PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

evanescence
04-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Hello to all. I accidentally found this place. Seems interesting so far. I am a political refugee. No real affiliation, but I plan to vote for Ron Paul this fall. He is sadly the only candidate that supports liberty, and the principles I believe this country was founded upon. I am a student of history, and I am most fond of Thomas Jefferson. What I find interesting about history: It really does repeat itself. Corruption was a reality back in Jefferson's time, as well. And the same issues of liberty v. security, the haves v. the haves nots, the elites vs the common man, etc existed back then.

Collectivism- well, it doesn't work. It never has. At least not on a larger level. People are self oriented. They do things for their own benefit which means that those in Power will do things for their benefit. This is why Big Government fails. It is an inefficient monstrosity which devours personal liberty. I'll end with this thought:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

I think that Benjamin Franklin had it right. Liberty is priceless. There is nothing the government can offer that the citizens cannot do better themselves. The government grows and consumes more, while giving almost nothing back. It produces nothing. It only takes and redistributes- poorly. Everything it does, it does parasitically on the back of the citizens. Lastly, it is used as a weapon of the elite for special interests. I am hoping that it is not too late for this country.

donnay
04-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Welcome aboard evanescence!