PDA

View Full Version : Globalist Elite Now Want to Buy Up Planets?

John F Kennedy III
04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Globalist Elite Now Want to Buy Up Planets?

Private companies should be able to buy land on The Moon or other planets for tourism, mining or even to sell property, a space policy expert has said.

Rand Simberg said that if governments started to provide property rights then entrepreneurs and billionaires might pile in and invest - and added that the 'time is ripe'.

He has proposed a law that would circumvent the 1967 Outer Space Treaty, which states no individual or government can have sovereignty over any body in space.

But such a move would mark a huge change in how mankind sees space and could open up the galaxy to a debacle akin to the Colonial era ‘Scramble for Africa’.

One government going alone might also incur the wrath of other nations who all remain signed up to the Outer Space Treaty.

Mr Simberg, who is based in the US, says that the law is open to challenge and does not explicitly forbid anybody from owning chunks of planets, so needs clearing up anyway.

Wired.com reported that his plan is called the Space Settlement Prize Act and was unveiled earlier this month at US conservative think tank the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

Any new law would have to work around the 1979 Moon Treaty Act which stops any nation from claiming sovereignty over The Moon, though major countries like the US and Russia

Mr Simberg’s states: ‘The ratification failure of the Moon Treaty means there is no legal prohibition in force against private ownership of land on the Moon, Mars, etc., as long as the ownership is not derived from a claim of national appropriation or sovereignty (which is prohibited by the Outer Space Treaty)’

Another hurdle that would have to be overcome would be how people get to the moon - Richard Bransons’ Virgin Galactic has yet to even make its first commercial flight into orbit, let alone another planet.

But Mr Simberg said: ‘There are people who believe that rocks have rights; I’m not one of them’.

US space law lawyer Michael Listner told Wired.com that ownership of The Moon and other planets was a ‘very touchy issue’.

‘To take that stand against the rest of the world, would take a lot of political will and the government would take a hit. It’s sort of a nonstarter,' he said.

‘It’s similar to the way properties were pioneered in the Old West. The government opened up land and people went to settle it.’

The debate over ownership of space mirrors that on Earth - Britain recently provoked the ire of Argentina when it emerged that five UK companies are hunting for oil in the waters surrounding The Falkland Islands.

The Arctic is also emerging as a key battleground with Denmark, which owns Greenland, insisting it has the right to explore waters off its shores.

original article here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2125714/Legal-loophole-let-billionaires-BUY-planets-human-settlers-arrive-snap-Moon.html

Danke
04-08-2012, 04:36 PM
They can have Uranus.

John F Kennedy III
04-08-2012, 04:46 PM
They can have Uranus.

No, they can have Uranus.

noneedtoaggress
04-08-2012, 04:52 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/jjlaptop.gif

heavenlyboy34
04-08-2012, 05:17 PM
US/UN OUT OF SPACE!! :p

tommy949
04-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Well, guess we can have space wars and blow up other planets

BlackTerrel
04-08-2012, 05:36 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/jjlaptop.gif

I don't even know what that is supposed to represent but I found myself watching that about ten times :D

WilliamC
04-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Just like the original frontier in the USA, it will be settled by whomever gets there first, laws not withstanding.

If I had to guess I think the Chinese are most likely to have permanent human settlements in space before anyone else. They seem to have the resources to go it alone, they certainly have a long-term view of themselves as a culture and a people, and I'm willing to bet they won't let minor details like having having taikonauts die trying to get there stop them.

The USA could certainly take the lead if we would stop spending trillions upon trillions of dollars on useless wars and weapons systems that will never be used, just to feed the greed of the psychopathic parasites controlling the money supply.

WilliamC
04-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I don't even know what that is supposed to represent but I found myself watching that about ten times :D

Be thankful.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/248/cannot_be_unseen.jpg

KingNothing
04-08-2012, 05:41 PM
"Buy up" ....who would they pay?

Danke
04-08-2012, 05:49 PM
No, they can have Uranus.

AF is convinced they already do.

ItsTime
04-08-2012, 05:54 PM

I was wondering the same thing. And what happens if life is found there?

KingNothing
04-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

My guess is that the article is mostly just BS.

The fact of the matter is this: Whatever can be found is space, will be taken by whomever gets their first. Period. And it will be kept by whomever is strong enough to keep it.

There is no "buying."

noneedtoaggress
04-08-2012, 06:01 PM

Uranus jokes, lol.

heavenlyboy34
04-08-2012, 06:06 PM
"Buy up" ....who would they pay? A new UN space-settlement department/committee? :confused:

presence
04-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I'll sell you any planet you want. Just send me a PM and I'll give you my paypal account. I don't even mind if you send cash in an express envelope if you want the transaction to remain anonymous. I've got the hook up on bridges too.

yours to keep,

presence

WilliamC
04-08-2012, 06:34 PM

I'll gladly accept any and all payments needed to be made in order to facilitate the rapid settlement of the Moon, Mars, Ceres, Vesta, Pallas, Ganymede, and Europa.

tttppp
04-08-2012, 06:39 PM
It doesn't matter what the governments do, whoever can get there first and settle there, owns it.

Brian Coulter
04-08-2012, 06:51 PM
My guess is that the article is mostly just BS.

The fact of the matter is this: Whatever can be found is space, will be taken by whomever gets their first. Period. And it will be kept by whomever is strong enough to keep it.

There is no "buying."

That's been the prevailing law of humanity since the beginning of our existance. Space travel ain't gonna change it.

ClydeCoulter
04-08-2012, 07:00 PM
That's been the prevailing law of humanity since the beginning of our existance. Space travel ain't gonna change it.

Hey Brian. We must be kin somewhere along the line. There's only one branch of Kwl that spells their name as Coulter.

revned
04-08-2012, 07:02 PM
I was wondering the same thing. And what happens if life is found there?

Same thing that happened to the native Americans most likely.

Xhin
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
We should definitely vote for Newt Gingrich. He has a plan to get us to space and that's what's most important right now!

AGRP
04-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Too bad. I bought up Saturn 20 years ago. They're going to have to pay me if they want it.

John F Kennedy III
04-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I'll gladly accept any and all payments needed to be made in order to facilitate the rapid settlement of the Moon, Mars, Ceres, Vesta, Pallas, Ganymede, and Europa.

What are Vesta and Pallas?

devil21
04-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Well, it's an idea for another bubble. The Bernank has been busy.

Ha me too. Judge Judy rocks.

devil21
04-09-2012, 12:57 AM
What are Vesta and Pallas?

Asteroids.

John F Kennedy III
04-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Asteroids.

Thanks.

Aratus
04-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Robert Heinlien brainfreeze~wrote