 PM
yummy !! one state at a time !

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/74944_Page3.html#ixzz1rasafR78

tbone717
04-10-2012, 05:18 AM
One quote pulled from the article that should draw our attention: "“I don’t think he knows how to execute a plan – communications, fundraising or field,” said the Republican. “He’s not a guy you have a lot of confidence in.”

It is important that as our folks start to run for and potentially win these positions and offices, that we have people that are skilled and able to lead. We want to be people that others have confidence in, not people that others doubt. I am not aware of Spiker's abilities (so this doesn't reference him particularly), but the worst thing we can have is one of our folks win a seat and then be unable to perform the duties effectively.

EaSy
04-10-2012, 06:41 AM
It is important that as our folks start to run for and potentially win these positions and offices, that we have people that are skilled and able to lead. We want to be people that others have confidence in, not people that others doubt. I am not aware of Spiker's abilities (so this doesn't reference him particularly), but the worst thing we can have is one of our folks win a seat and then be unable to perform the duties effectively

If GOP nominate RP, they won't have problems with fundraising and field for sure. :)

Paul Or Nothing II
04-10-2012, 06:50 AM

I hope our people are there to take over :D

yummy !! one state at a time !

One step at a time, one State at a time, we take our liberties back! :D

Darguth
04-10-2012, 08:08 AM
One quote pulled from the article that should draw our attention: "“I don’t think he knows how to execute a plan – communications, fundraising or field,” said the Republican. “He’s not a guy you have a lot of confidence in.”

It is important that as our folks start to run for and potentially win these positions and offices, that we have people that are skilled and able to lead. We want to be people that others have confidence in, not people that others doubt. I am not aware of Spiker's abilities (so this doesn't reference him particularly), but the worst thing we can have is one of our folks win a seat and then be unable to perform the duties effectively.

Rachel Maddow had a short piece on this last night where she was espousing how the GOP is dying. She pointed to the fact that GOP insiders were complaining about the new Iowa chair.

My guess is their complaints are really based on his ideology and principles rather than his competency.

tbone717
04-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Rachel Maddow had a short piece on this last night where she was espousing how the GOP is dying. She pointed to the fact that GOP insiders were complaining about the new Iowa chair.

My guess is their complaints are really based on his ideology and principles rather than his competency.

Maddow is as left wing as they come. I would take anything she says with a grain of salt.

Darguth
04-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Maddow is as left wing as they come. I would take anything she says with a grain of salt.

True, but she has given Ron Paul more coverage and fairer coverage than most of the MSM.

Like I said, the piece was an attack story on the GOP and she happened to mention this in that story. It just made me think that the problem in Iowa is likely that we're filling the power vacuum of a dying GOP and the die-hards don't like it, and not that our guy is actually incompetent.

Bruno
04-10-2012, 08:56 AM
When A.J. Spiker was introduced for his speech at the Polk Co convention last month, I was surprised it was to a lukewarm round of applause. Perhaps due to his ties to the Paul campaign, but who knows.

G-Wohl
04-10-2012, 09:16 AM
What does some pundit's political views necessarily have to do with the legitimacy or truthfulness behind an analysis of a person's effectiveness?

tbone717
04-10-2012, 09:43 AM
What does some pundit's political views necessarily have to do with the legitimacy or truthfulness behind an analysis of a person's effectiveness?

Because there is an inherent bias. Maddow wants to see the GOP crumble, therefore she will highlight and spin whatever information she has to suit her agenda.

Nonetheless, my initial comment was a more generalized statement, that we need to put people in office that are competent so that we can do the job effectively. The point being, is if you plan on running for a party seat, make sure you are competent enough to do the job.

Like I said, I don't know enough about Spiker or the Iowa situation to make comments on that specific issue.

nobody's_hero
04-10-2012, 10:23 AM

I don't know how you guys are going about it, but one goal we should include in this intellectual revolution is to break this mindset that we need people with "leadership" to hold office.

That's exactly why the GOP (actually, America, in general) is in this mess. No one wants to think for themselves, but they're placing all their stock in a few people at the top of the pyramid. "Leadership" is over-rated, and "representation" is under-rated. There is a difference between the two.

America's government was NOT, in any way, shape, or form, designed to require or even endorse the concept of leadership. It was designed to utilize the concept of representation. We are supposed to have a representative form of government. Those who desire "leadership" in our government, whether they be benevolent leaders or tyrannical masters, should immediately stop voting, because they're missing the point and doing more harm than good. If people want leadership instead of representation, they should move to North Korea, where they'll get more leadership than they can stomach.

Example:

Ron Paul has very little leadership ability, but he has enormous representative ability. I wouldn't trade a single 434-to-1 vote, where Ron Paul was the only one who represented me, for some worthless leadership ability to harness 434 votes to support some government scheme that I am entirely opposed to.