PDA

View Full Version : New York Grassroots planning thread- Lets WIN the Empire State for Ron Paul!

Rocco
04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
With 17 days til the NY primary, I think we need to mobilize all NY RPF people to make sure we have a STRONG showing!

First order of business, April 15th there is a Tax Day Tea Party in Watkins Glen, NY with a STRAW POLL! It is imperative that we win this straw poll and have a great turnout at this event for Ron Paul!

Here is info on this event:

http://www.wesurroundrochester.com/events/55837322/

Secondly, is there any way at all we can coordinate to help the national campaign in NY these last couple weeks? Their presence here has been minimal, but we have to do everything we can!

Thoughts, from fellow NYers or others who have suggestions?

CTRattlesnake
04-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Convinced my dad in Pound Ridge to vote for Paul.....so chalk up another senior for Paul.

I think we need to make a solid effort to win some of the minortiy CD's in the city.

BTW...here are the new cd's for 2012 and the primary

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/03/20/nyregion/new-york-redistricting.html

PolicyReader
04-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I know there are grassroots groups pushing there but I don't have direct links to the ground, can someone here who does speak up so everyone local can make the right connections?

NikolayaRadchenkova
04-07-2012, 03:22 PM
It's so frustrating being stuck abroad and not being able to help in my home state! The worst thing is my employer is transferring me back to NYC in the next few months, but too late for the primary!

PolicyReader
04-08-2012, 05:30 AM
It's so frustrating being stuck abroad and not being able to help in my home state! The worst thing is my employer is transferring me back to NYC in the next few months, but too late for the primary!
I'd bridal at that too, the timing ugh. At least you still have net access, there are ways to contribute at range even if it does preclude on the ground work.

Rocco
04-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Any upstate NYers around RPF? We could certainly use the activism!

PolicyReader
04-09-2012, 03:47 AM
ronpaulhawaii may know more, I'd suggest a PM

John F Kennedy III
04-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Bump

thequietkid10
04-09-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm from upstate NY, about 20 miles east of Buffalo

PolicyReader
04-09-2012, 05:23 PM
bump

Steve-in-NY
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
There's a bunch of long islanders active here, I personally got ~10 paul voters to make sure they hit the polls.. gonna have my hands full. Working on more now and trying to do some vote Ron Paul signs w the date to post up

ORBOTRON
04-09-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm from upstate, just north of Albany. Our group has been pretty active lately, we organize primarily on FB, find us at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/capitaldistrictronpaul/

For our friends a bit to the west, there is a slightly less active group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/100342603402313/

Today is the first I've heard of the straw poll. We have a sign wave and prep for a Ronvoy planned for the 15th, I need to get more details on the straw poll to see if we can possibly incorporate it.

Rocco
04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Wow, SO glad to see you guys! Yes, there will for certain be a straw poll at this rally on the 15th and it WILL receive media attention! Our confirmed speakers list right now includes Carl Paladino, the 3 US senate candidates from NY who are republican and possibly nationally syndicated radio host and Ron Paul supporter Josh Tolley ( 1776.chipin.com to donate), so it is ESSENTIAL we represent for NY and win this straw poll!

I'm from upstate, just north of Albany. Our group has been pretty active lately, we organize primarily on FB, find us at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/capitaldistrictronpaul/

For our friends a bit to the west, there is a slightly less active group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/100342603402313/

Today is the first I've heard of the straw poll. We have a sign wave and prep for a Ronvoy planned for the 15th, I need to get more details on the straw poll to see if we can possibly incorporate it.

ORBOTRON
04-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Unfortunately, our event is a good 4 hours from yours, and depending on where in NY Dr. Paul decides to visit on the 19th, many of us may be looking at a long drive just a few days later. I'll leave your post on our FB page for a while though, to give people the option and hopefully some can donate to your chipin.
You should post up on the CNY FB page I mentioned, David Gay already knows about the Watkins event, but maybe you could coordinate with him to get more exposure.

Jmalo
04-09-2012, 09:49 PM

I'm from near Binghamton, and I have to say the focus should be on certain districts and not trying to win the whole thing. Keeping Romney under 50% is priority #1 for the other candidates, including Paul. Winning some delegates here and there is Second. Winning the whole state is wasted effort because it won't happen.

I saw plenty of Ron Paul stuff in 2008. But this year I saw one sign wave in a terrible location and nothing else. Granted, I haven't seen anything at all for the others. Bu for Ron Paul to do well, there needs to be MUCH more for him than the others.

At this point, given pretty much zero official campaign activity here, the goal should be keeping Romney to under 70 delegates. That is doable. But only with focused efforts. It is doubtful Romney voters will be convinced to change their mind...so the way to bring down his percent is to make the total number of votes cast greater. I know in Binghamton there may be a bigger than usual Republican turnout. Our mayor is so inept and corrupt that he is hated by pretty much everybody. Since he is still in office for one more year, Republicans might try to send a message with a strong turnout both in 2 weeks and in November. Already all the Democrats on the mayor's staff are distancing themselves from him since they will feel the wrath of the voters. (Personally, I don't think smaller city mayors should have 4 year terms. For smaller cities that is just too much time to fuck things up for a city..especially if like our mayor, he doesn't get a majority for re-election and rather than have a run-off between the top two (which he would have lost by a lot) he gets the all democrat council to change the rules to allow for plurality to be enough. All so he can use his lame duck term to set up his post-government private career.)

Vanilluxe
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM
If we are work very hard, a 15 percent would be rewarding enough.

Rocco
04-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Well donating to my chip in to have Josh Tolley speak at the Tea Party rally in Watkins Glen, NY will certainly have a competent, informed and articulate individual preaching the message to the LARGEST gathering of republicans in CNY leading up to the primary. Over 1,000 people are expected to attend this and Carl Paladino will make a big push for Newt. We MUST have someone there, and if we cannot raise this money for the roundtrip plane ticket (we have everything else covered) we can't do this.

http://1776.chipin.com/expenses-for-josh-tolley-to-speak-on-behalf-of-ron-paul-at-ny-tea-party

Rocco
04-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Btw, Ignore the $0 mark, I have 3 donations pending equaling $222.72, I just have to wait for Paypal to confirm my bank account.