PDA

View Full Version : NATE HART just dropped a bomb on the r3volution!

ZakCarter
04-07-2012, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQpdDLERcvc

Infectious!

LibertyEagle
04-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Neat, but I wouldn't exactly call him a social liberal.

PolicyReader
04-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Neat, but I wouldn't exactly call him a social liberal.
I could be mistaken but doesn't he meet the classical definition?

LibertyEagle
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I could be mistaken but doesn't he meet the classical definition?

For one, I'm not sure how you could consider his view on abortion as being liberal anything.

PolicyReader
04-07-2012, 10:58 PM
For one, I'm not sure how you could consider his view on abortion as being liberal anything.
I couldn't say, the sociopolitical definitive are not my strong suit. I find them interesting, hence the question :) but they're not what I'm most versed in.. I guess I tend to find almost every label a bit subjective once you push it far enough :p

In any case thanks for the response, every little bit of increased knowledge is a good step in my books :D

LibertyEagle
04-08-2012, 03:05 AM
I just reread your post. The thing is that definitions have been turned on their heads over the years and I am doubting that the guy who made the video, nor his intended audience, understand the huge difference between classical liberalism and the current definition of liberalism.

Crystallas
04-08-2012, 03:10 AM
I just reread your post. The thing is that definitions have been turned on their heads over the years and I am doubting that the guy who made the video, nor his intended audience, understand the huge difference between classical liberalism and the current definition of liberalism.

Or neoclassical-liberalism and/or neoliberalism.

PolicyReader
04-08-2012, 05:24 AM
You are likely correct, it was just the interpretation that made sense to me within the context (not per se the one that is most likely but the one I'd describe as more accurate).

Then again on the other side for many of those raised in more "blue" leaning families/areas "socially liberal" just means everyone should be able to do with their lives and bodies what they see fit to do so long as they are not directly causing harm to others. <--- that sense of course isn't in keeping with many contemporary definitions of liberalism (at least as I've encountered them) but even so it is the working definition, and thus the meaning, employed by quite a substantial segment of the US populace at this point.

This is all a good example of why I find the whole subject rather murky, many of the attributes or parameters of each term seem to vary based on who's employing them. (which is not to say there are not actual definitions as much as it is to say that said definitions seem to not be widely and/or evenly employed)

ZakCarter
04-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Nate is in California - just sayin;p

tommy949
04-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Not as good as Immortal Technique, Hey we should have them do a Ron paul rap!

ZakCarter
04-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Immortal Tech doing a Ron Paul rap would be EPIC.