PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from Tisha Casida (liberty candidate for congress in colorado)

silk30
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi all. I rarely post anything but I am on the RPF's regularly ferreting out the latest and greatest news. Just thought I would post today because I'm a bit hyped up.

Went to work today at my 2cond shift job like always and got a phone call around 5:00 pm with a weird area code I didn't recognize. I went ahead and answered it and was asked "Hi, is this (insert my name)"...I said yes and the response to that was "Hi, this is Tisha Casida". I don't think I even let her finish because I just blurted "Get outta here!"

It did sound like her and she went on to assure me it really was her and how she was making calls to let her supporters know about her petitions and how she was hoping to get donations etc etc. I figured of course that donations and getting the word out was why she was calling people, but she talked to me for almost HALF AN HOUR! Just shy of thirty minutes of her day gone. Spent talking to just one supporter. A financially poor one at that.

I even tried to let her go a few times so I wouldn't waste her time and so she could get on with spreading her platform and collecting donations. But she was very engaging and gracious about it and insisted it was perfectly fine to continue our discussion. No rush, no impatience. Very sweet person.

Our conversation centered around the issues that are discussed and dissected regularly here at RPF's. From that conversation, I confirmed a few things. Tisha is genuine, intelligent, and articulate. She has integrity and very humble. She's quick to admit she doesn't know EVERYTHING, but has a pretty good grasp on the critical issues, the ones that matter. She possesses a good sense of humor and is VERY determined to run, win, and make actual, serious changes. NO B.S

I think what impressed me most, besides her obvious sincerity, was that she is a strong, passionate, fiery young woman. She tells it like it is, and will always do so. No pandering, no compromise when there absolutely should not be any compromise, no being a "politician". She would be a stateswoman, and a damn good one. (Oh, and not that it has any bearing on her platform or anything, but she is beautiful to boot :) Just a happy little bonus for me)

Anyway, her phone call and the conversation that followed made my day and I just felt like posting about it. The only reason I know about her is because someone on the DailyPaul created a post about her. So thanks to that person and the DailyPaul I know about another great liberty candidate. In case you haven't heard about her, she is a liberty candidate running as an independent in her district in Colorado. Her platform is very similar to RP's. She's worth giving a look if you haven't already. I've been following her campaign and donating the past few months and will continue to do so. Her website is:

www.casida2012.com