PDA

View Full Version : A project for law-enforcement I could get behind.

Elfshadow
04-07-2012, 04:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WSd6aV6aSc

One for every cop please.

azxd
04-07-2012, 07:31 AM
I like the idea, and it's from my home State, so it will boost my local economy :cool:

Time to go see it in person ... Anyone got a question they want asked ?

Myself,
I want to know why it is officer activated ... I'd prefer a system that is proximity activated, and intend to make this suggestion.
It should come on as the officer leaves their vehicle.
Not sure how to work the bike riding patrol officer, though.

kcchiefs6465
04-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Yes, because dashboard cameras never "malfunction." Out here cops wear a recorder anyways. But what do you know, those too seem to conveniently malfunction. Here is one of that cops that routinely violated my civil rights. For my lawsuit however out of the thirty odd cop cars that were on scene only one camera was recording and that was of a cop who arrived twenty minutes after intial traffic stop. (This isn't video of my traffic stop (because they destroyed all videos other than an uneventful one) but this is one of the cops that was there.) Glad to say after about a year of paid leave this cop was fired.

EDIT: BELOW IS VIDEO

phill4paul
04-07-2012, 08:07 AM
[video=youtube;VG2TSCpSEVw]Glad to say after about a year of paid leave this cop was fired.

He will probably be re-instated in a couple of years with the help of a PBA, Union or 'hearing officers.' Then he'll probably get one fat lump sum of back pay for his time 'off.' In the meantime he will be hired on at another police department. It seems to be the new thing among cops. Why get a couple weeks paid vacation when you can get a couple years worth?

kcchiefs6465
04-07-2012, 08:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkHQuyEQze4&feature=related

donnay
04-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Great a cop cam, that if he does something really wrong, his camera will some how malfunction. :rolleyes:

I think we all need to be wearing Citizen Cams, for our protection!

In some states it is illegal to even video a cop!

kcchiefs6465
04-07-2012, 08:19 AM
I think we all need to be wearing Citizen Cams, for our protection!

What did your mother tell you about eavesdropping? :rolleyes:

tod evans
04-07-2012, 09:26 AM
A simple solution is; no video = no pay.

No video for any human interaction = loss of job and pension.

In other words cops would be required to validate their salary, and there would be no questions regarding the (ill)legality of their interactions with citizens.

hazek
04-07-2012, 09:49 AM
This will only work if the videos are instantly streamed to an independent private company that will always release a recording if you can prove you're on it. Otherwise it's a waste of money and will as others have said conveniently malfunction when the shit hits the fan and be worthless.

Tod
04-07-2012, 10:05 AM
What did your mother tell you about eavesdropping? :rolleyes:

"keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut." ;)

Tod
04-07-2012, 10:07 AM
A simple solution is; no video = no pay.

No video for any human interaction = loss of job and pension.

In other words cops would be required to validate their salary, and there would be no questions regarding the (ill)legality of their interactions with citizens.

Good idea!

tod evans
04-07-2012, 10:14 AM
This will only work if the videos are instantly streamed to an independent private company that will always release a recording if you can prove you're on it. Otherwise it's a waste of money and will as others have said conveniently malfunction when the shit hits the fan and be worthless.

Sounds like a possible demographic for a new small business in the tech sector?