PDA

View Full Version : Washington Times: What Would It Take For Ron Paul To Endorse Romney (AWESOME ARTICLE)

wgadget
04-07-2012, 08:15 PM
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/reawakening-liberty/2012/apr/7/what-would-it-take-ron-paul-endorse-romney/#.T4DxbnaHW2g.facebook

One question I had while reading it: If Ron left the GOP in disgust back in 1988, what on EARTH is stopping him this time, with our nation in peril?

Algorres
04-07-2012, 08:43 PM
nice

NIU Students for Liberty
04-07-2012, 08:46 PM
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/reawakening-liberty/2012/apr/7/what-would-it-take-ron-paul-endorse-romney/#.T4DxbnaHW2g.facebook

One question I had while reading it: If Ron left the GOP in disgust back in 1988, what on EARTH is stopping him this time, with our nation in peril?

His son (not saying I agree with that decision but for him, family comes first).

TheTyke
04-07-2012, 08:48 PM

Uh, he found out personally how pointless it was, and has been GOP ever since, sparked a revolution and reached millions more people that way?

LibertyEagle
04-07-2012, 09:07 PM

Wisdom.

FSP-Rebel
04-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Clean piece of journalism for once. Paul would've secured the nomination out of the gate had the media et al reported like this.

wgadget
04-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Wisdom.

IMO, the GOP is just as disgusting as ever and the nation has never been in such fiscal danger BECAUSE OF the actions of the supposed two-party system. In a way, it's a shame he has to look out for Rand. If such is the case, it reads like a Greek tragedy in a way. But don't mind me....

Ender
04-07-2012, 09:22 PM
IMO, the GOP is just as disgusting as ever and the nation has never been in such fiscal danger BECAUSE OF the actions of the supposed two-party system. In a way, it's a shame he has to look out for Rand. If such is the case, it reads like a Greek tragedy in a way. But don't mind me....

What Tyke said.

TIMB0B
04-07-2012, 10:28 PM
He’ll remain faithful to his libertarian principles even if it means losing everything.Great article, but I wish the media would say "constitutional" principles, because I think it would resonate better with voters since the establishment have demonized libertarianism.

Kilrain
04-08-2012, 08:05 AM
I like the piece, but it's "toe the line", not "tow the line".

azxd
04-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Romney would have to completely contradict everything he’s said so far during this election season. That’s why Paul says it’s unlikely that a deal could be reached. It’s not impossible because Romney has already changed his positions on a whole range of issues, from abortion to bailouts. However, he’s had years to flip-flop in the past. He’d have to do it in a matter of days or weeks for a chance at Paul’s endorsement during this election.

Romney would be lying through his teeth if such were to occur, and I'd loose all respect for RP if he fell for such a politically deceptive tactic.

Good article !!

rb3b3
04-08-2012, 08:54 AM
I have to be honest here, I registered only this year to vote for Ron Paul, I'm even actually a Ron Paul delegate and if he wins my county in long island ny I will be on my way to Tampa for him.... I will say this right now... If Ron were to ever endorse mitt Romney I would lose every ounce of respect and trust that I have for him!!! It would honestly break my heart if he were to endorse mitt!! Ron is the first and only politician I have trusted in my entire life!!! Romney is a fraud and a flip flopper I don't trust a word he says and he is more of the same!!!

azxd
04-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I'll go ya one better rb3b3
If RP endorses Romney, I'm staying home on election day ... The country will have went to hell at that point, and a damn election won't fix anything.

04-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I won't vote for Romney simply because Romney changed positions and Ron endorsed him. If Romney chose Ron or Rand as VP, then I would vote for him.