PDA

View Full Version : I have an odd feeling that Ron Paul is going to be Federal Reserve Chair

BarryDonegan
04-09-2012, 04:27 AM
I can't explain why, but for some reason, I have this feeling that, one way or another, and, maybe even this year if we don't wind up winning, that Ron Paul will be appointed fed chair. The politicians up there listening to him debate have all begun to shift on that issue, and, if you think about it, Ron Paul is educating them. They may beat up on him with jingosim in the debates, but in their own minds, they are listening to Ron Paul a lot more than we are probably. If you were a smart guy with a business background who actually makes money, you probably would be pretty curious about what Ron Paul says about money given his track record for predicting things. In fact, he might seem smarter on monetary policy than anyone they can find, and they may actually think it enough to do it. I have a weird feeling that this is going to happen in the event Ron Paul doesn't become president this time.

This seems like his destiny. Also, the people would all be very fine with that. The average Republican, if you asked him should Ron Paul be Federal Reserve chair, they would almost all say, not only yes, but emphatically yes. Federal Reserve Chair would be a better position than president. It is significantly more powerful, and Ron Paul could bring about change must faster in that position. I wish there was a way to guarantee this outcome as a backup plan at the convention. From the position of Federal Reserve chair, he could do the most comprehensive possible audit and really expose it well enough to have it abolished, and then to be the leading voice on what to do to phase out of it.

PolicyReader
04-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Last I heard the list of nominees for FED chair was composed by the FED board and then submitted to congress. In other words for anyone to head the FED the members of the FED would have to put them in the pool to be selected (or the laws would have to change).

Tho perhaps I've misunderstood how the process works?

alucard13mmfmj
04-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Even if it were possible, it would require Ron to probably endorse Romney. Ron would not soil his own name to endorse Romney, especially when Obama will most likely win against Romney in the general election. A lot of people would probably be upset about it as well, even though being a Fed chair could bring real change.

But yeah, I think Fed chairs are picked by a committee and submitted to congress for approval or something of that nature.

dbill27
04-09-2012, 04:48 AM
0 chance of this happening. I could see a romney president appointing ron secretary of the treasury and only if ron endorsed romney.

WilliamC
04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Even if it were possible, it would require Ron to probably endorse Romney. Ron would not soil his own name to endorse Romney, especially when Obama will most likely win against Romney in the general election. A lot of people would probably be upset about it as well, even though being a Fed chair could bring real change.

But yeah, I think Fed chairs are picked by a committee and submitted to congress for approval or something of that nature.

No, it would not require Paul to 'endorse' Romney, at least not in the sense that Ron Paul changes any of his positions.

If this were to happen it will be because Romney endorses Ron Paul.

Whether or not Romney is able to make this change is questionable, I don't know how much is compromised and being blackmailed as almost all politicians are today.

But the fact that Ann Romney and and Carol Paul are friends says a lot to me about Romney not being as evil as most DC politicians.

RileyE104
04-09-2012, 06:53 AM
I heared every FED chairman has been Jewish so unless Dr. Paul had a change in his religious preference I don't see him getting that position.

John F Kennedy III
04-09-2012, 07:09 AM
I did say on mine and my friends radio show last week that I believe Ron would be able to help this country more as FED Chairman than as President...

*ducks*

Todd
04-09-2012, 07:14 AM
They would never put someone in charge of that institution that wants to dismantle it.

Tod
04-09-2012, 07:29 AM
I don't see THAT happening at all. I can't imagine he would accept such a position.

Dianne
04-09-2012, 07:35 AM
They would never put someone in charge of that institution that wants to dismantle it.

Agreed !! And Romney is owned by the banks, so he would never consider Paul for that position. I do think Romney will offer Paul something; but nothing related to the banksters.

speciallyblend
04-09-2012, 07:49 AM
not acceptable, i have no need for gop crumbs! President Paul or the gop elects obama!

John F Kennedy III
04-09-2012, 07:59 AM

Or that would run it properly.

VanBummel
04-09-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't believe it, but I'd love to see it.

Chairman Paul's first day: "Good morning everyone. You're all fired, and I quit!"

Constitutional Paulicy
04-09-2012, 08:19 AM
I don't believe it, but I'd love to see it.

Chairman Paul's first day: "Good morning everyone. You're all fired, and I quit!"

LOL :D

Origanalist
04-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Agreed !! And Romney is owned by the banks, so he would never consider Paul for that position. I do think Romney will offer Paul something; but nothing related to the banksters.

Right on the money, so to speak. If Romney were to offer such a position and Paul accepted, wouldn't that lead one to think Ron Paul sold out to the Money Mafia?

thoughtomator
04-09-2012, 08:51 AM
it's a moot point since the banks choose the candidates from which the President selects, and Paul would never be on that list of bankers' candidates

Cos
04-09-2012, 08:52 AM
This would never happen. Would love to see it happen though. The Fed board chooses the chairman, then the president signs off on the pick. If he don't sign, then they choose another. Vicious circle, but they have it locked that way.

Cleaner44
04-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Last I heard the list of nominees for FED chair was composed by the FED board and then submitted to congress. In other words for anyone to head the FED the members of the FED would have to put them in the pool to be selected (or the laws would have to change).

Tho perhaps I've misunderstood how the process works?

This is my understanding too. Ron Paul has ZERO chance of being the Chairman of the Fed.

Travlyr
04-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Or that would run it properly.

Fixing the Fed is not an option. It delivers too much power to ever be properly restrained. There is no way they will let Ron Paul destroy their beloved counterfeiting ring. As Federal Reserve Chairman Ron Paul would have to be our Frodo Baggins.

Lord of the Rings
An innocent hobbit of The Shire journeys with eight companions to the fires of Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring and the dark lord Sauron forever.

04-09-2012, 09:07 AM
The member banks would have to approve the nomination. So don't count on it.

I think Ron or Rand have a very good chance at becoming VP.

StilesBC
04-09-2012, 09:14 AM
RP is not an economist. This is silly.

Todd
04-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I think Ron or Rand have a very good chance at becoming VP nominees.

fixed.

Romney's not beating Obama.

azxd
04-09-2012, 09:29 AM
As others have already justified why, I'll just say it will never happen.

JK/SEA
04-09-2012, 09:33 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhh............................no.

soulcyon
04-09-2012, 09:40 AM
If this happened, I would be super thrilled xD

jolynna
04-09-2012, 09:47 AM
But the fact that Ann Romney and and Carol Paul are friends says a lot to me about Romney not being as evil as most DC politicians.

I don't know your definition of "evil", but I'd say that a man who spent much of the last decade writing op-eds advocating for covert war, secret prisons and torture is getting there..despite being pleasant, polite and married to a "nice" person. Romney is the godfather of the spy data centers and national IDs...his Massachusetts ones were the models and prototypes. (Romney and the ACLU have been at odds over Romney's assaults on civil liberties since Romney was governor.)

Romney called Bush a HERO for the way he handled the financial crisis and said Bush saved the United States from financial "ruin" with his (Bush's) actions. I don't see Romney putting Ron Paul in charge of ANYTHING that would keep the printing presses from running should Romney's biggest campaign donators need "help" again.

In my opinion.

JasonM
04-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Ron Paul as fed chairman would finally expose all the shit that's been going on for decades that's currently being hidden away, and he'd do it quickly before anyone realizes what he's about to do. The information disclosed would cause people to call for its dismantling immediately.

Lightweis
04-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Yucky thread

04-09-2012, 10:20 AM
fixed.

Romney's not beating Obama.

With Ron or Rand he would.

Honestly, Romney and Obama have been statistically tied in most polling swapping the lead back and forth. When Romney flips away from the neocon rhetoric for the general like everyone knows he will, he would pick up in the polling. One of the Pauls would swing the election to the Republicans.

chudrockz
04-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Strange. I have an odd feeling that Ron Paul is going to be President.

04-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Strange. I have an odd feeling that Ron Paul is going to be President.

It's still a slim possibility, sure. We all want that of course.

ctiger2
04-09-2012, 10:24 AM
HAHA! When hell freezes over. It would NEVER be offered.

WilliamC
04-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't know your definition of "evil", but I'd say that a man who spent much of the last decade writing op-eds advocating for covert war, secret prisons and torture is getting there..despite being pleasant, polite and married to a "nice" person. Romney is the godfather of the spy data centers and national IDs...his Massachusetts ones were the models and prototypes. (Romney and the ACLU have been at odds over Romney's assaults on civil liberties since Romney was governor.)

Romney called Bush a HERO for the way he handled the financial crisis and said Bush saved the United States from financial "ruin" with his (Bush's) actions. I don't see Romney putting Ron Paul in charge of ANYTHING that would keep the printing presses from running should Romney's biggest campaign donators need "help" again.

In my opinion.

Just going by what I stated.

The fact that Romney and Paul have a cordial relationship merely indicates that Romney may have more of a decent side to him than the average DC insider.

Only speculation on my part though.

04-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Just going by what I stated.

The fact that Romney and Paul have a cordial relationship merely indicates that Romney may have more of a decent side to him than the average DC insider.

Only speculation on my part though.

I speculate the same. I could be wrong. I guess we'll see how this plays out. If Romney comes up short and Gingrich and Santorum hold on, Romney will be REAL friendly.

rpwi
04-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Obama won't nominate him and Romney has said he opposed the gold standard. See no chance of this happening.

nasaal
04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
secretary of treasure perhaps. But no one with the kind of power of fed chairman.

jscoppe
04-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Sorry OP, that's nonsense. President Romney or Obama would need Helicopter Ben to keep printing up dollars to fund their warmongering and huge deficits.

papitosabe
04-09-2012, 03:27 PM
about as likely as RP being secretary of defense

abruzz0
04-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Not gonna happen.