PDA

View Full Version : National Black Out The Media Day, April 17th

jemuf
04-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Mat L. started a campaign called National Black Out The Media For Ron Paul. It will take place on Tuesday, April 17th.

Here's a link to his 3 min video explaining the campaign (nothing fancy): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ8CdOJjvck

I used to just watch Fox "News" when I could. But after seeing their bias against Ron Paul since I first noticed him (Oct 11) I stopped watching. It's a small gesture.

I believe the main stream media (MSM) should be called propagandist media (twitter hashtag #PropagandistMedia).

Indy Vidual
04-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Good idea

tod evans
04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I haven't watched one syndicated news cast since the early 80's....So I've been at this for a while.

Zippyjuan
04-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Not sure this would have any effect on anything. Unless you are already a "Nielson family" with a box in your home tracking your viewing your actions will not be counted in their ratings.
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question433.htm

To find out who is watching TV and what they are watching, the company gets around 5,000 households to agree to be a part of the representative sample for the national ratings estimates. Nielsen's statistics show that 99 million households have TVs in the United States, so Nielsen's sample is not very large. The key, therefore, is to be sure the sample is representative. Then TVs, homes, programs, and people are measured in a variety of ways.

To find out what people are watching, meters installed in the selected sample of homes track when TV sets are on and what channels they are tuned to. A "black box," which is just a computer and modem, gathers and sends all this information to the company's central computer every night. Then by monitoring what is on TV at any given time, the company is able to keep track of how many people watch which program.

Small boxes, placed near the TV sets of those in the national sample, measure who is watching by giving each member of the household a button to turn on and off to show when he or she begins and ends viewing. This information is also collected each night.

The national TV ratings largely rely on these meters. To ensure reasonably accurate results, the company uses audits and quality checks and regularly compares the ratings it gets from different samples and measurement methods.