PDA

View Full Version : Help Ron Paul Win South Dakota (Urgent Request)

skyorbit
04-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi. My name is Tracy Saboe. Most of you i think know me. I was very active in the 2008 Campaign. Current Polling has Ron Paul actually leading in SD, so it's just a matter of getting boots on the ground to make sure his supporters show up.

Right now, we have an urgent request. We're need to raise funds to send mailers to the various 3rd parties in South Dakota (all of which are closely alined with Ron Paul's positions.) The Libertarian Party, the Constitution Party, and the Reform Party.

We're just going to mail them out ourselves so we have a chip-in set up. We're only needing about $2,000 for this. And then, after we get this project done, we're going to be sending mailers to Republicans in low population density counties. In total for everything we're probably needing about $20,000, but for now, this is the most urgent because it's more time sensitive and these are much easier converts.

We did this 4 years ago, and I personally know of many people who changed their registration specifically to vote for ron Paul as a result. This time, with him actually having a possibility of winning with a brokered convention, I believe it'll be even more effective.

Please donate whatever you can.
http://sdronpaul.chipin.com/mailer-to-3rd-parties-ii

7b2384cfc81ee604

I have this cross posted at the Daily Paul. Please vote up and keep it bumped if you have an account there.
http://www.dailypaul.com/225426/help-ron-paul-win-south-dakota-urgent-request

Update.
We've been able to cut some expenses and get a bulk rate, so we've been able to cut our expenses down to about $1,300 instead.

I also had a very generous donor mail me a check for $250, so with that, we only need about $300 more to go and we'll have this completed.

We're stuffing envelopes Sunday. If anybody wants to donate anything more to help us cover costs it would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to this we've bought booths at several events around the state, and I just made an ad buy in our Local TidBits for $200, so we're trying to recoup costs from other projects as well.

Tracy

sailingaway
04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
this sounds like a good idea. What is the flyer going to have in it?

skyorbit
04-08-2012, 09:43 PM
We're drafting a letter. And we're just going to include some Slim Jims from the campaign. With the letter, along with a voter Registration card. Last time we just sent a letter w/o any fliers or voter Registration cards, but we're borrowing those ideas from things that have been successful in other states this time around.

I don't have a copy of the letter we used 4 years ago, (I don't think. I might be on my old hard drive somewhere) but we'll highlight 3 points that are important to typical CP, LP, and RP types, as well as a message about how Ron Paul's poling numbers. (Both public polls that have been done in this state have Ron Paul winning. Both back in Dec when Cain, Bachman, and Perry were in, and more recently in February when it got down to 4 we were polling 27%) And more recently at a state Republican Party straw poll (Which I wasn't involved in because it was executive GOP committee types) they had a pretty even 3-way split between Ron Paul, Santorum and RomneyCare.

The only reason we wouldn't win I think would be if the media started saying Romney Already won and people just start voting for "the winner". but right now, with both Gingrich, and Santorum ALSO openly disputing that, it gives us more credibility. Regardless, I believe we can get a strong 30% or better of the vote, which could get us anywhere between 40%-60% of the delegates depending on how many other breach the 20% threshold, but every 2-3 points is another delegate, so obviously we want as many votes as possible.

We're in the process of drafting it the letters we're going to send out this time around. If anybody wants to help do that, it would be highly appreciated.

Tracy

skyorbit
04-08-2012, 09:44 PM
PS, I'm not the one in charge of spelling -- in case your worried :)

PolicyReader
04-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Embedded the Chip-In so it's easy to donated directly in this thread, feel free to move it into the OP for pride of place :)

a472c48be932796c

Great work you're doing there, thank you for stepping up and being involved. :D
+rep

Jmalo
04-08-2012, 10:45 PM
What polls are showing him leading? It would be kind of nice to have links. Are hey actual polls, or online polls from local news sites?

skyorbit
04-08-2012, 11:07 PM
It's behind the paper's paywall now because it's considered an Archive but the 1st poll done in SD was reported here by the Mitchell Paper. (The only paper that carried it -- yes our papers here are owned by the conglomerates too.)
http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/60056/group/homepage/
This one showed him Ron Paul 22%
Gingrich 19%
Bachmann 18%
Perry 15%
Romney 10%

This is the only one I have a link too. But many of the Perry, Bachman, and Cain types went to Paul around here after they dropped out. Many of them had Paul as their 2nd choice around here. There was a more recent one in Feb after the winnowing that had Paul higher, but I can't even find a link to it now.

Our papers do their best to not report news they don't like.

There haven't been anymore public polls since Feb, so I understand they're dated, but it's still a good indication that we can win as long as we make sure all of our people turn out. The Campaign believes they could win here outright if they had the resources. i believe they have some internal polling. But with them contesting California and the primary being the same day as ours, their resources are stretched thin, so it's up to us to help out.

That's what the Primary in SD is about. making sure your people turn out.

Tracy

skyorbit
04-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Bump

ronpaulhawaii
04-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Michael E, you just completed your payment.
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4SF10545FH***

ClydeCoulter
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Embedded the Chip-In so it's easy to donated directly in this thread, feel free to move it into the OP for pride of place :)

a472c48be932796c

Great work you're doing there, thank you for stepping up and being involved. :D
+rep

We should be able to fulfull that 2k request in short time :)

skyorbit
04-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Thank you! Tracy

skyorbit
04-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Bump

I don't know why the widgets in this thread still say $80. I'm up to $260. So we just have $1740 to go :)

helmuth_hubener
04-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Tracy Saboe is legit; I've known him since he was on the Free State Project forum back, what, 8 years ago now. This project will be totally beneficial and an excellent use of our funds. With all the millions we've put into this campaign, let's at least give $20,000 to a group of on-the-ground activists who know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it, in a state that we are doing the best in in the polls. No overhead, no waste, just pure results.

Let's flood them with money!

Tinnuhana
04-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Total: $40.00

This receipt confirms that you authorized a payment to Sioux Falls, for Ron Paul meet-up for the event Mailer to 3rd Parties to Change Registrations to Republican to vote for Ron Paul

Tinnuhana
04-10-2012, 01:38 AM
In which state is Republic of Lakota located? Ron should be getting a lot of votes from there.

rich34
04-10-2012, 05:10 AM
This seems like a very good way of going about winning South Dakota. I think it's a great way of trying to secure a win in the beauty contest and then hopefully a sweep in the delegate race. OP, I'm not sure where all you have taken your request for funds, but I'd go beyond this forum just in case you're not able to raise the funds here. I trust and hope the official campaign is going to dump a chunk of change into SD especially if winning the beauty contest is on the line. It's to bad the primary wasn't a little earlier in the race.

Payment Receipt

Receipt ID2055-9643-0506-****

Total$40.00 USD

Darguth
04-10-2012, 08:17 AM
So...can non-Republicans vote in the GOP primary in South Dakota then? I'm *hoping* so if you're planning on blanketing CP and LP members with mailers :)

ClydeCoulter
04-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Tracy Saboe is legit; I've known him since he was on the Free State Project forum back, what, 8 years ago now. This project will be totally beneficial and an excellent use of our funds. With all the millions we've put into this campaign, let's at least give $2,000 to a group of on-the-ground activists who know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it, in a state that we are doing the best in in the polls. No overhead, no waste, just pure results.

^^HERE, HERE^^^ (fixed the amount to 2k)

Paul Or Nothing II
04-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Current Polling has Ron Paul actually leading in SD, so it's just a matter of getting boots on the ground to make sure his supporters show up.

:D
:D:D
:D:D:D

I've been dying to hear something like this!

By the way, great work you're doing OP! :)

helmuth_hubener
04-10-2012, 10:06 AM
^^HERE, HERE^^^ (fixed the amount to 2k) But they need 20,000 at some point.

In total for everything we're probably needing about $20,000, but for now, this is the most urgent because it's more time sensitive and these are much easier converts.
Anyway, let's get them as much as we can!

skyorbit
04-11-2012, 01:11 AM
In which state is Republic of Lakota located? Ron should be getting a lot of votes from there.
South Dakota :)

skyorbit
04-11-2012, 01:12 AM
So...can non-Republicans vote in the GOP primary in South Dakota then? I'm *hoping* so if you're planning on blanketing CP and LP members with mailers :)

Well, we're sending them voter Registration forms. They have until May 20th to change their voter registration.

skyorbit
04-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Tracy Saboe is legit; I've known him since he was on the Free State Project forum back, what, 8 years ago now. This project will be totally beneficial and an excellent use of our funds. With all the millions we've put into this campaign, let's at least give $20,000 to a group of on-the-ground activists who know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it, in a state that we are doing the best in in the polls. No overhead, no waste, just pure results.

Thank you so much for your kind words. What was your handle over on the FSP boards?

skyorbit
04-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Yes, the campaign is going to be spending money on the state too. We're actively going to tea party rallies and things now to go after the former Santorum supporters. Most Santorum, and Gingrich supporters around here honestly believe that their candidate actually is a small government Constitutionalist type, so with them basically not in the race anymore, and Ron Paul beating Gingrich everywhere for the past month, he's really the only option.

Many of the people on Santorum's delegate slate are even now switching to Ron Paul in the primary because they Hate Mitt Romney. It doesn't matter what Santorum does. He can endorse Mitt Romney if he wants. Santorum's supporters aren't going to do what he says just because he says it. (at least here in South Dakota. Can't speak for other states)

For the record, the Beauty Contest IS directly tied to the Primary vote. The Delgates for each candidate have already been selected. The Primary determines how many of each delegate slate goes to national. Anybody that gets at least 20% of the vote, get's a proportionate amount of delegates. I'll bet that most of the undecideds will just vote for who the media tells them "the winner" is, but there's a good 40-60% of the vote that's really anti-Romney around here. About %30 of that is Ron Paul, so I think we'll do very well.

Tracy

Vanilluxe
04-11-2012, 01:39 AM
If Ron Paul wins South Dakota, then I remember Bill o Reilly has to fork over 10k to Stossel :)

Paul Or Nothing II
04-11-2012, 02:03 AM
Many of the people on Santorum's delegate slate are even now switching to Ron Paul in the primary because they Hate Mitt Romney. It doesn't matter what Santorum does. He can endorse Mitt Romney if he wants. Santorum's supporters aren't going to do what he says just because he says it. (at least here in South Dakota. Can't speak for other states)

This is the point to note, the reason we MUST keep pushing, I'm sure most of the Santorum people & delegates will NOT go for Romney even if Santorum endorsed Romney because most of the Santorum voters were anti-Romney voters all along & with Gingrich being broke, Ron Paul is their ONLY CONSERVATIVE option on the table, we need to focus more on this!

If Ron Paul wins South Dakota, then I remember Bill o Reilly has to fork over 10k to Stossel :)

We should remind Stossel to get his $10000 from O'Reilly when Paul wins SD :D

eleganz
04-11-2012, 02:25 AM
On top of whatever you're doing, you also have PFH and the L.A. & NYC phone-banks helping out.

fatjohn
04-11-2012, 02:38 AM

Wasn't it a thousand? I don't think O'reilly is so pompous to bet ten k. Some Willemeniard Romneybus III on the other hand...

LCG8928
04-11-2012, 05:26 PM
bump

skyorbit
04-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Bump

PolicyReader
04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
On top of whatever you're doing, you also have PFH and the L.A. & NYC phone-banks helping out.
I love how hard the grassroots of L.A. and NYC fight for every state all of you are amazing!

Yes, the campaign is going to be spending money on the state too. We're actively going to tea party rallies and things now to go after the former Santorum supporters. Most Santorum, and Gingrich supporters around here honestly believe that their candidate actually is a small government Constitutionalist type, so with them basically not in the race anymore, and Ron Paul beating Gingrich everywhere for the past month, he's really the only option.

For the record, the Beauty Contest IS directly tied to the Primary vote. The Delgates for each candidate have already been selected. The Primary determines how many of each delegate slate goes to national. Anybody that gets at least 20% of the vote, get's a proportionate amount of delegates. I'll bet that most of the undecideds will just vote for who the media tells them "the winner" is, but there's a good 40-60% of the vote that's really anti-Romney around here. About %30 of that is Ron Paul, so I think we'll do very well.

Tracy

You heard the lady everyone this is pretty much our contest to lose (and before anyone with sour grapes pipes up I haven't said that about anything this cycle).
Time to step up, donate to the chipin, get on Phone From Home to make some calls & pledge to the moneybomb so all the conservatives know they've still got a live hours in this race and it's time to back Ron Paul. No one eve said this race would be easy, we're not in it for easy that's the folks voting for Romney, we're in it because it's liberty and it's time we claim it!

helmuth_hubener
04-11-2012, 09:14 PM
we're not in it for easyAin't that the truth!

cassielund99@gmail.com
04-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I chipped in some hope it helps I could only afford 10 bucks. We need to all get together and chip in for liberty:D

skyorbit
04-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Thank you so much.

eleganz
04-12-2012, 12:05 AM
It really is too bad South Dakota goes so late.

Good luck to you guys!

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 12:09 AM
I chipped in some hope it helps I could only afford 10 bucks. We need to all get together and chip in for liberty:D
Thank you and +rep

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 01:15 AM
bump

skyorbit
04-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Bump

LCG8928
04-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Bump for victory.

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Bump for victory.

skyorbit
04-12-2012, 09:27 PM
When we reach $1000, we can send a mailer to all the Libertarians. We're almost there.

PolicyReader
04-12-2012, 11:06 PM
When we reach $1000, we can send a mailer to all the Libertarians. We're almost there.

Let's push it over $1000 :)

ClydeCoulter
04-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Tweeted (I hope this is okay)

https://twitter.com/#!/TheLoneCoyote/status/190825052344827905

PolicyReader
04-13-2012, 01:30 PM
bump

MisfitToy
04-13-2012, 02:12 PM
sent you $100

PolicyReader
04-13-2012, 03:13 PM
sent you $100
+rep

gerryb
04-13-2012, 03:52 PM
I hope your letter includes an ASK for fundraising, too =)

helmuth_hubener
04-13-2012, 05:00 PM
blimp!

helmuth_hubener
04-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Blimping again!

Which, come to think of it: we spent hundreds of thousands renting the biggest blimp on Earth, people! Surely we can get a couple grand to South Dakota, a very possible WIN?

PolicyReader
04-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Blimping again!

Which, come to think of it: we spent hundreds of thousands renting the biggest blimp on Earth, people! Surely we can get a couple grand to South Dakota, a very possible WIN?
+rep

skyorbit
04-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Good News. We've been able to cut some costs. Looks like we'll be able get this third party project done for only $1,500. So we only have about $900 to go and we can get it completely done. I know everybody's donating to the money bomb, but if anybody has any extra they can chip in it would be really appreciated.

Tracy

helmuth_hubener
04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
I know everybody's donating to the money bomb, but if anybody has any extra they can chip in it would be really appreciated.

Yes, another $25 to this project is at least as well-spent as another $25 to the official campaign. I think the campaign should be focusing a lot of resources on South Dakota right now. The official campaign may disagree. How can I make my opinion heard and implemented? Just bypass the official campaign and give directly to the good people in the South Dakota grassroots. This is a very low price for what seems like it would be very effective. Nothing against the campaign, but this particular project absolutely should be funded and needs to be funded.

You just made a payment of
$25.00 USD

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 6JS39998WX4498517.

PolicyReader
04-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Good News. We've been able to cut some costs. Looks like we'll be able get this third party project done for only $1,500. So we only have about $900 to go and we can get it completely done. I know everybody's donating to the money bomb, but if anybody has any extra they can chip in it would be really appreciated.

Tracy

Great news! :D Every step forward on this project beings a smile to my face. I just love to see the grassroots taking our country back. :cool:

helmuth_hubener
04-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Let's please bomb this project as part of the money bomb!

sailingaway
04-15-2012, 09:04 PM
bump

LCG8928
04-16-2012, 03:17 PM
bump

PolicyReader
04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
bump

helmuth_hubener
04-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Let's keep the money coming. This is a low-cost, very worthy grassroots project.

Barrex
04-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Fart instead of bump (especially because now fart jokes can send people to prison)

PolicyReader
04-17-2012, 02:44 PM
bump

Darguth
04-17-2012, 03:03 PM
The next person to post a transaction ID for a donation, I'll match it up to $50 :)

Darguth
04-18-2012, 10:27 AM
No one's willing to match me? C'mon people!

FSP-Rebel
04-18-2012, 12:09 PM
$50.00 USD

Darguth
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
$50.00 USD

$50.00 USD

Transaction ID: c9cd047f984a6a8d

Thanks FSP-Rebel!! This seems like a good use of our funds.

C'mon people, South Dakota is a proportional primary so every GOTV effort helps. Especially if we're in the position to possibly win a popular vote too. Go, go, go, go!

skyorbit
04-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys. We're going to start mailing out the letters to libertarians this weekend this weekend. I was out passing out "Abolish the Income Tax" slim jims at the post office Tuesday, and met several libertarians that said "Ron Paul has my vote" And I told them they have to register Republican in order to do that. They had no idea.

So, this is a very important effort.

juvanya
04-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Current polling?

skyorbit
04-19-2012, 08:47 AM
There hasn't been one in a while. I'm quite interested to see where the Santorum people are going. in my canvasing it sounds like they're going to Paul

NDGirl1959
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I am originally from Mercer, ND (north of Bismarck) and would love to see Dr. Paul take SD after the ND GOP cheated him out of his delegates from my home state.

juvanya
04-20-2012, 04:10 AM
There hasn't been one in a while. I'm quite interested to see where the Santorum people are going. in my canvasing it sounds like they're going to Paul
The only poll conducted was Paul by like 4, but thats ancient. The OP said that current polling put Paul in front so I was confused.

Bastiat's The Law
04-20-2012, 06:29 AM
How does the South Dakota delegate process work?

Are you guys prepared so you don't get blindsided by the establishment like what happened in North Dakota?

Are you prepared to team up with Santorum supporters, if you have to?

unknown
04-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Is the chip in over?

I went to donate and it said the event ended?

PolicyReader
04-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Is the chip in over?

I went to donate and it said the event ended?
It looks like the time expired on it but unless I've misunderstood I think that donations should still be useful there. I hope an updated chipin gets put in place of it soon.

skyorbit
04-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Good news. We were able to get a contract with a bulk rate mailing company. It's not a huge mailing, but we were able to get the cost reduced from 49 cents per stamp, down to 41 Cents. That saves us about $200, so we only need about $1,300 to get this project done completely.

There was a straw poll by the Republican Party State executive board back in March, and it was split about 30% Ron Paul, 30% Santorum and 30% Romney. This is a poll by Establishment Republicans in the state. There wasn't any advertising or anything to try to get people their either other then just the event they were there fore in the 1st place, so if the Republican Establishment is that split it's good news for us.

Regarding the Delegate process. That process is done. Every candidate has a slate of delegates on the ballot. The primary June 5th is what determines how much of each slate goes. As long as we get at least 20% the top 5 people on the slate go. We were shooting for 30%, but now that Santorum's dropped out, all bets are off.

Tracy

Tracy

skyorbit
04-20-2012, 03:21 PM
http://sdronpaul.chipin.com/mailer-to-3rd-parties-ii I had to set up a second chip-in because the 1st one ended.

Only need about $300 more to recoup our costs on this project.
I just dropped $200 personally to Buy an Add in our Local Tidbits (Which covers SD From Bookings clear to Chamberland) and we've been buying booths at Tea Party, and Gun shows, and Lincoln Day dinners and that's been costing us money too. I know $300 doesn't seem like a lot, but it's $300 more we have for incidental stuff like the above.

Tracy

skyorbit
04-21-2012, 10:55 AM

7b2384cfc81ee604 Here's the updated chip-in. We didn't quite make it in time, but we're going ahead with the project. Any money you can donate to help us cover our debt would be very appreciated.

helmuth_hubener
04-21-2012, 10:02 PM
See, this is how it's done! You guys in SD are exemplary, and should be an inspiration to us all. We let you down, you didn't raise the money, but yet you went ahead and just did the project anyway. Boom. Just paid for it out-of-pocket.

That is what I like to see. That is what we need more of. Come on, guys, let's win South Dakota! I know everyone is a little bit burned after losing so many times, but this has always been one we could win. Let's do it! And let's reward our solid, outstanding grassroots people for stepping it up and doing what we cannot do, don't know how to do, to do as well as possible in South Dakota.

Imagining a miracle victory in Texas, as I know some of you are, that's all well and good, and who knows, it could happen. But South Dakota is even more doable, far more probable a victory, and far more affordable. I'm chipping in another $25. Who will join me?

PolicyReader
04-21-2012, 10:21 PM
See, this is how it's done! You guys in SD are exemplary, and should be an inspiration to us all. We let you down, you didn't raise the money, but yet you went ahead and just did the project anyway. Boom. Just paid for it out-of-pocket.

That is what I like to see. That is what we need more of. Come on, guys, let's win South Dakota! I know everyone is a little bit burned after losing so many times, but this has always been one we could win. Let's do it! And let's reward our solid, outstanding grassroots people for stepping it up and doing what we cannot do, don't know how to do, to do as well as possible in South Dakota.

Imagining a miracle victory in Texas, as I know some of you are, that's all well and good, and who knows, it could happen. But South Dakota is even more doable, far more probable a victory, and far more affordable. I'm chipping in another $25. Who will join me?
+rep

skyorbit
04-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Thank you so much. It's been kind of rough because we've been paying for so much other stuff out of our own pockets. (Ads, Booths, etc) that we were hoping we could at least get this project funded nationally, but you guys did help out a lot. We wouldn't have been able to even get it off the ground with/out the $1000+ dollars you gave us.

And we have another mailing project we have to do after this to Rural Republicans since it's very difficult to canvas them. Originally we were thinking it was going to cost us $15,000 but with this bulk rate we got I think we can cut that down to about $8,000. So we still need money. But we just don't need it as urgently.
Tracy

Tracy

Tracy

ican'tvote
04-22-2012, 12:25 AM
I'll be donating ten bucks tomorrow or the day after.
I know it's peanuts; sorry.

helmuth_hubener
04-22-2012, 07:13 AM
I'll be donating ten bucks tomorrow or the day after.
I know it's peanuts; sorry. But all we need is 30 other people to give the same peanuts!

All we are saa-ying,
Is give peanuts a chance!

ican'tvote
04-23-2012, 10:31 PM
$10.00 USD

ID:1C18328992230001M

PolicyReader
04-23-2012, 10:36 PM
$10.00 USD

ID:1C18328992230001M

Thank you! :)

defe07
04-24-2012, 12:47 AM
How are things looking in South Dakota? Sounds like we really have a shot at winning? :)

Aratus
04-24-2012, 12:52 AM
the contest is wide open and the sky is the limit!

unknown
04-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Still need $? If so, please post the link. Thank you.

Aratus
04-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Hi. My name is Tracy Saboe. Most of you i think know me. I was very active in the 2008 Campaign. Current Polling has Ron Paul actually leading in SD, so it's just a matter of getting boots on the ground to make sure his supporters show up.

Right now, we have an urgent request. We're need to raise funds to send mailers to the various 3rd parties in South Dakota (all of which are closely alined with Ron Paul's positions.) The Libertarian Party, the Constitution Party, and the Reform Party.

We're just going to mail them out ourselves so we have a chip-in set up. We're only needing about $2,000 for this. And then, after we get this project done, we're going to be sending mailers to Republicans in low population density counties. In total for everything we're probably needing about $20,000, but for now, this is the most urgent because it's more time sensitive and these are much easier converts.

We did this 4 years ago, and I personally know of many people who changed their registration specifically to vote for ron Paul as a result. This time, with him actually having a possibility of winning with a brokered convention, I believe it'll be even more effective.

Please donate whatever you can.

7b2384cfc81ee604

I have this cross posted at the Daily Paul. Please vote up and keep it bumped if you have an account there.
http://www.dailypaul.com/225426/help-ron-paul-win-south-dakota-urgent-request

Update.
We've been able to cut some expenses and get a bulk rate, so we've been able to cut our expenses down to about $1,300 instead.

I also had a very generous donor mail me a check for $250, so with that, we only need about $300 more to go and we'll have this completed.

We're stuffing envelopes Sunday. If anybody wants to donate anything more to help us cover costs it would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to this we've bought booths at several events around the state, and I just made an ad buy in our Local TidBits for $200, so we're trying to recoup costs from other projects as well.

Tracy

this is the OP

unknown
04-24-2012, 07:08 AM
this is the OP

Wasnt the original ticker at $2000 or $1300? Or is $300 all thats needed now?

helmuth_hubener
04-24-2012, 07:19 AM
This is the second chip in. We already raised a bunch, and then the first chip in expired. Also, they found ways to drastically cut the costs of the project, thus giving more bang for the buck.

Bastiat's The Law
04-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Only need $300?

skyorbit
04-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Yup. For this project anyway.

ican'tvote
04-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Bump.

ican'tvote
04-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Gonna go ahead and bump this again.

ClydeCoulter
04-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Bump, I'm out till after the 1st, can someone help here ?

skyorbit
04-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped with the third party mailer project here.
http://sdronpaul.chipin.com/mailer-to-3rd-parties-to-change-registrations-to-republican-to-vote-for-ron-paul The mailers will be going out this week. We had to eat about $300 of the cost ourselves but that's OK.

Now we're on to phase 2. There's a lot of rural republicans that are hard to reach with canvasing. Rural SD is also where our greatest support was for Ron Paul 4 years ago. So we need to make sure they're aware Ron Paul is in the race AND make sure they turn out to vote.

In the previous chip-in I had estimated the cost to be around $15-$20 Thousand. We've since secured the services of a bulk rate shipper who likes Ron Paul, and which the drop in postage, we now believe we'll only need $6000.

Please help us with this project. this is low hanging fruit and we need to make sure they turn out. Primary turnout in this state is typically low, so every vote counts. Every couple percentages points Ron Paul gets is another delegate for us, and another one Romney doesn't get.

Donate here:
http://sdronpaul.chipin.com/mailers-to-rural-republicans

Tracy

helmuth_hubener
04-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I advise that you maybe start a new thread. And spread the message on Facebook, Daily Paul, Mises Forums, Ron Paul Radio, Free Talk Live, etc. Thanks for all you're doing, Tracy. I really hope we can get a lot of people on board with this.

rb3b3
04-29-2012, 01:52 PM
do we have a realistic shot at winning south dakota? is sd a caucus or primary? how does the voting go in south dakota? and when i say shot to win, i mean a real legitimate shot... not like we all think ron can win but is polling at 10% ya know what i mean? a REAL SHOT TO WIN??? PLEASE TELL ME YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WEEKEND HAS BEEN FKN AWESOME FOR US RON PAUL SUPPORTERS!! I AM AMPED UP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO RON GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

skyorbit
04-29-2012, 02:38 PM
There IS a new thread here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?374161-Help-Ron-Paul-Win-South-Dakota-Phase-II-(Urgent-Request)

Paul's polling around 30%. And we're even getting endorsements from State Legislators and City Council members. I don't know where that 30% that was going to Santorum will go. Many of them are coming our way. Many will Abstain from voting.

juvanya
04-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Paul's polling around 30%. And we're even getting endorsements from State Legislators and City Council members.

What poll??

KerriAnn
04-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Good luck Tracy!

Kerri, you just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4FU46821M30595250