PDA

View Full Version : It's Dead but not RP's campaign

klamath
11-14-2007, 07:05 PM
No telling what a doctor has to do when campaigning.

http://www.boston.com:80/news/local/politics/primarysource/2007/11/paul_visits_nor.html

Menthol Patch
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Cool. Ron Paul supports the rights of hunters!

Corydoras
11-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a campaign picture that made me laugh so hard.
Thanks for the lolz, Dr. Paul.

ItsTime
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
if you do not think that will not echo to the New Hampshire voters you are very wrong. This is a strong message to the people here in NH

tonyr1988
11-14-2007, 09:00 PM
if you do not think that will not echo to the New Hampshire voters you are very wrong. This is a strong message to the people here in NH
You are wrong if you: do not think that it will not echo, so
You are right if you: *do* think that it will not echo

? Sorry, your sentence made me double-check. Are you saying that it *will* echo across NH voters (in a positive way)?

RobS
11-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I think he's saying that it WILL. But yeah, his sentence is a little tough to understand : )

But yeah, that picture is hilarious! It almost looks like he is sad for the deer, lol :D

Ethek
11-14-2007, 09:07 PM
You are wrong if you: do not think that it will not echo, so
You are right if you: *do* think that it will not echo

? Sorry, your sentence made me double-check. Are you saying that it *will* echo across NH voters (in a positive way)?

That was my take. Thats one lucky lady. Getting in on the first day of the season and face time with Dr. Paul.

Visual
11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
I think he's saying that it WILL. But yeah, his sentence is a little tough to understand : )

But yeah, that picture is hilarious! It almost looks like he is sad for the deer, lol :D

triple negative...

Mark
11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
If Dr Paul was making light of the death of anything, for once, I disagree with him.

Mark
11-14-2007, 09:16 PM
It almost looks like he is sad for the deer

Now, THAT, is what I would expect from Dr Paul.

ValidusCustodiae
11-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I love Dr. Ron Paul.

This picture is part of the reasons why.

People all over that have dismissed all political talk are suddenly very interested in Ron Paul.

Mr. White
11-14-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm just amused that he's holding his jacket back to keep from getting deer-juice on it. Classic.

TruckinMike
11-14-2007, 09:24 PM
My wife was about to go to work when she got a phone call .... she answered it, smiled and hung up. I asked, who was that? She said with a real since of relief, "It was work, good news, four of our patients died last night, its going to be an easy day":D

Doctors and nurses see death all the time, you might be shocked at how they react.

Truckers are the same way... we see lots of road kill!!:eek:

TruckinMike

ConstitutionGal
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM
This picture just tickled me to no end!!! I've got a couple of this gal's (the deer) relatives in my freezer!! YUM!!

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

...I'll shut up now............walking about chuckling......

ValidusCustodiae
11-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm just amused that he's holding his jacket back to keep from getting deer-juice on it. Classic.

Well, you know, Dr. Ron is very frugal and doesn't want to waste money buying jackets to replace the ones he gets deer juice on.

What do you call a deer with no eyes?

No eye deer.

What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?

Still no eye deer.

What do you call a deer with no eyes, legs, or sexual organs?

Still, no ****** eye deer.

ConstitutionGal
11-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Well, you know, Dr. Ron is very frugal and doesn't want to waste money buying jackets to replace the ones he gets deer juice on.

What do you call a deer with no eyes?

No eye deer.

What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?

Still no eye deer.

What do you call a deer with no eyes, legs, or sexual organs?

Still, no ****** eye deer.

Now one would think that with my being southern that I wouldn't have had to read that three times to 'get it'........:o

unconsious767
11-14-2007, 09:38 PM
can't you get lyme disease from deer ticks?

Mark
11-14-2007, 09:39 PM
My wife was about to go to work when she got a phone call .... she answered it, smiled and hung up. I asked, who was that? She said with a real since of relief, "It was work, good news, four of our patients died last night, its going to be an easy day":D

Doctors and nurses see death all the time, you might be shocked at how they react.

TruckinMike

Yeah.. I wasn't a trucker, but I've logged a few hundred thousand miles the last many years in delivery,
road kill everywhere, and in certain high stress jobs like medicine,

you can't really take it personally, or you'd never make it, but, even if there's a joke or laugh,
it's only because of that reason, not because they think that dying is really a funny thing.

However, for full disclosure, last night, I caught a fly in a glass to let it go free outside,
and I left the glass outside to let it fly away when it was ready, but,

I went back out about a half hour later to get the glass, and I don't know why,
maybe it was too cold, but, the fly was still on the lip of the glass, so, I thought,
maybe it's too cold for the fly outside, and I brought the glass,

and the fly back inside,
and we (fly and me) have been friends ever since.. :D

quickmike
11-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Looks like hes checking for a pulse too. LOL

thats awesome

only a doctor

Mark
11-14-2007, 09:40 PM
can't you get lyme disease from deer ticks?

oh yeah..

ConstitutionGal
11-14-2007, 09:42 PM

TruckinMike

We have a 'road kill law' here in Tennessee that you might want to look in to :D

Needless to say, we've been the brunt of many a joke because of it but, it's actually pretty pratical because we have a VERY large white-tail deer population and the silly things will flat run over car during mating season if you're not really careful and, it seems kind of a shame to just let perfectly good venison go to waste :eek:

ladyliberty
11-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I havent had venison since I left the hills of KY makes me homesick just thinking about it!

I saw that and all that popped into my mind was that classic line "He's dead Jim!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D6z67SYxs8

ConstitutionGal
11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I havent had venison since I left the hills of KY makes me homesick just thinking about it!

I saw that and all that popped into my mind was that classic line "He's dead Jim!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D6z67SYxs8

A Trekkie, huh?

Where in Kentucky? I was born in south-eastern Kentucky and have seen a lot more deer around here than I ever did in the Smokies. More open land, I guess.

pcosmar
11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I want my rights back.(2nd Amendment)
I have tracks all over my driveway, several does and a good size buck.
they've been within 100 feet of the house.
Season opens Thursday.
I want some Northern Michigan High speed beef.

ConstitutionGal
11-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I want some Northern Michigan High speed beef.

MMMMMMM....fast food......yummy....;)

klamath
11-14-2007, 10:25 PM
I guess the wife of his NH campaign manager shot this deer.

Goldwater Conservative
11-14-2007, 10:33 PM
He's dead, Jim. :D

justinc.1089
11-14-2007, 10:35 PM

TruckinMike

Hmm sorry but I find that horrifying personally. It reminds me of that woman that layed in the floor of an emergency room bleeding from her mouth that died because the doctors and nurses let her basically because they didn't care enough about her to treat her as quick as possible or to prioritize her as more important than other people's conditions.

Saying doctors and nurses see death all the time causes them to react wierd is not an excuse. My father is a retired police officer so he has seen his share of death and blood too, and he never reacted positively to someone being dead or dying because its not good in anyway.

pcosmar
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Hmm sorry but I find that horrifying personally. It reminds me of that woman that layed in the floor of an emergency room bleeding from her mouth that died because the doctors and nurses let her basically because they didn't care enough about her to treat her as quick as possible or to prioritize her as more important than other people's conditions.

Saying doctors and nurses see death all the time causes them to react wierd is not an excuse. My father is a retired police officer so he has seen his share of death and blood too, and he never reacted positively to someone being dead or dying because its not good in anyway.

A human being and meat are two different things.
Bambi was a cartoon, animals don't talk.

JeffersonThomas
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
so while thinking about this little deer story I had a sinister though. It's more of a joke, but I thought I'd share anyways just to keep discussion lively. Also, if there are any spies lurking it may keep them on their toes. Who knows what those paulers will do!?!?

Other campaigns plant questions, or plan phonecalls from their (uhh...3rd wife? not sure if this one is a cousin or not though), and other fishy stuff. Wouldn't it be a media moment if the good DOCTOR saved somebody's life with his expertise while he was out on the campaign trail?

Truthfully, I'm not advocating any planting or planned saving, but it seems with all those large crowds it might happen sometime. Random thought, I'll just move along now.

shrapnel88
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
he wasn't checking for a pulse! he was using magic to bring the deer back to life.

Goldwater Conservative
11-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Wouldn't it be a media moment if the good DOCTOR saved somebody's life with his expertise while he was out on the campaign trail?

...especially if it was Giuliani.