PDA

View Full Version : Attn: PA!! We NEED more volunteers to work polls. It's Easy! Plz Help.

JasonC
04-09-2012, 04:53 PM
We need more RP supporters working polling stations. It is that simple. There are so many people donating to RP from PA and not many working the polls. Some counties may be in a better situation than others, but in my county (Bucks) there are over 800 (rough numbers) people who've donated to the campaign and maybe 20-30 working the polls.

And it is easy! I did it in 2008. All you have to do is stand outside the entrance and ask people as they come in if they are Republican. If they are, you hand them a sheet/card/etc. that your coordinator makes for you with the names of the RP delegates. You do not even have to say you are with Ron Paul (in fact it is best you don't). You simply say, "this sheet has the names of some conservative delegates that would represent our county well. Thank you, sir/mam. Have a good day."

Please consider getting in touch with your county's campaign coordinator and volunteer to work the polls for the primary. Remember that RP needs delegates! "Let it not be said that we did nothing."

Edit: Thanks to Slovichon for posting this below:

Here is the list of contacts (coordinators):

http://ronpaulpa.com/index.php/projects/delegates

Lookup your Congressional district here:

http://www.paliberty.org/cd.pl

Please help. This is the most effective way to help win delegates for Paul. It is by far the easiest in Pennsylvania out of all states for volunteers. All you have to do is pass out a few cards when you go to vote. If you can stay for an hour (or all day), that's even better.

JasonC
04-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Also, you don't even have to live in PA to help. If you live close to the border you can help out there. Contact the appropriate coordinator, and they can assist you with the location you can work at for PA's primary. Anyone..?

PolicyReader
04-09-2012, 05:48 PM
If you can post contact info regarding this I'll spread it elsewhere as well.

slovichon
04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Here is the list of contacts:

Please help. This is the most effective way to help win delegates for Paul. It is by far the easiest in Pennsylvania out of all states for volunteers. All you have to do is pass out a few cards when you go to vote. If you can stay for an hour (or all day), that's even better.

hammy
04-09-2012, 10:07 PM
For the love of everything in the world, please, someone allow me to do something. I've gone to -3- Ron Paul PA meetups, and be the only one there. I am ready/willing/able. I could probably round up another 20 friends or so as well.

MelissaCato
04-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Hammy, contact Barb Denofa she'll hook you up if you get no answer from your contact below.

District 1: d1@ronpaulpa.com
District 2: d2@ronpaulpa.com
District 3: d3@ronpaulpa.com
District 4: d4@ronpaulpa.com
District 5: d5@ronpaulpa.com
District 6: d6@ronpaulpa.com
District 7: d7@ronpaulpa.com
District 8: d8@ronpaulpa.com
District 9: d9@ronpaulpa.com
District 10: d10@ronpaulpa.com
District 11: d11@ronpaulpa.com
District 12: d12@ronpaulpa.com
District 13: d13@ronpaulpa.com
District 14: d14@ronpaulpa.com
District 15: d15@ronpaulpa.com
District 16: d16@ronpaulpa.com
District 17: d17@ronpaulpa.com
District 18: d18@ronpaulpa.com

hammy
04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Hammy, contact Barb Denofa she'll hook you up if you get no answer from your contact below.

Ok, cool, I emailed my district a little earlier, I'll contact her if I don't hear back within a few days.

JasonC
04-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Here is the list of contacts:

Thanks for posting.

r3volution
04-10-2012, 01:01 AM

find your district here . http://www.redistricting.state.pa.us/Maps/Congressional.cfm

Barrex
04-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Bump

hammy
04-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I haven't heard from my contact. Can anyone give me the contact info for Barbara Denofa? Time is of the essence

Cos
04-10-2012, 11:10 AM
If you live in Southeastern PA, you can contact me. I can lead you in the right direction. I am in Delaware County and can get you some literature to hand out. I can even tell you what district you reside. We need help!!!

lawncafe@gmail.com

Cos
04-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Barb Denofa e-mail....

waveg224@verizon.net

Got that from Facebook.

DerailingDaTrain
04-10-2012, 02:37 PM
BUMP

Mckarnin
04-10-2012, 02:55 PM
bump

JasonC
04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
bump

PolicyReader
04-10-2012, 08:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f3thN1SoxpU

JasonC
04-11-2012, 11:49 AM
bump for more rp delegates in PA!

CaseyJones
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
bump

Nirvikalpa
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
BUMP! May help out!

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 01:16 AM
bump

Pawl2012
04-12-2012, 05:44 AM
I emailed my district to volunteer 2 weeks ago and havent heard a word back.

tuggy24g
04-12-2012, 07:44 AM
What district are you at? Try using this email. It is the main email for Ron Paul 4 PA grassroots. PA4RonPaul@gmail.com

jscoppe
04-12-2012, 09:58 AM
If anyone lives in district 16, which is Lancaster County, half of Chester County, and a sliver of Berks that includes the borough of Reading, please sign up for our delegate team's email updates at http://jscoppe.com/PACD16/ for info about volunteering and to get the Ron Paul delegate names, or email freedomdelegates@gmail.com.

liberalnurse
04-12-2012, 10:03 AM
If you live in District 10, Williamsport, Milton and surrounding area. You may contact me for futher info. on what we need.

JasonC
04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
If you have contacted someone and haven't heard back I apologize. With that said, don't stop there. Contact others. Get what you need. Take the initiative and let's get some delegates.

Massachusetts
04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Do you guys need any help making phone calls?

tuggy24g
04-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Not really. Like mentioned before in other posts that we are not really trying to get Ron Paul votes (I am, but most are not) but prop up the Ron Paul delegates. We are trying to get people to stand outside of polling places and hand out delegate cards with the delegates for that congressional district for Ron Paul called Liberty. From there we will try to persuade people to vote for are guys. Still not letting them know we are Ron Paul supporters and they are also. So making phone calls would be helpful, but I am not sure if the PA for Ron Paul even setup or got numbers to call. You can always try to email the main PA for Ron Paul at PA4RonPaul@gmail.com and see if there is anything you can do out of state and can't work a poll. They might be able to help you out with what ever they have a need for outsiders to do who do not live in PA or close to help man a poll.

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
CD 18 THE COORDINATOR OUT ON MEDICAL LEAVE.. YOU NEED TO USE THIS E-MAIL THANKS
matthew.heath@ronpaul2012.com.

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 11:57 AM
WE NEED HELP WITH CANVASING AND THE POLLS HANDING OUT LITERATURE.. IF YOU COULD VOLUNTEER FOR EITHER.. THANKS

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:07 PM
ANYONE WHO CAN CANVAS IN THE PHILA AREA PLEASE E-MAIL ASAP
CD 1: kerns.dr40@gmail.com

CD 2: williamfaust234@comcast.net

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
The CD18 coordinator is out on medical leave you need to use this e-mail to contact someone in that district

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:10 PM
you need to use this e-mail for CD 18

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:11 PM
CD 18 is out on medical leave you need to use this e-mail

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:12 PM
you can reach me at g224denofa@verizon.net

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:16 PM
If you are DC18 you need to use this e-mail

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
bump

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:29 PM
We need to find 1000's more people who are willing to hand out delegate cards at their own poll.

The role of our volunteers is easy. All you have to do is stand outside your polling location and give a card with our delegates' information to EVERY Republican voter that approaches the polls.

One simple approach is with arm outstretched, handing them a card, simply say, "Voting Republican? If you are voting for Romney, Gingrich, or Ron Paul, then you will want to also vote for these conservative delegate candidates. Please be sure to select ALL of them. Thank you very much!"

Can we count on you to handle your poll?

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/226458/important-new-pa-cd-18-contact-info-for-volunteering-delegate-info-etc.

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Literature drop event in CD17 Sat. 4/14
https://www.facebook.com/events/290790734328912/

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Please use these e-mail addresses... the above #18 and #6 are not working properly...

CD 3: brandon.magoon@gmail.com

CD 4: window-of-opportunity@hotmail.com

CD 5: thomas.g.brown@hotmail.com

CD 5: mavmrb3@gmail.com

CD 6: garyelloyd@gmail.com

CD 7: psellers624@gmail.com

CD 8: PA4RonPaul@gmail.com

CD 9: audrarp2012@gmail.com

CD 10: billy.allred@spx.com

CD 11: harrison17@hotmail.com

CD 12: blckrose@pitt.edu

CD 13: kafst26@gmail.com

CD 14: andymaul@yahoo.com

CD 14: slovichon@gmail.com

CD 15: tfbgino@yahoo.com

CD 16: bugsmashers@hotmail.com

CD 17: ericvillano@aol.com

CD 18: matthew.heath@ronpaul2012.com

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
please use these e-mails instead of the one's listed above.. Thank you

CD 3: brandon.magoon@gmail.com

CD 4: window-of-opportunity@hotmail.com

CD 5: thomas.g.brown@hotmail.com

CD 5: mavmrb3@gmail.com

CD 6: garyelloyd@gmail.com

CD 7: psellers624@gmail.com

CD 8: PA4RonPaul@gmail.com

CD 9: audrarp2012@gmail.com

CD 10: billy.allred@spx.com

CD 11: harrison17@hotmail.com

CD 12: blckrose@pitt.edu

CD 13: kafst26@gmail.com

CD 14: andymaul@yahoo.com

CD 14: slovichon@gmail.com

CD 15: tfbgino@yahoo.com

CD 16: bugsmashers@hotmail.com

CD 17: ericvillano@aol.com

CD 18: matthew.heath@ronpaul2012.com

Barb Denofa

libertylastchance
04-13-2012, 09:19 PM
CD7
Are you a Ron Paul supporter who is anxious to help the cause in any way you can? If so, we need your help.

Who are we? Ron Paul supporters running for delegate and alternate delegate in district 7.

What do we need? 3-4 hours of your time.

What do you need to do? Take supplied list of approximately 300 Republican voters and put a door hanger on their door. The door hanger will have our name and lever information on it.

When? This can be done anytime between 4/13 and 4/24 which is Primary Election Day.

Why is this important? In Pennsylvania the delegates choose the Republican nominee for president no matter who wins the popular vote. The best way to support Ron Paul is to support us.

What is our goal? To get 100 people to hit 300 Republican households. If we do this we estimate we will reach at least 40,000 Republican voters with Ron's message of fiscal discipline.

How to get involved? Email or call Joe Grande printerjoe@comcast.net or 610-449-8325.

Thanks you for your time and help.

Joe Grande

MZWhite
04-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi. I'm new to this whole political volunteering thing.

I've volunteered for tomorrow and have received the cards, I'm just not quite sure of what's expected of me when I first get there. Can you or anyone tell me, am I supposed to just show up at poll opening and stand outside? Or do I check in somewhere, or something?

I've never done this- or anything like it- before, and as far as I know I'm the only RP volunteer for this polling place. Help? Please?

Thanks!

We need to find 1000's more people who are willing to hand out delegate cards at their own poll.

The role of our volunteers is easy. All you have to do is stand outside your polling location and give a card with our delegates' information to EVERY Republican voter that approaches the polls.

One simple approach is with arm outstretched, handing them a card, simply say, "Voting Republican? If you are voting for Romney, Gingrich, or Ron Paul, then you will want to also vote for these conservative delegate candidates. Please be sure to select ALL of them. Thank you very much!"

Can we count on you to handle your poll?

JasonC
04-23-2012, 12:37 PM
All you have to do is (don't forget to vote first ;) ) find a good location outside where everyone will be walking by you and, well, stand there. Just have cards in hand and reach out to people walking by as you ask if they are Republican. You don't even need to mention you are with Ron Paul. Just say that the card has the names of some conservative candidates who will ensure we get the right conservative to beat Obama. Don't get into debates or arguments with people. Just get the delegates votes. If you think you can bring up Ron Paul then do so. If other people working outside ask who you are with you can say the Ron Paul campaign or make something up; it's up to you. Thank you! The post above mine has some good words to use verbatim, but I suggest being comfortable. Also, remember.. you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

If you know anyone else who can work polls please get them involved asap. Even if it is just for an hour during peak hours when people are getting home from work.

RDM
04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi. I'm new to this whole political volunteering thing.

I've volunteered for tomorrow and have received the cards, I'm just not quite sure of what's expected of me when I first get there. Can you or anyone tell me, am I supposed to just show up at poll opening and stand outside? Or do I check in somewhere, or something?

I've never done this- or anything like it- before, and as far as I know I'm the only RP volunteer for this polling place. Help? Please?

Thanks!
Just show up with you're material you have received. No need to check in. Follow the script in Post#1. Word of caution. You must stand at least 50 ft. away from entrance of polling station. If you are going to wear any clothes with a candidate's name or stickers, etc., you can't enter the polling station advertising any candidate. If you have to use a restroom inside polling station, remove or cover anything that represents one of the candidates whether it be local or national.

RDM
04-23-2012, 12:49 PM
If you are DC18 you need to use this e-mail

If that email gets no results, use this email also for CD-18: atty_karen_kiefer@yahoo.com or donnelly.melinda@yahoo.com

(donnelly.melinda@yahoo.com)

Massachusetts
04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm from MA. What can I do to help you guys in PA in the final stretch?

RDM
04-23-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm from MA. What can I do to help you guys in PA in the final stretch?

Have any contacts in PA you can get to the polls or work the polls? That would help.

Lindsey
04-23-2012, 01:29 PM
If you are going to wear any clothes with a candidate's name or stickers, etc.,

I was just going to dress business casual. Is that ok?

digitaldean
04-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Make sure you email the correct person in your district for what they want you to do. Pennsylvania has 72 total delegates and we could win more than half if we have people on the street. Below is more info:

http://www.dailypaul.com/228321/candidates-for-delegate-in-pennsylvania

And an official list from the Paul website:

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/04/22/pennsylvania-delegates/

I am not 100% sure how this works but if you print out the ones for your district only and hand these names out we can win. We would only need 25-30 people near voting areas but also don't go out of your way and state these are for Paul. Just be very rage so we can have the max vote for our guys so people wont take the list and vote for anyone but those people.

tuggy24g
04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
We need help In CD8. So please PM me if your willing to help out tomorrow. I am doing my part and I hope you all do the same.

Also I hope the weather is really really crappy in my area. Maybe people will stay home and not vote.

RDM
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I was just going to dress business casual. Is that ok?

That's fine. Some of us here in PA have teamed up with local candidates that are running for congress or other offices. I will be wearing a Evan Feinberg shirt who is running for Congress in my district D-18. I will not be wearing any Ron Paul stuff. Actually, at my polling station, I will be handing out material for Feinberg, Sam Rohrer and the Ron Paul delegate list for my district. Feinberg and Rohrer people are working with us to hand out the Ron Paul delegate list at the polls they man. The only thing I'm saying is I am handing out literature for "Fiscal Conservative Candidates and delegates that support Fiscal conservative candidates. That's it no mention of Ron Paul.

digitaldean
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Yes please listen to RDM and don't say you are with Ron Paul and that you represent conservatives. The goal is to look like your a Romeny guy so please dress nice with a suit if you can for max votes. The older you are the more likely the people over 60 will listen to you. Please no Ron Paul buttons/shirts which will just make people take the list and just vote opposite. The goal is to get at least half of the 72 delegates.

If people ask who is this list for even after you saying they are conservatives what are the people in all districts told to say?

Lindsey
04-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Word of caution. You must stand at least 50 ft. away from entrance of polling station. If you are going to wear any clothes with a candidate's name or stickers, etc., you can't enter the polling station advertising any candidate. If you have to use a restroom inside polling station, remove or cover anything that represents one of the candidates whether it be local or national.

Is this really the case? Because at the station where I am at there is a woman with a huge vote xxx sticker on her shoulder, standing immediately inside the door. BTW, they are keeping the doors closed and I stayed outside and a good distance from the door, because of this post.

kathy88
04-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Is this really the case? Because at the station where I am at there is a woman with a huge vote xxx sticker on her shoulder, standing immediately inside the door. BTW, they are keeping the doors closed and I stayed outside and a good distance from the door, because of this post.

Go remind her that she is breaking the rules.

Mike4Freedom
04-24-2012, 08:36 AM
It is 10 feet from the door, not 50.

Lindsey
04-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Well I just voted in my own precinct and there are people there handing out "sample ballots" with our candidates names omitted and a red circle with a slash where their names would be. I'll scan it in when I get home, if anyone wants to see..

CaptUSA
04-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Well I just voted in my own precinct and there are people there handing out "sample ballots" with our candidates names omitted and a red circle with a slash where their names would be. I'll scan it in when I get home, if anyone wants to see..Really?! What district?

This sounds like the party people telling voters to vote for anyone but the Paul delegates.

Lindsey
04-24-2012, 08:50 AM
CD1 - Delaware County. I asked where they received the cards from and they said they came from "Media" (I presume he meant the Del Co. Rep. Party.)

CaptUSA
04-24-2012, 08:53 AM
CD1 - Delaware County. I asked where they received the cards from and they said they came from "Media" (I presume he meant the Del Co. Rep. Party.)I suppose it would have been pretty naive not to expect some counter-efforts to the liberty movement. Hopefully you can spare a few minutes to hand out some "good" delegate cards.

Mckarnin
04-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Well I just voted in my own precinct and there are people there handing out "sample ballots" with our candidates names omitted and a red circle with a slash where their names would be. I'll scan it in when I get home, if anyone wants to see..

Wow that's low. A picture would be good. I doubt anyone is stooping to those lows against other candidate's delegates.

Lindsey
04-24-2012, 08:57 AM

Here they are:
http://www.msrecycle.com/Images/IMG_1457.JPG
http://www.msrecycle.com/Images/IMG_1460.JPG

Can someone re-size those for me?
The writing in black is where I added the missing candidates.

Suzu
04-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Would be happy to do that. What size do you want them to be?

Suzu
04-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Well here's a 50% reduction:
1417 1416

wish I knew how to post them in actual size instead of just thumbnails.... I took the liberty of rotating them to be readable without tilting one's head, and adjust the contrast and sharpness as well.

Bastiat's The Law
04-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Are they Paul people handing out our own cards at this place?

Lindsey
04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks Suzu! I have broken my links since you've covered it for me!

Bastiat - I was handing out delegate cards all day at another precinct. They had similar cards,(the same except the committee persons) at that precinct too. Turns out they were paid for by senatorial candidate, Steven Walsh. My precinct is a smaller one, but someone was supposed to be there from 5 to 8 handing out our cards.

Apparently, I fit in pretty well. I got invited to the masonic lodge for the vote counting party. 13 hours with the people at the polls and they apparently didn't determine that I was a Ron Paul supporter. I am exhausted, winburnt and sunburnt - I didn't go to the party, I am going to bed.

juvanya
04-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Bah I wouldve done this or told people about it had I known. Altho I live in NJ.