PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have gathered Ballot Access Signatures

tbone717
04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I haven't done this in ages, so I was wondering if anyone who has recently collected signatures for ballot access can tell me how many signatures per hour they were able to acquire and the method utilized.

Thanks for the input.

ross11988
04-06-2012, 05:07 PM
<5 - you better find a new place
10>5 - Typical
25>10 - Really well.

I find my best spots outside the post office. This is the best because you know the people usually live in that area.

Just ask "Sir/Ma'am, do you happen to be a registered republican? (If yes), would you mind signing mine/a friends petition that is running for (office)"

tbone717
04-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks I was thinking 10 per hour whether it was door to door or tabling. If anyone else can add insight I would appreciate it.

kathy88
04-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I haven't done this in ages, so I was wondering if anyone who has recently collected signatures for ballot access can tell me how many signatures per hour they were able to acquire and the method utilized.

Thanks for the input.

It depends on your area. I'm in a small town. I walked main street and hit the shop owners and people shopping who were curious. Restaurants I frequent, I also am lucky enough to work with a large number of people. But realistically that averaged 10/hour. If you are in a larger area, the post office is a really good idea.

sailingaway
04-06-2012, 05:53 PM
you could go to caucuses. I don"t know what state you are in

tbone717
04-06-2012, 07:35 PM
you could go to caucuses. I don"t know what state you are in

I'm in PA, this is for research. Not needing ballot access at the present time.

D.A.S.
04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Yea, in the area where I live -- Mercer Co, NJ -- sometimes it would take 3 hours to get 5 signatures. I'd have to travel some ways out to do better, but I live in the Obama country, where GOP is mostly all Romney and very hostile to Paul.