PDA

View Full Version : Massie raised $230,000 in Q1!

Jeremy
04-09-2012, 12:33 PM
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/941b069c1036456f93f7bc24c75d66ce/KY--Kentucky-Congress/

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Tea party congressional candidate Thomas Massie has banked more than $230,000 for his Republican primary campaign.

Massie, 40, an engineer and businessman now serving as Lewis County judge-executive, is one of seven candidates seeking the GOP nomination in the battle to replace to retiring U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis in northern Kentucky's 4th District.

Massie said Monday he will report $150,000 in contributions between Jan. 1 and March 31, plus $80,000 that he and his wife loaned the campaign.

Massie said Monday he will report $150,000 in contributions between Jan. 1 and March 31, plus $80,000 that he and his wife loaned the campaign.

Others in the May 22 Republican primary race are state Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington, Boone County Judge-Executive Gary Moore, Crestwood teacher Brian Oerther, Fort Mitchell business consultant Tom Wurtz, Erlanger lawyer Marc Carey and Crestwood building contractor Walter Christian Schumm.

All the candidates are required to file campaign finance reports within a week.

Sola_Fide
04-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Name-recognition, boots on the ground, money.

Name ID is getting better and better...thanks to signs everywhere and an epic ad.

No other campaign can compare with our ground game right now.

Money....we are doing well in that area, but we need more.

This is a WINNING campaign guys. DONATE, DONATE, DONATE! We can do this!

Sola_Fide
04-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Others in the May 22 Republican primary race are state Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington, Boone County Judge-Executive Gary Moore, Crestwood teacher Brian Oerther, Fort Mitchell business consultant Tom Wurtz, Erlanger lawyer Marc Carey and Crestwood building contractor Walter Christian Schumm.

About the other guys in this race (I'll put them in order of no chance to best chance against Thomas):

Brian Oerther: super nice guy, a teacher and a soccer coach. He can barely speak in front of crowds and sometimes bursts into tears at Tea Party meetings. Going no where.

Tom Wurtz: a businessman who went to a few Tea Party meetings and thought if he ran he could bring attention to his website. Going nowhere.

Marc Carey: Not worth mentioning. Has better name ID than a math teacher and an unknown businessman but what does that mean? Going absolutely nowhere.

Walt Schumm: Tea Party people hate this guy for his time on the school board. Bad, bad record there. He will probably get more votes in Oldham County than Oerther, Wurtz, and Carey put together though. But still going nowhere.

Alecia and Moore: probably have an equal chance right now. Moore is playing up the religious language and having some success with it, but his fiscal credentials can be called into question. Alecia is the establishment candidate with the unspoken support of Davis and the entire Kentucky good ol boy network. Id say both have an equal shot.

Massie: has the enthusiasm, the Tea Parties, Rand, the ground game, the signage, the money, and the interesting life story.

We are in a very good position. Thomas might need to tweak my understanding of things here, but I think they are pretty close to reality.

TruthisTreason
04-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Nice haul!

trey4sports
04-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Nice. Seems pretty good this early on. It will be interesting to see how much edge raises....

thomas-in-ky
04-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Sola-Fide gave a good summary. I wouldn't trade my position with anyone else in the race but we have so much to do in the next 43 days. This is what you can do:

1. Donate to the campaign. We have the same ad company that did Rand Paul's commercials (his wife works there!), but great ads won't do us any good if we don't have the $ to run them with sufficient frequency in the last weeks.

2. Promote the upcoming money bomb.

3. Make phone calls. We have a great phone from home setup. You know the drill!

4. Get the word out via social media. Even if your friends don't vote in KY, their friends might. The world is smaller than most realize.

Thank you! I am in this to help our country! We don't have too many opportunities like this. This one is winnable, and the republican nominee is virtually guaranteed to win in the fall. 15,000 votes will win this congressional race!

Thomas

Aratus
04-09-2012, 03:01 PM
am glad that like dr. ron paul
you are totally in it to win it!

Jeremy
04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Another article on it http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120409/NEWS01/304090065/Massie-banks-230-000-congressional-primary

edit: another one: http://www.wlwt.com/politics/30861456/detail.html